Print Frist 2 pages in First Page Tray & others in other pages tra

I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and 
remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.

Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print the 
second page of the document to the headed paper back side.

So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining 
pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).

Need to if this is possible. 

Code
--declare
Dim sPrinterName$
Dim sPortName$
Dim nFirstPageTray
Dim nOtherPagesTray

-- assignment 
sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
sPortName$ = 'assign port name
nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"

--Set print details
WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$, 
DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1

--Set the trays
WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray, 
OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray

--Print the ducment
WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1

Thanks
Senthil
0
Utf
6/4/2010 10:27:19 AM
word.pagelayout 771 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
3997 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to tray1 
and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro 
code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted for 
the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it could 
be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree 
numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)

You would also be helping reduce available jobs.


-- 
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>



"Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C0520B52-6EB9-4A86-B3E8-BA597E67E281@microsoft.com...
>I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
> Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
> remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
>
> Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print 
> the
> second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
>
> So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining
> pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
>
> Need to if this is possible.
>
> Code
> --declare
> Dim sPrinterName$
> Dim sPortName$
> Dim nFirstPageTray
> Dim nOtherPagesTray
>
> -- assignment
> sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
> sPortName$ = 'assign port name
> nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
> nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
>
> --Set print details
> WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
> DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
>
> --Set the trays
> WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
> OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
>
> --Print the ducment
> WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
>
> Thanks
> Senthil 


0
Graham
6/4/2010 11:08:54 AM
So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages tray? 
Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?

Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.

And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)

Thanks 
Senthil
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to tray1 
> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro 
> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
> 
> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted for 
> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it could 
> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree 
> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
> 
> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
> 
> 
> -- 
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> 
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> 
> 
> 
> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:C0520B52-6EB9-4A86-B3E8-BA597E67E281@microsoft.com...
> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
> >
> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print 
> > the
> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
> >
> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining
> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
> >
> > Need to if this is possible.
> >
> > Code
> > --declare
> > Dim sPrinterName$
> > Dim sPortName$
> > Dim nFirstPageTray
> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > -- assignment
> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
> >
> > --Set print details
> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
> >
> > --Set the trays
> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > --Print the ducment
> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
> >
> > Thanks
> > Senthil 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
6/4/2010 12:11:51 PM
I couldn't find any specific code which says to print two pages in tray1 and 
rest to tray2 in the given link.

OR

Do you mean to say that if First page tray is set to Tray1 and other pages 
Tray to Tray2 and if the whole printer is duplexed (tray1 and tray2), the 
output will be two pages in first tray and remaining pages to Tray 2.


"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to tray1 
> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro 
> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
> 
> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted for 
> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it could 
> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree 
> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
> 
> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
> 
> 
> -- 
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> 
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> 
> 
> 
> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:C0520B52-6EB9-4A86-B3E8-BA597E67E281@microsoft.com...
> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
> >
> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print 
> > the
> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
> >
> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining
> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
> >
> > Need to if this is possible.
> >
> > Code
> > --declare
> > Dim sPrinterName$
> > Dim sPortName$
> > Dim nFirstPageTray
> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > -- assignment
> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
> >
> > --Set print details
> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
> >
> > --Set the trays
> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > --Print the ducment
> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
> >
> > Thanks
> > Senthil 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
6/4/2010 12:33:33 PM
Referring to the aforementioned web page - you would probably need to modify 
the macro along the lines of

Sub FilePrint()
Dim sCurrentPrinter As String '*
Dim sTray As Integer
sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter '*
sTray = Options.DefaultTrayID
ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" '*
With Options
    .DefaultTrayID = 260
End With
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
        wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1,2"
With Options
    .DefaultTrayID = sTray
End With
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
        wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter '*
End Sub

The lines marked '* could be removed if the user is always using the same 
printer (though check the tray assigments as shown)
-- 
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>



"Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A88CBB31-960D-46BA-8DAE-0C4A532917CE@microsoft.com...
> So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages tray?
> Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?
>
> Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.
>
> And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)
>
> Thanks
> Senthil
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to 
>> tray1
>> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro
>> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
>>
>> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted 
>> for
>> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it 
>> could
>> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree
>> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
>>
>> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C0520B52-6EB9-4A86-B3E8-BA597E67E281@microsoft.com...
>> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
>> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
>> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
>> >
>> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to 
>> > print
>> > the
>> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
>> >
>> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & 
>> > reamining
>> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
>> >
>> > Need to if this is possible.
>> >
>> > Code
>> > --declare
>> > Dim sPrinterName$
>> > Dim sPortName$
>> > Dim nFirstPageTray
>> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
>> >
>> > -- assignment
>> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
>> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
>> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
>> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
>> >
>> > --Set print details
>> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
>> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
>> >
>> > --Set the trays
>> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
>> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
>> >
>> > --Print the ducment
>> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Senthil
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Graham
6/4/2010 12:34:14 PM
Thanks Graham, this seems to be working expect i modified printing for rest 
of pages like below, hope this is right.

sRestPages = "3-" & ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Pages.Count
    
Options.DefaultTrayID = nOtherPagesTray 
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, 
Item:=wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:=sRestPages

Cheers
Senthil

> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"



"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Referring to the aforementioned web page - you would probably need to modify 
> the macro along the lines of
> 
> Sub FilePrint()
> Dim sCurrentPrinter As String '*
> Dim sTray As Integer
> sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter '*
> sTray = Options.DefaultTrayID
> ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" '*
> With Options
>     .DefaultTrayID = 260
> End With
> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1,2"
> With Options
>     .DefaultTrayID = sTray
> End With
> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
> ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter '*
> End Sub
> 
> The lines marked '* could be removed if the user is always using the same 
> printer (though check the tray assigments as shown)
> -- 
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> 
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> 
> 
> 
> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A88CBB31-960D-46BA-8DAE-0C4A532917CE@microsoft.com...
> > So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages tray?
> > Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?
> >
> > Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.
> >
> > And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Senthil
> > "Graham Mayor" wrote:
> >
> >> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to 
> >> tray1
> >> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro
> >> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
> >>
> >> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted 
> >> for
> >> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it 
> >> could
> >> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree
> >> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
> >>
> >> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
> >>
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >>
> >> My web site www.gmayor.com
> >> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:C0520B52-6EB9-4A86-B3E8-BA597E67E281@microsoft.com...
> >> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
> >> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
> >> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
> >> >
> >> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to 
> >> > print
> >> > the
> >> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
> >> >
> >> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & 
> >> > reamining
> >> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
> >> >
> >> > Need to if this is possible.
> >> >
> >> > Code
> >> > --declare
> >> > Dim sPrinterName$
> >> > Dim sPortName$
> >> > Dim nFirstPageTray
> >> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
> >> >
> >> > -- assignment
> >> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
> >> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
> >> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
> >> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
> >> >
> >> > --Set print details
> >> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
> >> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
> >> >
> >> > --Set the trays
> >> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
> >> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
> >> >
> >> > --Print the ducment
> >> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
> >> >
> >> > Thanks
> >> > Senthil
> >>
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
6/4/2010 3:47:28 PM
That will work - did you add
Dim sRestPages as String
at the start? You should declare all your variables.

-- 
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>


"Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:8577FEAC-738E-48F8-974A-FCA31565CC1A@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Graham, this seems to be working expect i modified printing for 
> rest
> of pages like below, hope this is right.
>
> sRestPages = "3-" & ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Pages.Count
>
> Options.DefaultTrayID = nOtherPagesTray
> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages,
> Item:=wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:=sRestPages
>
> Cheers
> Senthil
>
>> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
>
>
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> Referring to the aforementioned web page - you would probably need to 
>> modify
>> the macro along the lines of
>>
>> Sub FilePrint()
>> Dim sCurrentPrinter As String '*
>> Dim sTray As Integer
>> sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter '*
>> sTray = Options.DefaultTrayID
>> ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" '*
>> With Options
>>     .DefaultTrayID = 260
>> End With
>> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1,2"
>> With Options
>>     .DefaultTrayID = sTray
>> End With
>> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
>> ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter '*
>> End Sub
>>
>> The lines marked '* could be removed if the user is always using the same
>> printer (though check the tray assigments as shown)
>> -- 
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A88CBB31-960D-46BA-8DAE-0C4A532917CE@microsoft.com...
>> > So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages 
>> > tray?
>> > Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?
>> >
>> > Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.
>> >
>> > And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Senthil
>> > "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to
>> >> tray1
>> >> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For 
>> >> macro
>> >> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
>> >>
>> >> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests 
>> >> planted
>> >> for
>> >> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it
>> >> could
>> >> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in 
>> >> tree
>> >> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
>> >>
>> >> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> >> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>> >>
>> >> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> >> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:C0520B52-6EB9-4A86-B3E8-BA597E67E281@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
>> >> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper 
>> >> > and
>> >> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
>> >> >
>> >> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to
>> >> > print
>> >> > the
>> >> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
>> >> >
>> >> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray &
>> >> > reamining
>> >> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
>> >> >
>> >> > Need to if this is possible.
>> >> >
>> >> > Code
>> >> > --declare
>> >> > Dim sPrinterName$
>> >> > Dim sPortName$
>> >> > Dim nFirstPageTray
>> >> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
>> >> >
>> >> > -- assignment
>> >> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
>> >> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
>> >> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
>> >> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
>> >> >
>> >> > --Set print details
>> >> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + 
>> >> > sPortName$,
>> >> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
>> >> >
>> >> > --Set the trays
>> >> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
>> >> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
>> >> >
>> >> > --Print the ducment
>> >> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks
>> >> > Senthil
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Graham
6/5/2010 5:21:07 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Use first day of month formula in a drop down list
I'm using the formula =DATE(YEAR(B4),MONTH(B4),1) where cell B4 = Today() and this works to give me the 1st day of the current month. My question is: How do I use this in a drop down list on a separate worksheet in the same workbook? I have tried to name the cell containing the 'date' formula, but it looks like Excel does not allow naming a cell with a formula. Each time I name the cell (select the cell, click on the 'name box', type name, enter) when I re-select the cell it hasn't changed the cell name. It defaults back to the row/column name. Than...

Page Size/Config changes w/ Printer Selection (???)
This is weird... Running Publisher 2003; & am drafting simple parking lot layouts on my work machine. Mt page size & config is 8.5" X 14", in 'Landscape'. We have a new office printer (An HP 2800); & when I print to that printer everything is OK. But when I now attempt to print to the printer in my cubicle (HP 1610)...the page size jumps down to 8.5" X 11'' (allowing the page content to spill over the top & bottom of the page, of course). If I print anyway (to 8.5" X 14" paper), the alignment is way off. Anyone know what ...

Barcode Reader #2
MS GP ver.9 anybody using barcode reader with GP for invoce/PO. its possible with GP ? how to solve this issue. rgs saf ...

Box and whisker plots #2
Can anyone help? Does excel have a box plot graph function. i.e. like a bar chart except the bars are "floating" with the top value on the box representing the 75th centile, the bottom of the box representing the 25th centile, then error bars from the top of the box representing 90th centile and error bars from bottom of box representing 10th centile. I also would like to put a line within the box representing the median. Thanks John Hi, See Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.and...

How do you create an "html" file? #2
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor ...

Related Data Between 2 Different Workbooks
Hello everyone, I need to create 2 workbooks, which have data relationships. I don't know how to get data connect when I change data in the first workbook, this data will also be automatically changed in the second workbook. Please give me a hand. Thank you very much and I am looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Peter -- freeecoom ------------------------------------------------------------------------ freeecoom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27507 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470378 On...

Pivot Charts #2
Hello Is it possible to add a secondary axis to a pivot chart Also is it possible to display the 'grand total' on a pivot chart as well as the data that makes the grand total Thanks in advance James ...

Restore MOSS Default.aspx Page
I have a MOSS environment that consists of - WFE Server - DB Server There is only one farm on this installation. Recovery MOSS Server that host MOSS and SQL. This is backed up by DPM 2007. Backs work fine. When it comes to restores. The following happens... - single items (documents, files, etc.) all restore without a problem - restore default.aspx - fails with the following: The recovery jobs for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\SP-DB \SharePoint_Config_New that started at Friday, January 08, 2010 1:38:25 PM, with the destination of SP-DB.domain.com, have completed. Mos...

Reports
I have received a report request from a client and I'm stumped. The front page of the report contains a fixed text page header, detail section with text fields that can grow or shrink depending on the amount of text, and a fixed text page footer. The back page contains a different fixed text page header, fixed text (boilerplate) detail section, and different fixed text page footer. I have tried everything possible to configure the report sections to produce this report and nothing seems to work. Is there anyone who can tell me how I can get variable text on the first page to work ...

problem combining 2 formulas
Hello, I have two rates of exhange and I want to find the mid point and deduct 3% all in one formula. The bank buy rate is 1.6706 (cell a1) The bank sell rate is 1.6085 (cell a2) so =sum(a1-a2)/2 gives me the difference beween the two rates and I divide by 2 to find the basis for the mid point which is 0.03105 (cell a3) Then I create another formula (a3 + a2)*0.97 to give me the mid point -3% (or 97% of it the same either way) How can I combine the two formulas? I always seem to have a problem with circular refererences. thanks kinsey -- kinsey "kinsey" <kinsey@d...

Variable Print Length
I have a worksheet with 10 columns and 1 to 100 rows depending on the number of clients we have in a day. I would like to write a macro that automatically figures out the print size necessary and prints the sheet or sheets necessary to print all the information. For example suppose that on day 1 the last row with data is row 20. Since the sheet will print 30 rows per page, then the print size would be A1:J30. If, however, the number of rows used on day 2 is 49, then pressing the [Print] Button (that would run the macro) would print 2 sheets; the first with the first 30 rows and the se...

Duplex printing, one side is upside down. How to fix?
When I try to print a Publisher document in booklet form, my printer (a Canon Pixma 5000) prints both sides, but one side is upside down. Can anyone tell me how to get it to print so all the pages are right side up? Look in the print setup, clear "Flip pages up" or something similar, depending on your printer model. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JWynhausen" <JWynhausen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29C26FE1-0A43-48DA-8809-12B8886FA722@microsoft.com... > When I try...

form objects
hello, i am using excel 2000. i have designed a form in a worksheet by placing objects (checkbox, radiobuttons, text boxes, labels) in excel. the problem: when i save and preview or print the document, the printout is same as the form designed, after printing/previewing the document, when i return to worksheet, all the objects are aligned towards left (into a single column)- overlappping each other. if i donot save this, close and reopen the workbook, the objects are back in ther place, as designed. can somebody help in resolving this alignment problem. Why don't you...

I can't open Office Data File from CDs #2
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...

Office 2008 12.2.0 Update will not install?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to install the 12.2.0 Update and I get the red exclamation point on the disk in the installer. the error message ins the installer is: "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.0 Update on this volume. This update requires Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later." The computer is a MacBook Pro with 10.5.7 and office 12.1.9 installed. thanks in advance, tb. On 7/21/09 12:50 PM, in article 59b7889b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "tbInSM@officeformac.com" <tbInSM@officeformac.com> wrote: > &g...

Printing/viewing Activities
1. We need a way to be able to quickly and easily print multiple activities/emails. For example in outlook you select the email and press print and all of the details will print out each on its own page. 2. Need a way to quickly view the contents of the activities - like a preview screen. Users are having to open each email in crm to see the details and this takes too much time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane...

Printing photo greetings cards
I'm printing some greetings cards on heavy glossy paper. I'm printing on A5 size card (210x148 mm), which will fold down to A6 (105x148). That is, I want pages 1 and 4 (outside front and back covers) to print on the glossy side of the card and pages 2 and 3 (inside front and back) to print on the matte side. What print settings do I use in order to print 10 copies of pages 1 and 4, and then turn them over and put them through the printer again to print pages 2 and 3? If I were doing this in Word, I'd just use the Print dialogue to print pages '1,4' and then '...

converting lead error in 1,2
I get this error when i try to convert a lead to to an account and contact. Deos anyone have any ideas? Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information...

altitude crm connector #2
is there anyone who has experienced with altitude crm connector? how does it work? what does it provide? ...

A tough one? Two page template with separate headers and rolling.
Hi, I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished: I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format for video and audio production. I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder. When I open the binder I will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered tables containing columns and rows. The table on the first page (on the left) will have headers that designate items 1-5. The table on the second page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10. When I look at the two facing pages ...

Problem printing drawing of more than 5 pages
I tried printing a A3 Visio 2003 drawing that was fit into 6 X 1 A4 paper to print. However, when I print them, the horizontal lines were all not printed. Are you running the latest Sevice Pack for Visio? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Daph" <Daph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A8B0188-8753-49E1-B8E6-7ED6CC6F29E5@microsoft.com... >I tried printing a A3 Visio 2003 drawing that...

Blocking Spam #2
Is there any way to set up a filter that will block email when the name is changing but the IP address is staying the same? For example, I may get multiple emails with the following addresses. XYZ@maillists.com, yut78@maillists.com, hyu87@maillists.com. Is there any way to set up one filter that blocks all of these (ie. users@maillists.com or something like this)? thanks Use just domain name in Junk Filter f.e. "maillists.com" or *@maillist.com (without commas) "Craig Burson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e9401c39d5b$17fdf550$...

Reduce # of pages & help truncating cells
I have 2 questions that any help on would be much appreciated. 1) Currently when I go to print preview, it says page 1 out of 100000. Really there is only about 10 pages worth of data and the rest of the pages are just blank rows. I have a query so that I can't set a print area unless I want to do it everytime because the number of rows can change by a few from day to day. I know I could just check the # of pages with data and specify that each time I print, but I was hoping somebody knew a workaround for this. 2) Some of my cells have lots of text in them. When I print I want thi...

Data Entry problem #2
When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know where. Can anyone help? one way; Ctrl+A to select the entire sheet. Then format>cells>number tab Alternative; Tools>options>Edit tab>uncheck the fixed decimals box HTH "Bob Shepard" wrote: > When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points > (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know > where. Can anyone help? Hi Bob Just had...

printing baseline guides
Could someone please tell me how to avoid printing the guides on my final doc? Thanks Joanne Are you sure they aren't crop marks? In the print dialogue, advanced print options button, page settings, clear crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joanne" <jobobbuss@sbcglobal.com> wrote in message news:umVTroCxFHA.3000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Could someone please tell me how to avoid printing the guides on my > final doc? > Thanks > Joanne Thank you, thank you Mary Mary Sauer w...