How do I spell out page numbers in header?

I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my header/footer
using this format?

This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update
the field.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my
> header/footer
> using this format?

0
Suzanne
6/3/2010 6:22:48 PM
But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the formatting
will not be reflected in a table of contents or cross-reference.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has it).
> Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to display the
> { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \* FirstCap }, then
> Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update the field.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
>> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my header/footer
>> using this format?

0
Stefan
6/4/2010 6:14:20 PM
Nor would you want it to be in this instance, surely.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the
> formatting will not be reflected in a table of contents or
> cross-reference.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
>> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
>> it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
>> display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
>> FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to
>> update the field.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page
>>>Two).
>>> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my
>>> header/footer
>>> using this format?

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 10:34:55 PM
I think you are right, but we don't know for certain.

--

> Nor would you want it to be in this instance, surely.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the
>> formatting will not be reflected in a table of contents or cross-reference.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
>>> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
>>> it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
>>> display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
>>> FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update
>>> the field.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>>> Words into Type
>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>> http://word.mvps.org
>>>
>>> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan

Getting appts to print on one page
I am using calendar assistant to print multiple overlaid calendars at once on letter size paper. All the appointments show up on the first page, except for one. This one pushes to a second monthly page duplicating the first. ie - I get two November 2009s - one with all appts except one and the other page with only the one rogue appointment -- Thanks, Alison ...

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

Odd Looking Number
Hi I am using a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 on Windows XP, for some reason the account numbers (which someone input, along with addresses) have a little green mark in the corner of the cell. I thought it was to show that there is a comment, but it is not. When you click on the cell, a little warning sign shows, saying ERROR - number in this cell formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe. When I click on the arrow by the warning sign, it says Number stored as text Convert to number Ignore error Edit in formula bar Error checking options Show formula in audinting toolbar Now I l...

Header & Footer #2
I often get files from other users who do not maintain the headers footers properly. Is it possible that we adjust the Header and/or Footer for on worksheet and the Header and/or Footer is automaticcaly updated for al other worksheets in the same file. It would save a lot of time, sinc otherwise you have to go to all the worksheets and make the change manually. Thanks in advance. PS: Using Excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Group the sheets first(right click on a sheet tab and choose"Select all sheets") Change the header in File Page Setup Ungroup t...

Numbers turn red when equals to 0
Good day, Im monitoring our stock inventory using excel, i just want to know if I can make a certain cell turn red if my inventory is >5 or equal to zero.? Thanks -- shiela21cute ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shiela21cute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33169 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=529926 Check out Conditional formatting Ed -- EdMac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Hyperlinks into VISIO page
While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another visio file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing) the html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of document (like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be open to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for creating this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't seem to work for VISIO? Thank you. (and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no answer - this is the third...

Printing odd pages in booklet format
I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out for the life of me in Publisher... I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter, landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11). However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the...

Publisher 2007: How do I change dates on calendar page in newslet
I'm creating a newsletter. I added a calendar page. In previous versions of Publisher, I was able to get to Calendar Options to change the month. In Publisher 2007 when I insert a calendar page into a newsletter, I can no longer access the Calendar Options task pane. Please describe how to change the dates. The calendar wizard is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future service pack. Meanwhile you will have to manually change the calendar dates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" &...

Front Page 2003
I have just had my old laptop data transferred to anew laptop and on attemptiing to load Frontpage 2003 i am told they found that the disc was cracked and unusable. I have 2002 Version which is now loaded but wish to upgrade to get back to 2003. i cannot appear to find a copy of Frontpage 2003 which I can download anywhere (I have my product key is it is all legal) - has anyone any bright ideas how I can get aroud this problem and where I can get a copy of 2003 from please??? Help!!!! -- Rod You might find a copy on E-Bay or Amazon. FrontPage is no longer supported ...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

CPropertySheet
.... again ... but none of the answers I can find is useful ... The documentation for CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext says you can insert a page like this: // Since CPropertySheet() always adds new pages to the end of // its propertypage list, we have to remove all pages starting // at index 1 (original location for the second page). Then, // add them back one at a time. for (int i = 1; i < count; i++) sheet->RemovePage(i); for (i = 1; i < arr_size; i++) sheet->AddPage(m_PropPageArray[i]); However this doesn't work. The reason it doesn'...

P2002 S-L-O-W on Page Change
Recently "upgraded" to Publisher 2002 from Publisher 2000. A three-page document now requires about 45 seconds to switch from one page to another. One of the pages has about 12 text frames and 3 photos. I copied the file and removed all frames. Same delay. (And this file, that now has no visible content, has a size of 2.2MB.) This behavior is identical on two machines (removed 2002 from one machine and installed on another.) First machine is W2K, 600MHz, 256MB. Second is XP, 2.3GHz, 512MHz. Is this video related? Both machines have 64MB display cards. All Office, OS,...

Rotating page numbers
I have a document with both page layouts (landscape and portrait) however the page numbers obviously will be pointing in the direction of the associated layout does anyone know how to be consistent in this? ...

Set print width to page width in VBA
IF I set the width, e.g. ActiveWorksheet.PageSetup..FitToPagesWide = 1 It automatically makes it 1 page tall, not good on long sheets, how do I set it to scale 1 page wide and however many pages tall? -- A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer. I recorded a macro when I did it manually. These are the lines that I'd keep: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .Zoom = False .FitToPagesWide = 1 .FitToPagesTall = False End With Trevor Best wrote: > > IF I set the width, e.g. > > ActiveWorksheet.PageSetup..FitToPagesWide = 1 > > It automat...

Puzzled by HPPT post Request Headers not arriving
Problem with HTTP Request Headers I have an app that uses an HTTP Post to send some stuff to a server and get some data back. It works OK but I would like to save bandwidth by compressing the return data. My problem is that the header that I want to send, to allow compression on the server, is not being received by the server. I have patched the serverscript to reflect back the headers and neither of the header strings seems to have got there. The post string itself gets there, but the 'Accept-Encoding' header does not. Please, what am I doing wrong? The code that tries...

Finding unique numbers in a column
Is there any way to find the number of unique values among a set o values in a column in an excel sheet. I would also like to know th number of times each value appears in the column. Thank -- coolkid39 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- coolkid397's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37924 There was also a similar thread under Excel Worksheet functions titled "Delete duplicates". Solution provided was to use: Data>Filter&g...

Sequential numbering of invoices
I have recently downloaded an Excel template for invoices from Microsoft's website. Is there any way to fix it so that every time I create a new document based on this template, it automatically gives it an invoice number one greater than the previous invoice (eg, starting at 100 and then the next one I open would be 101, then 102 and so on)? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nick Xylas" <nickxylas@wmconnect.com> wrote in message news:1180551140.693535.260930@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have recently download...

move page from one document to another
I need some "fast" help! I have never worked in Publisher before, but need to get a project done for an organization I work for. I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to basically "copy" from one document to another. HELP!! kdramirez <kdramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another >document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to >basically "copy&qu...

Convert a number to a time
I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number? Depending what you wish to do excel stores times as well as dates as numbers, with 1 being a full day. An option is to divide everything by 24 and use a custom format of dd hh:mm although this will express the hours as days and hours It depends what you want to do really -- Dav --------------...

How do I get the printer to start at a spicific page.
Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to start from the first page instead of the 20th page. How do I get the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and continue? -- Thank You Smitty wrote: > Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I > try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to > start from the first page instead of the 20th page. How do I get > the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and...

Emailing a multi-page newsletter as the message
This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program. Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased. Look for something later this week. Right now I have to prepare a mailing list with 1700 people for a mail merge. I'm a bit busy right now. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was ve...

How can I write in a text in a cell using numbers and the letters.
I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 is one fo them but when I try to enter another code it makes the code a formula and it changes to 5.11E+09 why is that? I tried changing it by formatting cells to text, but that doesn't change it. Waht can I do? Clear the data, change it to text, and then enter it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C474C50-E47D-43EB-A4F0-B4D21141E39F@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 i...

copy/paste into excel changes numbers into date format
I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into excel. Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) Excel (2003) always converts this number to date format no matter what I format the cells as. I have been unsuccesful in converting back to the same format. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks Hi try formating the cell s as 'Text' before pasting the values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rufus wrote: > I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into > excel. > > Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) &...