How do I remove letter head from Word document

I am trying to copy text over from a document that is on letterhead.  I do
not want to copy the letterhead over just the text but am having problems
removing the letterhead from my document...please help.

View | Header and Footer and delete the letterhead.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ms Watson" <Ms Watson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to copy text over from a document that is on letterhead.  I do
> not want to copy the letterhead over just the text but am having problems
> removing the letterhead from my document...please help.

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 10:35:32 PM
Exclude the final paragraph mark from what you select and copy.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ms Watson" <Ms Watson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to copy text over from a document that is on letterhead.  I do
> not want to copy the letterhead over just the text but am having problems
> removing the letterhead from my document...please help.

0
Doug

SOP Document Lookup Error
Whenever we try using the document number lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry screen in GP8, we get the following message once we click the magnifying glass: Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'Type Name' is out of range in script 'Document_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear this up? This pops up as soon as you click on the magnifying glass, then once you click ok, it pops up 2 more times. Do a query against table SOP10100 and look for any values in the SOP...

Modal Dialog OnCancel removes SC_CLOSE
Hello, I have an app with an modal dialog in which I have removed the default cancel behaviour by creating an empty OnCancel(). Now I can't close the dialog using the SC_CLOSE (Red-X in upper right corner) Why and how can I remove ending the dialoq by pressing Esc but still be able to close the dialog by clicking on the Red-X[1] // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! [1] if someone has a official name for this button I would be grateful! Anders Eriksson s...

Removing hyperlinks in Excel by multiplying by 1 is very obtuse
I just followed the Excel help directions for "Remove a hyperlink" -> "Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". And while the directions work (multiplying each field by 1), they strike me an obscure work around to a rather obvious missing feature. It should be easy to remove hyperlinks from text in Excel, especially because Excel is very agressive about auto-creating hyperlinks when any text that resembles a web address is entered. Hopefully this missing feature will be addressed in the next verison of Excel. Hi post your suggestion to: mswish@microsoft.com -- Reg...

'Some' Word files suddently corrupted
Just today, when I attempted to open some older MS Word (2003) files (in MS Word 2003), a dialog box appeared requesting the type of encoding required. The text appeared all jumbled and included numerous meaningless characters, rather than the original English text. I had recently installed OpenOffice 3.1 in an attempt to open some older OpenOffice documents. I uninstalled OpenOffice but the problem remains? What has happened and is there a reasonable 'cure?' Do the file icons appear to be different than what they were before? It may be that the file association has been...

Need to remove help compile in project
Can someone tell me how to remove the help build process from a project? Thanks What does this mean? You want to remove part of the build? If yes, just remove those files from project. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mike" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:%236ooDIkGHHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to remove the help build process from a project? > Thanks > > I've tried removing the help files but when I build, the help compiler is still invoked. The project show a couple of .rtf files in the dependenc...

Remove records from lookup
Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it added to my appointment form? Thanks. There is no supported way to change this. The system is setup to allow you to set appointments that are related to specific records (Opportunities, Quotes, Cases, etc) and it will then ro...

Removing an exchange server member
I have a 2000 exch backend and a 2003 exch frontend setup. The front end hard disk just recently died. And so was not correctly un installed from AD. There are still elements of exchange hanging around. For instance, in the system manager. But the system manager wont let me delete the front end server under the first administrative group. Do i have to use adsiedit to remove this or is there a much simplier way. Cheers Paul To my best knowledge, it adsiedit. "Yakeni" <Yakeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B352B981-F5B7-4527-8A48-04E3976C99D9@microsoft.c...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Technical Documentation #2
All, We're getting ready to install Great Plains and I will like to better understand the backend(database) processing of Great plains. I would like to know what each table is and when is it used in the process. Is there any technical documentation that describe the tables and the process. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Jamal Hello Jamal, you may want to refer to the Software Development Kit. If you have access to customersource, you can get it from there. i'll try to look up some more for you. /timber\ On Nov 1, 10:17 pm, "Jamal" <j...@newsgrou...

Drawing letters
Hey I am trying to find a way to draw the word LOOP in a way so thar the letters apears as if they are bend from a long rod or so. It is my hope to be able to draw the letters so the letters "OO" mekes a "loop" and still be connectet to the starting letter "L" and the last letter "P" English is not my mative laungish so please forgive any misspells ;o) Can any please help? Im using Publisher CS -- Med venlig hilsen John http://www.dkfritidmotorcykel.dk/?id=1071 I forgot to write that it has to appear as 3D -- Best regards John http://www.dkfr...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

How do I remove a hidden space in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel or Word problem... I am doing a mail merge in Word (envelopes). I am pulling my data (name, address, cit/state/zip) from an Excel .xls I created. In mail merge, I select envelopes and go through all the steps. I use the Address Block for the delivery address. However, when it pulls the data over, the name line (first line of address block) is indented by one space. No matter what I do (place cursor at indent and use backspace or place cursor at next two correct lines and add a space), the change doesn't take place. I've checked all the tabs as...

Requisition Management
I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation could especially use some improvements in this area. For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc: What...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

How do I remove cross hatches in Sigma column
Addition of a column results in cross hatches. How do I get rid of the cross hatches and simply have the sum printed in the column? Widen the cell so the resulting value will fit. Excel does this so you don't accidentally SEE a number that's LESS than the actual number, which is what would occur if the column wasn't wide enough. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM" <YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08545D7F-E1B3-4879-A7DB-A2B723DDCD3F@microsoft.com... > Addition of a column results in cro...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

Removing the : in the coment field
When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know this is meant for the user name to appear but I don't want that. In fact, I don't want the colon to appear. Currently I manually delete it from each comment I insert...is there a way to turn that feature off so I merely type in text without having that colon appear?...I am using Excel 2000 Thanks! Kathy You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Kathy wrote: > When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know...

remove????
I'm having some trouble with Office 2003 so I uninstalled it, then installed Office XP. My Outlook profile was still there and it kept giving me an error about the product activation number being invalid. I type in the correct one for Office XP, it says to restart the app, then the same error. How can I COMPLETELY remove Office 2003? I'm not so sure it is being caused by things left by Office 2003. You can remove your mail profile by going to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... For activation issues you should call Product Support. More interesting for me; wha...

Excel Charts in Word
I have a word report I need to do every month. The data and charts are in excel and the data changes monthly. How do I get the excel charts linked into a word document so that when I enter the new data in the excel spreadsheet that is automaitically updated in the report in the word docuemnt? Thanks Copy the Excel chart. In Word, use Edit menu > Paste Special, and select the Paste Link option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microso...

Problem linking excel charts in word
I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart is on it's own sheet rather than being i...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Error: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged".
Hi, When I click Payment Document Setup or Payment Document User Preference in the Purchasing and the sales module then get the eror: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged". Thanks. From your other thread Sadique - You are looking at Payment Document Setup and Payment Document User Preference under Purchasing Setup, correct? There is another Payment Document Setup under Setup>Company in the Administration Setup window in V10 or Tools>Setup>Company>Payment Document Setup in V9. This is the Payment Document Setup I was referring to. Give that a...