How do insert name automatically atop of each pg of doc?

Hello,
How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting
page numbers?  My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I
have not been able to do so.  This is a new program for me, Word 2007.  I
have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because
for this.

Thanks for your help.

Click on the Insert tab of the Ribbon and then in the Header and Footer
section, click on Header and make your choice from the options presented or
click on the Edit Header button to get a blank header pane in which to
insert the name in the format that you want it.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"sheeba" <sheeba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting
> page numbers?  My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I
> have not been able to do so.  This is a new program for me, Word 2007.  I
> have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because
> for this.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
Doug

How do you automatically record a revision date
Hi, Whenever a worksheet is revised I need to automatically record a new revision date. The next time the worksheet is edited a new date automatically replaces the old date. Thanks for the help, jerry And that's a bad thing?? I don't get the picture. Ideally what you want is a column of revision dates?? It seems that what you want to do is to show the most recent revision date if it's recorded in only one place. What good is an old revision date. As you can see I just don't understand. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Whenever a worksheet is revised I need to a...

Tab Name Change Error .xls] inserted
I have done something to my workbook and don't know how I did it. Everytime I add a new worksheet or rename an existing worksheet, Excel automatically puts ".xls]" in front of the name on the tab. When I attempt to delete .xls] it says that I have now entered an invalid name. Can anyone tell me what I did and how to fix it? Thank you for your help. Close that workbook and go to windows explorer. Traverse to the folder that holds the file. Rename that file so that it doesn't include any [ or ] characters. (Those characters confuse excel.) Alayna wrote: > > I h...

Subquery for column names
I have a database table with a large amount of analytical data in it - all floats but for a timestamp column. Instead of returning the entire set, I want to be able to return specific columns based on a "system" number that is specified as a parameter (in this case it is written in as "S02" for testing purposes) and compare the provided system number with the column names within the table - which is what the subquery currently does correctly. Aside from creating a stored procedure to handle the result and reformat it into a string to then use as a parameter of a ...

Executable Name of Windows Application
How do I retrieve the executable name (along with path) of a windows application using the Win32 API? Raj Well, if the application has a file extension associated with it, you could use AssocQueryString(). Otherwise, I'm not sure. "Marathoner" <rajk2000@msn.com.invalid> wrote in message news:OrM5C$KSEHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I retrieve the executable name (along with path) of a windows > application using the Win32 API? > > Raj > > I solved the problem. The following line of code solves the problem. ::GetModuleFileName(::GetModul...

column names
Another user of an excel sheet I created has changed the column names from the alphabetic ones to numbers making the transfer of cells by thier ref. difficultt . Instead of reading ref A1 for example it shows R1C1. Any ideas how i can change it back - have searched help with no success Go into Tools/Options/General and uncheck the R1C1 reference style box Best rgds Chris Lav "genie" <genie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A88EC58E-39A2-420F-B6D9-D6E412B65DFC@microsoft.com... > Another user of an excel sheet I created has changed the column names fro...

Problem with using named ranges to create charts
In excel 2003 to Define Name I write Names in workbook: Values Refers to: =Sheet1!$B$7:$C$7-Sheet1!$B$3:$C$3 and to SERIES formula I write =SERIES(;;Book1!Values;1) It works perfect in excel 2003. But why it doesn't work in excel 2007? Thanks ...

custom TOC will not update automatically
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I took one of the generated TOC's and changed the styles of the fonts, etc....Everything fell into place, the headers and sub-headers all show up fine but when I make a change to a heading on a page the table of contents does not update and when I go into &quot;index and tables&quot; and check things they have been reset to the default using the default Heading 1, 2 and 3 in the levels, even after I've modified this... and when it asks if I want to update TOC and say yes...The whole TOC defaults back to a preset style...

Friendly Name second request
All I have a need to change how Exchange sends email using friendly names. I know you can disable friendly names, but, I would like to know if there is a way, via AD or somewhere else, that you can modify what exchange uses as the attributes for friendly names. Right now it uses FirstName LastName, could or is there a way we could use say: Custom Attribute #2 ?? The reason I ask this is because, the internal corporate names for some users are not what they want others to read, like full last names for example, others don’t care I need a way to make this happen. Sending only email addresses ...

How do insert a watermark in an excel worksheet
I am preparing draft financial statements in Excel and i want them to have a watermark that says "Draft" on each page when i print them Look here: http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ozias" <Ozias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E008017-96A2-4AAB-B6F7-C906793F671A@microsoft.com... |I am preparing draft financial statements in Excel and i want them to have a | watermark that says "Draft" on each page when i print them ...

automatically add banner graphic to emails
Hi, I�m looking for way or a little add-on that will automatically place specified jpeg or gif banner at the top of each email whenever yo click on New. I thought it would be simple but I�m not having much luc yet. Thanks, Deuc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel (Office XP) secretly inserts personal metadata when closing documents without saving
Because I actually like to know and control when my documents are modified, I maintain digital checksums of all my documents (as anyone should to detect corruption or unauthorized tampering). Yesterday I was sent a binomial distribution table in an Excel document. I opened the document and then closed it without making any changes. The file's last-modified timestamp was unchanged. However, I detected modification of the file by a change in its SHA1 signature. A binary comparison between the original document revealed some minor differences, such as the original author's nam...

Word doc changed to Excel when email
I am using Office 2003. Recently I received an email with a Word 2007 attachment (docx). I noticed that the icon for the attachment shows Excel icon. When I double-click on the attachment, it launches Excel and I can only see garbage as the document is a word document. I asked the sender to send to another friend with Office 2003 but I can see the icon is in Word. Has anyone ever had this before? Please help. Is there any setting on the PC that I need to check? BTW, if the document is in Word 2003, no problem. Your computer thinks it's supposed to use Excel to view a .docx....

automatic query refresh
Hello! I have the following problem : I export data from SharePopint Portal 2003 to excel and enable automatic query refresh. Whenever I open any of the excel files mentioned above, I have to click enable data refresh (every time). In office XP there was a checkbox enabling the "always do the selected operation" feature. In office 2003 there is no such thing but I have to use it because excel XP or 2000 is incompatible with SharePoint (as far as data refresh is concerned). How can I instruct excel to always preform automatic data refresh and stop prompting me everytime I...

Consolidation problem. Adding rows to one tab that automatically add and update on another.
Hi all First post, here goes. I have googled this to no avail, perhaps you can help? I have a problem that I am trying to solve, it's hard to explain so I have produced a video of the problem and put it on YouTube, or perhaps you are able to follow my text below without the video? If you search for 'paulonthetube' on YouTube, you will find my video. I have four tabs in a spreadsheet. The first tab is a consolidation tab. More on that one later. Tabs 2-4 are my quotes (1-3) and include items, codes, quantity, unit cost, total unit cost, gross price and total gross price. Norma...

SUM across named sheets
I'm trying to get a sum of cell ranges from (named) sheets. For example I have sheets named for the week days: Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday In each sheet I have employees and hours. I would like to do a SUM of all hours worked for an employee in all the sheets. In OpenOffice I can reference a cell in a different sheet: Sunday.A1 My question, how do I refer to a cell in a different (named sheet) in Excel? I'm thinking something like =SUM(Monday.B7:B45,Tuesday.b7:b45,Wednesday.b7:b45,Thursday.b7:b45,Friday.b7:b45,Saturday.b7:b45,Sunday.b7:b45) would wo...

When run the paramaeter query it shows #name
Hello, When I run find form ( a parameter qeuery), it opens the form for the record, but for some fields it shows #Name. Can anyone help me what goes wrong?, I have check the control, nothing wrong with the name of the control source With many thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 19:01:05 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >When I run find form ( a parameter qeuery), it opens the form for the >record, but for some fields it shows #Name. > >Can anyone help me what goes wrong?, I have check the control, noth...

Changing the name in the from field
I have set up a distribution list and would like to have just the name of my orgination to show in the From field when items are sent out and not my personal name and e-mail address. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Allen Thanks Tom, but I do not see what your asking me to look for. I'm using Outlook XP and when I look in the e-mail accounts (I think that's what your asking me to do) I find no 'General tab', no 'Properties' for my mail profile. So I'm still at a loss at what to do. I do want to than you for your help. "Tom - www.tditcorp.com" wr...

Download ISINTEG.DOC
Hy, I want to download the file ISINTEG.DOC from internet, because not found my CD. Can send to g-miranda@bol.com.br? Regards, Gustavo ...

Inserting an Excel Worksheet into an Access form
I'm working on a project that records various metrics and displays them in a crosstab type format (date/year as column headings and metric, business unit as rows). I'd like to insert an excel worksheet in the access form to display the results of the crosstab query. So far I haven't been able to make this work. I inserted the Excel sheet as an object and set the row source type to table/query. I then pointed the row source to the appropriate query. Thus far I am only able to populate the A1 cell, nothing more. Am I missing something or is there a good reference ...

automatic backup? 2007 version
With Word, I can to Options/Advanced/Save and choose to Always create backup copy. Then, every time I resave a Word 2007 doc, I get the backup with a ..wbk file extension. I just can't figure out how to do the same with Excel. There is no comparable Options/Advanced/Save choices. I do see in Word the AutoRecover option in Options/Save- though there is something weird about that because it has for a default AutoRecover file location: C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ but I can't find the AppData folder unless it's hidden. In the Excel help file- it has ...

Row Insertion Error
Hi all, I'm having a problem with Excel 2000 when I am trying to insert a new row in the middle of an existing worksheet. I keep getting an error message that says: "To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblack cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select A1, and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or, you can move the data to a new location and try again." The worksheet goes down to row 18398, and I have tried deleting and clearing every cell below and to the right of this ...

Read the domain name in windows.
Hello NG, our company has developed a copy protected application. One option is to bind a license on a domain name. Therefore the domain name must be read. Now, my problem is to read it on all windows versions. 1. I have found an Api in windows.h GetComputerNameEx(ComputerNamePhysicalDnsFullyQualified, sRetval_Name, &lSizeOfName); But it seems that this Api is not available on Win95-WinMe 2. Another possibility is WMI (VB Code): Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Account", , 48) Wscript.Echo "Domain: " & objItem.Domain But I cannot expect...

Automatically Put a Value in a specific cell.
Here is what I have: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("S7:S37"), Target) Is Nothing Then Worksheets("Daily Log of Students Seen").Range("S38").Value = ActiveCell.Value End If End Sub But, this causes Cell S38 to equal the cell in the target range that is entered. I actually want something else to happen. Once I intercept a cell in the target range and change it, I want Cell S38 to take the value of the changed cell once I exit it. -- Thanks Shawn If you want S38 of the dail...

short-cuts for inserting columns and rows?
Hey guys (and gals) What are the short cuts, please, for inserting columns and rows? .. to save me time, so that I don't have to do 'Insert > Column / Row'... Many thanks. Richard. Click on a Row/Column header and do CTRL + + or CTRL + - -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Select Names list
When I open the Select Names list from the New Message box it displays the name as First Last, instead of Last, First as set in Contacts. This information is coming from the Subject field of the All Mail Fields in the Properties box. How do I get the Select Names to display and sort by the name field from Contacts? Any help appreciated, Bob Weeden Go to Control Panel-> Mail-> E-mail Accounts-> View or change existing directories or address books-> select Outlook Address Book-> Change. At the bottom you can set the way the names are sorted. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij....