how do i remove lines from invoice

my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

Without knowing how the invoice was created or formatted and in which Word
version it is impossible to say, but to venture a guess, select and pres the
delete key?
Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/Invoicer.htm would help in future?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"veekeebee" <veekeebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
> one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
> entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

0
Graham
6/1/2010 2:32:09 PM
Your invoice is probably a table (easy to tell if you have table gridlines
displayed); if so, select the empty rows, right-click, and choose Delete
Rows.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
http://word.mvps.org

"veekeebee" <veekeebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
> one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
> entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

0
Suzanne
6/1/2010 3:49:27 PM
Hello veekebee,

maybe there is a mess with some spaces or other non printing characters and
therefore your desing is messy.

For tutorial on how to show/hide them consult this link:
http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/05/microsoft-word-tips-and-tricks/what-are-non-printing-characters-and-how-to-use-them/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"veekeebee" wrote:

> my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
> one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
> entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

Collection Letter Invoice File Name
Hi Everyone, Is there a way to rename the invoice pdf file that is generated using collection module? Right now it would automatically generate the pdf file name and I got several customer that thought it was a virus email and wouldn't open it. Any help is much appreciated. ...

invoice numbers #2
I have created an invoice/proposal template that I want to have the invoice numbers to be generated automatically to reflect the first three or four letters of the customers name (in caps), how many times I've done business with this individual, the month,day, and year of when the invoice was created, and how many pages in the proposal/invoice were created. An example of "Mr. Jones" second time doing business with me, written on May 28th, 2005, and having three parts to the proposal, would look like this: JON0205280503. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I assume you h...

in VBA
Using Office 2003 I would like to reset any custom filter settings from all columns. The following resets Column 1 only: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1 What is the VBA code to reset Columns 1-17? TIA Dennis Dennis, Selection.AutoFilter You could have found that out by yourself if you had just used Macro Record (as I did). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dennis" <dmburgess@removespamameritech.net> wrote in message news:961i10teu4q5r2t6rh38bmen6lski9r6f6@...

OE removes access to certain types of files on e-mails
Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook to NOT automatically remove certain types of files eg PDF, HTML, DAT files etc. Are they removing them or blocking them? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to get the attachments off. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit forward on a message or disable it in tools | options | security. On 25 Apr 2004 02:07, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook ...

how ,we can remove flickering of form control
hi I have some progress bar control on my form.I have set different color for different progress bar. BUT ,PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN PROGRESS BAR SHOWS PROGRESS ,SOME FLICKERING ALSO APPEARS. HOW ,WE CAN SOVE IT. Arbind Arbind, You seem to have big problems with flickering forms :-))) As you have both - if I remember correctly - a flickering grid and now a flickering progress bar, I would suspect that the problem is that you are triggering unnecessary updates yourself - you might want to check your code for invalidations of the form, where invalidations of a control is mo...

Removing attactments from sents messages
Hi O'2000 sr1 Is there a way to remove the attainments from all my sent messages in one go? TIA Dave F. ye ----- Dave F wrote: ---- H O'2000 sr Is there a way to remove the attainments from all my sent messages in on go TI Dave F. ...

Transfer Order to Invoice
I have an order with 10 line items. I am using a seperate fulfilment method. I have stock for all 10 line items. All of the inventory is allocated. I need to ship one line item ASAP. I fulfill that line item but when I transfer all of the line items transfer to the invoice but are unfulfilled. In version 9.0 only the line item fulfilled tranferred and other remained on the order. Is this a change in 10.0 and how do I get around it. The user does not want to have to create another order which would be a lot of work when it used to work the way they needed it to work. Any suggest...

Removing in column B when listed in Column A
Hi I have a list of text in column A aaaa bbbb ccccc dddd eeee ffff etc.... I also have a list in column B zzzz ccccc xxxx aaaa ffff gggg etc What I need to do is remove all the entries in colum a from column B In the example above I would have in column B left zzzz xxxx gggg Hope this makes sence and someone can help. Thanks Iai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Iain, I assume your colums A en B are filled with values A1:A10 and B1:B10 Put in C1 the formula : If(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,$A$1:$A$10,1,0)),0,1) and copy down to C10. Copy and paste special / values column...

Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.
Hello, I really would appreciate any help in the following issue. I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files. Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the transparency?? Thanks! I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another obje...

Leader Lines in Excel?
Does anyone know if it is possible to create Leader Lines in an Excel worksheet, like the way you can in Word (using Tab Stops)?? Thanks. It depends what you're trying to do, but some variation on the following may help: 1. Enter a value in A2, and the other value in C2. 2. In cell B2, type the character you want as the leader, e.g. a period. 3. With B2 selected, choose Format>Cells. 4. On the Alignment tab, under Horizontal, choose Fill 5. Click OK Steve wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to create Leader Lines > in an Excel worksheet, like the way you can in Wo...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 07-12-10
For months I have been unable to remove blocked senders. I have tried from Windows Live Mail and from the Windows Live Hotmail website. After a short while they reappear. If someone can tell me what I must do, or if this can be resolved remotely, I will be most appreciative. It is most frustrating and I have been unable to receive any assistance. PLEASE HELP! ...

multi-line cells
Hi, I need to be able to put some multi-line data into single cells in an excel spreadsheed. In particular, I want to put in the full address of clients without putting the address parts in a group of cells. I want to be able to write the address just as I would on an envelope. I can't seem to get excell to take the carriage return character in a single cell's input. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Steve Steve, press ALT-ENTER to put in a line break. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel &quo...

Extracting invoice data from GP 9 using a SQL query (ODBC)
I'm working to extract invoice detail information from a client's GP 9 MSSQL database, with the goal of being able to mock up their invoices in external systems. Just to keep things interesting, they aren't using GP to it's maximum ability - quotes are generated from another software package, and when converted to a sale, minimal data is entered into GP and processed (such as shipping address, job name, job number, PO number, and occasionally a line it of what appears to be free-form text. I have hard copies of several invoices, various web resources, and access to t...

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

removing store from store list from HQ
i need to remove a store from the list of stores in HQ - the stores have been closed for 2 years, and i would like to clean up the check stores feature at other store locations, have less to sort in reports, etc. i have already removed them from the store list in HQ Manager under stores, but they still show in reports and in check stores. is there a way to remove them from either or both? ...

Credit Invoice
I have read that many of us have the same problem and that Msft staff has said the issue is on the tracking database....how long before it is available? The temporal solution of creating a 0 quantiy 1 dollar value with the negative value in discount works, but you loose track of the items being canceled. The ideal solution will be to allow negative quantities...that way, if i sell 50 Unit A and 10 Unit B...I can make an invoice for -10 Unit A and -5 Unit B and CRM can calculate the totals based on the price list. Regards, guillotks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micro...

How to remove a wildcard character from text column?
How does one remove a wildcard character from a text string? In this case the text contains an asterisk followed by a slash. */ If you're talking about "Edit - Replace", Precede the asterisk with the tilde ( ~* ) in the "FindWhat" box. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Stace Cameron" <scameron@siumed.edu> wrote in message news:%23oWuV4WrEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... How does one remove a wildcard character f...

How do I export/save a shhet where some of the cells have multiple line values
At the office I wrote a perl script to proces the data exported/saved from an excel spreadsheet. I noticed that the perl script processed more lines than existed rows in the spreadsheet. Upon closer examination I noticed that some of the cells have multiple line values. Is there any way I can control the action of the export/save so that the multiple line val;ues are combined into a single line ? Thanks... The cells with multiple lines would have linefeeds in them. This would be the character 0010 which is entered using Alt + Enter Select all cells before export/save and Edit>Replace...

Removing focus rectangle of an hyperlink control
Hi all, I have a static control which i converted into a hyperlink control. Whenever i needs to set focus to this control, i done it using "DrawFocusRect()". Now what should be done in order to remove that focus rectangle. Please suggest. By default, the color of the hyperlink is appearing black. I need to change it to blue(default) and violet (when visited). Please suggest. Static controls cannot get focus, so you have no way to tell if you should set the focus because the concept does not exist. If you want to draw the focus rectangle when the mouse hovers over it, that's...

Credit memos / negative quantities on invoices/orders in general
Greetings, I am using the CRM SDK to create invoices and orders in CRM from a backend ERP system. It seems that the SDK will not allow any negative or zero dollar amount or quantity to be saved to either invoices or orders. Invoices are a more substantial problem for me since our customers want to run some simple sales reports from CRM directly and without credit memo's, the reports cannot be accurate. Am I doing something wrong with the SDK or is there some configuration in CRM itself that would allow the credits to be loaded? Regards, --Paul Galvin ISSG I had a similar p...

Option to only invoice if something is fulfilled
Currently if the fulfilled is 0 with the option to invoice even partial fulfillments, the while quantity is set to invoice. Make it an option that qty to invoice only follow qty fulfilled. so if fulfilled is 0 so is qty to invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

OE removes access to unsafe attachments
can anyone please help me on how to fix this problem. i am unable to open any attachments thanks ...

Publisher 2003 Line spacing
Hello, I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm struggling with something that's probably really simple to address. I've pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph - there seems to be additional space above the letters. I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help. It's maybe none of those things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I ne...

set Curved lines as default for Connector tool.
Is there a way to set "Curved Lines" as the default for the "Connector tool?" Now I have to draw the line with the default setting of "Straight Line" then change it to a curved line. I am using the Detailed Network Diagram template. Thanks Matt When you first use the Connector Tool, a master called Dynamic Connector is created in your Document Stencil. Open the Drawing Explorer Window Expand the Masters branch Right mouse the Dymanic connector master Select Edit Master Change the line to Curved Connector Close the Master Edit window (accept changes) T...

Payables invoice & credit memo show open when unapplied amount is
Both the invoice & credit memo are applied to each other and are from 2003. Another invoice is applied to this credit memo and is showing as HIST. Can I manually move them to history? Run the reconcile process for these tables to be sure everything is marked correctly. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Kim Dameron" wrote: > Both the invoice & credit memo are applied to each other and are from 2003. >...