Page Number Problem It resets to 1 of 1

I have Word 2007, Vista.  I have added a page number (built in format, at
position, x of y) in a header first page (different), it is in a table.  The
page number (x of y) is also in the footer (which is blank on the 'different'
first page).  The footer page number works fine.  If i put the page number in
the rest of the page headers, it works fine.  Problem - the page number in
the first page header automatically updates as pages are added, deleted.
But, when the docx is closed and then reopened it resets the x of y in the
first page header to 1 of 1.  If i click in the header, it updates correctly.

I've been trying different ways to get it to work, none of which have.  But
it used to reset itself (from correct to incorrect) all by itself, as it
would be correct, and then in a few seconds, (not touching anything, keybd,
mouse, nothing) it would just change to 1 of 1.  I have never seen anything
like that one!  But it's not doing this.  I had someone else looking at the
doc i emailed to them, and they saw it too.  I would have said it was
impossible.

--
Thank you.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"c1225" <c1225@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Word 2007, Vista.  I have added a page number (built in format, at
> position, x of y) in a header first page (different), it is in a table.
> The
> page number (x of y) is also in the footer (which is blank on the
> 'different'
> first page).  The footer page number works fine.  If i put the page number
> in
> the rest of the page headers, it works fine.  Problem - the page number in
> the first page header automatically updates as pages are added, deleted.
> But, when the docx is closed and then reopened it resets the x of y in the
> first page header to 1 of 1.  If i click in the header, it updates
> correctly.
>

> I've been trying different ways to get it to work, none of which have.
> But
> it used to reset itself (from correct to incorrect) all by itself, as it
> would be correct, and then in a few seconds, (not touching anything,
> keybd,
> mouse, nothing) it would just change to 1 of 1.  I have never seen
> anything
> like that one!  But it's not doing this.  I had someone else looking at
> the
> doc i emailed to them, and they saw it too.  I would have said it was
> impossible.
>
> --
> Thank you.

0
Suzanne

Uninstalled Word 2004 test drive
I installed the "Test Drive" version of Microsoft Word 2004 on my ibook, G2, 500 mhz, machine. I am running Panther. After trying it for a couple days and becoming very frustrated with the program I followed all directions to remove the program ... I removed only the 2004 version. After uninstalling I could not automatically open any of my word documents. I never "created" any using the test drive, but I can�t open any of my documents created on my Word X version. Trying to open these documents I received an error message: "The operation could not be completed....

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Investment Summary on Home Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C4EF37.6BEB29B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I have had investments that I have sold completely within an = account and purchased other investments. When I go to "My Money" home = page, it will still show the old investment under the "Investment = Summary", "Investment Performance" and "Best and Worst Performance" = sections, along with the new investments. How can I clear out the old = investments from...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

Problems with MFC list controls
I have a large list control with many inventory control items displayed within. When someone single clicks on an item, it displays information about that item in another part of the dialog. I have a three-fold problem, the master list has multiple columns in it, in order to make the selection work properly, only column 0 can be selected, is there a way to make a valid row selection if you select an item using any of the other columns? Second issue is the highlight of the selection. Only column 0 in the list control will highlight, is there a way to make the entire row highlight when an...

Next button problems
I have a next button in a form that I have criteria for. I have a date field that has to be entered before going to another record. When I click the next button I get the pop up that says click update to continue but the form displays the next record instead of staying on the current record that needs updating. Here is the code that I am using. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Command39_Click() If IsNull([Post Called Customer]) Then MsgBox "You must click the UPDATE button to continue!!!" Cancel = True End If On Erro...

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Excel number formatting #2

Summarising per page
Hi all, I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is more than 5 printed pages. What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. I want to do this for any printed page length (i.e. Letter, A4,) or orientation (Portrait, Landscape). Thanks in advance, Regards Nick Hi have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pxmw -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick Karoumpalos wrote: > Hi all, > I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is > more than 5 printed pages. > What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. > ...

Visio Printing Problem
I am trying to print a flowchart. The print view displays the complet flowchart. However, when I print the flowchart, the top half of th flowchart is omitted and the bottom half prints. Any problem solvin recommendations would be appreciated -- jqsandma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jqsandman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=661 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=136719 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i this usually ends up as being "apply available software patches to visio" or &quo...

Cdn Payroll July 1 errors
Since the tax update was installed for July 1 for Canadian Payroll, our Detail Range Reports do not have the proper data. I noticed that CPY30260 has not been updated!!! this is not good. I contacted our vendor to see if this is a known issue. There is a round2 tax update that does not affect our province so I have not installed it. I was waiting for round3 which has not been released yet. Is anyone else aware of this? We have not seen any errors during Update Masters. Our YTD amounts and T4 amounts appear to be correct. thanks. never mind "barbola" wrote: > Since the...

How do I reverse the order of the pages I've written?
I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them in reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this ? At the bottom of your screen are little numbered pages. Pick on them with your mouse and drag them where they need to be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D020743-D49F-4C02-A03C-7D09CB5553A7@microsoft.com... > I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publish...