Print Frist 2 pages in First Page Tray & others in other pages tra

I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.

Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print the
second page of the document to the headed paper back side.

So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining
pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).

Need to if this is possible.

Code
--declare
Dim sPrinterName$
Dim sPortName$
Dim nFirstPageTray
Dim nOtherPagesTray

-- assignment
sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
sPortName$ = 'assign port name
nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"

--Set print details
WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1

--Set the trays
WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray

--Print the ducment
WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1

Thanks
Senthil

Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to tray1
and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro
code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted for
the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it could
be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree
numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)

You would also be helping reduce available jobs.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
> Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
> remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
>
> Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print
> the
> second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
>
> So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining
> pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
>
> Need to if this is possible.
>
> Code
> --declare
> Dim sPrinterName$
> Dim sPortName$
> Dim nFirstPageTray
> Dim nOtherPagesTray
>
> -- assignment
> sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
> sPortName$ = 'assign port name
> nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
> nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
>
> --Set print details
> WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
> DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
>
> --Set the trays
> WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
> OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
>
> --Print the ducment
> WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
>
> Thanks
> Senthil

0
Graham
6/4/2010 11:08:54 AM
So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages tray?
Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?

Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.

And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)

Thanks
Senthil
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to tray1
> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro
> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
>
> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted for
> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it could
> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree
> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
>
> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
> >
> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print
> > the
> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
> >
> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining
> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
> >
> > Need to if this is possible.
> >
> > Code
> > --declare
> > Dim sPrinterName$
> > Dim sPortName$
> > Dim nFirstPageTray
> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > -- assignment
> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
> >
> > --Set print details
> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
> >
> > --Set the trays
> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > --Print the ducment
> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
> >
> > Thanks
> > Senthil
>

> .

I couldn't find any specific code which says to print two pages in tray1 and
rest to tray2 in the given link.

OR

Do you mean to say that if First page tray is set to Tray1 and other pages
Tray to Tray2 and if the whole printer is duplexed (tray1 and tray2), the
output will be two pages in first tray and remaining pages to Tray 2.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to tray1
> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro
> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
>
> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted for
> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it could
> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree
> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
>
> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
> >
> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print
> > the
> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
> >
> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray & reamining
> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
> >
> > Need to if this is possible.
> >
> > Code
> > --declare
> > Dim sPrinterName$
> > Dim sPortName$
> > Dim nFirstPageTray
> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > -- assignment
> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
> >
> > --Set print details
> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
> >
> > --Set the trays
> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
> >
> > --Print the ducment
> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
> >
> > Thanks
> > Senthil
>

> .

Referring to the aforementioned web page - you would probably need to modify
the macro along the lines of

Sub FilePrint()
Dim sCurrentPrinter As String '*
Dim sTray As Integer
sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter '*
sTray = Options.DefaultTrayID
ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" '*
With Options
    .DefaultTrayID = 260
End With
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
        wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1,2"
With Options
    .DefaultTrayID = sTray
End With
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
        wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter '*
End Sub

The lines marked '* could be removed if the user is always using the same
printer (though check the tray assigments as shown)
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages tray?
> Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?
>
> Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.
>
> And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)
>
> Thanks
> Senthil
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to
>> tray1
>> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro
>> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
>>
>> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted
>> for
>> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it
>> could
>> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree
>> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
>>
>> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
>>

>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper.
>> > Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and
>> > remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly.
>> >
>> > Now to be more eco-freindly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to
>> > print
>> > the
>> > second page of the document to the headed paper back side.
>> >
>> > So ideally i need to Print Frist Two pages in First Page Tray &
>> > reamining
>> > pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed).
>> >
>> > Need to if this is possible.
>> >
>> > Code
>> > --declare
>> > Dim sPrinterName$
>> > Dim sPortName$
>> > Dim nFirstPageTray
>> > Dim nOtherPagesTray
>> >
>> > -- assignment
>> > sPrinterName$ = 'assign print name
>> > sPortName$ = 'assign port name
>> > nFirstPageTray = ' assign "First Page Tray"
>> > nOtherPagesTray = ' assign "Other Pages Tray"
>> >
>> > --Set print details
>> > WordBasic.FilePrintSetup Printer:=sPrinterName$ + " on " + sPortName$,
>> > DoNotSetAsSysDefault:=1
>> >
>> > --Set the trays
>> > WordBasic.FilePageSetup applypropsto:=4, FirstPage:=nFirstPageTray,
>> > OtherPages:=nOtherPagesTray
>> >
>> > --Print the ducment
>> > WordBasic.FilePrint Background:=1
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Senthil
>>

>> .

0
Graham
6/4/2010 12:34:14 PM
Thanks Graham, this seems to be working expect i modified printing for rest
of pages like below, hope this is right.

sRestPages = "3-" & ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Pages.Count

Options.DefaultTrayID = nOtherPagesTray
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages,
Item:=wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:=sRestPages

Cheers
Senthil

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Referring to the aforementioned web page - you would probably need to modify
> the macro along the lines of
>
> Sub FilePrint()
> Dim sCurrentPrinter As String '*
> Dim sTray As Integer
> sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter '*
> sTray = Options.DefaultTrayID
> ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" '*
> With Options
>     .DefaultTrayID = 260
> End With
> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1,2"
> With Options
>     .DefaultTrayID = sTray
> End With
> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
> ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter '*
> End Sub
>
> The lines marked '* could be removed if the user is always using the same
> printer (though check the tray assigments as shown)
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages tray?
> > Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?
> >
> > Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.
> >
> > And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Senthil
> > "Graham Mayor" wrote:
> >
> >> Instead of setting different first page - print the first two pages to
> >> tray1
> >> and the rest to tray2. If the whole is duplexed it should work. For macro
> >> code to switch trays see  http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm
> >>
> >> I believe all trees used for paper are from sustainable forests planted
> >> for
> >> the purpose of creating paper and as more trees should be better, it
> >> could
> >> be argued that by not using paper you are adding to the reduction in tree
> >> numbers planted - albeit in a tiny way :)
> >>
> >> You would also be helping reduce available jobs.
> >>

> >> --
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >>
> >> My web site www.gmayor.com
> >> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >>

> >> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

That will work - did you add
Dim sRestPages as String
at the start? You should declare all your variables.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Thanks Graham, this seems to be working expect i modified printing for
> rest
> of pages like below, hope this is right.
>
> sRestPages = "3-" & ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Pages.Count
>
> Options.DefaultTrayID = nOtherPagesTray
> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages,
> Item:=wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:=sRestPages
>
> Cheers
> Senthil
>
>> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
>

> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> Referring to the aforementioned web page - you would probably need to
>> modify
>> the macro along the lines of
>>
>> Sub FilePrint()
>> Dim sCurrentPrinter As String '*
>> Dim sTray As Integer
>> sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter '*
>> sTray = Options.DefaultTrayID
>> ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" '*
>> With Options
>>     .DefaultTrayID = 260
>> End With
>> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="1,2"
>> With Options
>>     .DefaultTrayID = sTray
>> End With
>> ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
>>         wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="3-99"
>> ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter '*
>> End Sub
>>
>> The lines marked '* could be removed if the user is always using the same
>> printer (though check the tray assigments as shown)
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > So is it not possible if we have set First Page tray and other pages
>> > tray?
>> > Can we not tweak to print first two pages in First Page tray?
>> >
>> > Meanwhile i will go through the link you posted.
>> >
>> > And regarding the reducing papers its client who insisted upon this :-)
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Senthil

>> .

0
Graham

Mailbox enabled user #2
I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while before it actually shows up in Exchange? or is there trick to expedite the process. Thanks for your help. Chow. On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:27 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I >launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this >user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while befo...

Runtime error 94 invalid use of null #2
this is when creating a matrix item on the till. we go into quantity view and the error appears Microsoft RMS Windows Vista Thanks ...

printing labels in mailmerge wizard from excel doc.
Sorry. I was vague in my last e-mail. These are the steps I followed and where I go wrong: 1) open Word. 2) tools>Letters and mailings>mail merge wizard. 3)'Labels' radio button; scroll down to the bottom and click 'next: starting document'. 4)'Start from existing document' radio button, then I open the excel file I need. 5)It asks 'Entire workbook' so I scroll to the other option, which is my particular "Worksheet" then I open it. When it opens it's not in label format but I have faith and follow the steps anyway.6) I click 'next...

how to converts a number to text eg. "2" become "two" #2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 many excel utilities from third parties have this built in http://xcell05.free.fr/ Morefunc for instance, see above link -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions Portland, Oregon "CQ" <CQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03EC3E12-2919-4F4F-9D6B-101F7C095860@microsoft.com... > ...

Rule to filter mails from same exchange server #2
Hi All, In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the messages if the sender's address contains our domain name. But that doesn't work...may be bz, if the msg is from same exchange server, it won't include the domain name part in the sender's id. Pls help. Rgds SR sajirochira@gmail.com <sajirochira@gmail.com> wrote: > In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from > same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the > messages if ...

One-to-many relationship/mapping in CRM 1.2
Hello, I have a CRM 1.2 deployment (soon to be v 3.0) that I need to update with some custom fields. I have these two fields in "Opportunity" that pull from the same "Account" field (accountid). I cannot seem to be able to pick the accountid field for a second mapping. Does that mean 1:M mapping is not available in version 1.2, or am I missing something? Thanks, Nayden The mapping feature does not allow the same source field to populate multiple fields on the destination. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Nayden" <Nayden@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Spell check on a protected sheet #2
Hi I think I've fixed it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() CommandButton1.TakeFocusOnClick = False ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="password" Cells.CheckSpelling MsgBox "Spell check complete. Press OK to continue" ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password" End Sub I added the Message Box as if there are no spelling issues on the shee the users sees nothing happening when they press the button an naturally assumes its not worked. Thanks again for all your help Jon : -- jontai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jonta...

checks cut on the fly #2
Hello: Great Plains needs to have the Detailed Trial Balance and SmartList Builder be able to pull in the check number for checks cut on the fly. This sort of enhancement really needs to be in the system. You see, the whole concept of checks cut on the fly eludes both the trial balance and even SmartList Builder. The reason for this is becuase checks cut on the fly area part of the PMTRX source document rather than the PMCHK source document that is reserved only for checks that are cut in a computer check run. Therefore, both types of checks are in separate tables and the table link...

2 Questions about Excel Charts
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third column, I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these states on the chart (without manually entering each)? 2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number (without switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA for a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for discrete numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How do I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart? Thank you...

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

set up 401k #2
I CAN SET UP THE "SHELL" OF A 401K ACCOUNT. ONCE I START ENTERING SHARE PRICES AND QUANTITIES INTO A NEW ACCOUNT (INITIAL VALUE = $0) THE TOTAL ACCOUNT VALUE DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE; THE ACCOUNT VALUE IS VERY HIGH FOR HAVING ONLY 4 QUARTERS WORTH OF STATEMENTS ENTERED. WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER AND NOT TO ENTER?? I NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING WHAT I'M LOOKING AT AND SOME ASSISTANCE ON WHAT I COULD BE DOING WRONG WHEN ENTERING INFO. I AM A 7 YEAR USER OF MONEY BUT HAVE ALWAYS SHYED AWAY FROM SETTING UP MY INVESTMENT ACCOUNTS IN MONEY BECAUSE OF THE DIFFICULTIES MENTIONED...

Outlook Logging On #2
I have forgotten my passcode for my e-mail. I tried looking for information on what to do, all I found was that there is no way to recover it. Well ok so what am I suppose to do now. There has to be something! Help Please!!!!!!!! Thank you. contact your isp, email provider, or IT department as applicable, they will be able to reset your password. "Emily" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:227c01c47013$872e6230$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have forgotten my passcode for my e-mail. I > tried looking for information on what to do, ...

time over 1 hour #2
I have a cell that displays teh amount of time a person waited at a certain place. For example, 1:30 for 1 hour, 30 min. I need to have another cell that will tell me the time above one hour, in this case, :30 Thanks Excel counts one day as 1. Therefore 1 hour = 1/24. Try something like =A1-(1/24) Rgds, Andy With the time in A1 =MOD(A1,1/24) or if it 02:30 should be 01:30 over one hour =A1-TIME(1,,) format as hh:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "johnfli" <john@here.com> wrote in message news:e670PO%23nDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have a cell that ...

Can one adjust Format Row Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing
Does anyone know if you can adjust Format Rows Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing. I am continually frustrated that when I print after using the autofit function that I get text cut in half and underlines missing. Autofit does not seem to work properly. Can it be set to slightly overcompensate perhaps? Hi Gray, this problem only happens when you're working in a zoo different from 100%; so if you're working with 115% and autofit th rows they won't show up properly when you print (they will be cutted) Also there is a problem you have to consider is when you use Bold o...

transfer #2
I have a new machine with xp on it. I bought Money 2004 (and of course did not register the software). Now I need to get my 2004 on the new machine. I have 2004 on my old machine (bought online at Amazon, no CD). How to get it onto the new machine???? Thanks. With no CD, it'll be hard. Do you have to original downloaded install file? "Cliff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1508901c419c5$243dd420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a new machine with xp on it. I bought Money 2004 > (and of course did not register the software). Now I &g...

Conditional Format question #2
SG93IGNhbiBJIGNyZWF0ZSBhIGZvcm1hdCBmb3IgdGhlIGNlbGxzIHdoaWNoIGNvbnRhaW5zIGEg Y2VydGFpbiBzdWJzdHJpbmc/ > How can I create a format for the cells which contains a certain > substring? Select col A (A1 active), then apply the CF using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("diesel fuel",A1)) Format to taste > ok out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be a stricter, case sensitive search -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:19,000, Files:362, Subscribers:62 xdemechanik --- Cells being in column A use Format>Conditional formatting with this ...

Using Bank Rec for the first time
Scenario: Have been using GP for a long time with bank rec registered. Have not been reconciling, but have been doing deposits. Beginning balances for the cash account and checkbook were not entered back when GP was first implemented (2 years ago). Need to start using Bank Rec now. What is the best way to move forward into this scenario? We want to go back to the start of the current fiscal year (several months ago). We have the accurate bank balance as of the last day of the last fiscal year. I was thinking that it would make the most sense to just do an adjustment to make the checkbook...

RSS 2.0 Extensibility
I'm wondering if any subscribers would care to offer brief comments -- pro *and* con -- regarding the fact that RSS 2.0 is now extensible, notably by using namespaces. <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ ...

How do I print multiple pages on 1 sheet of A4 in Publisher 2002
Hi all, This is something that I have not been able to figure out but I expect is straight forward or impossible to do. I have a small page size (4" x 6") and so two of these pages will fit neatly onto an A4 sheet of paper. I can see how to print multiple COPIES of a page onto a single sheet, but I can't figure out how to print multiple pages onto a single sheet. If I choose to only print a single copy per page, Publisher decides to plonk the page in the middle on the A4 sheet. I can't see any option to get more than one page printed side by side. Any Ideas Chris ...

Sheet moves at print time, loos fine at preview
When I preview the spread sheet the vertical relationship between the spreadsheet and the header looks fine, no space, but after I print it there is extra space between the header and the spreadsheet. What causes this? What am doing wrong? Thanks, Erich Check your left margin to see if all the row numbers are sequential. You may have accidentally decreased the row height on row 2 and yo can't see the space in print preview, but it's there when you print. If that's the case, select the whole row, right click and select Ro Height to adjust the height -- DataCollecto ---------...

Trend line #2
Help! Can you use the trend line in Excel on a month by month basis? I’m using the trend line over a 12 month period Oct-02 to Sep-03 I have just changed the months to Nov-02 to Sep-03 have been given totally difference in trend lines. It this possible?? Last month the trend line indicated a 14% increase and with the new months is show a 60% decrease! Thanks Tony - How well do your trendlines match each year of data? If the data is curved, with an upwards slope early and a steeper downward slope in later months, you might see this kind of change. Things like trendlines and regressio...

Column Graphs #2
I am having trouble with the scaling of my X axis (catagory axis) for a column chart that I have created. It is a series of numbers from 0 to 55. I need the graph to have a linear scale at the bottom and the columns to be distributed accordingly. Any suggestions? Thanks What data are you using for your X values? A column chart does not have a numerical axis. The axis is comprised of a set of labels, or placeholders. Do you need columns, or would another chart type do? Information on chart types and axis types: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CatVsValueAxis.html http://pu...

How can i print sequential page numbers 1 to 10, if i have one wo.
I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100 times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this? DJN Code from Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/print�.htm#number Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1) For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount With ActiveSheet 'number in cell A1 '.Range("a1").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & Copi...

Start label in middle of page
Hi Using labels for a laser printer I would like to instruct the report to start printing on a spesific row.. Reason, sometime you only print one or two rows. The next time that you print labels you must be able to instruct it on which row to start printing. Can it be done? Thanks Alfred On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "MultipleLabelsOffset.mdb" which illustrates one way to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Ema...

Help, photo won't print
I scanned a photo that is a weird shape, it's a rectangle with an inset picture that is a square sitting on the top left. It's from a magazine article that I have permission to reprint in my newsletter. Because of the strange shape and I wanted text to wrap close to the inset picture on top, I created a transparent area so that the text would wrap close to the picture. Now, when we try to print that page, we get an X and a blank area where the picture is supposed to be. Is there any way for me to get this picture to print? It was scanned in Photoshop Elements and I saved it as a jp...