How do I spell out page numbers in header?

I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my header/footer
using this format?

This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update
the field.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my
> header/footer
> using this format?

0
Suzanne
6/3/2010 6:22:48 PM
But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the formatting
will not be reflected in a table of contents or cross-reference.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has it).
> Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to display the
> { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \* FirstCap }, then
> Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update the field.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
>> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my header/footer
>> using this format?

0
Stefan
6/4/2010 6:14:20 PM
Nor would you want it to be in this instance, surely.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the
> formatting will not be reflected in a table of contents or
> cross-reference.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
>> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
>> it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
>> display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
>> FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to
>> update the field.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page
>>>Two).
>>> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my
>>> header/footer
>>> using this format?

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 10:34:55 PM
I think you are right, but we don't know for certain.

--

> Nor would you want it to be in this instance, surely.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the
>> formatting will not be reflected in a table of contents or cross-reference.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
>>> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
>>> it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
>>> display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
>>> FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update
>>> the field.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>>> Words into Type
>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>> http://word.mvps.org
>>>
>>> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan

Question with UpdatePanel Partial Page postback
Could Some help: I have a page with a (gridview nested within a gridview) in an UpdatePanel (UpdateMode="Conditional"). The nested gridview drops down when you click on an arrow and then you can click on each subgrid rows command field. The gridviews are loaded from the Page_Load event. When I click on the commandfield in the subgrid the Page_Load fires during the partial page postback. From what I have read this is normal with UpdatePanels. But What I don't understand is why both Page.IsPostBack and ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page).IsInAsyncPostBack test...

Blank email headers
Our company has 4 PCs all running Outlook 2003 - we have no server. Each PC accesses the same email account at our ISP and each version of Outlook is set to not delete email from the server. Consequently everyone sees all the email for the company. Our company has several clients who use yahoo to send us data files. When received, on some PCs the emails are fine, but on others we end up with blank sender and subject fields and the data is in hex in the body of the email. I have tested this problem as follows: 1. I accessed my Yahoo account and send email to the company account with a small ...

Printing Tiles have Page 1 ... Page 2 ...
We've received Excel files that take more than one page to print. Each page on the screen (not on the printout) has a numerically-ordered "Page x" as a watermark in the center of the page in 1" tall gray letters. It scrolls up and down with each page, each page having its own page number. These numbers appear to be added by Excel automatically when a file will take several pages to print. They don't show up when it is only one file. How do we get rid of this large watermark text? Thanks! Steve Hi goto 'View - Normal' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt...

remove shading on side of page
I have a file that was converted to word 2007 which resulted in a vertical shading on about 1/4 of the page. I have looked everywhere and am unable to find or remove the shading. Any suggestions? The shading is probably the area reserved for "balloons" when Track Changes is enabled. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cathyh" <cathyh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D77B6BB2-D2FF-4A63-951E-DAA69F16E095@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was converted to word...

how do I re-size my web page?
I have designed a web page using excel to use as a eBay template. After I incorporate the html into eBay's html editor I get a large amount of blank space to the right of the page. Is this a margin issue? I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

How to choose multiple itmes from a Pivot Table Page drop down men
Is there a way to change the way the drop down menus on the Page area of a pivot table work? The default is to be able to choose one item or all items. I would like to be able to choose multiple items from the drop down menu as you can with items in the row area. Thanks in advance for any help! Mike... You can double-click on the page field button. Then, in the Hide Items list, select the items you want to hide Or, drag the page field to the Row area, and select items from the field's dropdown list of items Then, move the field back to the page area. Michael wrote: > Is ther...

sql request to return port number
Hello, I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is 1433). Thanks for your help Hi You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file "Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b03f777$0$19300$426a34cc@news.free.fr... > Hello, > > I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would > return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is > 1433). > > Thanks for your help > Hi, ...

Autofilter headers with dynamic html

Page Formatting
In Excel, is there a way to format all of the pages within a workbook the same without having to each sheet individually? If you group the sheets (I assume you mean sheets when you say pages) by clicking the first sheet tab, hold down shift and click the last sheet tab, do your formatting and then right click one sheet tab and select ungroup Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sarah Hoey" wrote: > In Excel, is there a way to format all of the pages within a workbook the > same without having to each sheet individually? Thank you - that will save time! "Peo Sjoblom" wrot...

how to apply a desgin in second page
It only works on first page. I don't want copy from the first, I want different in each page. Is it possible? If you are using a template design for each page then the best way would to have two instances of Publisher open, copy from the first Publisher and then paste into the second. What you are trying to do is not exactly clear... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mingstar" <mingstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7008B80-4CD5-4486-83CA-8D9FF735C1A1@microsoft.com... > It onl...

IE 6 send page... problem
Hi all expert I would like to know why the send page... function in IE is sometime not function with outlook 2k3 In some web page, i can use the Tools -> Mail and news -> send page ... to attach the whole web page, but some web page may simple attached a html file in the email. Anyone know why or know how to solve it? Thanks BT Usually you would use File | Send Page via email. Some pages can't be sent inline so are sent as attachments. What default email format are you using ? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Barry" <barrytsiu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ek3...

Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 HELP', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D
I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Please copy and paste the error message into the body of your post . . . not the "Subject" line - it got truncated. "valeria migelson" <valemigelson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eW$sk6#kKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Judging by the fragment of the error message you have in the subject = line, it looks like you have the wrong settings for Gmail. Use these: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answ...

Match Function Problem
I'm having trouble with the Match function in Excel XP. I have a list of numbers from 0.01 to 125.00 and I'm telling the match function to look down the column and find specific numbers based on user input. The problem I'm having is that certain number work and other don't...I've tried reformatting the user input cell and the Match table to every format I can think or including text and I can't get it to work. I've verified that all the numbers I'm working with are limited to just 2 decimal places. Any help??? PE, Post an example of your data, and th...

Numbering Lines and Paragraphs
I'm using MS 2007. I'd like to number the lines of a doc, but restart the numbering with each new paragraph. The only options I see are: Continuous Restart Each Page Restart Each Section Suppress for Current Paragraph Is there any way I can change the settings, short of making every paragraph it's own section? (I'm doing some editing for a project and we use shorthand to reference where to make changes, such as: P10 L15 [paragraph 10 line 15]) Thanks! To clarify... I also need the line numbering to start new at each paragraph so in the example (...

apply same custom header to all sheets in a workbook
Is there a quick way to apply the same custom header to all sheets in a workbook? Hi! Not clear what you want. If it is a header (as in View> Headers and footers) this route wil give you headers which print out on each sheet. If it is a heading which is visible on screen for each sheet then: select the first worksheet you want the heading on: with the shift key depressed, select he last sheet for the heading. Now put the heading in the visible sheet (formats, text etc). This will replicate in the other selected sheets. Exit by clicking on one of the other worksheets. BE CAREFUL NOT ...

Spell Check in Protected Work Book
Hi, How can I leave spell check available for a range of cells while protecting the rest of the sheet? Hi Chris. I have just conducted a simple test whereby I restricted access to 3 cells but left the rest of the Worksheet available for edit. In the above circumstances the Spell Checker is greyed out so it appears that you are not able to do what you are looking for. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "ChrisK" wrote: > Hi, > How can I leave spell check available for a range of cells while protecting > the rest of the shee...

new live mail client acting differently
o just installed new windows live pkg today.. including live mail. live mail now acts differently. don't understand how to do what I need. 1.) the new client now grays out my subject and date field in the top pane (not just after I have pulled up the msg in the reading pane). like I would really like it to. *saw how to set up a color coded mail rule but this isn't helping me. 2.) the color is too light in the top pane. I can't see it on my monitor and need to knock it down a little or recolor it to something I can see. how can I do this? 3.) is there a way...

Subtotals by Page
I have a report that has an [hours] field. I have a totals field in the report footer that calculates the total hours for the whole report (about 1200 records), but I also need a subtotal for each page. The grand total in the report footer works fine, but any calculation I put in the page footer returns an error. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Terry On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:42:05 -0400, TDS wrote: > I have a report that has an [hours] field. I have a totals field in the > report footer that calculates the total hours for the whole report (about > 1200 records), but I...

Rows to Repeat on Top of everypage EXCEPT for two pages
I am publishing a price book that has a cover page and seven pages where I want the rows to repeat at the top and a final page. I do not want the "repeat at top" to work on the cover page or the final page. Try this: 1) present the Sheet by Page Layout (in order to show the page numbers a water marks). 2) Select the to be printed range from page 2 until page n-1. 3) Go to file > page definition > declare the rows to be repeated + The renge to be printed (from page 2 to page n-1). 4) After Printing all pages with the repeated lines + go and print page 1 and p...

CRM 3.0 change the format of the of the phone number
I load all phone number with the format +41 44 123 45 67. After usign German SFO clients some of the phone number have been changed on teh CRM server to +41 (44) 123 45 67 (additional parenthesis) and some have been changed to 41 44 123 45 67 (lost +) How can I tell CRM or the SFO client not to change the format of phone number? Anyone have a solution for this? "brunost" <brunost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE0BBFA-F583-4E26-ADE7-68E4F8BDAB19@microsoft.com... >I load all phone number with the format +41 44 123 45 67. > > After usign German...

starting page number
Can anyone tell me how to change the starting page number in Pub 2002? In earlier versions it's straight forward, but in 02 I can't work it out with help or the manual. I've sorted it out thanks - insert section ...

Auto Numbering 09-13-05
I would like to create an auto number field to be used as a customer number. I would have thought this would be a common requirement. Is this possible. thanks in advance Todd this is a common issue and the way to achieve it is to use post callout code which finds the last number used and then calls back into the crm application layer to update the record. here is some example code for crm 1.2 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp "Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89FA...

possible to check a cell for both even number and positive number.....
I have found a workable formula to check for even numbers but I am not being sucessful in having it also check for positive numbers..... I am using the following data verification statment to check for even numbers and it works fine..... =MOD(G17,2)=0 problem is that the number they are supposed to enter has to be a positive number because negative numbers are invalid data in this application. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Try this one. =IF(AND(MOD(G17,2)=0,G17>0),"True","") HTH John "M G Henry" <mr_mikehenry007@hotmail.com> wrote in message new...

first row on all pages
My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2 The spread sheet goes through column AD When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not work. The data is only printed on page 1 Any suggestions Gladys Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description......... Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method instead. Can be found at Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal. Merged cells cause no end of proble...

Maintain the same number in a spreadsheet
I use a spreadsheet to calculate my contract price for a bid. I would like to maintain the same price amount with a formula that would automatically adjust the percentage of profit up or down when a direct cost in the spreadsheet amount is changed. For example; if I have a bid price of $1000 with a 10% profit ($100)and the price of an item that is part of the direct cost goes from $50 to $60 the percentage woud autamatically adjust my profit from 10% to 9%, decreasing my profit to $90, accounting for the additional $10 of direct cost, but the bid price would remain at $1000. On Mon, 29 Mar 201...