Is it possilbe to have multiple tables of content in a single doc?

I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.

I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.

Is it possible?

WORD 2007

Yes it is.

Here is a link that may help:-

http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/table-of-contents-iii-use-fields-to-create-a-toc-and-create-multiple-tocs-RZ010266698.aspx?CTT=1

Thanks.
"ev@" wrote:

> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.
>
> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>
> Is it possible?

Yes you can,

what you need to do is to set a two different set of styles. Then in one TOC
use exclusively Style 1 and in the other exclusively Style 2.

Make the TOC according to this tutorial but as said, when you will define
your TOC use respective style.

http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/04/word-2002/table-of-contents-in-microsoft-word-2002/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"ev@" wrote:

> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.
>
> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>
> Is it possible?

Another way to have separate TOCs, if one is for a specific portion of the
document is to bookmark that section and then insert a TOC that refers to
the bookmark, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"mike.smith" <mikesmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes you can,
>
> what you need to do is to set a two different set of styles. Then in one
> TOC
> use exclusively Style 1 and in the other exclusively Style 2.
>
> Make the TOC according to this tutorial but as said, when you will define
> your TOC use respective style.
>
> http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/04/word-2002/table-of-contents-in-microsoft-word-2002/
>
> I hope it helps
>
> If not, contact me via my website
>
> Mike
> http://www.mswordhelp.com
> how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks
>
> "ev@" wrote:
>
>> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of
>> contents.
>>
>> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>>
>> Is it possible?

0
Suzanne
6/2/2010 2:32:50 PM
ev@,

The article linked by trip_to_tokyo describes three different ways to put
multiple TOCs in a document. For the specific situation of a separate
appendix, only the one involving bookmarks is simple and relatively
foolproof.

So you don't have to wade through all 17 pages of that long article to get
the bit that's useful to you, go directly to page 14 with this link:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/bookmarks-RZ010266698.aspx?section=14&lc=en-gb.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

trip_to_tokyo wrote:
> WORD 2007
>
> Yes it is.
>
> Here is a link that may help:-
>
> http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/table-of-contents-iii-use-fields-to-create-a-toc-and-create-multiple-tocs-RZ010266698.aspx?CTT=1
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>

> Thanks.
> "ev@" wrote:
>
>> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of
>> contents.
>>
>> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>>
>> Is it possible?

0
Jay

Updating multiples fields of entities
Hi, I have the same field in two entities , when i update the field in one entity , then how can i also update the field at another entity at the same time. In other words , how can the change reflect in another entity? Ps" I use the edit from action menu and then edit the particular field". regards and thanks. Aami Aami; First you need to establish a relationship between these two entities and then you can use Mapping to accomplish the update on the related record. Dave "Aami" <aamir34@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1138276264.929935.305340@g49g2000c...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Distributing a VBA Project to multiple workstations
Using GP10.0 we have created a VBA package that includes modified forms. The VBA Developer's Guide cautions against merely copying the VBA project file to a destination machine when modified forms are part of the project (page 114). The only other option the Developer's GUide provides involves moving "the package file to the destination workstation, then import the customizations into the installation." I know how to do this, but cannot imagine someone going to each individual workstation when there are, for example, one hundred workstations involved. I tried to us Cli...

Printing Contents of UserForm
Hello: I have a userform in Excel. I have set up a print command button that works using Userform.printform but it only prints part of the 1st page. I'm ok to find a solution to make one page print at a time but I at least need the entire page to print. The form is too long and has a scrollbar to allow users to see the whole thing on screen. If it helps any, the user form contains a multipage control which houses the form data. Thanks! I would create a temporary worksheet for printing the data. The macro you created can copy all the data to a worksheet then print the...

Error Message after exporting MS Access Table
I receive the below error message when I export a table from a Microsoft Access database to the Microsoft Word Merge format: “The data being exported does not match the format described in the Schema. ini file.” Microsoft Access database is in .mdb format. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201002/1 The main cause behind the above error message is that when you export the table for the first time, the field names of the table for the Microsoft Word Merge format get saved in the Schema.ini file. A schema.ini (schema i...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

How 2 update PowerPoint table with excel numbers with same formatt
Hi, I have office 2003. I have PowerPoint table (not linked in excel). Well formatted according to my requirement. But when I need to update few cells (numbers) copying from Excel into PowerPoint, formatting is getting mess up. I tried paste as unformatted paste it's paste everything in one column only. Can anyone please help me out so i can copy & paste only those particular cells from Excel into PowerPoint Table without losing any formatting? Thanks Masters in advance :) Rajesh ...

Accessing outlook pst files from multiple machines
How can I access my pst file from more than one machine simultaneously? I do this at work all the time, why can't I do it at home? pst files can't be access by two or more machines at the same time. (the messaging system opens the files for exclusive use so no other machine can open the file at the same time.) perhaps at work you are using an exchange server and not a personal folders file. "Rob" <rob@lounsbury.net> wrote in message news:147ba01c4450f$1cbb9d20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I access my pst file from more than one machine > simultaneously? I ...

Multiple Information in Columns
I have mutliple information in my columns for Access 2003. Here is an example of what I have Report # Worksheet Location Text 3055 A103 XYZ COmpnay 3055 A102 1231 Walnut St 3055 A104 Newark 3055 A105 NJ 3056 A103 ABC Company 3056 A102 456 Fultondale Ave 3056 A104 Twin City 3056 A105 ...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

PO Enhancements Table
I need to link this to the purchase order analysis reports - specifically Purchase Order Status Report in detail. IN RW cant see how to use the POE dict to link thru the table - has anyone got any ideas? Thanks heaps Theo ...

Format number as text on multiple files import to a Single Workbook
Hello, I want to Import Multiple Files to a Single Workbook and there is code on http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003148_Importing_Multiple_Files_to_a_Single_Workbook.html that does the job with one exception: I want all the imported data to be formated as text and not general (I need leading zeros etc...). What to add to that code & where ? TIA Instead of moving the workbook, add a new sheet and format as text then copy and pastespecial as values. I change the open to use OPenText. this should work While x <= UBound(FilesToOpen) With wkbAll Set Newsht = .Sheets.Add(aft...

pausing a macro to input cell contents
My first macro using XP, Excel 2003. During the Recording of a macro, what syntax/keystroke is required to 'pause' a macro so as to allow input of data into a cell address, and then re-initate continuance of the macro to its next step? I do not want to end or stop the macro, just pause it automatically to enter data. Pause for input........................ Sub getuserinput() 'some of your code goes here usrinput = InputBox("enter a number") Range("A1").Value = usrinput 'resume rest of code End Sub Or if you want to select a cell or ra...

Pivot Table Data 04-16-10
I have learned to use GETPIVOTDATA to retrieve numbers aligned with employees names. When an employees name does not appear on the pivot table, it returns #REF!, which can be turned into 4 with the ERROR.TYPE command. I can turn the 4 into a 0, but then when the number is not a 4, I get #N/A. Is there any way to get a 0 off of the pivot table if an employee name does not show up? You can wrap the GETPIVOTDATA formula inside another function to return zero if GETPIVOTDATA returns an error. In Excel 2007 you can use IFERROR: =IFERROR(GETPIVOTDATA(...),0) In Excel 2003 &a...

sending and receiving tables with relationships
I have a database with three linked tables (parent table, a child and a "grandchild" table). There are 8 field reps in the company I work for. Each of the parent tables cooresponds with the data pertaining to each rep. What I'm wanting to do it to somehow separate the data so I can send each rep just their table and corresponding children tables, they update the data and send it back to me. Is there a way to do this? I have found a way to do it with all the data in one table, but the forms to enter data end up being cluttered, hard to navigate and confusing. -- Message pos...

Multiple Birthday
I am running Outlook 2002 and I am desperately trying to figure out a way of holding multiple birthdays for the one contact (eg John & Mary Smith and their son Joe - 3 birthdays to be held) and display on Calender. Any ideas ? Why not create 3 Contacts for this? You can assign them the same category then. You can't assign 3 names to one Contact either. Another way to go is to create a recurring appointment in the Calendar on their birthdays and add a shortcut to these bithdays in the Contact properties. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mon...

Deleting multiple proxy addresses
I am going to use the command below from Q318774. As part of the procedure to delete addresses I accidentally created with two full stops in them. ldifde -f badproxies.txt -d "dc=domain,dc=com" -l proxyaddresses -r "(proxyaddresses=*smtp:*..*@*)" If my domain name on the network is 'SCHOOL.LOCAL' My domain name for email addresses is 'ST-JOHNS.WILTS.SCH.UK' What do I put for the "dc=domain" and "dc-com" entries? Is the rest of the command correct and a simple copy and paste? You'd put "dc=school,dc=local" on those part...

Seeding Random Numbers with Multiple Threads?
Hi, Usually, seeding the random number generator with a time value is ideal as it creates what is for all practical purposes, true random numbers. However, each thread has it's own random number seed. And, I need to seed 4 seperate threads during initialization of my app. So using the time doesn't work, as all four threads end up using the exact same (therefore non-random) series of numbers. Is there a best practice for what seed(s) to use when seeding several random generators at once? Are there three more different, but unpredictable UINT values in the system that I could seed the...

Why does multiple files not open after being selected.
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. I go to "My documents". After selecting multiple files I right click to get to OPEN. After selecting "open" nothing happens. I have to open one by one file...that works well. What you are trying to do should definitely work... Have you tried repairing the installation? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Magrieta" <Magrieta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF9E98DD-F9CC-43B7-BA8E-24DADDA138D2@microsoft.com... > I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. > I go to "...

Multiple xls into one xls
I have 162 separate xls files that I have used for mail merges. All the fields (column headers) are identical, just the data is different. I would like to amalgamate all of these into one single xls file. How can I do this? I promise to use a database next time! :) Ron Thanks very much, quick too. :) James >-----Original Message----- >Try this > >http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm > > > >-- >Regards Ron de Bruin >(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) >www.rondebruin.nl > > > >"James Searle" <jcsearle@accommsoft.co.uk> wrote in me...

Multiple Users #4
My scenerio is - we have 10 warehouse workers that log on to 1 PC with a common logon. I would like to give each of them their own secure mailbox that they can access, without logging out of Windows 2000. I have created accounts for each of the users, as well as profiles on the PC. When the user tries to login, there is a prompt for ID/PW and Domain. After entering the info - an error appears saying that the user does not have permission to access the mailbox. We are using Outlook 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Problem printing Word doc with links to other Word files: only 1st pages
Hi all, My word Doc contains links to other documents. With code visible it looks like: {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 1" "" \a \p } {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 2" "" \a \p } etcetera If I view the master document or print it, only the first page of each linked document is visible/printed. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance Jan Objects linked via OLE cannot exceed a page. You can use INCLUDETEXT fields instead; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/includetextfields.htm. Note that if you are using Word ...