Huge header: how can I reduce it?

A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in
the main part, with what appear to be small regions of  header and footer.
However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header
boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the table.
 Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be.

I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that I
couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of
header/footer issues.  I guess this is why.

Anyway, there are two actual text lines in the header.  I need to remove the
second and put it in the main body so that it's easily accessible in a mail
merge.

Any hints about how I could proceed?

(*probably edited in 2007)

David

Often this just means that the vertical alignment for the section has been
set to Center rather than Top.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"David Powell" <DavidPowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in
> the main part, with what appear to be small regions of  header and footer.
> However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header
> boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the
> table.
> Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be.
>
> I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that
> couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of
> header/footer issues.  I guess this is why.
>
> Anyway, there are two actual text lines in the header.  I need to remove
> the
> second and put it in the main body so that it's easily accessible in a
> mail
> merge.
>
> Any hints about how I could proceed?
>
> (*probably edited in 2007)
>
> David

0
Suzanne

Windows says it can't check for updates!
I go to check manually - nothing! I have my settings on automatic updates. What do I do now? Kaz Kaz wrote: > I go to check manually - nothing! I have my settings on automatic > updates. What do I do now? Now? You come back and give some details on your operating system and whatever problem you are having (like "Windows _____ with Service Pack _" would be good, exact messages you get on-screen when you try to update, how you are trying to update in detail, anything you have tried in order to fix the problem yourself, etc.) ;-) If you need some he...

How can I use Avery products with Publisher?
Trying to print some business cards I've designed in Publisher using Avery 5371 Business Cards - but can't seem to set the print settings appropriately. I'm sure there is a magic button I'm missing? thanks! What problems are you having? We've seen so many different issues and I'd rather not have to dust off my crystal ball. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bakubug" <bakubug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6BEF687-C74C-4AF6-95F6-E49252E72C62@microsoft.com... > Trying to print some business cards I've des...

Can I receive an SMS to notify me of new emails
Is it possible to get Outlook to send me an SMS to my mobile to inform me of new emails received Marko wrote: > Is it possible to get Outlook to send me an SMS to my mobile to > inform me of new emails received See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm for some options. ...

Can't see Potential Customers in Offline Mode
When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view them, I cannot see the Potential Customers for the accounts I don't own, even though they are shared out to me and I'm a CRM admin. Why is it doing this? Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Hi, You have to define rules for offline mode in Menu CRM. By default, only rule for "My Account" are defined. Regards, Andrey "Kyle Conquy" wrote: > When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view > them, I cannot see the Potential Customers fo...

ActiveX component can't create object: 'crmaddin.UIUtil' #2
One of our user's outlook keeps getting this error message popup: "ActiveX component can't create object: 'crmaddin.UIUtil'" His outlook on this particular system does not have Outlook for CRM installed. Checked Outlook addins including it's registry for such plugin but there is none shown. I'm unable to find an answer on google. Any1 know any possible solutions? ...

Duplicate Headers
All: When using remote mail, I consistently have duplicate headers downloaded. I download the headers of the messages, mark them to download the full message or to delete the message, and then process it. It processes the ones I chose to delete correctly and downloads the messages correctly. When I chose to download new message headers, any emails that I chose not to delete has its header re-downloaded into my inbox. At this point I have a full version of the message and a header version in my inbox. Any ideas? ...

how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code

Can't Import .pst file
I had to have my laptop repaired. It was suggested that I back up everything before sending it in. So I did. I am now trying to reinstall all the programs and data that was erased during the repair. I backed up my Outlook (before repair) using the Import/Export in Outlook and saved it on DVD. I have been trying to restore the data but it wont let me. If I try to Import from the DVD I get the message: "File access Denied: You don't have the permission required to access the file D:\Outlook.pst." Okay. Than I tried moving the file off of the DVD into my Documents folder on m...

How can I schedule reports to run without opening GP client?
How can I schedule reports to run without opening a GP client? I noticed through Report Scheduler in GP that reports can be scheduled, but to publish them, a user needs to be signed in GP and if the report requires heavy processing, it just consumes the user's computer resources and slows down GP in general. For example, running Payables Historical Aged Trial Balance takes about 20-30 minutes for us to run and it slows down everything, so we can't do this in the middle of the day. Ideally, we should be able to schedule a heavy processing report to run after work hours and wit...

Can you link tables in Publisher?
I would like to link a table in Publsiher so it flows from on page to another. Can seem to find anyway to do this. You cannot do this in Publisher. Word has this capability. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Greenfield" <Greenfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A619EEE-7AA0-422A-AC15-4A26A2986B84@microsoft.com... >I would like to link a table in Publsiher so it flows from on page to > another. Can seem to find anyway to do this. Thank you. At least now I know that I have...

Can't import msg file
Just ran across something that I hope can be fixed. I have a number of saved ".msg" files that I nee to import into Outlook (2003). These files were created using "Save as..." from Outlook 2003 on another machine and selecting the option to save as ".msg". The files import as they should when I drag and drop them into Outlook. However, I managed to break one of them and I don't know how to fix it. I decided to open it with Notepad to take a look at the headers and other info. I did not edit anything at all. Didn't touch it. I simply scrolled up and...

Can't find origination module
In GP 10, we have some invoices we need to delete - errors from when we just started up about a month ago. When we go to Transactions>>Sales>>Posted Transactions, we can bring up the invoice, but when we hit VOID, it gives us this message: "this transaction didn't originate in Receivables Management. Reversing entries will be made in Receivables Management and General Ledger only. Do you want to continue?" We hit NO because we don't want to screw up the system, but then we can't find the invoices anywhere else. We entered them in Transactions>>Sal...

Can't send mails only recv
Everytime I try to send an email, it goes to my outbox but never leaves. I notice that if it is in italics, it will leave but if not, it wont. I have tried re-sending the mail but no luck. I use Outlook 2003 from office 2003 professional on windows XP pro. ...

Can you turn off the graphics in Outlook?
I'm using Outlook 2000 SP3. I get alot of spam and would like to turn off the graphics if possible. -- VSL I don't think you have these options in 2000 but try: Tools>Options>Mail Format>Internet Format and see if the first box is ticked, or Tools>Options>Security>Change Automatic Download Settings. Or Tools>Options>Security>Change Automatic Download Settings and then untick the 'Don't download....' box. Rgds Jess "VSL" wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2000 SP3. I get alot of spam and would like to turn off > the graphics ...

Can I open a .wdb file in Word 2003?
I have an old .wdb file of addresses that I must have created with Works some time ago. After reloading Office 2003 I can no longer open it. Is there a way to convert it to a compatible format? Can I just change the extension? To what? I tried opening it with the suggested programs but all I got was boxes and an occasional letter here and there. On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:51:01 -0800, mhw089 <mhw089@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an old .wdb file of addresses that I must have created with Works some >time ago. After reloading Office 2003 I can no longer...

Cannot create folders then advised they exist (but I can't see them) in Outlook 2007
I am having huge problems creating new folders in Outlook 2007.. I try to add the folder as normal, then receive the message "Cannot create the folder. The operation failed. An object cannot be found", so I try again and it says "Cannot create the folder. The server says "Mailbox Exists". However the folder I have tried to add does not display in the Outlook folders list. So have gone to IMAP folders and completed a search on subscribed folders to see the folder I had tried to add is featured, but does not have an envelope next to it (I assume indicating i...

Repost: Microsoft 2002 won't run on Windows XP, can't get product id for MS Help
After installing Microsoft 2002 on my Windows XP system I get the error "Unable to initialize a required Money component." The Microsoft CHECKSKU program detects, but does not correct, the problem. I cannot create an online help request from Microsoft because I can't get the product id because I can't run Money. Any help anyone can offer? Thanks a bunch! Keith... I found three articles in the MS KB on this. The third one has the checksku stuff, try the first two. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310765 http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Crosstab Query by Week with Dates as Headers
Hi I am trying to write a crosstab query in Access that will give me the totals by week for each person. My data contains a list a people with dates and amounts. Here is a small sample of the data over five weeks for one person. I tried to put it in as a table but it wouldn't let me so spaces are breaking the columns: Date Name Supervisor Manager Amt 03/08/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 3 03/07/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 5 03/04/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 8 03/03/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 5 03/01/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 9 02/28/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 1 02/15/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr...

Can't mount database
I have restored a database from a backup I have set up a server for this purpose. I have named the server and the domain the same as it was on the original server I have forestpreped and given the exchange server the same name as last time "PP" instead of first organization, I problem I had earlier I have eseutiled it with /hm switch, it shows that the data is inconsistent. I have then used the /p and then the d/ and /g switch it then shows consistent. but it still wont mount and if I try isinteg fix alltests it gives this error "Isinteg Cannot Initiate Verification Proces...

Huge Av Disk Queue Length #2
Hi guys We have a 2 cluster Exchange 2003 environment. Approx 150 mailboxes, average 500MB, about 20 or so as large as 3GB. 4 storage groups, 4 mailbox stores per group, each store on it's own physical mirrored disk, logs on seperate physical disks. Compaq servers, dual Xeon, 3GB RAM, fast SCSI disks. The problem we have is occasionaly Outlook will grind to a halt on certain machines, particularly the PA's who have up to 10 shared calenders open. I've set a performance monitor to check average disk queue length on each of the disks. Most are fine and rarely go above 10 or so...

Excel, RAND()....how can one avoid repetition?
Hi everyone, I am using RAND() but not much satisfied. I tried RAND()*RAND() instead! To my suprize, things are better. However, as you know, RAND()*RAND() will exclude visiting some values (Imagine a 2-D chart where X varies from 0 to 1, and so Y). How can I have access to RAND()'s SEED? Someone wrote me this: " Excel uses the classic Monte Carlo sampling method for generating the uniformly distributed random numbers. There is nothing wrong with this except that Monte Carlo sampling does not span the full space of interest unless you do a very large number of repetitions and you...

Excel Charts need to have a funtion where you can Stack and Group
The chart function does not allow to have both stacking and group of data. For example, we want to have 5 Scenarios, each with a !2month Impact, 24month IMpact and a 36month impact, and then have each of these impacts be broken out between Direct and Indirect. Therefore, the Direct & Indirect portions would be stacked upon each other for each time period. then the columns for the 3 time periods would be placed directly next to each other in a group by scenario. THe Scenarios would then all lie next to each other, with a bit of space to show they are different scenarios --------...

Can you redo HITB?
Hello: If the Historical Inventory Trial Balance (HITB) is not matching the Stock Status report, should the initial inventory balance in HITB be reset? I had seen in a TK article that if you want to rerun the HITB Reset tool, you must first delete the contents in the following tables: •SEE99997 •SEE99998 •SEE99999 •SEE30303 Will that help? You see, the client had bogus opening inventory numbers for the report anyway. And, we are at a loss anyway because if we run the HITB for an item and a site, it tells us that the qty on hand should be -13. We pulled all...

Can I reverse order of set of cells if original is left to right .
We obtain data from an instrument into Excel in the opposite order from what we need. Is there any way to reverse the order of the cells, not just transpose from horizonal to vertical, for example, but to physical change the order going from left to right to now going from right to left (not on a graph but in the excel cells.) Not sure I understand what you want, but you can Sort from Left to Right. Go to Data|Sort. When the dialogue box opens, Pick Options in the bottom Left corner. Then, switch to Sort Left to Right. tj "ReverseOrder" wrote: > We obtain data from an in...

Help!!!! Can't right click. #3
yep...I can click in any other program...just isolated to excel. I'm thinking it has to do with code in a macro that I ran at once point and now I can seem to find the macro/code/anything to disable it. -- jersey1000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jersey1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278316 ...