modifying text within word 2007 document

Okay, here is what I am trying to do in Word 2007.
I have finished writing a large amount of text with minimal formatting (page
numbers and caps and fonts, spacing, etc).
I would like to accomplish the following: I want to select all this text and
have numbered lines appear to the left (far left margin) as, say, an archaic
legal deposition might retain. I do not want to disturb the text formatting
(font, spacing, etc.). I used to do this task quite easily in Word Perfect
yet I cannot find this feature with Word. All help is greatly appreciated.

Okay I think I {self} discovered the answer. The method is to click on in the
Word 7 document, Page Layout > line numbers  > and then select continuous.
This seemed to work.

"MeMoiMatt" wrote:

> Okay, here is what I am trying to do in Word 2007.
> I have finished writing a large amount of text with minimal formatting (page
> numbers and caps and fonts, spacing, etc).
> I would like to accomplish the following: I want to select all this text and
> have numbered lines appear to the left (far left margin) as, say, an archaic
> legal deposition might retain. I do not want to disturb the text formatting
> (font, spacing, etc.). I used to do this task quite easily in Word Perfect
> yet I cannot find this feature with Word. All help is greatly appreciated.

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

opening a .docx with word 2004

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

parameter for text

compact database in VBA access 2007

date modified

Using INDIRECT within functions

Macro

MS Access 2007 code not running

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...