Microsoft Office and Stunent 2007

I have used Microsoft Office & Student for 3 years, recently I must have done
something that changed the settings on the main/blank page of word.
I now have the page numbers not at the right, left or centre and the tabs
are totally off.
Is there a way I can rest this function? My previous documents are OK
however the new ones are all off. Help
--
cc

The issue, which is a bit hard to understand from your message, will
probably be overcome if your follow the instructions in the article "Why is
my "Blank Document" not blank?” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have used Microsoft Office & Student for 3 years, recently I must have
> done
> something that changed the settings on the main/blank page of word.
> I now have the page numbers not at the right, left or centre and the tabs
> are totally off.
> Is there a way I can rest this function? My previous documents are OK
> however the new ones are all off. Help
> --
> cc

0
Doug

Default Folder Word 2007
With Word 2007 - whenever you select 'open' it always starts you off at the default menu, which is really inconvenient. Previous versions of Word would start you off in the folder you last activated. How do you overcome this? Also, I thought 'recent places' would overcome this issue, however this just shows you the folders and doesn't allow you to access them and comments 'this file could not be found'?!? Within the same Word session, the Open dialog box will display the most recently used folder. Note that you can "pin" documents to th...

Printing with Outlook 2007
Greeting, Has anyone had the problem trying to print one page out of five from a message in Outlook 2007? To what I have found on the net and forums are people saying to use a 3rd party software called "Blueprint" from www.savvisoft.com But this is a silly option if Microsoft has always had this function. But anyway if there is any opinion or other solution please inform me. Seriously this is something that we (and not only us) do to not waste on paper and more. Thanks. "Johnny Barradas" <cyber-guy@netmadeira.com> wrote in message news:OAQqDgmYIHA.5900@TK2M...

Outlook 2007 file sync goes on and on.
I've been using outlook 2007 for aprox. 2 weeks and it now starts a file sync. process none stop. The only way I can get it to stop running the hard drive is to shut the program down. HELP!! Do you have an Exchange Server? If so how are you connecting to it? (via VPN? RPC over HTTP? Locally across the LAN?) How big is your mailbox? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "gands111" <gands111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8955C793-FFBC-46F8-B55E-70EC8A3ED3C...

Excel 2007
Hello, I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1 page tall". I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this should be a default setup for any new documents? Thanks in advance, Dza "dza7" <dvpetta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b2f6bbd5-7137-4b07-ae47-be23dc606ba3@b9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to make so that whenever I create a...

opening Word 2004 doc with Word 2007
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC If I create a document in Word 2004 for the Mac on a PC that has Word for Windows 2007? If that's possible, how? I'm having problems. Thanks. > If I create a document in Word 2004 for the Mac on a PC that has Word for Windows 2007? If that's possible, how? I'm having problems. Thanks. I made a mistake when I posted this question. Here is what I meant to ask: If I create a document, on a Mac, using Word 2004, can I then open up that document on a PC that has Word for Windows 2007? ...

How to add an attribute to a Content Control in Word 2007
Hi, I would like to add one or more attribute to RTF Content Controls in Word 2007. I can't and I don't want (or need) to map my RTF Content Controls to a Custom XML Part. How can I do? I need those attribute for some text manipulations inside Word via VBA. Maybe I could use the TAG propriety and use it as an attribute but it doesn't seem very nice. > I can't and I don't want (or need) to map my RTF Content Controls to a > Custom XML Part. I guess you could do it this way in theory, but if it isn't an opt...

outlook 2007 Imap folder not downloading messages #2
I have 13 folders in my imap account. One folder stopped downloading messages. It shows 6 unread messages on the folder name, but there are no unread messages to be seen. Sometime last week, it just stopped downloading messages for this folder. I ran Scanpst across the pst file, but no problems were found. I tried resetting the views, but still no unread messages. This happened before and I had to redownload all messages - but I have 1 gig of email in my entire mailbox, I can't keep re-downloading email every 3 weeks. I think part of the problem is that I have a very slow internet c...

Auto updating muiltiple spreadsheets in Excel 2007
I have 50 spreadsheets which calculate aging on past due invoices. I use the =now and =today functions to determine which accounts are past due. I created a master sheet which pulls this information and displays it at a glance. The problem is: the dates don't update on the 50 seperate sheets unless the sheet is opened (and then closed). Is there a way to update the sheets without having to open them all or how would I create a macro that opens them and then closes them? Thank you very much for your help! .... Your input is sorely needed Bob See http://www.ron...

Office 2010 languages
Is there any information on the time period in wich Office 2010 Language Packs will become available and when can I expect the release of Multi-Language Pack for Office 2010. I realize that there are no exact dates, however any basic information woud be helpful. It is important for my line of work, since Office 2007 Language Packs are not upgradable like the suits. That information would have to come from Microsoft, not a public newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "nejc" <...

Multiple user profiles in MS Office Outlook
Can I configure multiple user proflies in MS Office Outlook and choose any user at the time of log in ? Yes, see this page for assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Anirban Ray <anirban@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Can I configure multiple user proflies in MS Office | Outlook and choose any user at the time of...

Office Publisher
I can see my photo along the clipart and font on print preview and on the print screen but it doesn't print, how can I get it to print? "DoodleBug" wrote: > I can see my photo along the clipart and font on print preview and on the > print screen but the photo doesn't print, how can I get it to print? Look at the Advanced print settings options on the print page, be certain you have Print full-resolution linked graphics enabled. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "DoodleBug" <DoodleBug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Disable the forward mail function when user is out of the office.
Hi all Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only allow user type the message on "AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text" and disallow add any rule. Is it possiable ? Thanks you for your help. Thanks Philip Philip Tsang wrote: > Hi all > > Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in > "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only > all...

Outlook 2007 Calendar Event Colors
Just upgraded to Office 2007. My events had some different colors to them to show if they have me marked as Free or Busy. I don't see this in 2007. "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7CDAD9E-BCDE-4F74-AA58-AB0FD0660362@microsoft.com... > Just upgraded to Office 2007. My events had some different colors to them > to > show if they have me marked as Free or Busy. I don't see this in 2007. In Outlook version before 2007, free/busy settings did not control the color, either. The label you assigned contorlled the...

correct sql settings for ms office 2007
Having a serious problem with Outlook 2007 functionality. I believe the instances of SQL somehow are not configured correctly. Either they are "Disabled" or "Stopped" where they occur in the Services section in "Manage Computer" when I go into that area. Could someone please tell me what the proper settings are for this aspect of Office 2007? When I try to Send and Receive email I get the message "Could not complete the operation. One of more parameter values are not valid". SQL has nothing to do with Outlook 2007, unless you have Busines...

Excel 2007 chart 01-10-10
I have a spreadsheet with data in col b starting at row 1 and continuing down to row 10. I want to have a chart depict the values in row 1 to 100 as I will be adding data as time goes by. The trouble that I am having is that although there is NO DATA in row 12 to 100 the chart shows ZERO. I would like the chart to show NOTHING in that area until data has been added Thanks Exclude that area from your chart so in EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- - right click on your chart Select Data In here just change the underlying data so that it only places into your chart ...

are microsoft Money 2005 files backward compatible with 2004?
I had a disk crash but I had a backup. When I restored my files to the new disk, I could not find the original money disk and of course it wouldn't run without being 'installed'. I found a copy of 2004 at a discount. Will 2004 read the 2005 files? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C6F242.051FC7D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable NO, files are not backward compatible... "prefersQuicken" <prefersQuicken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:B...

Office 2004 compatibility with new Intel iMac?
What's the story behind compatibility of Office 2004 with the new Intel Duo iMacs announced today? I'm assuming this is NOT binary compatible - am I wrong? Thanks Paul Hi, no, Office 2004 still requires the PowerPC architecture, which means that it will not run *natively* on the new Intel Macs. However, thanks to Apple's Rosetta technology (think of it as some kind of emulator), Intel Mac users will be able to run PowerPC software on their Intel architecture in the same way that for instance today's users can run Classic software in Mac OS X. The next version of Mac Offic...

Microsoft Exchange.
Our company is using Outlook 2002. I would like to use the auto reply for my e-mail but we do not have Microsoft Exchange. Is there a way of doing this without Microsoft Exchage? If there is no way, do we have to use MS Exchange or can we use the exchange from our e-mail provider to activate the auto reply option? Thank you for your help. Using the Out of Office Assistant requires Exchange server. You can spoof this function using rules but there are several drawbacks, including the fact that you will auto-reply to spammers, thus confirming a "good" address. If your IS...

Access 2007 template problem. Template could not be instantiated.
We are moving up to Office 2007 and have rolled it out to a handful of PC's so far and already we are having problems. When I try to open any local template or online template I get a message saying "Template xxxx.accdt" could not be instantiated - The table xxx could not be read from the template file. The object may be in an unrecognized format or contain invalid data" Two days ago I opened one of the local templates fine. Today I get this error. I tried uninstalling Office and re-installing but it made no difference. A colleague of mine who has never used a te...

Outlook 2007 IMAP Bug
I have been having a problem in Outlook 2007 where it sends read receipts for IMAP messages even though I have explicitly indicated to "Never send a response". After doing some reading, I found that this is a bug in Outlook that has not been resolved yet and appears to plague Outlook 2010 too: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/innovateonoffice/thread/82024df4-d5ec-4f89-b268-f824dc26c370 I wanted to know when a fix would be released for this since this poses a problem for some of my personal accounts that I access via IMAP where spammers are receiving read re...

Office/Outlook 2010 compatible with Exchange 2003??
Can anyone at all comment about this topic?? Or must we upgrade to Exchange 2010 to be able to use Outlook 2010?? Thank you, Tom I haven't tried it, but every version of the Exchange Client and Outlook has worked with every version of Exchange, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work, subject to the function set provided by the server. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "tom12010" <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce11363b-e307-4003-a1ee-94413106f4a8@v5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

Outlook 2000 with Office 2003
How do you delete the Contact Manager Database and the Add ins, so that when you start up Outlook 2000 you don't get that Contact Manager Error. ...

Access 2003 database does not run under Access 2007
I'm not an Access programmer, but I thought perhaps I could get some information here. We have a database that was written in 1992 and has worked perfectly through the various updates through Access 2003. When trying to run it under Access 2007, many errors occur. Without going into excessive detail, it will come up, but most controls will not work. Is there any listing or any helpful information anyone can give us, to let us know, what kinds of problems will cause a database that runs under Access 2003 to fail under Access 2007? Jim I think you would do well to get an Access ...

Missing emails in outlook 2007
In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night, when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail. Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically. But, when I came back. I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's Inbox. So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox" but at all mails. This means the mail box considered that these 15 mails already download. This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep using ...

Trend line with negatives Excel 2007
Hi folks. I am trying to put a trend line through some points in a scatter graph Excel 2007. Usually the trend line starts with the smallest point and goes to the largest. My data has all negative x values. For some reason the trend line insists on going right over to x = zero. I want it to stop ate the right hand point. Any suggestions? Thanks, xt ...