Microsoft Word 2007

I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the original
settings."
When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is at
1.5
The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My older
documents are fine with all of the original settings.
Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
Word 2007.
I need Help.
--
cc

If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
template to install defaults.

If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
enter or copy
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> original
> settings."
> When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> at
> 1.5
> The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> older
> documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> Word 2007.
> I need Help.
> --
> cc

0
Graham
6/4/2010 6:56:28 AM
I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
--
cc

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> template to install defaults.
>
> If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> enter or copy
> %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > original
> > settings."
> > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > at
> > 1.5
> > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > older
> > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > Word 2007.
> > I need Help.
> > --
> > cc
>

> .

I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the template
was back to the default setting. Voila.
It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
--
cc

"cc" wrote:

> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
> --
> cc
>

> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> > template to install defaults.
> >
> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> > enter or copy
> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
> >

> > --
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >
> > My web site www.gmayor.com
> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >

> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > > original
> > > settings."
> > > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > > at
> > > 1.5
> > > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > > older
> > > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > > Word 2007.
> > > I need Help.
> > > --
> > > cc
> >

> > .

It is not a 'website' but a normally hidden folder on your hard drive - but
I see that you figured it out.
When you insert that address in the title bar and press enter, the full path
is then translated in the address bar for your PC.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

>I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
> normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the
> template
> was back to the default setting. Voila.
> It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
> --
> cc
>

> "cc" wrote:
>
>> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the
>> "normal"
>> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it
>> says
>> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I
>> cannot
>> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?
>> where
>> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
>> --
>> cc
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>>
>> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the
>> > cock-up,
>> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
>> > template to install defaults.
>> >
>> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have
>> > not)
>> > enter or copy
>> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
>> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer
>> > (not
>> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
>> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>> >

>> > --
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>> >
>> > My web site www.gmayor.com
>> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> >

>> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > .

0
Graham

2003 to 2007
My understanding is that if I upgrade a 2003 format .mdb to 2007 all security settings will be gone. Can someone elaborate on just what that means? I presume no login, no workgroup. How about database password? I am presuming therefore that security is dealt with through the GUI - e.g. forms would determine that the info in a table would be read only or the GUI would not include links to certain features. But let's say that the person just shuts down the switchboard form and leaps into tables. and gets what they want that way. I need a little more info. Does it mean that a fr...

Microsoft Outlook Web Access?
Does anyone know how I can transfer emails from Microsoft Outlook Web Access to my Macintosh computer or gmail account? On Jun 9, 1:31 pm, redmondroys...@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know how I can transfer emails from Microsoft Outlook Web > Access to my Macintosh computer or gmail account? MIcrosoft web access is logged onto on the internet. In article <1181410281.160397.180740@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, redmondroyston@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know how I can transfer emails from Microsoft Outlook Web > Access to my Macintosh computer or gmail account? Mi...

Word as editor in Outlook
Hi, I was using Word as editor in Outlook. After I installed Norton Internet Security, 'Word as editor in Outlook' does not work, comes back with a message - "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Wod is either busy or can not be found. This form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I would appreciate if anyone has found a solution to this. Thanks. There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284900 http://support.microsoft....

"Microsoft Windows Component Publisher"
When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft Windows Verification Intermediate PCA". Do these outfits represent Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware? It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system and service pack information (e.g. Windows XP SP2, Vista SP1) and your browser with version number (e.g. IE7) . "Jack Waugh" wrote: > When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software comp...

Windows 7 64bit, Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Email attachment issue
Windows 7 64bit, Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Email attachment issues. When I try to attach a word document to an email I get the error: Word has encountered a problem. There is a problem saving the file. Usually this is because the disk or floppy disk is too small for the file oris full, Ram memory is low, or there is a permission prblem witht he drive the file is being saved to. I can just close the error message and keep working and everything works fine, but it will come up everytime I attach a Word Document. I have tried the following to fix this with no success: 1) Mad...

Microsoft Money 2008 Product Life Cycle
I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates today, September 3, 2008. I then decided to download Microsoft Money Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a backup CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product was only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information on the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be cancelled as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life cyc...

Import into Word
We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like to import this into Word to use as a template. Can anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much, z In Publisher, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to whatever image format you have in mind. When you import the image into Word use the graphics tools to crop or if you have saved it as a .wmf, you can ungroup it in Word and delete all the unnecessary background. Can you select the letterhead and copy/paste into Word? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

Outlook 2007 assigning tasks
I have assigned a task to another user which allows them access to my outlook, however, now that the task is complete how to un-allow them access to my outlook. I have removed them from from the "permissions" tab but they are still able to access my outlook. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks ...

When trying to load microsoft Outlook error message saying: unabl.
djchampkin <djchampkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Is there a question here somewhere? -- Brian Tillman Sorry sent twice. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > djchampkin <djchampkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > Is there a question here somewhere? > -- > Brian Tillman > ...

You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel This error message comes up when trying to load on the 12.0.1 upgrade. "You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I have tried re-installing 2008 again and also all the other recommendations offered by Microsoft, but to no avail. Any ideas? It sounds to me like you don't yet have the 2.1.1 update to AutoUpdate which is required to install the Office 12.0.1 update. Download & ...

Hyperlink Restrictions in Outlook 2007
When I receive an email in Outlook 07 and click on it I get an error message to the effect that clicking on hyperlinks in my emails is restricted and that I should contact my administrator. There is no administrator except me, but I can't find where this restriction is set so I can undue it. Anybody got an answer on this: Sue Tonius wrote: > When I receive an email in Outlook 07 and click on it I get an error > message to the effect that clicking on hyperlinks in my emails is > restricted and that I should contact my administrator. > > There is no administrator exc...

Access 2007 Ribbon Programming
Hi All, Sorry if my previous posting's sounded like a reason to vent my frustration, but to put things straight I like the Ribbon concept and as a person that likes to talk to other knowlegable people including Access MVP's with which I believe I have complimentary experience (29 years in software development of all types from Assembler to Cobol to Fortran to Pascal on various O/S's and Windows C, C++, SQL Windows, Borland Delphi & C++, all Oracle products before 2000, all Microsoft Office products since 1990 including Access since 1.00 both mdb's and adp's, a...

Warning apper during installation of Microsoft CRM Client for Outl
Hello, when I try the installation of Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook 1.2, the follow alert message appears: "Setup was enable to find an istance of Microsoft CRM Server components" The user is a member of local administrator's group (request of installation), and it's also member of Active Directory of CRM's domain. I do not understand why this alert appears... After this message, installation fails. Any idea? Thanks. Max The message suggests that the crm server cannot be found - did you specific the correct name of the crm server in the install wizard? Is th...

Appending Word Docs
I have created a number of how-to docs in Word (Word 8 for Mac) on how to use the database that we use (for distribution to the database users). Each doc has a header with the company logo on the left of the header and the title of the doc to the right of the logo. All docs are the same size in terms of margins. I would like to create one doc containing all the individuals docs that I have created - but with one catch. I want the header of the individual docs to remain when they become appended to the master document. Is this possible? Or are there alternative solutions? You...

Unable to update a change of stock symbol in Money 2007
I have shares of American Eagle Outfitters, which until recently traded under AEOS on NASDAQ. However, it just moved to NYSE, and the new symbol is AEO. When I try to go toAEOS' "Investment Details" in my portfolio and change to the new ticker symbol, I get the following eror message: "AEO is already being used as a name or symbol for another investment. Please enter a different choice." I looked all over my portfolio for share of AEO, but I can't find them...what gives? In microsoft.public.money, spaz_pop wrote: >I have shares of American Eagle Outfi...

Links slow in 2007
When double clicking on a cell that is linked to another workbook, instead of opening that workbook and going directly to the requisite cell, there is a long pause and the workbook slowly opens but stays flashing orange. I then have to guess when it has fully opened and then double click again before it will go to the requisite cell. In 2003 this worked perfectly. Is the problem something to do with the workbooks having been originally created in 2003 and is there any way to rectify this annoying decrease in efficiency? Many thanks ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
hello, this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it failed. now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work. i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below saying it was not installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86-- i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful i have windows xp pro sp3 installed. i have no clue what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated...

Avery templates not available in Publisher 2007
My Avery template 8871 for business cards worked perfectly in Publisher 2003 but they are not available in 2007. Why did they leave them out? I contacted Avery and they said it was up to Microsoft to include the link to their templates. All business cards from Avery are the same, use any card in the Avery US Letter menu. They all print 10 up. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:497476DD-5609-48A2-BF94-45F0301FCA1C@microsoft.com... >...

Microsoft CRM Data Migration FrameWork
Hi, I've installed the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework on a MS-CRM 3.0 server. All seems okay, but when I run it, it shows me an exception: Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.Shell.exe - Common Language Runtime Debudgging Services Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x10c (268), Thread id=0xf24 (3876). Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application. Please help - what to do? what to install etc. I'm getting the exact same error. Is anyone aware of a solution? "Thomas Nielsen" wrote: > Hi, &...

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

MSPS 2007 Ent Text Fields vs. Outline Codes
In 2003, there was a big difference between using Ent Text Fields vs Ent Outline Codes. Outline codes allowd a Hierarchy setup of the values, acted as the dimensions to the OLAP cube, and allowed us to group by in when i hit the Open button in MS Project. Now, in 2007, is there a difference between the two. it seems like Ent Text Fields are as Powerfull as Outline Codes. is there any difference between the two? thanks, Hadi There is no concept of enterprise outline codes in PS2007. All the functionality exists in Enterprise Custom Fields. Jonathan "Hadi" &l...

Microsoft promises fix for Office 2008 installation issues
<http://www.macworld.com/article/131822/2008/01/office2008issues.html?lsr c=mwweek? A pair of installation-related problems involving the new release of Microsoft�s Office 2008 won�t cause damage to your data or prevent the productivity suite from running. But the issues, discovered by a user, pose potential security and administrative headaches. Microsoft is vowing fixes for both. In article <arkayREMOVE-F1BAAF.09010228012008@news.houston.sbcglobal.net>, aRKay <arkayREMOVE@qsl.net> wrote: > <http://www.macworld.com/article/131822/2008/01/office2008issues.html?lsr...

Features of microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
Hi, I am a Project manager of one of the construction company. My project is run on different country. I find difficulties to communicate with my client because of time zone. I want to more flexibility in my project. I heard a Microsoft tool called Office Communicator 2007 R2 that will help in this type of issue. I am using MS word, MS excel, MS project frequently in mu project. Please help. -- MILFORD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MILFORD's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161865.htm View this thread: http://forums....

Instalating Office 2007 Enterprise
Hi, I have a Windows XP SP3 Portuguese and when I am not suceeding in install my Office Enterprise 2007 Home Use Program (official version in Portuguese). When I insert the CD at the disk driver, nothing happened. When I click on SETUP.EXE, an error msg says "SETUP.EXE is not a W32 valid application" (of course in Portuguese). In the Event Viewer (Application) there is: Product: Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 -- Error 1713. Setup cannot install one of the required products for Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007". Plase, could you help me? Regards Rick Contact t...

Word prints Excel does not!
Hello all, I am running Office 2007 on Win 7 Home Premium. My printer is an HP officejet 8400 wireless all in one Printer is connected wirelessly When I print from any office application it performs faultlessly, when I try to print from Excel I get the 'printer is out of memory' etc warning box with troubleshooting tips. Rebooted - MS diagnostics - sharing - safe mode Tried them all to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas, pulling out my hair here... ...