how do i remove lines from invoice

my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

Without knowing how the invoice was created or formatted and in which Word
version it is impossible to say, but to venture a guess, select and pres the
delete key?
Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/Invoicer.htm would help in future?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"veekeebee" <veekeebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
> one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
> entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

0
Graham
6/1/2010 2:32:09 PM
Your invoice is probably a table (easy to tell if you have table gridlines
displayed); if so, select the empty rows, right-click, and choose Delete
Rows.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
http://word.mvps.org

"veekeebee" <veekeebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
> one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
> entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

0
Suzanne
6/1/2010 3:49:27 PM
Hello veekebee,

maybe there is a mess with some spaces or other non printing characters and
therefore your desing is messy.

For tutorial on how to show/hide them consult this link:
http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/05/microsoft-word-tips-and-tricks/what-are-non-printing-characters-and-how-to-use-them/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"veekeebee" wrote:

> my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on
> one page.  i entered the info but there are several lines between my last
> entry and the total.  how do i remove the extra lines?

double lines
I am trying to type and address in a cell and can't get it to drop down to make another line, please help Use Alt-Enter instead of just Enter......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "WFDFirefighter" <WFDFirefighter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A657DEAE-5171-45AE-A57D-F8CE2DB5F122@microsoft.com... > I am trying to type and address in a cell and can't get it to drop down to > make another line, please help Hello- Chuck's reply is valid for creating a line break in a cell, so no challenge there. Just a suggestion, though - it sounds l...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

pivot from more than 65K lines: how?
What I am trying to do: have several excel files with data and want to consolidate in a single file What I did: tried to paste all the data in a single file and create a pivot from there... the problem is that I can not copy after reaching 65K lines.... Trying to create a pivot from *multiple* excel does not give me the possibility to put in the layout the fields I want (as if I was using a single sheet)... as it consolidates all the fields in the different tables... Any urgent help please?.. MANY TIA! luis Do you have Access? If so then import all your excel sheets into a singl...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

User removed Anonymous permission from Calendar...how to get it back
A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In news:Xns9861A9314BAB8bobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> typed: > A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and > I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can > be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In that user's Outlook, right-click on Calendar, properties, permissions tab. Add Anonymous, and do whate...

POP
An invoice was matched to a shipment and the user deleted the invoice. Now when she attempts to re-match the invoice to the shipment, nothing is showing up in the Auto-Invoice or Match to Shipment screens. Can someone please help me re-open this Shipment for Invoicing or let me know some other work-around. Thanks, jav, Are you 100% sure there's nothing there? When the invoice was deleted, it should have made the shipment available again. Was the invoice saved in a batch and then deleted before the batch was posted? Or was the invoice posted and then somehow deleted? Frank Hamel...

XmlSerializer/XmlTextWriter all data on one line
I'm an XML newb. I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on one line rather than being nested and indented Is that normal? <code> StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(m_optionsXmlFilePath, false); XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Options)); XmlTextWriter xmlTextWriter = new XmlTextWriter(sw); xmlSerializer.Serialize(xmlTextWriter, this); xmlTextWriter.Close(); </code> Hello! > I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on > one line rather than being nested and indented > ...

Remove text from a cell
Hi there I have some data in a spreadsheet which is an output from another program. One column has a series of numbers in it, each with the suffix of "kb" and I want to remove the kb from each cell so that I can sort by number. Is there an easy way to do this without having to edit each cell individually (I have about 600 rows!) thanks Trace Hi one way: Use 'Edit - Replace' the other way: use the formula =--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"kb","")) in a helper column >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >I have some data in a spreadsheet which is ...

Editing pdf invoices
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd appreciate any advice for this problem. I have Adobe Pro 9, however, I have very rudimentary knowledge of how to operate it. My problem is this: My bookkeeper, who handles all of the invoicing for my business, has started to charge me for every "friendly reminder" or "Third Notice, Please Remit" that I have to send to clients. Basically, she just, somehow, adds a red square at the top right corner of the invoices, stating Reminder, or Please Remit, and the dates of the current and previous invoices. Because...

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

Adding items (hours) into invoices
Hello, In my M07 Home and Business, I get an error while entering an invoice as soon as I add hours and press enter. The program says that there's an error: "This operation can not be performed" When I select more help, I get a help page that say:Details Id: obres:34 Bron: 16.0 When I search on this I see that it is an error that's related to homepage settings, but that does not work for me. Any suggestions? Thanks, Eric ...

Extracting name out of line
I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the line. Tried split(Var, " ") however Name moves according to the space between the names. Var(2) can be the Name or according to spaces between names, Var(6) Can you help me? Thank you, Gordon On 27 Jan 2007 15:37:39 -0800, "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by >spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the >line. Tried split(V...

Line of Credit Account #2
This is driving me nuts. What is the best way to set up a Line of Credit (LOC) account? It is actually a $500 LOC account for my checking account for when my checking account dips below $0. Both the checking account and LOC accounts import separately into Money from my bank. Should I set up the LOC as an account, a liability, or as "other". I tried them but keep getting confused because depending on whether the LOC automatically deposited money into my checking account or I transferred money from my checking account to pay off my LOC, it will say either "From" o...

double lines and rounded corners on a solid box
How can I create a solid box with double lines and rounded corners in Publisher 2000? Thanks Anna You will have to use an AutoShape -- ...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB1448.E88B1160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I'm getting this message when trying to clear tempdb DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (tempdb, 10) WITH NO_INFOMSGS=20 Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle. Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = op...

CEditView No line wrap
How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> wrote in message news:vrs98r4qk4so3f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of > text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. Give it the (ES_AUTOHSCROLL|WS_HSCROLL) styles. In a CEditView derived class you can insure this by ORing the CREATESTRUCT.style member in an override of PreCreateWindow. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

How do I remove the pop up message when saving a CSV
I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the message "may contain features that are not compatible with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save it? Hi If you do the saving with VBA you could add the line application.displayalerts=false -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Eric wrote: > I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the > message "may contain features that are not compatible > with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save > it? I'm just opening them and changing a piece of data and closing t...

Pass command line file name parameter
Hi, I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp. There're compiling errors: MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier Why? If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp? Thanks, ybc The other problem is, when I set the...

Small problem with a line chart
Hi I have a smal problem with a line chart. The chart shows progress of my teams league points over a season, the data is derived from a series of rows which I fill in after a game. In the data, I am using COUNTBLANK to have a blank cell until the row contains data EG =IF(COUNTBLANK(P53:Y53)>0,"",((P53+U53)*3)+Q53+V53) The problem is that the data series assumes unfilled rows (IE the future unplayed games) are zero, so there is a line that connects from the top of my line down to the zero on my X axis. I would just like the line to stop at the last value. Can anyone suggest a w...

X axis needed for Line Chart
-- FL ...