How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?

I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet.  Help!

Thanks : )
0
Denise

Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b)
Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In
the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab,
check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer
empty.

If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on
Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering"
setting from "Continue from previous section" to "Start at" and select 0 as
the starting number.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Denise" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the
>cover sheet.  Help!
>
> Thanks : )
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.pagelayout/

0
Suzanne

Print heading row on multiple pages
I have to print a sheet of data which contains the data headings on ro 1. However when I go to print a hardcopy (and the data goes beyond page) I cannot find a way to ensure the headings stay at the top o pages 2, 3, 4 etc. A simple problem but one which I can't find an answer to! thanks Greg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup - Sheets' and define row 1 as repeating row >-----Original Message----- >I have to print a sheet of data which contains the data headings on row >1. However when I go to print a hardcopy (and the da...

Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public Folder
Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as data within those folders for test purposes? thanks in advance On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:09:20 -0800, RP <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as >data within those folders for test purposes? > >thanks in advance OUtlook is a good one. Its actually for performance purposes. I'm looking for a tool to create a large amount of test data. Is there a programatic way to do this through Outlook? "Andy David {MVP}&qu...

Outlook 2007: changing any attendee sends updates to all attendees
I have seen several questions pertaining to this problem, but did not see a resolution in any of them. Please help! When I make any changes to the meeting attendees (add/remove), I only have the options to 'Save and Send Update' (which goes to all attendees) or 'Do not save changes'. Adding isn't such a problem because I can forward the invite and it eliminates the problem, but I cannot find any sort of work around for removing an attendee. I am using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). I do not know if I have any add-ins, I do not k...

How to select a sheet and input data into certain cells
I have 36 sheets, sheet1 is my menu, also on sheet1 I created in colum AB1=1stQTR AC1=2ndQtr AD1=3rdQTR AE1=4thQT AA2=2004 Sheet2 Sheet3 etc . . . AA3=2005 Sheet6 Sheet AA4=2006 Sheet8 Sheet AA5=2007 Sheet4 Sheet I would like to be able to select a year and a quarter and it goes to the sheet, i.e 2005 2ndQtr goes to sheet5 and in a couple of cells input 2005 and 1st Quarter I would also like to be able to print sheet5 and ask me if I want to print it agai or close and upon closing go back to sheet Is there an...

Money 2007 is not allowing manual match on transactions in the register
I have a credit card account that is setup to download transactions online. Some of the transactions I have downloaded appear in bold, and are duplicates of existing transactions which are not bold, and are not marked cleared or reconciled or even marked as 'E'. Money failed to match these transactions automatically. When I tried to click 'Change' to match up manually, the *only* transactions that appear as viable matches are coming from the 'Bills' list. None of the transactions already in the account are listed, so I can't actually match them. Even if ...

Too many windows
Using Excel 200 SP-2 I recently clicked on "Window", "New Window". Now, every time I open that particular file I get 2 versions (:1 & :2)of the same spreadsheet. How do I get back to opening only a single version? Thanks in advance. Stan click the x in the upper right corner of one of the windows and save the file. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Stan <me@there> wrote in message news:Ot7m2zrwDHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Using Excel 200 SP-2 > I recently clicked on "Window", "New Window". > Now, every time I open that particular file ...

Stay on top of main application window but not topmost
I have a dialog based application, and I'm using Chris Maunder's CProgressWnd to occasionally pop up a progress window. When the CProgressWnd is created it disables my main application dialog window and uses the style WS_EX_TOPMOST to stay on top of it. The problem is that WS_EX_TOPMOST causes the progress window to stay on top of ALL other applications' windows. What I really want is for the CProgressWnd to stay on top of my main dialog window BUT NOT stay on top of any other applications' windows. That means that other applications can be started up and my application...

Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007
I am having some formatting issues when it comes to sending a 2007 publisher file to Outlook 2007(html). I usually distorts the formatting of my graphics, add spaces etc. Is there a setting i can teak to resolve this? ...

Access 2007: Escape Out of Compacting Corrupts Database
Access 2007 We have a rather complicated application that has the front end set to compact on close. During the QA process our testers were able to corrupt the front end by hitting the escape key a few times while the front end was compacting. Lots of nasty popup messages when the application was restarted. We created a simple database with one table and one form (see attached). The form has three buttons: Populate Data -- This empties the table and then adds a little over one million records. View Data -- This opens the table in normal mode. DoCmd.Quit -- This issues ...

Moving Office 2007 settings from an XP machine to a Windows 7 ma
Recently built a new machine, and want to move settings (including customizations and outlook rules, mailboxes and accounts) to the new machine. As noted in the title, the old machine is an XP Pro box, the new machine is running Windows 7. I’d rather not move macros and add-ins all at once (something is causing a problem and I’d like to install one at a time), but the Outlook set up and little tweaks (e.g., customization changes, style sets) will be a PITA to redo manually. I found a dizzying array of answers via Google, but none seemed to apply. Wasn’t there a built-in too...

font problem in Chinese/Japanese Windows
Hi, We are a commercial software firm, and have been using MFC platform for years. Since last year, we have been bothered by the application package dialog box got stray/oversize/chopped text display in Chinese and Japanese Windows (mainly XP). Our application runs fine on WinXP/Vista in English Windows systems. Is there any quick way to fix this problem (such as using font substitution ?) Thanks Ted You could try to use a different font better suited to those characters using this technique: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms903933.aspx Tom "Ted" <NOSPAM...

View Custom Toolbar in Excel 2007
I have an Excel 2003 file that contains a custom toolbar. In Excel 2003 the custom toolbar is displayed and I can just click the buttons on that toolbar to run my macros. When I open the file in Excel 2007 I can find no way to display that custom toolbar. In fact, the only way that I have found to access my macros is to go into View Macros and run them that way, which isn't going to cut it. Is there a way in Excel 2007 to re-create the Excel 2003 functionality, perhaps by building a custom ribbon and putting buttons for my macros on that ribbon? I just need some way to make the...

Windows SBS 2008 VPN Issue
Hi Group I have a Issue in SBS 2008. I have installed SBS 2008 and server is in factory .But I can not make multiple connections from branch office I can create only one VPN connection So please help me with this problem. Regards Atul sood Hi Atul: In general, VPN connection with the SBS as the endpoint are not very usful and can restrict the bandwidth by fragmenting the usable upload speed which is generally not all that great to start. The best suggestions I can give you are to either use hardware appliances at each end to create the VPN, and, or to use RWW to land...

Enterprise version of Windows 2003 necessary for Exchange?
Hello, If I want to install E2k3 Enterprise edition, do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise edition anywhere, e.g., on separate DCs or GCs? Do I even need it on the Exchange server itself? Just double-checking... Thanks, - Alan. On 26 Oct 2006 05:57:41 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >If I want to install E2k3 Enterprise edition, do I need Windows 2003 >Enterprise edition anywhere, e.g., on separate DCs or GCs? Do I even >need it on the Exchange server itself? > >Just double-checking... > >Thanks, > >- Alan. Nope. Standard ...

Hide sheet tabs?
Is there any way to hide sheet tabs? Thanks. Botman, Tools - Options - View. Sheet tabs. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- <robotman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162593984.726539.223400@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to hide sheet tabs? > > Thanks. > Tools | Options | View uncheck "Sheet tabs" <robotman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162593984.726539.223400@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to hide sheet tabs? > > Thank...

Removing Duplicates
XL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE SP1 Follow up to: microsoft.public.excel.misc Hi, what is the BEST way to remove duplicate cells (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) from a long list in Excel? The duplicates usually would be in 1 column (Column "A: for example) Tx. S Hi Sat, See Chip Pearson's Duplicates page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Alternatively, consider using the Asvanced filter feature, using the Uniques option. If you are not familiar with Advanced Filter, see Debra Dalgleish's tutorial ay: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01....

Windows 2008 compatability
We have a customer who is looking to upgrade their server to Windows 2008 from Windows 2003. They are currently running GP 8.0. Is Windows 2008 compatable with that version of GP? The question is more, is GP 8 compatible with Windows 2008 and the answer is no. However, if you like the new brave world we live in, you can run GP 8.0 in Windows 2003 R2 compatibility mode while on Windows 2008. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Susa...

Outlook 98 and Windows XP
OK, I have been all around the Microsoft supports pages, many, many chat areas, and about a half dozen other sites that I thought could help, but I still have not found an answer to my confusing questions. Everytime Outlook 98 is started on my system, which runs Windows XP, in three minutes (to the second) I get an error that reads "outlook.exe has encountered a problem and must close...blah blah blah" I can move this error window out of the way and continue to use Outlook except it slows everything down including the other programs running on my system. As soon as I ei...

Add fields of Scroll window in VBA ?
Hi, I am able to add other fields in form but I am unable to add fields of scrolling window in VBA. Thanks in advance -- Aditya While I'm happy you have things solved, I don't believe what you have below is the correct solution. You should be able to add any fields of any scrolling window to your project. I'm darn sure that is the case because I've used VBA to pull values from lookup windows before and those are of course browse only. My only note for scrolling windows is you have to make sure the window is "filled" before you try to add it to vba. ...

Secondary protection DPM 2007 11-12-09
Hi I have a primary and a secondary DPM server. All my 19 protected servers on my primary DPM server is backed up ok. When I try to enable secondary protection it goes ok on 17 server of those 19. There are two servers that I can't enable secondary protection. I get the following error code: DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from <Server name> Ensure that the Windows Management Information (WMI) service NO_PARAM is started and is accessible from the DPM server. ID: 346 The error code isn't published on TechNet so this makes it more ...

How do I change the action of button in Access 2007 contact list?
I need to change the email address manually when I click the "send email" button to create new email directly from Contact List of Access 2007 as the default email address is including the receiver name (name + emal address was recognized as wrong email address by Windows Live Mail). How to change the default setting of Access 2007? -- THANKS & BEST REGARDS, Nguyen Tung Director of Sales and Marketing --------------------------------------- THIENTHAONGUYEN TRANSPORTATION CO., No181 Dai Tu Str,Hoang Mai Dist,Hanoi,Vietnam Tel :(84.4) 36410 577 - 107 /...

removing anti virus program from Outlook
I changed from McAfee to Norton, however when starting Outlook the Outlook programs keeps asking for the McAfee dll as it cannot find it. It is very annoying. I deleted all McAfee related files and still. How can I change this? It also happens if I uninstall Norton and reinstall McAfee, Outlook will ask for the Norton file. Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I changed from McAfee to Norton, however when starting > Outlook the Outlook programs keeps asking for the McAfee > dll as it cannot find it. It is very annoying. I deleted > all McAfee related ...

Spell check on a protected sheet #2
Hi I think I've fixed it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() CommandButton1.TakeFocusOnClick = False ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="password" Cells.CheckSpelling MsgBox "Spell check complete. Press OK to continue" ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password" End Sub I added the Message Box as if there are no spelling issues on the shee the users sees nothing happening when they press the button an naturally assumes its not worked. Thanks again for all your help Jon : -- jontai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jonta...

Priting from a splitter window
I am attempting access the onPrint function of a splitter window. I have six splitter windows, of which the top left window is a formview. The print menu item messages the formview, which does not print anything. What I would really like to do is print the contents of the "second" splitter window. How can I direct the print message to the correct splitter window? I am using the SplitterWndEx class as described in http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/7113.shtml Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Pat You never print the splitter window itself, but the view it sp...

Free busy time O2003 / Anonymous user in 2007
Hello, How do I disable the free/busy time in the calendar for Exchange/Outlook 2003? So other users can't see the appointments of myself. In Outlook 2007 you will set this due to change the sharing permissions of the calendar, and change the default user permission to none. Any idea how you will get the anonymous user with none permissions back in O2007? What's btw the extra functionality of this user. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Peter ...