how to put document in magazine format

I am creating a sales magazine for a class project. I am getting info from
different websites. How do I put this info into a magazine format?

"magazine format" could mean just about anything, but quite often, the pages
are laid out with two or three columns of text.  That can be achieved in
Word by setting up the document with Columns via the Format menu in Word
97-2003 or via the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab of the Ribbon
in Word 2007/2010.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Sainthood63" <Sainthood63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am creating a sales magazine for a class project. I am getting info from
> different websites. How do I put this info into a magazine format?

0
Doug

Word was unable to compare the documents
I have two 147 page Word 2007 documents that I am trying to compare that also contain equations. When I try to compare them, Word generates the following error: Word was unable to compare the documents I am not really finding anything useful using Google to search so I am posting here. I did find KB978398, requested the hotfix, and after installing the hotfix I still have the same error. Suggestions? Thanks! ...

formatting #2
I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jackie wrote: > I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to > all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it > will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire > worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi Jackie If you have trouble using macros you can do this ...

Conditional Formatting #89
I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! Do you mean if the data exceeds one year from today? If so, select the target cell, go to Format > Conditional Formatting, choose Formula Is, and put: =$A$1<DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())) Change $A$1 to your actual cell reference. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! >. > Try this in - Conditional Format - Formula Is: =DATE(YEAR(E1)+1,MONTH(E1),DAY(E1))<=TODAY() If E1 was ...

Zoom percentage and formatting palette

report format portrait and lanscape
Is it possible to have one command to change report between portait or lanscape? If not, probably the best solution will be 2 reports. Your information is great appreciated, Your report is probably designed in portrait. This means it is designed to print 8-1/2" - the left and right margins wide. If you change the printout to landscape it is still going to print less than 8-1/2" wide on the left side of the paper leaving more than 3-1/2" blank on the roght side of the paper. To fill the paper you would have to write code to reposition and stretch out each con...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Community bank's new software doesn't export in my format
I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no investments at my age). Two national banks provide exports in .qif format as a matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better) software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats. I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support Money98. The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with Intuit and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want consumers to always upgrade their software.&...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Excel page format changes

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

New Document
Hi, I'm using the MFC document/View architecture, or at least I'm trying to do so. The Image Processing software I'm developing, returns an image (a matrix of points), and other information in a class call Image CImage { //Attributes CArray figure; int tenderness .... } I was wondering to create a new class. let's say CImageDoc : public CDocument, to display and use manipulate my application data. My problem is I can't create an instance of the CImageDoc class, the command CImageDoc myNewImageClass; dosn't work. How do I create a new do...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

conditional formatting: separating rows with differing values
Hi, Need help with conditional fomatting. What I need: I got a worksheet with 950 rows and 5 columns. The first row contain the headers. Columns A, B, D and E contains unique values. But the column C contains text values which repeats sequentially for 6-7 rows and changes thereafter. Now I want to put up a line (using border) through the whole row dividing this transition row. My Idea: Compare C2 with C3, if equal do nothing. Then compare C3 with C4 and so on till 2 consequtive values differ. Now divide the 2 rows using the border formatting option in conditional formatting dialog box. So...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

Converting a number to Hour & Min format
I am attempting to take a basic number, say 2000, and convert the number into an hour and minute format (i.e. 33:33) only. Everytime I use the custom format tab or the time/date tab I get a date included or an AM/PM setting. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, For any number to be converted into time format you need to divide tha number by 24, since Excel time code is 24 (hr) code. then you forma the divided answer (83.33) into time, you will get 8:00 regards sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm In article <...

formatting background on CD label
How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It looks really ugly. Faith wrote: > How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates > of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It > looks really ugly. Instead of using the "background" option (which is more designed for web pages), insert the picture (either on the Master Page, or on the publication page and send it to the back), and resize it to fill t...

Text Function with Different Formatting for Number
I'm trying to use a text function where I reference a number from another cell but I need the text part to be bold and the number not to be bold. This is the formula I'm using right now: ="Sales: "&TEXT(A16,"$#,##0_);($#,##0)") Unfortunately, excel won't let me just make the text bold without making the number bold. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks M, I think a macro could do this, since it's really a string you're going to wind up with. But if you can put the Sales: part in a separate cell, life will be much easier anyway. then you ...

Microsoft Office Cracks when Saving Document
Hi guys! I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720 x 400 the program begins to work without problems. The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC display, but the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to change the video input, and the...

How do I convert a time format to a double
I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a number? Multiply with 24 and format as general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552FAD83-E8D4-4573-B9FF-613DDD259C22@microsoft.com... > I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time > > 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours > > when I get the number for hou...

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?
I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" then the entire row is bold. select your range (multiple rows???). Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =$a3="total" apply a nice format LTShelley wrote: > > I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire > row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" > then the entire row is bo...

Formatting #12
I copied some text (multiple lines) into a cell and I can see all of the text when I am in the cell, but once I click out of the cell, the text "hides" under the next column. I have tried every kind of formatting change that I can think of, but that text will not show, wrap, or justify correctly. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, any suggestions? Maybe setting the wordwrap format|cells|alignment tab|check wrap text You may have to increase the rowheight to see all your text. (and alt-enters will force new lines within the cell (you can break it where you want).) Cherie ...

Date Formatting Problem
Hi I run Excel 2K I download info from the mainframe into a workbook. This information contains a date for each entry. This is the format that the "date" is downloaded in (29:53.0)....when the curser is placed on this example it displays it as 31/07/2009 12:29:53 AM in the "edit bar" of the spreadsheet. I can then format the (29:53.0) to dd/mmm/yy which then reads 31/Jul/09. However in the edit bar still shows it as 31/07/2009 12:29:53 AM. I need to be able to format it so that in the edit bar it only shows the dd/mmm/yy and not have the time format attched to i...

VBA
Received error: Run-time error 1004: Application-defined or object-defined error on line: Excel_Sheet.ActiveSheet.Range(xCellStartSUMMARY2, xCellEndSUMMARY2).Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone any advice? thks test reply. "HFLo" wrote: > Received error: > > Run-time error 1004: > Application-defined or object-defined error > > on line: > > Excel_Sheet.ActiveSheet.Range(xCellStartSUMMARY2, > xCellEndSUMMARY2).Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone > > any advice? > thks > ...

document is slow to print
Can someone please help!! My document takes forever to print or it won't print at all. I have graphics in the document as well as words. I don't have this problem when I print other files, only Word documents. Graphics will take longer to print. If you can compress the graphics it should shorten the printing time. Click on a graphic and on the picture toolbar you will see a small square with arrows pointing on each corner. Click this to compress the graphic. If your document is long, you could try to split it into smaller documents. -- Rae Drysdale "Vivian&qu...

Documenting database model diagram
Hi, I've created typical database model diagram in Visio 2003 EA and need to document it properly. Where can I put field descriptions and is there any way to export diagram to any type of document or print report out. Thanks in advance. IK In Visio 2002 EA, you can double-click the Entity shape and there is a "Notes" tab to put note descriptions. There are also Note tabs for the fields as well. Click on Database \ Report to generate a text report of the database model. -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...