non-continuous section breaks

I’ve been doing a lot of content removal and rearrangement. When I view
headers/footers in a Word 2007 .docm file, they number from beginning to end
like this: Section 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8.

The fallout from this is the page numbering for section 7 will not continue
from previous section. Is there a way to make the section numbers sequential
again so my page numbers will correct themselves? Also, is this a cautionary
tale about not cutting whole sections and moving them (I have a mix of
landscape and portrait pages).

I’ve never experienced non-sequential section numbering before.

The sections are inarguably sequential (there aren't any missing); it's just
that not every section has an accessible header and footer because some of
them are "continuous" and are in the middle of a page (for example, around
multi-column sections). In order to address page numbering in those
sections, you must be in the respective section; at least Word 2007 makes it
easier to access the Page Number Format dialog from anywhere in a document.

You can use the browse buttons at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar to
Browse by Section. This should allow you to access each section in turn.
Watch the section and page numbers on the status bar, and when you come to a
section where page numbering is restarted, go to Insert | Header and Footer
| Page Number | Format Page Numbers... and select "Continue from previous
section." Repeat as needed until the numbers are sequential throughout the
document.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"cayce" <cayce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I’ve been doing a lot of content removal and rearrangement. When I view
> headers/footers in a Word 2007 .docm file, they number from beginning to
> end
> like this: Section 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8.
>
> The fallout from this is the page numbering for section 7 will not
> continue
> from previous section. Is there a way to make the section numbers
> sequential
> again so my page numbers will correct themselves? Also, is this a
> cautionary
> tale about not cutting whole sections and moving them (I have a mix of
> landscape and portrait pages).
>
> I’ve never experienced non-sequential section numbering before.

0
Suzanne

business section of money y2k
Hi guys Think I was on here last year trying to figure part of this out; got most figured out except for one small part. I need to separate sales that are taxable from the tax exempt ones. On the invoice it can be marked taxable or not but I need the sales completely separated. IOW the vast majority of my sales are tax exempt as they are out of state sales. I must be able to get totals of the taxable & non taxable sales for the sales tax report & payment. I tried to set up sub categories in sales but haven't found how to send the invoice to a subcategory instead of direct...

Textbox fields on continuous forms
How can you have different coloured text in a text box of a continuous form. For example I would like the text to be red if the value is 25% or greater all other value should have black text. The data type is percent with 1 decimal point. Assuming you're working with Access 2000 or later, select the field, goto Format > Conditional Format and set your condition and text format preference. Adgiles wrote: >How can you have different coloured text in a text box of a continuous form. >For example I would like the text to be red if the value is 25% or greater >all other valu...

Quick and easy Non-stock parts
I need to know if anyone has figued out how to track a NS part without setting up the part number in the system? Any help will be appreciated. James James not that I cn think of. Why, what is the issue? HS "James Rodgers" <James Rodgers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1FDBFA0-E9D8-4E81-85F4-64D526549B65@microsoft.com... >I need to know if anyone has figued out how to track a NS part without > setting up the part number in the system? Any help will be appreciated. > > James > > > > HS It just seems that we are spending an ...

Last non-zero
Hi All, Someone gave me this formula years ago and it works great. It gets the value of the last non-zero in a column. Now, I need to turn it around and get the last non-zero value in a row, but I can't figure it out. Here's the old formula: =LOOKUP(9.99E+307,IF(Bank!H9:H65536=0,"",Bank!H9:H65536)) It looked from row H down. Now I need to look from E668 right to get the first non-zero value. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Michele >Now I need to look from E668 right to >get the first non-zero value. You subject line says last non-z...

SMTP using TLS and non-standard port
How do I set up Exchange Server so that messages to a certain domain are sent to a designated smart host using TLS and not using port 25? i.e. all messages to domain COMPANY-NAME.CN must go to host MX.COMPANY-NAME.CN on port 925, be authenticated with a particular username and password and have to issue the STARTTLS command before submitting messages. I am stuck on the exact combination of virtual servers and SMTP connectors required to make this work, my efforts so far have failed. Please help, thanks! Try this: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/04/429090.aspx /Simon &...

Non-stock items
We have approximately 1300 inventory items. We are a distributor and sell mostly items that we don’t stock (Non-stock items) What would be the best way to get these items in the system so they can be selected from a drop down when entering in a Sales Transaction? Also, the modules we run are Purchase Order Processing, Receivables, Payables, Sales Order Processing. One person suggested that I place them as Services? "tstrop" wrote: > We have approximately 1300 inventory items. We are a distributor and sell > mostly items that we don’t stock (Non-stock items) What would ...

CToolTipCtrl pointer or non-pointer member variable
Hello, Like stated in a recent discussion most CWnd derived stuff you should use as non pointer member variables. But how about the CToolTipCtrl? The examples I found on the MSDN pages typically use it via a pointer, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dftahdhz%28VS.90%29.aspx with the object being allocated in the OnInitDialog and deallocated in the constructor. Is there a reason the CToolTipCtrl is not used via a non pointer member variable or would that be the better way? Best regards, Oliver On Apr 23, 9:43=A0am, Oliver Regenfelder <oliver.regenfel......

Track items in non-default Outlook folders
It is important to be able to "Track in CRM" Outlook items from non-default outlook folders. Some users (assistants to managers) have access to the Outlook calendar and Mailbox of the manager in order to schedule appointments and send email on behalf of the manager. They are currently unable to create any CRM outlook items on behalf of the manager as only their own outlook profile (and their default calendar) supports tracking in CRM (in CRM3.0). They do not use CRM appointment and email funcitonality from the CRM forms (outside of Outlook folders) due to the fact that you...

XY Scatter Plot
Hi All! I have been struggling with a problem when plotting data on an XY plot. I have 2 columns of returns data (in % format) running down and I need to plot them on the X-Y Axis. All is great when the data is present and numeric, but my data changes each time I run a new report - I have non-numeric data in some rows (blanks represented by "" from a formula saying something like =if(a1="","",1%) I was able to get around this for a while by creating and plotting a dynamic named range that counts the number of numeric data points in the column and adjusts acc...

problem with Non User Queue ( did not match any records)
background mail enters public folder via email (help@domain.com or Support@domain.com mail gets forwarded via exchange to a user/mailbox called helpdeskservice (helpdeskservice@domain.com) (this needs to be here because other programs use the public folder as well) CRM-Router picks up helpdeskservice@domain.com into queue call helpdeskservice (with email of helpdeskservice@domain.com) via POP3 (this is because the EXCHANGE CRM-Router is broke for winows2008 Exchange 2007 64bit installs) problem here that I get in the logs is when I test from an "outside email" #35241 - The r...

Finding non-existing records, or Nulls in XML
Hi guys! I am getting a bit flustered with XML. Using CR, I am trying to create a report that shows all salesorders that has no associated invoices. Using regular SQL I could do a: Select * from Salesorders where salesorderid NOT in ( select salesorderid from invoices ) Using the CR report wizard I don't know how to achieve this. And looking at the underlying SQL query only shows me XML. :-( Maybe there is a completely different way to do this? Anyone out there with any tips on how I can go about this? Gratefully !Robert Robert, The underlying query is presented in FetchXML fo...

continuous restarting
Hello group, Windows XP machine keeps restarting/rebooting itself. Occasionally it will perform disk check and then proceed to user login screen. At this point any attempt to login begets another restart. Usually the disk check runs ok but occassionally it will mention something close to: " The size of the \documents & settings\Dee\ntuser.dat.Log entry is not valid." Help. I don't know how to proceed. Thanks. -- "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions" - Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) in Pulp Fiction ...

concantenatring 2 cells with with a line break
I have info in 2 cells. I want to add the info from one cell into the other cell but have the info from each cell show up on different lines within the cell In a third cell, put =A1&" "&A2 and format that cell as "Wrap text" Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "dick" <dick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C915AAB6-9B36-45D3-924B-963A2E8DBB6A@microsoft.com... > I have info in 2 cells. I want to add the info from one cell into the other > cell but have the info from each cell show up on different lines within the > cell W...

deleting a non functioning account
I would like to close an account on Money.. yet keep the information available untill he end of the year for tax purposes. How can I move it so this account doesn't show up on my home page. In microsoft.public.money, Lstew wrote: >I would like to close an account on Money.. yet keep the >information available untill he end of the year for tax >purposes. How can I move it so this account doesn't show >up on my home page. From the Account List, right-click the account, and select Account Is Closed. Also un-check Favorite if that is checked. In the Change View on...

Outlook 2003 continuously loses connection to Exchange server
This problem began when I changed to Outlook 2003. The icon in my sys tray intermittently shows a bang with the hover text error message "Connection to your exchange server has been lost". This gets so annoying when trying to read mail and I can't access it for 15-20 seconds. This is on a corporate network and my IM has been useless in debugging this. I never had this problem until I installed Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Do you have Outlook setup to use cached mode? >-----Original Message----- >This problem began when I changed to Outlook 2003. The >icon in m...

How to block IPs that repeatedly send to non-existent addresses?
In looking st several Exchange 2003 servers that I administer, I notice many emails to non-existent mailboxes - from the same IP address. So I wonder: how could one configure Exchange to automatically rejecj/block incoming SMTP traffic from IP addresses that repeatedly send to non-existent e-mail addresses(Exchange mailboxes)? I am thinking some type of setting that says "if more than x undeliverable messages within specified time period from the same IP, then block that IP for specified time period..." In my case, that alone would eliminate 90% of all SPAM... Maybe this is some...

Essai non r�ussi d'envoyer un fichier vocal � un correspondant
Bonjour, J'ai essay� sans succ�s d'envoyer un message vocal (apr�s avoir coch� dans Outils/R�f�rences de VBA Microsoft Speech ..., et �crit les donn�es ad�quates dans un bouton VBA sur une feuille Excel). Le message vocal, envoy� en fichier-joint Excel, fonctionne bien sur mon ordinateur, mais pas sur celui de mon correspondant. Que dois-je faire ou que doit-il faire ? D'avance merci, Jean-michel ...

Non-clustered index design rules...
Hi, Are there any general rules of thumb when it comes to designing non- clustered indexes? For instance, given an example table like the following: CREATE TABLE dbo.table1 ( table1_id INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, customer_id INT NOT NULL, file_date DATETIME NOT NULL, customer_name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, industry_code CHAR(3) NOT NULL, country VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL -- Other fields etc... ); ALTER TABLE dbo.table1 ADD CONSTRAINT pk_table1 PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (table1_id); And the following query between the table above and another ta...

Which newsgroup is suitable for the "outlook" section of Office?
"dev" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote in message news:uZ42QOQ7EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > microsoft.public.outlook microsoft.public.outlook.general or whatever microsoft.public.outlook.* group is appropriate for whatever question you want to ask. You weren't specific so I cannot be specific. -- ____________________________________________________________ *** Post your replies to the newsgroup. Share with others. *** For e-mail, you must append "#NEWS#" to the Subject. ____________________________________________________________ ...

problem invoke an MFC callback function from Non MFC app
Hi i am having problem invoking an mfc callback function from a non mfc dll. any samples that I can look at? What is happening is when I call function (not callbacks) in this MFC dll from my non MFC app it works fine. But when i try to invoke the callbacks nothing seems to happen. It doesn't fail/not exception. When i cut and paste the same code into an MFC app (ie; call the mfc dll from and MFC app) the callbacks get invoked without any problem. Now my question is do i need to do something different as i am calling it from a non mfc app?like a message map? if so how do i do that? T...

Re: XP style controls in non-unicode app
I found that if I add the following lines near the bottom of my stdafx.h file I get the new XP style controls in my MFC app: #if defined _M_IX86 #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"") #elif defined _M_IA64 #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArc...

People continue impersonating me, why?
I am not sure who is who anymore. I am Jennifer in reality, but some continue to believe I was a Marked Man. Kevin Panzke, for example, still believes I am who he thinks. Which I am not. There are two people named "Mark". One who posted a year ago is gone, and is totally unrelated to Jennie. That's because the name of Mark is so convenient. There are a bunch of others who posted under last names ending on Polish "ski". BUT for Christs's sake IT WAS NOT ME :) If anyone doesnt not believe my assertions, may Christ Save You All. Jen Lindway Phill...

"Detaching" a non-modal dialog from it's parent main frame
Hi, I need to "detach" a non-modal dialog within an MFC MDI-application from the mainframe. This means, it should no more activate the mainframe when it is beeing activated. Using SetWindowPos() with hWndInsertAfte = wndTopMost almost works (I can see the dialog on top of another application where effects of the dialog become visible) but when clicking on the dialog the it's mainframe is activated again. I once got the desired behavior (also with an own entry for the dialog in the task-bar) by setting the parent of the Dialog to NULL but it also should be toggable and cal...

how to work with non adjacent cells in Excel
What would you be doing with the non-adjacent cells? I could sum like =A1 + G1 Or any number of similar functions. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:36:00 -0700, weath_erhead <weatherhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Extrapolation of x value from the trendline of a non-linear graph
Hi I was wondering if it is possible to extrapolate the x value from a given y value on a scatterplot graph? I would like to extrapolate the value from the trendline produced using the 'moving average' trendline. The trendline is sigmoidal shaped This trendline doesn't let me produce an equation so I can't figure out the x value that way If I can't find the x value of the trendline, even the line formed by the data points would be good Thanks in advance for your help When you use the Moving Average feature you are not really making a trend line but just plotting the a...