In one section of my Word doc, when I type nothing shows up on do

In my Word document, there is one section where the words do not appear when
I type them.  When I go to "show", there is a wriggly red line where I had
wanted the words to appear.

Seems as if the text has been formatted as hidden. Select the text and clear
the "Hidden" attribute in the Font dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"packbakr" <packbakr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my Word document, there is one section where the words do not appear
> when
> I type them.  When I go to "show", there is a wriggly red line where I had
> wanted the words to appear.

0
Stefan
3/22/2010 3:01:09 PM
Is the text there formatted as white colour?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"packbakr" <packbakr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my Word document, there is one section where the words do not appear
> when
> I type them.  When I go to "show", there is a wriggly red line where I had
> wanted the words to appear.

0
Graham

Multiple Vista UA's with One Outlook Calender
I have 2 User Accounts (UAs) on my new Vista system that I'll call Work and Play, Work will access the wallaby@work.com email account and Play will access the wallaby@play.com email account - that's easy Work and Play will each have there own Contact List. Is there's a way of having a "shared" list in addition to their "private" lists? Work and Play must share the same calendar - there's only one wallaby, and even it can't be in two places at the same time. But I might like to have separate To Do lists. As its is now they have there...

Can you "get" fields from other entities to show up on a form
Using SERVICE module to create a new case. When the user selects a customer, I want the user to be able to pull in additional information from the contact entity - such as telephone number etc. - is that possible? Do I need to create new fields in the CASE entity as well? Thanks, Nick I think you will. I don't think MSCRM supports a true Relational model. Currently you will have to map and have the data copied over. Jake "Nick" <nick@vorafamily.com> wrote in message news:7de77b1c.0311111248.20cce836@posting.google.com... > Using SERVICE module to create a new case...

Detecting if a string has one or more 16-bit characters
How do you go about it in a unicode build? As far as I'm concerned, there is no absolute method. I do recall a recent MSDN magazine article that pointed out that NotePad automatically does this and can sometimes get it wrong. Seems there is a function to do this (sorry, I can't recall where it was or the name), but that it used statistics, which not always correct. I'm sure that the shorter the string, the harder it would be to guarantee correctness. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "flect" <flect@example.net> wrote in m...

Convert 1 Character Code to a word
I would like to do as the subject states. For example, If something was ACA where A represented Alpha and represented Cyber, the sequence would read Alpha-Cyber-Alpha. Is thi possible? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This will do for a short list =LOOKUP(MID(A4,1,1),{"A","B","C"},{"Alpha","Beta","Cyber"}&"-"&LOOKUP(MID(A4 ,2,1),{"A","B","C"},{"Alpha","Beta","Cyber"}&"-"&LOOKUP(MID(A4,3,1),{"A&quo...

Show most recent
Hi Groupies My database keeps track of training certifications. I need to keep a history of recertification, so I may have the same person listed for the same course but with a different date of training. My report needs to show the person, the course and the date of training. However, I only want the most recent date of training to show up. I can not use unique records or unique value properties because I need the training date to show up. Any ideas? -- Thanks for the brainwaves! CJ -------------------- I blame the parents Use a subquery to identify the most recent record for th...

Printed 5 documents via Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer - and they are nowhere to be found
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer' (.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out?????????? I have hidden/system files visible They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box 1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena? 2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something) Next time you print to the same folder, take note of what that folder is and then g...

mailbox for only ONE user access
Hi, I have al mailbox and i want only one user that can access it, even not administrator or whoever. How can i do that ? regards, treezer Get the admin to set it up and then get him to change all the administrator passwords, sack him and then no-one will be able to grant themselves access to this mailbox. Obviously that's not something you want to do. You need to have some level of trust in your administrative staff. Ensure that auditing is done on the account and question any convenient deletions or gaps in the logs. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have al m...

updating one field based on another
I have a simple form which has on it not more than a combo box [cboNoteTilte], a text box [txtNoteText], (and 1 or two other irrelevant (to this post) command buttons) The way I want the form to function is that the user selects a value in the unbound [cboNoteTitle], and a related value is displayed [txtNoteTitle] all of the fields used are in the same table, which is the datasource for the table (none of the controls are meant to edit any of the values in any of the fields in OptNotes) ie: table OptNotes has fields: - [OptionId] (which is the bound datasource column in ...

How can I reassemble all the pages and images in ONE *.pub file
Some month ago, I created a web site using Publisher 2007. The "Publisher document" with all its pages images and all was sent to my server and the web site is on the internet. Fine ! After that, my computer crashed and I lost my *.pub file !!!!! I had NO backup for that file. Evrything in on my server where I published the site. Now I want to edit my site, but how can I reassemble all the pages and images in ONE *.pub file again ?? Can someone help me (in english or/ou en français) Merci. pmd What's the URL of the website? "Pierre D" <PierreD@discussi...

How to show fields from another dictionary window in report writer
Hi I'm having trouble with this: I need to display in the "POP Purchase Order Blank Form", the "Approved by" field of the Purchase Order Enhancements window: "POA Approvals Detail Zoom". I got an example of how to do this with Extender (using the rwTableHeaderString function), but I already try it with the Purchase Order Dictionary and does not work. Can someone help me? Any ideas? Thank's Nancy, You can add any field to your Purchase Order Form. All you need to know is what table it comes from, and add the field in Reportwriter from the tool...

Email does't show in Inbox until you click Delete box
Yes this sounds strange, but I have a few users that their NEW emails do not automatically show up in their INBOX until they physically click on their DELETED box. Then all their new emails appear in the INBOX. Anyone see this before? Any suggestions? Thanks, SR Shaena <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes this sounds strange, but I have a few users that > their NEW emails do not automatically show up in their > INBOX until they physically click on their DELETED box. > Then all their new emails appear in the INBOX. Search Microsoft's Knowledgebase ...

Help with printing one name on a report
On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner] that has a row source SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM qryHorseNameActive; And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that I only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so I can change selections to print a Report! Thanks for any Help...........Bob Bob, What is the Record Source of the report. Assuming your report is based on a query, then I think all you will need to do i...

Move a table with LOB data from one filegroup to another.
Okay, I have determined that the method I have found for moving a table from one Filegroup to another (drop and recreate the primary key on the filegroup) does not move LOB data in SQL Server 2005. According to BOL the method for setting this storage is in CREATE TABLE (TEXTIMAGE_ON). So, I am assuming I will have to rename the existing table (I was planning on using sp_rename) and it's index, and then re-creating it on the new filegroup, and then copying the data using insert [tablename] select * from [renamedtable] drop table [renamedtable Which has 'worked...

How to jump to a transaction in list based on first letter typed?
Using MS Money 2003. I noticed that I can't jump to a transaction in the transaction list view based on first letter of payee name. (Similar to going to a file in file explorer based on first letter typed). Is there a quick short cut to do this? I don't want to use the find function because it slows me down. -- Karim Recommended host: http://www.cheapesthosting.com - Affordable hosting since 1998 Click on the transaction you are interested in with the Mouse? I think you are asking for a totally different UI than the one Money actually implements. "Karim" <karim3411@...

saving one worksheet only
hi can someone help me? I need to email an excel worksheet rather than the whole excel work book. any suggestions. many thanks andrewm -- andrewm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ andrewm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23130 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396750 Only in VB(A), but I'm not that strong on excel commando' -- Dnere ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...

Windows does not show applications that can be seen in the Task manager
Hi, The following is the problem I am facing: When I login into my machine, I don’t see any applications/tasks running. However, when I check my taskmanager I can see that the machine has instances of Excel , Internet Explorer and Outlook running. Note that this is not a virus problem. I have a scheduled task that opens these applications every morning before I log into my machine. The scheduled tasks works fine, but the application it starts are invisible to me when I log in. What can I do to make windows explorer show those tasks? Thanks, MG. System: Windows XP, 200...

Outlook 2000 using word as an editor option.
Hello, In our organisation we need to use the "word as an editor" option when using outlook. The strange happening is that every so often the outlook clients default back to the normal setting where word is not used. There is no error messages or nothing. Very starnage!!. Has anyone out there had this happen and if so is there a fix for it. Trev ...

can't open word documents attachments
every so often i am unable to open/ download an attachment in my entourage account. the document will show up stating that it has value, but when i open it/download it, it says there is no value i.e. the document is totally blank. please help, this is driving me crazy! ...

WLM slide show in non-MS clients
This is the message that appears when SeaMonkey email (Mozilla suite) attempts to access the slide show feature in a received mail message. Perhaps other non-MS clients exhibit the same... "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: http://skydrive.live.com/play.aspx?path=/photomail/{3522c02b-5e0e-4204-8f77-d8845575db27}&image=C2CB62EFA8378262!471&imagehi=C2CB62EFA8378262!469&CID=-4410322628620352926 Line Number 72, Column 166: <script type="text/javascript">if(!window["$Config"]) $Config={}; $Config.TraceData={PLTRate:"0&quo...

HELP! Importing a word doc into sub tabs of a workbook.
Hello, I am looking to see if it is possible to inport one or MS Word document /s into a spreadsheet with one workbook and 25 subtabs. I would appreciate anyone's help. Thank you --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can insert a Word document into an Excel workbook, but only one page will be visible. To insert: Select the sheet in which you want the Word document Choose Insert>Object Select the 'Create from File' tab Click the Browse button Find and select the Word document Click Insert Click OK GaryStyc < wrote: > Hello, > I am looking to see i...

eliminate scroll bars where lists are short, show all choices
The example that prompted suggestion is the alignment tab in Format Cell dioalog box. For both Horizontal and Vertical alignment, all but one of the choices will show in the menu at a time. If the choice wanted isn't in view, it adds another step to the process. Why not show all the choices? It's only increases the length by one item. http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:09:01 -0800, "rtejral" <rtejral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The example that prompted suggestion is the alignment tab...

Formula to show numbers except two
Hi, I have this data in column A that changes each time. A 10 15 I have only the first 2 numbers that go from 10 to 17. I need a formula that from A3 on throws all the numbers from 10 to 17 except the first two. For example, in this case, I have numbers 10 and 15, the formula should show: A 10 15 11 12 13 14 16 17 If I had 12 and 17, it shoul show 10, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 16. Hope my question is clear. Thanks Will the 2 numbers ever be the same: A1 = 17 A2 = 17 Will the the 2 numbers *always* be listed in ascending order? Will this ever be a possi...

How to open an old ".doc" file in Word '03 (from about 1993-94)?
I tried to open an old Word file created in an earlier version of MS Word (from about 1993-1994) and ... got an error message that said: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from operating in this version by your registry policy setting." How do I change settings so I can open this old word file in MS Office 2003? See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Bar...

Content-Type for encapsulated emails ?
I need to encapsulate, to wrap the email (Email1) into email2. Email1 is base64-encoded. Which Content-Type...do I need to provide so that double-click on the attachment will make the Outlook/Outlook Express open the attachment as email in separate email ? Is this good : Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name=email ? Do I need to make filename extension .eml ? Yakov "Yakov" wrote in message news:1185804075.830596.127500@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I need to encapsulate, to wrap the email (Email1) into email2. > > Email1 is base64-encoded. Which ...

how can I export data by VBA and specify type of delimitor
I want to export data from excel by VBA and specify to use ',' as delimitor. but I can only export a file rename to .csv. but when I open it, it still a excel file, but not a text file. How can I do it? Million thanks. You could (temporarily???) change your windows list separator: Windows start button|Settings|control panel regional and language Settings Options applet. regional Options tab|customize button List separator near the bottom of the dialog. Or you could use a macro. You could borrow some code from one of these sites: Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/...