How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?

I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet.  Help!

Thanks : )
0
Denise

Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b)
Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In
the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab,
check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer
empty.

If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on
Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering"
setting from "Continue from previous section" to "Start at" and select 0 as
the starting number.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Denise" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the
>cover sheet.  Help!
>
> Thanks : )
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.pagelayout/

0
Suzanne

Excel 2007 Non-responsive
Background: The issue is on a Vista system running Office 2007. The user is creating an excel workbook with 5-7 worksheets. The 1st 2 worksheets have 1000 - 6000 records, the rest of the sheets are graphs and charts that are created from those records. In one of the charts she is creating a dot diagram which has 1000-6000 dots plotted on it. Issue: The spreadsheet with the graphs are changing each time the document is closed and reopened (dots are changing locations) and the workbook is constantly becoming non-responsive. Please advise on what could be causing this issue. Thank you. ...

New Sheet on Open Gone
Hi, I did something to the excel on my machine that caused it to not open a blank sheet when I start a new session. What can I do to set it back? Could someone assist? Thanks, Eloy If you have "/e" at the end of your Excel shortcut's command line, that causes no default workbook to appear at startup. If you type "excel" (no quotes) in Start->Run and do get a workbook that is the answer. Otherwise it may be a default template problem. If you see any workbooks/templates in either of your XLSTART folders that you don't recognize you might try moving ...

Remove Test Drive requires app launch
Hi, I was having trouble getting the Remove Office tool from Office 2004 Test Drive to work. It searched the drive and offered to remove components of Office 98 and Office 2001. When I clicked Continue to accept the defaults, it told me "You have chosen not to remove any Microsoft Office items." It turns out that the Remove Office tool does not find Office 2004 Test Drive unless some application from the test drive has been launched. I ran Word one time, quit as soon as it finished loading, and voila, the Remove Office tool "found" it and did the removal as desired. S...

=?windows-1252?Q?Vendor_is_replacing_damaged_inventory_=96_proper_pro?= =?windows-1252?Q?cedure=3F=3F?=
I=92d like to know the proper procedure for returning damaged vendor items after the vendor invoice has been posted and the vendor is replacing the damaged goods. First, I need to create Purchase Return of Return w/Credit correct? I need to take the damaged goods out of sellable inventory and I know Return w/Credit credits inventory and debits accounts payable. The choice of Inventory is reserved for specific inventory types, that is it has to be an Adjustment, Transfer, Variance or a return of goods from customer so if the item was not sold and returned my only choice is Return w/Credit. ...

Access 2007 Side Bar Lock
Is there any way for me to lock out the sidebar of a mdb file I am working on. I am planning on passing it out to users and don't want them changing any of my work. Any and all comments are appriciated. Thanks! Dan You can set the properties of the application to hide the sidebar - otherwise known as the Navigation Pane. Click the Office button at top left, choose Access Options bottom, choose Current database from list on left near the top, choose Navigation pane and set it to hide the nav pane. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia ...

Universal "Look For" to get to a contact from any page
I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in CRM. It would save time. Thank you for listening. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

EPM 2007 compatibility with OS7, IE7 and other
Hi, I need to know if EPM 2007 is compatible with the new OS7, MS Office 7 and 10, IE7 and IE8, Citrix and Virtual PC. Can someone please advise on this? Thanks Laguna this is documented on TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/projectserver/bb267358.aspx#tab=1 -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "laguna" <laguna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69516F6D-3508-4364-8C42-A648C7804FE0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to know if EPM 2007 is compatible with the new OS7, MS Office 7 and > 10...

Access 2007 Runtime with Sharepoint Lists
Hi, I'm wanting to do a list in MOSS Sharepoint 2007 / Access 2007 that uses the feature that enables access reports to be viewed from within sharepoint by clicking on the View Menu. I have it all working well with the Access 2007 database linked to the sharepoint list. Does anyone know if I can do the same solution using an Access 2007 runtime database? The rest of the users in the company don't have 2007 yet, and as I can't install Runtime on the same PC as full Access 2007 I can't test it. Thanks Have you tried starting up as a runtime version? Make a shortcut and adjust ...

Removing all embedded fonts
I have a customer who is working with publisher 2000. She has a fair book that is passed between several editors each year. Over time alot of fonts have been embedded in the files to the point that the file is nearly unusable. Is there a was to remove all embedded fonts that are not native to publisher 2000? Thank You, Hi John (john@nwcss.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a customer who is working with publisher 2000. || She has a fair book that is passed between several || editors each year. Over time alot of fonts have been || embedded in the files to the point that t...

macro & selecting multiple sheets
Ok, I have pondered this and scratched my head until i've lost some hair. I have a workbook, this workbook represents a payperiod, with up to 40 sheets named by the employee's name that relates to that sheet (the data is obviously different, but the format does not differ). I also have a totals page I use to calculate cost, hours and a few other issues. The problem is, I need to reformat all of this information for a payroll transmittal in an entirely different format, I have created a macro which does this by automatically coping, pasting, and deleting a sheet one at a time. My qu...

How to input text into MS Excel 2007 using speech recognition
Running Windows Vista with Office 2007. I can input numerical data into a worksheet using speech recognition by using the "type" command, but it will not accept text...unless I spell it out. Has anyone tried to do this before? Thanks. ...

How to remove page numbers from the display?
I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this display of page number? This is a feature of View|Page Break Preview. Can you just go back to normal? View|Normal Dale Bedford wrote: > > I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle > of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this > display of page number? -- Dave Peterson Dale, You are most likely in the Page Brake Preview mode. To switch to the normal m...

Group Header & Force New Page Before
Is there a way to force a new page for a group header, but only *after* the first page of the report? -- Thanks tbl -- Thanks, tbl ...

W-2 Printing
We're selecting individual employee ID's and Client IDs wihen printing W-2's when we trace it the server is grabbing all employee ids anyway. Is there any way to force the server to actually use the passed employee ids? GP 7.5 MS SQL server Thanks, GTM ...

Varying minimum on charts w/o changing for each chart
Hi-- I make an xy scatterplot and then use the one graph to look at many columns of data (I just move the blue box from column to column). Each column has values that are fairly consistent, but the values vary dramatically among the columns of numbers. For that reason, I need to minimum value to vary. Sometimes (magically), in a given graph, the minimum value on the y axis shifts to reflect the data (eg numbers from 50-100, minimum of 45) as I shift among columns, but other times, on diffferent graphs on different spreadsheets, the minimum is 0 when I set it as auto. What I can't figur...

how can I close follow up reminder window?
My computer froze while I had a follow-up reminder window open in Outlook. When I restarted the computer, the contact linked to the reminder had been erased but the reminder window keeps coming back every time I open Outlook and I can't seem to delete it. What must I do? Close outlook and restart it using the /cleanreminders switch. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm if you need help using switches. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

MS Money 2007 automatic software update problems
I am having the automatic update problem with Money 2007, in which every time I start it up, it prompts me for the update even though it has already been through it and supposedly "successfully" updated. I found the post suggesting uninstalling IE7, and I tried that, but to no avail. I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions. I found my update log, and will post it here: Date: 07/28/2007 (mm/dd/yyyy) Time: 02:31:56 (hh:mm:ss) Entering mnyupdate.exe Parsing cmdline ParseCmdLine: CmdLine = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2007\mnyupdate!@#@.exe" /p:0x688 /a:"C:\P...

Page Numbering #2
I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait. Does this make sense? I need the page number on the side of the page not the bottom. Hi, Excel does not have such an options, sorry If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Bmxmom" wrote: > I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page > number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait. > Does this make sense? I need the page numbe...

removing "Recent Documents" from Access 2007
Does anyone know how to remove the words "Recent Documents" from the Office menu? (Not the actual documents themselves but the words "Recent Documents".) ds dstork@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know how to remove the words "Recent Documents" from the > Office menu? (Not the actual documents themselves but the words > "Recent Documents".) > > ds Why would you want to do that? Because the "Recent Documents" has no meaning to the user's of this particular app I'm working on. So no ideas then? A quick search via Goo...

Windows Media player
After opening Windows Media Player but before running an audio or video file, I have observed the following: Write to disk, pause, write to disk, pause, etc. The writes to disk never stop! How does one stop the writes to disk? ...

Remove Filters from all sheets
I have multiple sheets in my workbook and they are all often filtered for certain results. However, when I want to seach the workbook as a whole, it will only search through the filtered results - therefore I am having to go to each sheet and clear the filters in order to search the whole workbook. Is there a way to do this en masse for all sheets and all columns? Thanks in advance for your help! magmike magmike brought next idea : > I have multiple sheets in my workbook and they are all often filtered > for certain results. However, when I want to seach the workbook as a > whole,...

MSVDM Virtual desktop removes ALL menus & toolbars
When you switch desktops using the MSVDM powertoy, with Excel 2003 open, after returning to the desktop where excel was open, ALL toolbars & Menus have been removed leaving just the bare sheet and the formula bar! I can not get microsoft to agree this is a fault, and there is no notification or update regarding this fault on the powertoy webpage. Other users are also seeing this, if you search google for msvdm and excel, you will see several site reporting this problem, but nothing on MS's knowledgebase! This is a great Powertoy, shame it doesn't work properly with excel ! P...

Find all text instances in a sheet and add one number from each row
I'm trying to have a folmula on a sheet that will look back at another sheet and find all the instances of a text string and then add a numeric value on that row with all the numbers that contain the same text. For instance I have a summary sheet that lists test names and the total hours associated with that test. I want to look back at another sheet and find each instance that has the same test name and add the hours together. This is what I want my summary sheet to do: Summary Sheet ID Test Name Hours 1 Test1 5 2 Test2 4 Using this data: Data Sheet ID ...

Showing a dialog box before showing main window.
Firstly, as I am novice my questions can be naive. Never mind. What I want to do is: # Check command line arguments # If arguments provide enough information then show the main window to perform some tasks # If command line arguments are not sufficient then I need to show a dialog box so that user can input missing informations, after dialog box is done I will show the main window Now inside ::InitInstance() how will I write to show the dialog box as I cannot use m_pMainWnd as the dialog box is not my main frame window. Please give me hint. Or is it possible to...

Word 2007 & 2010
Why was the 'Insert Picture - From Scanner/Camera' removed from Word 2007 and is also not included in Word 2010? That was one handy feature that Word 2003 and previous versions had, I used it a lot and I know a lot of other people that miss this feature. Hopefully Microsoft will listen and include it in the full release of Word 2010. ...