Is there a way to change preset margins?

I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great.  Is
there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007?  I don't want to
change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets.  However, I NEVER
use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins.  Is there a way to
create my own presets to those that I use regularly?

Thanks

No way to create presets, but you can certainly create templates with the
desired margins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jeramee" <Jeramee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great.  Is
> there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007?  I don't want to
> change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
> routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets.  However, I NEVER
> use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins.  Is there a way to
> create my own presets to those that I use regularly?
>
> Thanks

0
Suzanne

Change Private Sub to module code??
Hello. I have a code that grays out text boxes in my form. I use it in several forms and use it in OnCurrent, AfterUpdate, etc. I want to change it to a Public Function in a module and call it from the forms. Is there a way I need to change this? When I try to do it, I get an error on the 7th line. One problem, I think, is that when I open some of the forms, the Expense_Type is null. For that matter, when I open one of the forms, all the fields are null, so I think I need to add an IsNull - Do nothing code. Private Sub Expense_Type_AfterUpdate() If Me.Expense_Type = "Mileage"...

file size sometimes doubles when changing one or two cells
Hi, i have a very strange problem with excel2000. When i change one or two cells in a sheet containing links, the file size doubles or triples in size? This is only the case when working in a terminal server environment. When working with the same files in a normal environment (pc + network drive), this is not the case. Can this be a wrong setting in excel2000 on the terminal server environment? Any help or hints are very welcome. Thanks Wim ...

Sum, when data in adjoining column changes
I have spreadsheet with thousand of lines. Column A lists a name, and Column lists a percentage. When the name changes, I need to sum the percentages (they are supposed to add up to 100%) in Column C. Example: Column A Column B Column C AAA .50 AAA .25 AAA .20 AAA .05 1.00 BBB .10 BBB .10 BBB .75 BBB .04 BBB .01 1.00 (Sometimes the data in Column could be a number, such as 99-9999999.) Doing this by hand will take many hours, and I have to periodically repe...

Can onmouseover change row borders?
I have a datagrid with alternating bg colors, and I added an onmouseover event to shade them yet another color. Here's the way Google taught me to do it: If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.style.backgroundColor='#DFCBFF'") End If If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Then e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.style.backgroundColor='White'") Elseif e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then e.Item.Attribu...

Any way to customize asset allocation categories in Money 2004?
I want to be able to assign my own asset allocation categories to Microsoft Money to be able to group by them. For instance, Money would view a precious metals mutual fund as only a "mutual fund", but for me, it's really a separate investment class I want categorized under "precious metals". I'm pretty sure these categories aren't editable, so I was wondering if anyone has found a workaround (besides creating a separate Excel spreadsheet, which I already did). Thanks. Many of us wish for it. Instead we get Essential * and turn to Excel. <matty_lewis@yah...

remove track changes
How do you remove "track changes" option from emailed documents? I am receiving documents by email with track changes. When I print, the document prints with the track changes. Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you remove "track changes" option from emailed documents? I am > receiving documents by email with track changes. When I print, the > document prints with the track changes. Click Tools>Options>E-mail Options. Uncheck "Mark my comments with". Or, if you're using Word as the editor, click Tools and un...

change colors in DialogBars
hi, How is it possible to change the colors in DialogBars, I mean something like OnCtlColor in simple dialogs, thanks, Behzad > How is it possible to change the colors in DialogBars, I mean something like > OnCtlColor in simple dialogs, Tried returning your own brush when nCtlColor argument in CDialog::OnCtlColor is CTLCOLOR_DLG ?, or am I misinterpreting your problem? Fahad Ashfaque hi, There is no problem in dialogs, I mean what to do if u want to change the colors in a DialogBar ? "Fahad Ashfaque" <FahadAshfaque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

How do I change the order that my records appear in in Forms
I've entered all my data, but now I want it to be displayed in Forms in order by a specific field. How can I do that? Create a query. Use the Sort row in query design to specify the sort order. Choose this query in the RecordSource property of your form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bethany.Ryan" <BethanyRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69CAB1BA-4E89-4569-AC25-38CDFBFBE806@microsoft.com......

How do I change the pre-set font for email?
I noticed my font for writing a response to an email cahnged to Helvetica with a pale colour. How can I change this back? Note that this newsgroup is for Word, so you won't be able to get a specific answer here. Generally, though, if you are composing messages in HTML or RTF, you should be able to select the text and change the font and color. If you are trying to change the defaults, there is usually an Options dialog for that purpose. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "CaymanRN" <CaymanRN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61FB51DB-3E0B-4FBE...

Dynamically changing List lengths for Userform
Hello All, Ive got a User form that I would like to restrict response to a list from the worksheet. I would also like to change / remove some of the options available depending on the response to the previous ComboBox. Any ideas? Thanks Eddie(Universal) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I'm not quite sure what you want to check to restrict values, but you might find an idea in here: Option Explicit Dim stopProc As Boolean Private Sub ComboBox1_...

How to Change Language of Dates in Outlook Express
I work on the Occupied West Bank, but for some reason my computer thinks it's in South Africa and uses Afrikaans for the outgoing date in OE. I would like to change the language of OE to English, but I can't figure out how. The Help says to get a language encoding download from the Explorer homepage under international, but I can't find it. In any case, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since all I am asking for is Microsoft's native language. I am just a regular user, so please be as clear as possible if you have any ideas. Thanks much, Katherine F...

Why can't I change the print quality in Excel?
See the subject. For some reason the "Print Quality" field in the "Page Setup" option is greyed out, I can't do anything with it and therefor I cannot use Adobe Acrobat to convert an entire workbook into PDF because it says the worksheets have different print qualities. Anyone who can help would be much appreciated ...

Changing the module associated with a custom report
Hi, we had our consultant create a customized report for us using Crystal reports, but he assigned it to the Sales Module. Is there a way to reassign that Report to the Service module? thanks! nasu Yes, it is called the Microsoft CRM v1.2 Report Manager. It allows add, delete, and rename reports even if you do not have Crystal Reports 9 installed. Here is the link to the download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81517729-f640-4f46-ba30-6b9e6f451526&DisplayLang=en Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "nasu" wrote: > Hi, we ...

How to Identify Changes In Two Work Sheets
I have two different dated inventory lists with 3,074 of identical line items. I want to determine the "items" that have "sold units" from two lists since they reflect ending inventory on separate dates. I want to create a new work sheet with those "items" only whose ending units are different from the units on the first ending report. The items are in the Desc 1 column in both work sheets along with their vendor code, size & quantity. Assume worksheet 1 is dated 10-18-06 and worksheet 2 is dated 10-22-06. Worksheet 1: Columns: C = VC (vendor code) , D...

Excel change case add in #2
Ever found difficult to change case of text in Microsoft Excel, just try this free, easy to use, add in http://exceltemplates.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsoft-excel-change-case.html You can change case to lower, upper and proper case. Hmmm... It doesn't look like you fixed any of the bugs in your add-in that I posted in http://tinyurl.com/2vpfzm In article <1192184013.786826.189350@k35g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, "Mr.Cricket" <prabhuraaman@gmail.com> wrote: > Ever found difficult to change case of text in Microsoft Excel, just > try this free, easy to...

Dynamic Display Orientation Change in CE 6.0
Hi I am working to develop a display driver that can take advantage of the Windows CE 6.0 support for changing the screen orientation dynamically. My LCD is 800X600 and it has hardware based flip (Both directions, up-don and left-right) support. I need to change the orientation from Landscape to Portrait dynamically WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE BASED rotation algorithm. I know that wince 6.0 supports SW based rotation and i wondering how to disable it and use hardware based rotation support Thanks The display driver fills the display buffer, so modify your driver to correctly fil...

change the default opening of a form to enter a new record
How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on the icon New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another record it is always showing record 1 -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Shazza - Set the form property Data Entry to Yes. That will default to opening the form for new records. -- Daryl S "Shazza" wrote: > How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new > r...

Module or Formula change
Hi I have a worksheet made up for different cost centers with reference to invoices. For example who they are from, what date is on the invoice, what date did we receive it, amount, etc. I have written the following module and formula (see below for details) in order to bring up a message box if the amount of days between two dates are greater than 15. The reason for this is that we have a turnaround time of 14 days to pay these invoices and staff forget to issue a late letter if the invoice is paid outside the 15 days. This works great, the message box appears when the days are gre...

e-signature changes when forwarding/replying
when i forward/reply to emails, the font names,size and hypertext functionality are lost. how can i keep the signature consistent??? thnx ...

Change Form Field Font
MS Word 2003. I have quite a few Form Fields on my document. I would like to change the font on ALL of them. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks... 1. Unprotect the form. 2. Display field codes (Al+F9). 3. In the Replace dialog, in the "Find what" box, type ^19 FORM 4. Click More to expand the dialog. 5. With the insertion point in the "Replace with" box, click Format | Font and select the desired font. 7. Replace All. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.or...

Change default CD writer
My CD writer that was installed in my CPU stopped working (for some reason) and I bought an external CD writer. When I try to copy a CD or make a DVD, I would like have my write program to default to my external writer. How do I set things up to do that? I have several picture files I would like to copy to a CD and would like to use my external writer. The program you use to write to the CD-R or DVD-R has the setup features in it. Look in the help file for that program. Windows CD burner feature assumes you will drag the file to the correct CD-R drive. "jag" <...

Page margin and header
Hello, It appears that some sort of global setting is in place (that I never set up) that is messing up my margins. When I set a one inch margin all around a page, the margins show us much less than one inch. So to try and fix this, I set the margins as .3", which turns out closer to one inch, but then the header in the right corner is too far to the right and I don't know how to move it to the left. Please help. I have Word 2008 for Mac, version 12. Hi Kathy; I'm not clear on the situation you're describing. Exactly where do "the margins show us ...

Changing from Balance Forward customer to Open Item
Recently one of our affiliates imported their customers from their old accounting system. Unfortunately, the balance type flag was set to balance forward rather than open item. This was not discovered until significant activity had been keyed so they don't want to re-load and re-do several weeks' work. Is there any way to change a customer, with posted activity, to open item? Thanks Steve In the RM_Customer_MSTR table: RM00101 Balance Type: Integer. Field values: 0. Open Item 1. Balance Forward In SBM, this field is always set to a value of 1. This field is...

Link to a changing cell? You'll see...
Hi, Is it possible to have a hyperlink between two sheets that jumps to th cell that is displaying today's date? I want to have a link from one worksheet, that when pressed takes me t a different worksheet, but on the this new sheet locates the cell whic is displaying today's date. Essentially, I have a link going to my year planner, but rather tha having to constently scroll down each time, it would be good if the ro which contained today was immediately displayed. The dates are all in column A. Can this be done? Thanks, Mark -- mevett ---------------------------------------...