paper size not listed in page setup

Hi,
I'm using office 2003. When I go to page setup - Paper tab - In the paper
size box I cannot find the 11x17 option. I looked on other machines and it is
listed in theirs. Do I have to add it somehow?
Thanks

Word displays only the page sizes that are defined by the currently selected
printer driver. If you happen to be pointing to a printer that can't handle
anything larger than Letter size, then you won't see 11x17" in the list. Make
sure you've selected the same printer as the other computers have.

--
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP          FAQ: http://word.mvps.org

"rakaca" wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using office 2003. When I go to page setup - Paper tab - In the paper
> size box I cannot find the 11x17 option. I looked on other machines and it is
> listed in theirs. Do I have to add it somehow?
> Thanks

Publisher doesn't let me edit anything from the master page
Anything on the Master Page is uneditable. I used the master page before to put stuff on every page and edit it individually. It won't let me select it on those individual pages if its on the master page. is there an option somewhere to allow changes to be made to the stuff on the master page after it's applied to a page?? -- -angry and frustrated customer JJ wrote: > Anything on the Master Page is uneditable. I used the master page > before to put stuff on every page and edit it individually. It won't > let me select it on those individual pages if its on the master...

Posting Setup
What is the difference between Creating a Journal Entry Per: Transaction and Batch with and without “Use Account Settings” How does the GL store this information? For example if I had 50 A/P transactions throughout the month and I post at the end of the month per transaction will it record each amount to the Accounts Payable ledger separately? If I use batch will it sum up the amounts in Accounts Payable and just record one number? ...

Outlook Web Attachments of specific type gone, only paper clip pre
Our voicemail system integrates with exchange via Native POP3 Connector. All voicemails are attached to emails as voice.lvp. In the beginning the attachments were there, now they have disappeared. OWA is configured to allow all attachments and the ext. is not in either level 1 or 2 types. The email displays a paper clip showing an attachment but once you open the email, the attachment field is comepletely blank. I have tried everything. We are having a similar issue that has started since we installed SP3 on our exchange server. But it is with random attachments. I have searched and ...

Automatically Deleting a List from Another List
Hello There, I'm new to these parts and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a simple email list of 4000 addresses (List A) and some are no good. I've made a separate list (List B) of those and want to delete all of them from the initial list (List A). Is there a way of doing this without doing it manually? A formula of some sort? Thank you for your help. Look in the vba help index for FIND (FINDNEXT if more than one). Then a for each loop -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "ddethomas" <ddethomas@discussions.micros...

Number of Pages: A Better Way?
Word 2003 Windows Vista Business I'm trying to determine programmatically the number of pages in one document for use in another document. I've worked out that: NumberOfPagesInOtherDoc = OtherDoc.ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Pages.Count gets me what I want, and it is probably robust enough for my current needs. However, I'm wondering if there isn't a more efficient way. I recognise that the concept of "the number of pages in a document" is a somewhat fluid thing - influenced by stuff like the printer driver, etc. - but I somehow expected there to be a mo...

what size, speed,...
what processor speed, hard disk drive size, RAM size and other configurations is good for learning VB6 programming. Please, HELP! You don't need a high end computer to run VB6. You can get a basic setup (2 GHz processor, 60 GB Hard Drive and 256 MB RAM) from Dell for about $400. Anything capable of running Windows XP is enough for VB6. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "Saeed" <tiamiyusd@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23SJ8SijNHHA.4848@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

Buils your own mailing list!
http://www.magictools.nl/list/346/ ...

The page cannot be displayed
hi, i've recently installed CRM 3.0 but could not view it on my desktop via IE (the page cannot be displayed). but if i try to browse it on the server using IIS (right click the website and 'browse'), it works fine. i tried disabling the pop-up blocker on my PC but still the same error. any suggestions? thanks. bob What URL are you using to try to browse CRM? You said you can browse via IIS, so I take it that you can't browse it using IE even on your server. This likely means that you have to set up DNS entries and headers in your CRM website so that you can get to ...

how to have excel repeat a template on each page of each workshee.
i have created a template that i want to have on each page of each worksheet. is there command to make this happen/ You can create a new default template, with your preferred settings: Open a new workbook. Copy your template onto each worksheet Choose Save As From the Save As Type dropdown, choose Template (*.xlt) Name the File "Book.xlt" Save it in the XLStart folder (usually in Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office) When you click the New button on the toolbar, the new workbook will be based on this template. If you want new sheets to be inser...

register transction size
I was trying to enter a transaction into money and accidently changed the size of the boxes that the transactions are stored in. I went from being able to view four or five transactions to being able to view one. Dose anyone know how to fix this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, jdsneed@gmail.com wrote: >I was trying to enter a transaction into money and accidently changed >the size of the boxes that the transactions are stored in. I went from >being able to view four or five transactions to being able to view one. You must have a really small screen. > Dose anyone know h...

need assistance with sorting a list of numbers
I've tried to achieve this problem with formulas and lookups and if statements and conditinal formatting however was not able to achieve desired results, so asking for help since I am not good with XL marcros..if someone can start me up I can navigate myself.. There is a list.. say of numbers and there is a possiblity that numbers will be repeats like: 12345 fail 12345 fail 12345 pass 11111 fail 11111 pass 22222 pass 33333 fail 33333 fail 44444 pass I want to read say A1 (numbers) disregard the repeats and put info A2 beside it 12345 fail fail pass 11111 fail pass 22222 pass 333...

Changing the default page size in visio2002
Hi all, I have set up a template for a series of flowcharts, which includes a foreground page, a background page and a specific stencil. I set the page size to A4 in the page properties (for both foreground and background pages) for the printer paper size and made the drawing "same as printer paper" size. Next time I created a new document from the template, the foreground, background and stencil are as expected, but the page size has returned to 'Letter'. Is there any way to make the default page size 'A4' and make it stick? I would have preferred something like i...

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

Page Bread Bug!!
Hi, I am a fairly experienced user of XL but I still have not found an explanation for this happening... Sometimes a workbook will suddenly switch to a page PER CELL for every worksheet within it (and all other open workbooks as far as I can tell). Has anyone seen this before and know why it happens? Once it happens i can't find anyway of reverting to normal except by closing and not saving (I've tried all the obvious page setup options etc.) Thanks in advance. ...

How to ShellExec IE to the home page?
Howdy, From my win32 C++ app I need to spawn an instance of Internet Explorer (or the default browser, either way is fine) that just opens to the browser's home page. I know how to shellexec a specific http file, but not how to get the default browser to just open to its home page. Another obvious way to skin this cat (that I'm not sure about) is to find a way to know where the iexplorer.exe is located and fire it off with CreateProcess. Is there a documented registry setting that points to either IE or the default browser's exe file? The solution needs to work with all versi...

Set public folder as default address list
Is there a way that I can set a public contact folder as the default address list when composing a message on all of my clients? JBeckett [MCSA] <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I can set a public contact folder as the default > address list when composing a message on all of my clients? This is an Outlook thing. You can change the Outlook Address Book to display whatever you like as its initial view, in the settings in the address book menu, I believe. You don't want to make Outlook do *lookups* first from the public contacts folder, ...

How to start header on second page?
I want the header to start on the second page. Other programs prompt you where to start. Excel doesn't seem to do this. Do I have to write a macro to accomplish this? If so, how do I find out how to do that? IF you mean that you want a constant row to appear on each PRINTED sheet then file>page setup>sheet>rows to appear -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "LLeips" <LLeips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95BADAB4-E7D1-487A-B283-360A3DACC7D4@microsoft.com... > I want the header to start on the second page. Other programs p...

Generate a unique number of list
Hey all, I have a list of number which some is repeated, how can I regenerate a list with unique number. e.g 1 2 1 5 3 5 Expected Result 1 2 5 3 Thanks for any one who can help. -- Terence Chan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Terence Chan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26963 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467164 Hi Terence One way Mark your range of data, Data>Filter>Advanced Filter and Select Unique values only. Copy the data to a new location. Rega...

report footers at bottom of page
How do I position a footer at bottom of page when the number of recods in the details section is variable? -- John John Vincent wrote: >How do I position a footer at bottom of page when the number of recods in the >details section is variable? In general, you can't. There are so many things that may be going on in a report (Can Grow, KeepTogether, the number of details, etc) that it is impossible to figure out if the report footer will fit on the same page or another page. In some restricted scenarios, it may be possible, but your best bet is to figure out ho...

Copy Page Breaks
Is there a way to copy page breaks so you don't have to set the manually on every page? I have a workbook with several similar sheet that I must change the page breaks on as data is added and removed. would like to set the new breaks on the first page manually and the copy it to all others. Thank -- jwleonar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jwleonard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=948 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27650 So you reset all the existing page break...

Page navigation control buttons
My 2000 does not show page navigation control buttons even when I follow directions by that annoying paperclip. ...

Page Break Problem
One user has problems viewing and printing Excel worksheets. Each cell becomes a page in the workbook. When I do a page break preview it shows each cell as a page. The same file opens without trouble on other PC's. Everybody is using Office 2000 Pro. I removed Office and reinstalled but the problem is still there. Ran a virus scan and that came up empty. Hi I would suggest checking the printer driver on the PC. As far as I know, going to Print Preview, or Print, uses the printer driver software, so I'd try that first. Make sure it's the right one and it's the latest dr...

How to get page source from web browser control?
Hi, everyone. I use microsoft web browser control to navigate a web page. Now I want to get the page source, could you show me the code snippet? Thanks in advance. I guess you could try to get the IWebBrowser2::get_Document() that gives you a dispatch pointer. You could QueryInterface for IHTMLDocument. Get the root element and then doa "get_innerHTML()". -Seetharam On Aug 24, 4:21 pm, Seetharam <smi...@gmail.com> wrote: > I guess you could try to get the IWebBrowser2::get_Document() that > gives you a dispatch pointer. You could QueryInterface for > IHTMLDocume...

combo box on a form, I want it to list the maximum number of marks
I have a combo box on a form, I want it to list the maximum number of marks allowed for a task. So in tbltask table I have set the following: Task Name Max Mark Task1 3 Task2 10 So on a form will have the task1 and task2 listed on the it and I want the combo box next to the task to list all of the marks up to and including the maximum mark: e.g. Student Name Task Mark (Combo box would list the following numbers) a Task1 1,2,3 b Task2 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 c Task1 1,2,3 On M...

Problem exporting to web pages
I've a little/big problem with publisher 2000... When i export my document (5 pages) to a folder (saving in web format), all the text is converted in bitmaps... Is there a way to not convert texts to bitmaps? Sorry for my english... You cannot overlap page objects. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k/pub2k_22.htm -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Michele" <game@game.net> wrote in message news:WNLDb.3756$wM.258265@news1.tin.it... > I've a little/big problem with publis...