Microsoft Word 2007

I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the original
settings."
When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is at
1.5
The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My older
documents are fine with all of the original settings.
Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
Word 2007.
I need Help.
--
cc

If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
template to install defaults.

If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
enter or copy
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> original
> settings."
> When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> at
> 1.5
> The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> older
> documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> Word 2007.
> I need Help.
> --
> cc

0
Graham
6/4/2010 6:56:28 AM
I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
--
cc

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> template to install defaults.
>
> If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> enter or copy
> %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > original
> > settings."
> > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > at
> > 1.5
> > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > older
> > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > Word 2007.
> > I need Help.
> > --
> > cc
>

> .

I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the template
was back to the default setting. Voila.
It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
--
cc

"cc" wrote:

> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
> --
> cc
>

> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> > template to install defaults.
> >
> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> > enter or copy
> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
> >

> > --
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >
> > My web site www.gmayor.com
> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >

> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > > original
> > > settings."
> > > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > > at
> > > 1.5
> > > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > > older
> > > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > > Word 2007.
> > > I need Help.
> > > --
> > > cc
> >

> > .

It is not a 'website' but a normally hidden folder on your hard drive - but
I see that you figured it out.
When you insert that address in the title bar and press enter, the full path
is then translated in the address bar for your PC.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

>I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
> normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the
> template
> was back to the default setting. Voila.
> It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
> --
> cc
>

> "cc" wrote:
>
>> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the
>> "normal"
>> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it
>> says
>> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I
>> cannot
>> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?
>> where
>> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
>> --
>> cc
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>>
>> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the
>> > cock-up,
>> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
>> > template to install defaults.
>> >
>> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have
>> > not)
>> > enter or copy
>> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
>> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer
>> > (not
>> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
>> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>> >

>> > --
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>> >
>> > My web site www.gmayor.com
>> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> >

>> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > .

0
Graham

Outllook 2007 error message
Why would outlook cease to send emails with error message reading "system undeliverable message 505", an ideas? "Helen" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:eMcNletsKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why would outlook cease to send emails with error message reading > "system undeliverable message 505", an ideas? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access Try asking in an Outlook discussion group. This group supports the Microsoft relational database product, Access. Try this to find an Outlook group:...

I want to send to junk
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am a member of a club with several thousand members. I want to be able to automatically junk all incoming mail that does = *not* contain one of many key words. =20 When a member sends an email they will be required to insert their = chapter name in the subject line. Our spam filter does not eliminate = all junk mail. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Incorrect Office Updates in Microsoft Update
Hello I recently did clean installs of XP and Win7 on 2 different PCs. Each PC was loaded with Office 2007. When I ran Microsoft Update after the Office installs, it shows I needed Office 2007 SP1, not SP2. I manually downloaded and installed Office 2007 SP2 and then checked Windows Updates for any needed patches. It still showed I needed Office 2007 SP1...even though I just installed SP2. Does anyone know how to 1) have Office SP2 show up as a needed update instead of SP1, and 2) how to configure Windows Update to show that no SP is needed after SP2 is installed? th...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

CreateDatabase / Access 2007
Hi all, Question: Can Access 2007 be forced to create an Access 2000 database when using CreateDatabase? I have a "utility" database that I distribute in version 2000 to users which is used to extract data from their main database (also version 2000) and which then creates and dumps this data into a new database ("Homedata.mdb"). This new database can then be zipped up, emailed, and uploaded into our central database. The basic procedure is: Data is extracted from the user's main database; placed in tables within the "utility" database; "H...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

On Amazon.com, Outlook 2007 says "compatible with XP, Vista"..
I have Office Home & Student Edition and want to just buy Outlook online from somewhere like Amazon. It is listed as being compatible with XP and Vista but I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Will it work with Windows 7? Yes, it will work just fine on Win7. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

Check correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--jgfiyombh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kgqnlddpakhbjo"; type="multipart/alternative" --kgqnlddpakhbjo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pdizbrrdstws" --pdizbrrdstws Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

what is the name of a sub form download from microsoft website
i need to add a sub form to a form created in access. i tried to start the wizard but the feature is not currently installed. i try to install but it is looking for a disk for me to insert. i do not have a disk to insert. can i go to microsoft website and download the sub form feature for access? if yes, what is the name of the download. Are you sure it is not installed? Open your main form in design view. Click the Toolbox button in the menu at the top. There are two buttons at the top of the Toolbox, an Arrow and a wand. Is the Wand highlighted. If not, click on it then click on th...

Junk "Microsoft" emails - Possible Partial Solution
Like a lot of people on these forums, I've been bombarded with virused / junk email from "Microsoft" , "MS" etc. I can telnet to my www provider and use Pine set up a rule to delete all emails where the sender is "Microsoft", and this would help a lot. The problem is the "Deleting" is not the same in Pine as "Expunging", so, in the end, my Outlook winds up downloading the Deleted messages. The tech support there does not have an answer for this one. Is there a way in Pine to set up a rule to "Expunge" rather than "Delete&...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Nested Styles in Word 2003?
Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this type of style with Adobe InDesign but haven't found a way to make it work in Word. It's not a big issue for me as I have used character formatting over the Body Text style where appropriate but I am curious. Word can do this, but not with "nested styles" (there is no such concept in Word). Instead, there is a way to apply a style to only part of a paragraph. See http://...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...