how to put document in magazine format

I am creating a sales magazine for a class project. I am getting info from
different websites. How do I put this info into a magazine format?

"magazine format" could mean just about anything, but quite often, the pages
are laid out with two or three columns of text.  That can be achieved in
Word by setting up the document with Columns via the Format menu in Word
97-2003 or via the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab of the Ribbon
in Word 2007/2010.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Sainthood63" <Sainthood63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am creating a sales magazine for a class project. I am getting info from
> different websites. How do I put this info into a magazine format?

0
Doug

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

SOP Document Lookup Error
Whenever we try using the document number lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry screen in GP8, we get the following message once we click the magnifying glass: Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'Type Name' is out of range in script 'Document_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear this up? This pops up as soon as you click on the magnifying glass, then once you click ok, it pops up 2 more times. Do a query against table SOP10100 and look for any values in the SOP...

Put % in ( )

On outlook mail,What do you put in the incoming and the outgoing
How do you set up outlook mail on in comeing and outgoing mail Server check out this web site to get the correct information to enter: http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp.html "Bruce Duncan" wrote: > How do you set up outlook mail on in > comeing and outgoing mail Server Dear, Add a new e-mail account On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. Do one of the following: If your mail system provider is on the list in the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select the one you want to use and...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

FORMATING COLUMNS..... HELP
I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the data to go into column B -- JTEFUN "JTEFUN" <JTEFUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C5C7A99-E83F-430E-9576-6D1DB57B9311@microsoft.com... >I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the >data > to go into column B > -- > JTEFUN > If you mean that if a user types a lot of data into the one cell and that when they reach 7 characters the rest of the data is automatically inserted into the next cell, then I don't think you can do that....

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

Technical Documentation #2
All, We're getting ready to install Great Plains and I will like to better understand the backend(database) processing of Great plains. I would like to know what each table is and when is it used in the process. Is there any technical documentation that describe the tables and the process. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Jamal Hello Jamal, you may want to refer to the Software Development Kit. If you have access to customersource, you can get it from there. i'll try to look up some more for you. /timber\ On Nov 1, 10:17 pm, "Jamal" <j...@newsgrou...

BULK Conditional Formatting
I've read the posts on conditional formatting for cell colour based o another cell's value (eg. set the conditional formatting to "formul is" and then "=A1>0" and set the colour as red / blue / whatever...) however wondering if I can do this for an entire column withou individually changing the conditional formatting for each cell one b one (as there are over 400 rows). Basically I need a formula that reads the contents of column B for th particular row that is active. Can anyone help -- Rob Moyl ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Requisition Management
I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation could especially use some improvements in this area. For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc: What...

Format Problem
I have a report of a crosstab query. I formatted the left column of the report with Text Align set to Right. The report is chopping off the last character of the term, even if I set the Right Margin to 0.5". Doing so just puts space between the right edge of the border and the end of the chopped word I have played with all of the format settings in the properties with no success. If I set Text Align to Left the word is not chopped, but I would prefer Text Align set to right. Is there a way to fix this format issue with Text Align set to the Right? -- Message posted via http://www.acce...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

Conditional Statements and Time Format
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I need to calculate a range of time in a cell and display a value in another cell. Example is in cell F2 I have a time displayed of 15:34, and in the calculation window it displays as 3:34:00 PM. In Cell F3 I want to display one of three things, "1st shift", "2nd shift" or "3rd shift". Is it possible to use the conditional statements to give me the value of "1st shift" when cell F2 is between >= 07:00 and < 15:00? I can't find anything that speaks to getting thee range information from time. Thanks, Brian ...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

formatting cell in vlookup
HELP I have an excel spreadsheet that is e:mailed to me by my home office. I use the vlookup feature to find the value in cell b from the information in a Proble At times when the answer is N/A and I go to the e:mailed spreadsheet to see if that number is really not there, it is in the e;mailed spreadsheet. If I type over that number in the cell on the e;mailed spreadsheet, then the formula will work in the target spreadsheet, sometimes This e;mailed spreadsheet is at a shared location on a servier, and the items I fix in the e;mailed spreadsheet on my desk top, are not available in any ...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Error: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged".
Hi, When I click Payment Document Setup or Payment Document User Preference in the Purchasing and the sales module then get the eror: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged". Thanks. From your other thread Sadique - You are looking at Payment Document Setup and Payment Document User Preference under Purchasing Setup, correct? There is another Payment Document Setup under Setup>Company in the Administration Setup window in V10 or Tools>Setup>Company>Payment Document Setup in V9. This is the Payment Document Setup I was referring to. Give that a...

How do I hyperlink directly to a section within a Word Document?
I have the need to provide html hyperlinks on our SharePoint portal that will open a Word document and go directly to specific section. I've tried creating anchored links to bookmarks within Word (docx format) but only get as far as having the document open (with a uri like http://portal/requirements.docx#anchor) but it doesn't navigate to the bookmark. Since some of these documents can be quite large, jumping directly to the use case is important. Has anyone else successfully done something like this? Any help is appreciated, Don ...

Copy a formula formatted as Text In Excel
I have a UDF that returns the formula of a given cell in a text format. Is there anyway to have excel recognize that the result of the function is a formula and not text. Once I click on the cell, hit F2 to edit it and then enter, Excel realizes it's a formula and then calculates the value, Nope. The formula in the cell is going to be the UDF--not the what formula string looks like. You could add some more steps. Select the range (if more than one cell) Convert to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values) and finally edit|replace what: = (equal sign) with: = replace all And exce...

Formatting and loss of emails/contacts/etc?
Hi folks, Have to format and reinstall everything ... XP PRO/OFFICE 02 PRO ... I have emails/contacts/etc that I would like to be able take with me when I reinstall ... I can save copies of Excel/Word files to another hardrive. Is there a painless way of saving Outlook email/contact/etc files? Thanks in advance, Debbie The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Just copy and reuse this file after you reformat. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/c...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

Font Format
I have merged two different sets of data where one sheet has names in all caps and the other not in all caps. When I'm doing a pivot table, it is using the names as two different values. There is no option in the font format to make the non-cap names into all caps. How can I make the font all consistent so that it is not appearing as two different values. Thanks! "mira" <mira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A30BAA4-8640-47C2-8B7F-9B777A6A66D6@microsoft.com... >I have merged two different sets of data where one sheet has names in all > caps...

Formatting Numbers to Text or??!!!
I have a spreadsheet that contains the following data: Date Account ID 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 5280-3-01 5/14/08 1030-0-01 5/14/08 1030-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 5/14/08 2101-0-01 When I save it as a .csv file it looks like this: Date Account ID 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 3/1/5280 5/14/2008 1030-0-01 5/14/2...

What's the best format for pictures used in Publisher?
This thread suggests PNG is the preferred format: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.prepress&tid=a70b836f-f21b-44c1-a361-66ba89766785&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1 What's the best format? 1. TIFF 2. PNG 3. JPG Also, is it better to LINK the picture or EMBED the picture? Mr. Analogy wrote: > What's the best format? > 1. TIFF > 2. PNG > 3. JPG PNG is best for non-photographic data or data that need to be modified many times. JPEG is a good format for photographic data that is not modified...

Mail Merge Date Format Problem
Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing the format in Excel first which doesn't work and my PC is set up with UK date as standard. Any ideas how I can change it? Cheers Nick Hi Nick (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when || the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english || format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing || the format in E...