Microsoft Word 2007

I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the original
settings."
When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is at
1.5
The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My older
documents are fine with all of the original settings.
Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
Word 2007.
I need Help.
--
cc

If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
template to install defaults.

If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
enter or copy
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> original
> settings."
> When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> at
> 1.5
> The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> older
> documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> Word 2007.
> I need Help.
> --
> cc

0
Graham
6/4/2010 6:56:28 AM
I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
--
cc

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> template to install defaults.
>
> If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> enter or copy
> %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > original
> > settings."
> > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > at
> > 1.5
> > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > older
> > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > Word 2007.
> > I need Help.
> > --
> > cc
>

> .

I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the template
was back to the default setting. Voila.
It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
--
cc

"cc" wrote:

> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
> --
> cc
>

> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> > template to install defaults.
> >
> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> > enter or copy
> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
> >

> > --
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >
> > My web site www.gmayor.com
> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >

> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > > original
> > > settings."
> > > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > > at
> > > 1.5
> > > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > > older
> > > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > > Word 2007.
> > > I need Help.
> > > --
> > > cc
> >

> > .

It is not a 'website' but a normally hidden folder on your hard drive - but
I see that you figured it out.
When you insert that address in the title bar and press enter, the full path
is then translated in the address bar for your PC.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

>I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
> normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the
> template
> was back to the default setting. Voila.
> It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
> --
> cc
>

> "cc" wrote:
>
>> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the
>> "normal"
>> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it
>> says
>> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I
>> cannot
>> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?
>> where
>> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
>> --
>> cc
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>>
>> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the
>> > cock-up,
>> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
>> > template to install defaults.
>> >
>> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have
>> > not)
>> > enter or copy
>> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
>> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer
>> > (not
>> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
>> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>> >

>> > --
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>> >
>> > My web site www.gmayor.com
>> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> >

>> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > .

0
Graham

where to find doc. for Microsoft defined types
Is there a place where all the Microsoft data type definitions can be found (e.g. BOOL, Hwnd, UINT , etc. etc. . . .)? without having to hunt through all the .h files? My most recent snag: in a dialog box, I have class wizard define a member value variable for a checkbox, which shows up as a BOOL. In my code, I stored it in a variable defined as bool. Of course, this gives a warning, so I change mine to BOOL and everythings ok. But I would really like to know what BOOL is - so far, I haven't found it, but there are so many .h files ....... TIA for any guidance. ...

running a Macro in 2007 which was created in 2003
Hi there, I hope you can help, I am not VB literate unfortunately but I am trying to run a macro with the following line of code which creates an error: LastRow = Master_Wksht.Range("N" & Rows.Count).End(xlup).Row Is there a change between versions which means this line won't work any more? Simon, That line is fine in E2007 provided you have 'SET' Master_Wksht but if you hadn't done that it wouldn't have run in earlier versions of Excel Set Master_Wksht = Sheets("Sheet1") What have you dimmed LastRow as it should be long. ...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additiona...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table
I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the decimal point in a PowerPoint table. How do I select the full column and align to the decimals? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but it's still not there. Frustrating. You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the text in each cell as necessary. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT ...

Messages with accentuated words
I'm using the English version of Outlook 2003 with MS Word as my e.mail editor. I also have MS Proofing Tools installed. My problem is that I receive messages in several languages that use accents (French, Spanish and Portuguese mainly). I usually don't have troubles reading them, but the messages from certain senders never have accents. Instead, the accentuated word is replace by a seemingly non-related letter. However, when I view the message source, the text shows up correctly with all accents. This seems to be a sender-specif problem, because I always have this problem wi...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Take a look at the important update from the Microsoft Corporation
--emiqbvbiclcqkp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yifoawvdossxi"; type="multipart/alternative" --yifoawvdossxi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jcntgvofppoyqzlc" --jcntgvofppoyqzlc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Word vs. Publisher
I routinely work in Publisher to produce a monthly report. The end product is great, but I was considering a more user-friendly program to produce the report in, such as Word, to make it easier on my colleagues in my absence. Training someone new on Publisher or obtaining Word 2007 is not possible at this time; limited resurces preclude these options. Any ideas how I can make optimal use of Word 2003 to produe a report as rich as I can with Publisher, with a minimum of "moving parts" (making it easy for anyone on staff to use with a minimum training curve)? Thanks Without k...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Activating Trial Visio 2007
Unabale to activate a successfully downloaded trial version of Visio 2007. Keep getting the message now for 3 days running; "A communication error has occured. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes". There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I cannot get to talk to any Microsoft Technician as the phone no given does not connect. I do not even have the option of activating by phone being a trial version. Can anyone help? -- Ekeneoma ------=_NextPart_0001_2DA4BC8A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I...

2007: How to show ribbon in XLS sheets opened with Internet Explor
Our company has the Browse in Same Window flag on for the XLS and DOC file types. This is needed for these documents to work inside of our own application. When opening a Word Doc it shows the ribbon within IE and you can make all your changes and stuff. But when you open and Excel Sheet within IE, it only shows the spreadsheet and the formula bar. There is no ribbon. If you look closely I was able to see the ribbon show for a split second but then dissapear. Also, if you try and do Alt+F to get the ribbon, IE takes it over, so that alternative is out. Is there a way to enable the ribbo...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

Email reports in 2007
access 2007 on WinXP After reading through numerous posts in this forum, I settled on what appeared to be the closest solution to my issue. The code below is included as the action to perform from a switchboard command button-- it is one continous line. DoCmd.SendObject acReport,"rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing*", acFormatRTF,"ContactNumber",,,"test confirmation",,True Upon executing I immediately get a "error executing command" error message. I have a working report named rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing which is based on a query nam...

How to import OE messages into Outlook 2007
I have a computer with Windows 7. I have a ton of important emails archived to an external hard drive that I would like to import into Outlook 2007. I copied and pasted the .dbx files to a folder on the desktop. However, when I use the import function, I don't know how to get Outlook to point to the files. I have a feeling this can't be done with Windows 7. If it can, please give instructions. If not, is there a way around this? Thanks in advance. "sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:A309D94B-DA35-48D9-99BA-889D0FD59022@microsoft....

I cannot select any text or elements on my page in Publisher 2007
When trying to select text elements and graphic elements on a page of a multi page document, I am unable to select anything although I have been editing the document previously. Can the file be locked in any way You may have a border around the pages that sits in front preventing your selecting the objects. You can send the border to the back. Open the "Graphics Manager" in the Tools menu. Use the drop down to select the pictures. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bluesea124" <Bluesea124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE9B5A-D171-40B9...

Exhange 2007 UM comparison
Hello all currently we use a product called Televantage for our UM needs. I like the new UM that is now part of Exchange 2007, but i dont know how it stacks up agints Televantage. Below is a quote from a Televantage rep. Please let me know if you agree with this and any comments anyone has that has experience with Exchaneg UM "Microsoft obviously sees the value in the Telecom space and is making an effort to get into the game. Outside of this article they are releasing a Media Server that will provide Presence Management. They have been talking about this at the VoIP shows for ...

Using publisher 2007, how do I reformat a PUB flyer to jpg format
I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA File, save as, Files of type, scroll down to the .jpg options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gil Rosoff" <Gil Rosoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B70E8398-1BD2-44A2-AF3E-20DB8D7A646C@microsoft.com... >I just started using PUB 2007 and have this question -- pls help. > Mny thx, Gil Rosoff, San Mateo, CA Why use a .jpg? Why not a .pdf? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dum...