Is there a way to change preset margins?

I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great.  Is
there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007?  I don't want to
change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets.  However, I NEVER
use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins.  Is there a way to
create my own presets to those that I use regularly?

Thanks

No way to create presets, but you can certainly create templates with the
desired margins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jeramee" <Jeramee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great.  Is
> there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007?  I don't want to
> change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
> routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets.  However, I NEVER
> use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins.  Is there a way to
> create my own presets to those that I use regularly?
>
> Thanks

0
Suzanne

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Change the name of CRM
Because of the failed implementations of CRM (all vendors), many customers or prospect think the same about Microsoft Dynamics CRM, so could be a good approach talk about Business Processes Automation like Sales, Marketing and Services… Dynamics BPA (Business Processes Automation) Dynamics BPM (Business Processes Management) Microsoft Dynamics only.. Or any Dynamics and without CRM … ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Typing HTE automatically changes to THE and I don't want to
HTE is an acronym I use frequently and it won't let me put it in a call without converting it to the article "THE" Excel is trying to "correct" your spelling. To fix this: Tools > Options > Spelling > Autocorrect > and remove the correction. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Orange&Blue" wrote: > HTE is an acronym I use frequently and it won't let me put it in a call > without converting it to the article "THE" What version of Excel are you using? It's an AutoCorrect rule that's causi...

Cannot change date format
We have CRM 4.0 installed, and I've been asked to change the Date Format displayed from US (mm/dd/yyyy) to UK (dd/mm/yyyy). Following the Settings -> Administration -> System Settings, and then the Formats tab I've changed the Current Format to "English (United Kingdom)" and this appears to show the Short Date in the correct format. If I then create a new Activity and set the date, it comes out 06/25/2008, which is not what I want. I've been in and tried to change the settings to, say, Gujerati (India) and although it saves this choice, it doesn't affect the ...

Chart Shows data wrong way around
Hi, I have this strange problem with a simple chart. Y Axis shows correct =A30.00 - and scaling upwards. X Axis is the problem. As you look at the chart the X axis displays the days correct 1 2 3 4 5 and so on. Now the problem is the actual bars read right to left, so day 1 has the bar over it for the last day and the last day has the bar for day 1. I am no way an Excel expert :) so if this is something very obvious then "opps" but any help is much appreciated on how to have them matching up correctly. I don't know why yours is backwards. If it is a horizontal bar chart, th...

Looking for ways to reduce backup time on a 140 GB IS
Hello , We are looking for various methods to reduce the backup time of 140GB IS. Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 Enterprise, 2 node cluster priv.edb is about 120, 20 gb public, currently only one group and one mailbox store on this cluster. Using netbackup using the MS API. Runs for long hours (9 hours or more) and when it reaches 1008 uncommited transcations we have to restart the IS. Like to know if this is a valid solution.. Can we create a new storage group and a mailbox store on the same server and "move mailbox" to the newly created group. Will this reduce the backup tim...

Way do do search/replace on beginning/end of cell w/o functions?
Hi, I've been writing various functions to search/replace beginning/ends of cells, however wondering if there is a way to do the simpler ones with just Search/Replace function. In word I'd just do ^pString orString^p but not sure if there is a symbol I can use to mean beginning/end of cell. For instance I want to replace all Cells with Board Certified but not where * Board Certified I can of course write a function but the sheet is unwieldy as it is and it is a simple 'request'... hi, ! for a begin/end cells replacement, try first with a cust...

Is there a way to lock the margins in Word?
Hello, I've created an electronic version of the company stationary and I'd like to lock the margins so they cannot inadvertently be altered to invade the white space of the corporate logo that resides in the left hand margin mid-way down the page. If there is no way of locking the margins - is there any way of allowing the end user to edit the body of the document only and not touch the margins, headers, footers? Hi Deirdre, You could insert a macro like the following into the document's template: Private Sub FilePageSetup() MsgBox "Sorry, that option is n...

Is there a way to generate a new Word doc everytime I enter data in an Excel row?
Or anything comparable. I hope I explain this well enough... Is there a way that after I fill in a row of data, I can somehow have that data fill in a Word doc for printing or emailing? I am a bit of a newbie and don't know any VBA yet. Thanks! Look at Word Help for 'mail merge' or more specifically the phrase Data sources you can use for mail merge and look at the entry that talks to using Excel for the data source. "Edward" wrote: > Or anything comparable. > I hope I explain this well enough... > > Is there a way that after I fill in a row of data...

Change Color of Worksheet Tabs?
Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? Thanks in advance... Bob Yes- Right click on the tab and select tab color. "Bob Newman" wrote: > Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with > worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? > > Thanks in advance... Bob > > > Had a play around found it must have something to do with the " N" (th leading space) If I take out the space it works, has VB not got a $ ...

Changing Default Font
Attempting to change my default Font for e-mail, When I hit "Default" it tells me that I am changin all future settings, do I want this," and I reply yes the message disappears, but the Fonts do not change, but remain as the font I am trying to change. ...

is there any way you can retrieve a document that you forgot to s.
is there any way you can retrieve a document that you forgot to s... mo <mo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > is there any way you can retrieve a document that you forgot to s... Hint: This space is designed to contain information you couldn't fit into the subject, because the subject field is not designed to hold an entire message. Try going to Start > Run, typing %temp%, clicking OK. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

File asks me to save when I haven't changed a thing
Why do some files ask me to save the changes I made when closing them, when I haven't made any changes whatsoever? -- GYRO ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GYRO's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29994 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499058 Do you have any formulas in your workbook like NOW(), TODAY(), INDIRECT, OFFSET etc.? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "GYRO" <GYRO.21a96m_1136668200.5897@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

How do I change a template from greyscale to color?
I am using a Publisher template in greyscale and would like to change the entire publication to color. Was the template color originally? Open the Color Scheme menu (Format), does selecting a different color scheme change the template colors? There is a picture reset icon on the picture toolbar, have you tried it? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jnb1258" <jnb1258@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16388F05-8794-4B12-B7DF-2CFB12A1F77D@microsoft.com... >I am using a Publisher templat...

Changing all Formulas to Absolute References
Hi Is there a way to change all the existing formulas in a workbook to Absolute cell references? Thanks -A "Arska" wrote... >Is there a way to change all the existing formulas in a workbook to >Absolute cell references? Using a macro, yes. Sub foo() Dim ws As Worksheet, c As Range For Each ws in ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each c In ws.UsedRange If c.HasFormula Then _ c.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(c.Formula, xlA1, , xlAbsolute) Next c Next ws End Sub -- Never attach files. Snip unnecessary quoted text. Never multipost (though crossposting is usuall...

Is there a way that you can change the appearance of the office 2008 products
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop In Microsoft Office 2007 you can change the look of the computer. In Mac and office 2008 the appearance is limited. There seems to be only to colours available Graphite and Mac Blue is there more available and if so where can i find them? Graphite and Word Blue are the only colours available for Word 2008. In the other Office apps, the blue is replaced with orange and green, respectively. There are no other options to choose from, and these colours only affect the Elements Gallery. As...

Margins in PowerPoint
How does one delete or lesson margins in PowerPoint? What margins? When you're printing? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Debbie Howell" <Debbie Howell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E97BBE93-F3F5-4B28-B0A8-05BF33B251D4@microsoft.com... > How does one delete or lesson margins in PowerPoint? ...

A GREAT way to get FREE cash !! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I'm posting this message to let you know about an exciting community on the Internet - SurveySavvy. I'm a member and it offers you a great opportunity to make a difference and earn money at the same time by taking research surveys online. They are one of the TOP rated survey companies, so you can't go wrong</P> <P>AND IT IS FREE !!!!! </P> <P><BR...

Macro Change Date for Report
I have a macro to print the Historical Stock Status. As part of it I need to change the "as of Date". I have the macro copy the date from the System Date window. In the original macro there is a type to line and it puts the date in that was in the copy command. I take out the type line and leave the Command Edit Paste in the macro. When the macro runs I get a command disabled in the macro log when it goes to paste the date in the as of field. Suggestions on changing the date? Thanks roland Roland, Why not change the setup of the report you're using to have Current Dat...

SQL to change closing totals
What tables do I need to fix if I entered a wrong closing amount for a particular tender type? What is the SQL to do this? I erroneously entered $0 for checks for the day, then ran a Z-report. Thus, I was short for the day by the amount of the checks. I know I will never be able to fix the Journal, but I want to fix the database for reporting purposes. ------=_NextPart_0001_31A52B4D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Jason, This is a relatively simple task. The first thing you should do is make a backup of your database before proceeding... Once you ha...

Change email address of Non-Delivery Reports
Currently, all our NDRs have a FROM address which is the previous sys admin's name. But where do I change this so that NDR's FROM address is my name? Exchange 2003 -- | +-- JDMils | You will need to write your own event sinks to accomplish this. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsmtps/html/writingmngsinks.asp James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTP JDMils wrote: > Currently, all our NDRs have a FROM address which is the previous sys > admin's name. But where do I change this so that NDR's FROM address is my > name? Exchange 2003 &...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

Changing mail file locations, correct method?
I've read instructions here for default location of Win Live Mail files and how to change folders and drives. But what is the right method to use when changing location of new incoming mail files...........and existing email files and subject folders. Should I just gang copy all of the existing folders from one disk to the other....before or after I change the location for new incoming mail? I sure don't want to mess up my email any more after a debacle when I upgraded to Win 7 from Vista! Help on method please................and thanks! If you wish to change the locati...

Changing the window size when initialising a Service Activity.
Does anybody know how i can change the window size when you open up an Service Activity Basically at the moment the screen opens up in the middle of the screen at a set size, and i am looking for a full screen when opening a brand new service activity so the user can get straight down to putting the data down rather than having to manipulate the screen to see all the information beforehand. You can apply this code on the OnLoad event of the Service Activity (this is for 1024x768 but you can adjust it to whatever you'd like. //====Re-Size Windows to 1024 x 768====== { window.resizeTo(1...

How to temporarily change REPLY TO address in specific messages only (like in Outlook)?
I can't find out how to do this in OE, though Outlook has the option to set a different REPLY TO address for a specific email, without having to change the information globally in the account information under TOOLS. Also, my email sniffer has an extra field labelled REPLY TO where I just type in the different address the few times I need to do that at any given moment> Does anyone know how to do this in OE, though? In OE, the only way is in Tools | Accounts........... -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "StargateFan&quo...