Leader with Style name

I am creating a document (Word 2003) with styles A and B that toggle to each
other. My problem: how to lead the paragraph with the style name? Outline
Numbering doesn't quite handle it and there's no Field with the style name
included (apparently). Anyone..?

Eric

0
Eric

You mean you want the paragraphs to look like this?

Question: blah-blah (in Question style).

Answer: blah-bah (in Answer style).

If so, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (Word 2003 and
earlier) or http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm, as
appropriate.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Eric Ingman" <eric.ingman@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a document (Word 2003) with styles A and B that toggle to
>each other. My problem: how to lead the paragraph with the style name?
>Outline Numbering doesn't quite handle it and there's no Field with the
>style name included (apparently). Anyone..?
>
> Eric

0
Suzanne
4/8/2010 8:09:17 PM
Exactly! Thanks a lot.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> You mean you want the paragraphs to look like this?
>
> Question: blah-blah (in Question style).
>
> Answer: blah-bah (in Answer style).
>
> If so, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (Word 2003 and
> earlier) or http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm, as
> appropriate.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Eric Ingman" <eric.ingman@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am creating a document (Word 2003) with styles A and B that toggle to
>>each other. My problem: how to lead the paragraph with the style name?
>>Outline Numbering doesn't quite handle it and there's no Field with the
>>style name included (apparently). Anyone..?
>>
>> Eric

0
Eric

variable column names in a report
i have an application where the user can enter self selected column names which then in turn are added to a table... application works fine. however, when it comes to reporting, how do i go about adding those self entered columns in a report? any help would be appreciated Do you actually need this in a report or can the results be pushed to Excel for printing? -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP Help me support UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "k2sarah" <k2sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56B6FD1-2F5B-45D5-8760-A61E3CA41495@microsoft.c...

Domain name msoffice.com.xx (Is it legal?)
I've searched through the web & found "msoffice.com.ua" being a registered entity in Russia. I intend to register a domain name also using "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" for Microsoft office consulation purpose. Microsoft itself is using "office.microsoft.com". Eventhough we click to "msoffice.com", it will still point to "office.microsoft.com". Does anybody know if the public can REALLY legally use "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" as a domain name? ...

Sorting Cube dimension names in a Pivot Table
How do I get the dimension names in the "pivot table field list" sorted by the translated names? The pivot table field list contains: - one measure-node - one dimension node for each cube-dimension. The cube-dimension-nodes are represented by their translated names. It looks like, this names are not sorted by this translated names, but by the order of the data source. The related radio-buttons in the pivot-table-options are greyed ("A to Z" and "sort by data source"). I would need the "A" to "Z" order. Pleas notice! I...

database query/names issue, causing excel to be sluggish
I have an issue with an excel worksheet I've created. WorkbookA has "Names" which are used to define drop-down menus in WorksheetA. These "Names" are defined to reference a WorksheetB (also in WorkbookA) which itself is populated by a database query, pulling from another Excel WorkbookB. The logic is that WorkbookB should not be touched by the User, only an Admin, and Workbook A is used by User. The Names in WorkbookA are to prevent incorrect entries. Now that I've set it up, WorkbookA is moving really sluggish, but if I delete all the Names it speeds up again....

Can't open two Documents with same name !!
Hi: I install Office 97 in WinXP, works good except when I open a excel spreadsheet a windows always opens saying Can't open two Documents with same name. I click ok and everything works OK. How do I stop this warning I get all the time when I first open a Spreadsheet. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has a list of frequently asked questions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqIndex.html This one sounds like yours: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Owen wrote: > > Hi: I install Office 97 in WinXP, works good except when I > open a excel spreadsheet a windows alway...

How to count last name letters
Hi folks, I would like to know how I can count how many records have the same letter. For example, how many records start with the letter A, how many for letter B, etc. Seems simple enough, but I can't figure out how to work this. Would appreciate some help. Thanks. In news:uKD40b2rHHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, jason <jasonsantos-NOSPAM-@allstatesmedical.com> wrote: > Hi folks, > I would like to know how I can count how many records have the same > letter. For example, how many records start with the letter A, how > many for letter B, etc. > > Seems simple ...

How and where rename tab's name?

Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style- Office 2003
Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. Leila Hello Leila, mmh, which name? Your name on the top? You could change it in the Account Options under Username. >-----Original Message----- >Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by >outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. >Leila > >. > No, printing is pretty limited... You could hit forward or reply and print, then close the message. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vis...

Want to auto name worksheets
I work with a large spreadsheet that has several worksheets in it. Is it possible to create a macro that can copy the contents of a cell and then paste that as the new name for the worksheet? Reply to doc_cowher@yahoo.com Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Doc, this will do what you want, Sub Name_Sheet() ActiveSheet.Name = [A1] End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any re...

Report using Fields with the same name from different tables
Hello all - I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to write some reports pulling data from tables with the same field names. Apparently Access doesn't like this....I attempted to change the names in the BE but when I relink the FE it is prompting for parameters. What is the best way to proceed? Thanks - Lee -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201005/1 TheLee via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I created a db with no knowledge of naming convention. Now I am attempting to &...

2006 Isn't Adding Payee Name Variations
I like using the Payee Name Variation in MS Money. It was working exactly liked I wanted it to in MS Money 2005. Now that I have Money 2006, it isn't working at all and I THINK I have the same options checked in Online Settings. In 2005, I would get a downloaded payee like ALLSTATE INS CO INS PREM. I would change it to Allstate Insurance (before accepting)and the downloaded name would automatically pop into the Payee Name Variation box when I acceped the transaction. In 2006, if I change the downloaded payee before accepting, nothing is added to the Payee Name Variation box. I am having ...

Duplicate named ranges
Is it possible to have duplicate named ranges in a workbook? I am using Excel 2000 on a Windows 2000 system. I can acheive creating a duplicate named range in a workbook by doing a copy sheet into the same workbook but I am unable to create multiple named ranges in the ame workbook by other means. When I try to define the named ranges I get directed to the last copy defined. Is there a way around this? TIA George George, You can have workbook names that apply to the whole workbook, and worksheet names that only apply to that sheet and can be replicated on each sheet. To create the lat...

How to refer to tab names?
Hi all, I have around 50 tabs (worksheets) to deal with in a workbook. I have to come up with a summary in another worksheet that lists down the tab names and the total items in each tab. So, could anyone please help me figure out on how: 1. to refer to each of the tab names (i.e Food, Place,and etc.) and place them in a cell in another worksheet? 2. to refer to each count of the items at the end of the list for each tab? How can I do it without having to key in them individually? TQ. Use INDIRECT() as below. 'the below will refer to cell B10 of tab name specif...

Naming range
Does anyone know how to name a range, so that I can export from excel into outlook? Several ways, easiest being to highlight it and put a name in the name box (to the left of the formula box) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kimmie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2953201c465ce$2542ce20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to name a range, so that I can > export from excel into outlook? try range(mynamedrange).select -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "BerHav" <BerHav@discussions.micr...

Table name in Expression builder not allowed?
I tried to do a simple calculation (on a form) but fail to understand this: =[UnitPrice]*[Quantity] works, however if I use the Tables list from (below) and construct the formula it shows as: [OrderDetails].UnitPrice * [OrderDetails].Quantity and it does not work. I get #Name error When field names are written as [UnitPrice] is it not a standard practice to name them as such? Somewhere I also see [OrderDetails]![UnitPrice] notation. Why? Thanks "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in news:O9MdHWQEIHA.5752@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > I tried to do a simple calculation ...

Resource identifier naming conventions
Hello all, What's the difference between what the resource identifiers in the list below refer to? ID_* IDB_* IDC_* IDD_* IDI_* IDR_* Thanks, Dave I'll take a stab: ID_ a command ID (like in a menu) IDB_ an ID for a bitmap IDC_ an ID for a control on a dialog IDD_ an ID for a dialog IDI_ an ID for an icon IDR_ an ID for another kind of resource (toolbar, menu, etc.) Tom "Dave" <better_cs_now@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:10indb5r69l6c2@news.supernews.com... > > Hello all, > > What's the difference between what the resource identifiers in the...

2 contacts folders with the same name, but I see just 1 of them, How to delete the 2nd?
Hi, In my outlook 2000, I managed to create a contact folder twice with the same name (I don't know how, but I did). Now both folders appear when I click on the "To" button in a new e-mail. One of them contains my contacts and the other is empty. I want to delete the empty one. The problem is that one one of those 2 folders appear under contacts and it's the one that contains my contacts (not the empty one). How can I delete the empty one? Thanks ThunderMusic Very odd. I'd love to know how you did that. You should post your mail support mode before we try anythin...

I need to convert name 3 part name into Last, First MiddleNameorMI
I have a column of names, most of which are FirstName LastName in format. Some, however are First MiddleName (or MI) Last. I need to convert these values into LastName Firstname MI. I have a formula that gets close, but doesn't account for the possible presence of a Middle Name or initial. For ex, data could be Jill Smith, or Jo Ann Smith. I need to make Smith, Jill and Smith, Jo Ann. Seems like I need to go backwards thru the string with a Search function to find the 2nd space for this to work, but can't. Or should I try it by parsing consecutive columns with incremental chan...

Check Names - Outlook 2000
When I enter an email address in the To: field for an employee of the company it will properly replace the email address with the contact name (e.g. stan@work.com -> Stan Sample (E-mail)). If I enter the name of someone in the personal contacts it will properly look it up (e.g. Pam -> Pam Personal (E-Mail)). This replace happens if I wait long enough or press the Check Names button. If however I type an email address of a person in the contacts, it never resolves to a particular contact (e.g. pam@home.com never becomes Pam Personal (E-Mail)). Is there a configuration problem with ...

defined names and setsourcedata
I have formula in a cell that creates a string. The string can represent several defined names strung together, delimited by a comma. For example, the formula in cell D21 returns: AX,SY,KS AX is actually a defined name for a range A1:A10 (the axis), SY = C1:C10, and KS = E1:10 I'm trying to set the source data range in a chart on a different sheet to the string I created in D21. Even if I name D21 as "makechart", it still won't work. Sub Macro5() ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=ActiveWorkbook.Names("makechart"), PlotBy:=xlColumns End Sub Please help...

#Name? problem
I've switched from 2003 to 2007 and am now having a problem with a report that worked fine before. In the report I have some code in the Groupfooter0 event that calculates some times. One line of the code is this cctime1 = DSum("[Time1]", "[stagestats]", "[Time1] < 999 and class = '" & Class & "'") in the report I have the control source set to =[cctime1] now all I get when the report is run is #Name? in that field. Don't understand why it works in 2003 and not in 2007 any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

copy named range & paste values
This works great with columns, but now need to copy named range ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Value = ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Value (my attempt) Sub select_range() Range("zero_range").Select Copy.Range Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False End Sub Range("zero_range").value=Range("zero_range").value -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldridge@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c6f61ae2-a365-43c0-a...

Style None
I need to suppress/none the border line and mark style when the data is "" or zero, is there any options in excel? I know how to do it in vba but i've partners that don't understand macros so i need something simple. Thanks, Maya ...

update the hyperlink in file after changing the file name
I have received a template file which has hyperlinks from the summary page to individual detail worksheets. When I am saving the file on my desktop the hyperlinks are lost as they look for the original file. Is there any way to auto update the links? I would really appreciate any help. On May 10, 12:56=A0pm, Bel71 <Be...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have received a template file which has hyperlinks from the summary pag= e to > individual detail worksheets. When I am saving the file on my desktop the > hyperlinks are lost as they look for the original file. ...

A Name range referring to different cells in different worksheets
Hi all, I have a problem of using named ranges. Replicate the problem. Create a name, say. "Test", which refers to "=Sheet1!$A$1,Sheet2!$B$2,Sheet3!$C$3". Then in Sheet1!A1, type 1, in Sheet2!A2, type 2, in Sheet3!A3, type 3. In a cell, type "=SUM(Test)". The cell displays "#VALUE!" error. Why is that, and are there any solutions or workaround? Thanks a lot. Frederick Chow Hong Kong. You're using the union operator (,) which requires that all arguments be on the same sheet. You could define Test as =Sheet1!A1 + Sheet2!B2 + Sheet3!B...