Setting up page layout for a5 to double up on a4 paper

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you can 
print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on each 
page.  

Hope that makes sense

Thanks   
0
Utf
2/10/2010 12:29:01 PM
word.pagelayout 771 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
7995 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 56

Assuming this is Word 2000 or later, on the Paper tab of Page Setup, select 
A4 as the paper size. On the Margins tab, under "Multiple pages," select "2 
pages per sheet." If you create the A5 page only once, then you'll need to 
put "1,1" in the Pages box in the Print dialog.

-- 
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"yellowhouse1976" <yellowhouse1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:A85929EA-2FB7-4EA3-8945-E5D508335732@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you can
> print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on 
> each
> page.
>
> Hope that makes sense
>
> Thanks
> 

0
Suzanne
2/10/2010 1:08:59 PM
Hi Suzanne

Thanks for replying.  Yes I am using MS Word 2003 with SP3.  I tried that 
using a test document and after I had selected "2 pages per sheet" each 
original A4 page was then spilt across 2 landscape A5 pages.  

Maybe I wasnt clear enough about what I am trying to do.  I want to be able 
to have identical A5 pages side by side portrait so that they can be print on 
one single A4 sheet.  

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Assuming this is Word 2000 or later, on the Paper tab of Page Setup, select 
> A4 as the paper size. On the Margins tab, under "Multiple pages," select "2 
> pages per sheet." If you create the A5 page only once, then you'll need to 
> put "1,1" in the Pages box in the Print dialog.
> 
> -- 
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
> 
> "yellowhouse1976" <yellowhouse1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> message news:A85929EA-2FB7-4EA3-8945-E5D508335732@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you can
> > print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on 
> > each
> > page.
> >
> > Hope that makes sense
> >
> > Thanks
> > 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 2:11:03 PM
It sounded like you had an A5 page already. If you want your A4 page reduced 
to A5, then that's a different matter; for that, you must use "2 pages per 
sheet" in the Print dialog and print pages 1,1.

-- 
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"yellowhouse1976" <yellowhouse1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:2A9F9CE9-704B-478B-B25A-715E0EFE329D@microsoft.com...
> Hi Suzanne
>
> Thanks for replying.  Yes I am using MS Word 2003 with SP3.  I tried that
> using a test document and after I had selected "2 pages per sheet" each
> original A4 page was then spilt across 2 landscape A5 pages.
>
> Maybe I wasnt clear enough about what I am trying to do.  I want to be 
> able
> to have identical A5 pages side by side portrait so that they can be print 
> on
> one single A4 sheet.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> Assuming this is Word 2000 or later, on the Paper tab of Page Setup, 
>> select
>> A4 as the paper size. On the Margins tab, under "Multiple pages," select 
>> "2
>> pages per sheet." If you create the A5 page only once, then you'll need 
>> to
>> put "1,1" in the Pages box in the Print dialog.
>>
>> -- 
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "yellowhouse1976" <yellowhouse1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:A85929EA-2FB7-4EA3-8945-E5D508335732@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you 
>> > can
>> > print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on
>> > each
>> > page.
>> >
>> > Hope that makes sense
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>>
>> .
>>
> 

0
Suzanne
2/10/2010 5:48:37 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Expansion Server setting
I recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Yesterday, I removed the Ex5.5 server for good according to the instructions provided by Microsoft (Q822450). I have also stopped the ADC services and switched to Native Mode. However, when I look at the properties for groups (or what's formerly known as distribution lists), under the Expansion server setting, the old server is still there. Is there any way to get rid of that, and if yes, where can I find the instructions? If you want to know what I mean, I have a screen shot here: http://chrishch.freeshell.org/misc/advpro...

Which property should I use for a "safe" settings file storage?
I would like to know from which property do I get the path to a safe file storage area for my application, safe as in it will work for any version of Windows without any default Windows security form the newer OSs screaming bloody murder. I will need read/write access to the file I put there as my program is run. "trant" <trant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6262593-03C7-4F85-800C-52E387679A1E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know from which property do I get the path to a safe file > storage area for my application, safe as in it wil...

Page Numbers across worksheets
Does anyone know how to setup page numbers in the footer that will print continuously across worksheets when you chose print entire workbook from Excel 2000 or later? The closest I was able to come was to print the tab name so that the pages came out as worksheet1 page1 Worksheet1 Page2, Worksheet2 Page 1, Worksheet3, Page 1 Etc. Thanks! Daryl You just press the CTRL key and click the specified worksheets tab, then use print preview (or print directly), you may find out the page number is continously. HTH Harry "Daryl G." <Not@Provided.com> �b�l�� news:ejJBNJBeDHA.1832@...

Sharepoint data missing on all article pages
Hello All: I have been putting together our firm Sharepoint site and nearly completed it when all of the sudden my site data disapears. On any article page that was created, the text and images are simply gone. If I go in and edit the page, all of my applets are gone and I cannot add or edit anything for that page. Any page where a web part is seems to be fine. All links in the dropdown and sidebar are still there. Before this all happened, I added a data view web part using SP Designer that connected to our database and pulled down user information. I also may have edited...

Is there an easy way to set a block of text as a paragraph?
I have a table and heading and want to set that as a paragraph for purposes such as add a border using Word 2003 and Word 2007. Also if there is text spread across a document and its nominally two columns (not a continuous format) and there are headings but its a bit disjoint (they are different tab location with some indents) is there an easy way to get it all nicely lined up? I am sorry but your question reads as gibberish. Can you better explain what you are trying to achieve? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> &l...

E-mail router settings (to attach all masseges)
Hello! If i check option in MS CRM (Tools --> settings) "attach all incoming massages to MS CRM" i get window with text "Require settings in E-mail Router". (I have installed Russian version, therefore may be my translation is not correct.) What settings i have to do? Thanks in advance! Lina ...

Can Publisher print divided page ranges?
With Ms-Word, you can specify several ranges of pages, using commas as delimiters, such as: 1-4,9,10-12 This doesn't seem possible with Ms-Publisher 2003, but maybe I'm missing something. It only seems possible to indicate one range, such as 3-10 Is there a way to have just certain pages print out such that several ranges are involved? I'm trying to accomplish the equivalent of Ms-Word's "MasterDocument" by having a 40 page master, from which I can specify a 12 page version, a 28 page version, etc. The twelve page version might be something like: 1-3,8-9,10,14,36-4...

Page breaks in Mac Word 2004 when inserting revisions
Hi there, I've just installed Office 2004 and already I have an annoying problem with Word 2004. When I am viewing revisions in Page Layout view, crazy page breaks appear before every subheading, requiring annoying page scrolls all the time. The spurious page breaks can be made to disappear by turning off viewing of revisions, but this defeats the purpose of this mode. Does anyone have a work around? This problem did not exist in Office X. malcolm In article <BDC93787.12F%mhl@soton.ac.uk>, Malcolm Levitt <mhl@soton.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi there, > I've just installe...

setting /locking down the default stationery
Hi All I wondered if anyone knew a registry value I could use to lock this to our corp std via a login script. Use a script or other method to copy the stationery file to the = Stationery folder for the user's Windows profile (See = http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm) and set this registry value = to mandate use of that stationery:=20 Key: = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSett= ings Value name: NewStationery Value type: REG_EXPAND_SZ Value: Name of the HTML file, without the .htm tag For example, if the name of the stationery file is =E2=8...

Svaing as Web Page Problem
I made a spreadsheet for my fire department to keep track of personnel stats (vacation time, comp time, sick time ect) I used an old form first which had employees names in bold on it and just deleted everything. I created the new spreadsheet with a different sheet for each person. It came out perfect. I svaed it as an excel file then I saved it as a web page to put on our departments web site for all to view from home computers. I have all fo the files lcated at www.grovevillefire.com/stats These files include.. The main excel file called Employee STats 2006 The web page made : ...

Create 3rd data set off comparison of 2 other sets
Hoping someone out there can help me with this. I have 2 sheets in the same wb. I need to be able to compare the 2 sets of data in both sheets and have them combine on a 3rd sheet. For example. Sheet 1 has the following data in Column A: abc defg hijk Sheet 2 has the following data in Column A: abc hijk lmn I need to somehow to have sheet 3 automatically populate with all the items that show up on both sheet 1 and sheet 2, but only show up once as in the example below. abc defg higj lmn The amount of data in sheets 1 and 2 will change each time the user upd...

Setting Up Payees
I'm sure this is a quick answer. but I'm having trouble setting up payees. I have all of these transactions from paychecks or different gas stations with slightly different transaction names/numbers. I want to be able to set it up so that they will all be catagorized as 1 company and 1 catagory (i.e.: Shell or the company I work for instead of shell 122 N hamilton road, or COPCP 03122004). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Adam Windisch In microsoft.public.money, Adam Windisch wrote: >I'm sure this is a quick answer. but I'm having trouble setting up >payees....

How can i set default headers and footers?
I am trying to to set to default the headers and footers on all excel sheets to try and save time having to set them up everytime i start a new sheet. How can i do this? Create a workbook that has everything you want to have in each future new workbook. Then save it as "BOOK" to your XLSTART folder, changing the file type to Template (Excel will assign the XLT extension). To have each new inserted worksheet customized create a single sheet workbook and save it as above but with the name SHEET. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mr P Lamphee" <Mr P Lamphee@discussions.micr...

set access file to open in exclusive mode
I am working with a project form in access currently, and I would like for the users to be able to work with the form, but only one user at a time. I currently have a switchboard that opens by default when the .mdb file is double-clicked. I've set the access (in options/advanced) to 'exclusive' and I unchecked the box under the locking options (I set locking options to 'all records'). Is there a way to display a message to the user (if someone else is working in the file) that they cannot have access at that time, etc? Thanks for your help, Louis Any time a user attempt...

Can I set up AutoComplete not to forget names for 30 days?
Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses for a few days only. Can we extend the time? Thx Autocomplete does not "forget" names. The autocomplete cache stores up to 1000 names. What version of Outlook are you using? "MagicMusic9" <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8657EEE7-74B2-4E3B-8DB8-5037F739E7F3@microsoft.com... > Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email > addresses > for a few days only. Can we extend the time? > > Thx > ...

Remove Page Number
Is it possible to remove a page number (which was inserted using the Insert Page Number command) from a Pub. 2003 document after the document has been saved? Thanks. You can go to the Master page (Ctrl+m) and manually delete the page number text boxes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Larry Wilks" <larry.w.wilks(***)@pdq.net> wrote in message news:uu$u4OVjGHA.4344@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to remove a page number (which was inserted using the Insert > Page Number command) fr...

Document won't open on first page
When I open my saved document it opens on the second page and not the first/title page. This may have to do with the fact that the first pg. does not have its pg. # visible or that it's header differs from the rest of the document. How can I change this so that it opens to the first page? Thank you! A Word document always opens at the top of the file unless there is an AutoOpen macro forcing it to a different location. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jerz" <Jerz@discussions.microsoft....

Restoring Settings???
Ok, I am still working on this matter where I try to open a link from existing online app, and the window is still minimized---not max as was the case usually. This problem seemed to develop after I up'd IE8/YM based on claim I needed to upgrade for better protection. When I went into log files, I saw a descript on "faulty app" for both IE8 and YM. I also found something on restoring setting to previous time. I remember doing this with the old "GoBack" program which I found very satisifying and easy to use. But I have never attempted this with Vista. I would r...

In excel how set up a sequence to drag Mon, Tues, Wed Etc,
In excel how do I set up a sequnce Mon. Tues, Wed, etc so I just drag it down a column to fill in for a month Just type Mon, Tues, Wed in 3 cells, highlight them all, and drag the Fill Handle, that little box in the lower right hand corner of the last highlighted cell, and it will fill like you want. "miltdp" wrote: > In excel how do I set up a sequnce Mon. Tues, Wed, etc so I just drag it down > a column to fill in for a month ...

Internet e-mail settings test
When the settings test fails, where to I find information other than POP3 for my Incoming server and SMTP for my Outgoing server? "Dick" <RKrogs@aol.com> wrote in message news:08ac01c3d6e8$952c96f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When the settings test fails, where to I find information > other than POP3 for my Incoming server and SMTP for my > Outgoing server? What other information are you wanting? ...

how do I move pages in Publisher with out having to copy/paste?
I would like to move pages in with in publisher. I try and drag page two to page 7 and it will not let me. I can copy page two, insert a page before page 7 and paste it, but I can't move any pages. Please send any responses to Robert_Hunt@balboainsurance.com. Thank you.... RHunt wrote: > I would like to move pages in with in publisher. I try and drag page > two to page 7 and it will not let me. I can copy page two, insert a > page before page 7 and paste it, but I can't move any pages. Group, copy and paste is the only way. > Please send any responses to Robert_Hunt...

setting up the browser?
Can anyone assist in how I would go about setting up the browser to be able to preview the web page before publishing it? thank you...p.s. the error message I get is "Y ou do not currently have a browser program registered to show HTML(HTM) files." CK1 wrote: > Can anyone assist in how I would go about setting up the browser to > be able to preview the web page before publishing it? thank > you...p.s. the error message I get is "Y ou do not currently have a > browser program registered to show HTML(HTM) files." Wrong group. Please repost to the webdesign group...

Keeping MSN.com as my Home Page
I, often run a program called..."Advanced System Optimizer" wherein I, amongst other diagnostic devices, I delete my cookies....which causes My Homepage to become 'blank.' Does anyone know the name of the cookie that I do not have to delete in order to maintain my homepage as MSN.com? Thank you, FLKulchar Look in Cookies right after cleaning and resetting the Home page to MSN. FLKULCHAR wrote: > I, often run a program called..."Advanced System Optimizer" wherein I, > amongst other diagnostic devices, I delete my cookies....which causes...

Setting up the Viewing Area
How do I set up the main viewing panes so that I show Mail but where the reading pane is, I show a calendar and a tasks pane instead. The online help talks about docking and undocking panes but the handle isn't visible to grab. Use the folders view and select to view the calendar. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Geoff Schaller asked: | How do I...

How to take master page control value in .aspx page
Dear friends, Please tell me how to take master page control value in .aspx page. I have a master page name master1.master, which holds one drop down <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlName" runat="server"> <asp:ListItem>Vinod</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Manoj</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Alok</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Amit</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Osho</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Ganesh&l...