How do I remove letter head from Word document

I am trying to copy text over from a document that is on letterhead.  I do
not want to copy the letterhead over just the text but am having problems
removing the letterhead from my document...please help.

View | Header and Footer and delete the letterhead.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ms Watson" <Ms Watson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to copy text over from a document that is on letterhead.  I do
> not want to copy the letterhead over just the text but am having problems
> removing the letterhead from my document...please help.

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 10:35:32 PM
Exclude the final paragraph mark from what you select and copy.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ms Watson" <Ms Watson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to copy text over from a document that is on letterhead.  I do
> not want to copy the letterhead over just the text but am having problems
> removing the letterhead from my document...please help.

0
Doug

Tabs un my Publisher Document
I have a Publisher document in which the formatting depends on tab stops in text boxes. The Default Tab Stop is set at 0.5 cm, and it all works fine (and looks good!). So, I save the document and close it. Then when I re-open the document, the Default Tab Stop is 0.998 cm, and I have to re-set to 0.5cm How can I get the tab stops to save? Any help would be much appreciated. Jim Jones Botswana What version Publisher? Did you originally create the publication in an earlier version? Custom tabs that you previously set in Publisher 2000 are not saved when you save a publication in P...

E-mail merge using Word
Simply stated, I have completed the e-mail merge using Word's merge task wizzard. All looks good. The final window asks me to map the To field, Subject line, etc and I hit OK. Then.....no e-mails are sent. I used my own e-mail as a test and recieved nothing. I am using Outlook 2003. Does anyone know why the e-mails are not being sent?? What do you mean "map the To: field?" What do you select? What happens? Hw is your Outlook Address Book configured? What is your default mail program? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Fred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Paste chart to word-lose bold type
When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, though the title remains in bold. Kate, After copying, open Paint and paste it there. From Paint copy it again and paste it in Word. The format will remain. Regards, Jaleel "kate" wrote: > When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, > though the title remains in bold. ...

Background picture doesn't display when taking copy off of a Word template
Hi All Sorry for the myriad of posts from me today. I am trying to fathom stuff myself, but I'm on a hot streak of doing stuff today, but at the same time hitting a few brickwalls. Basically I have created a background image and applied to my MS Word template, eg Format / Background / Fill Effects and selected my pic from in there, and when I'm editing my template I see the bg image no probs. However when I call a copy of this template via my VB6 app, all of the text appears but my background image doesn't appear. If I go back to the template the image is sti...

save a document where fields be used but not altered
I have careated a documents that need to be saved but not as read only. The feilds are needed, such as a form. How can I save this material so the format remains but text box alterations and movement areno longer on the page. There isn't a surefire way of locking the form, but you might want to try this as a workaround. Once the form is complete, group all elements together. Then reduce the viewing size down so the entire pasteboard area is visible on your monitor. Draw a single line from the top of the pasteboard area to the bottom and then a second line from side to side. Move t...

Porter Cable 869 12-Volt Tilting Head Flashlight, No Battery
Price:$41.38 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B00004SUQ0 Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B00004SUQ0 I have owned two 12v Porter-Cable drills, two 12v Porter-Cable flashlights & four 12v Porter-Cable Ni-Cad batteries for over 10 years, all of which work fine to this day. Because the batteries are Ni-Cad, they need to be completely discharged before being recharged in order to carry an effective load. So there's a gap between their effectiveness in the drill & their readiness for charging. How to drain the remaining charge? That's wh...

Removing the Last Exchange 55 server
have recently completed an In Place Upgrade from Exchange 55 running in an NT domain to an Exch2k3 running in AD 2003. Currently the environment is in mixed mode (thanx Exh2k3 SP1) amd I want to go to native mode. My first and only Exch 55 server needs to be delete. As per MS paper on "Upgrading Exchange server 55 to Exchange server 2003 in a Medium sized oranization" I am concerned about systems folder from Exch 55 to Exh2K3. I have used the pfmigrate utility to replicate my public folders without the /S switch. All is well and now I want to go to native mode. Do I need to ...

How to grant permission to someone to add/remove folder in Outlook
Hi, I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would add/remove folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done in outlook but I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission which allow to me to add either a user name or in a group such as user or administrator to check boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the direction to start off ? Many thanks Smiley The administrator can set it through ESM or the owner of the folder can do it through Outlook. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...

Can't install (yes, I already did the Remove Office prgm)
I even went into ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft and deleted that directory to ensure that everything Microsoft-esque was gone. When I start up the installer, it just sits there and doesn't install anything after putting in my name, product key, etc. Any further hints? Thanks, Shade HI, Ya' know, I'm a comm. col.student, 54, mind you,, so I did the "...for eductors ed."Go to Mactopia.com" load and install the 11,0,3, then it might work. Good Luck, Augie Hi Shade: 1) Make sure there is no Microsoft Office 2004 folder in your Applications folder. If there ...

Importing Word document to booklet in Publisher
Hi. I generated a 100 page 5.5" x 8.5" booklet in Publisher with .5" margins all around then imported a 23-page document created in Word (8.5" x 11"). Result: the size of the booklet changed to 8.5" x 11". When I changed the size of the booklet to 5.5" x 8.5" the text box and text on each page extended beyond the margins. How can a fix this situation without manually fixing each text box (1 per page)? Thanks. -- Amal This is going to be a bit ugly but should work. Start with the original booklet; create enough additional pages (say 40 p...

Customer/Vendor Trx window
Running GP9.0, we do not have multicurrency. I have established a relationship between a customer and vendor. The customer has an unapplied payment which I want to transfer to payables to refund. I can see the payment in Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer, however, the document does not appear in the Customer/Vendor Consolidations window, even as a toggle between Transfer to Payables, Transfer to Receivables, and Consolidate Documents as referred to in KnowledgeBase article 863318. The Currency ID field in the Customer/Vendor Consolidations window is greyed out. I have tried in...

Removing Quotes, Opportunities, Invoices Tab
Is there a way to remove the quotes, opportunities and invoices tab from the 'Sales' section of the 'Account' record ? Our client does not use any of the opportunities, quotes and invoices records and those tabs are very disturbing. If not, is there a way to change the tab order ? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Nicos Papaioannou Simply remove all security privileges for all user roles on those objects. The tabs will vanish "Nicos Papaioannou" <papaioannoun@dotcy.com.cy> wrote in message news:d72839e3.0409100831.20bc94c@posting.google.com... > Is ...

PM Remaining Balance Does not Tally with Applied Documents
On few occassions, the PM Remaing Balance does not equal to Document Amount less Total Applied Amount. eg: PM INV amt $100, paid by 2 payment of $60 and $40. the 2 payment became HIST yet the INV remains OPEN and current trx amt is still $100. what we normally do is to VOID the 2 payment, the INV current trx will then become $200, then use SQL Analyzer to change to amount to $100, re-enter the 2 payment. These is kind of 'toublesome'... does anyone has a script that will: * list such trx where the remining balance <> applied amt * in above example, to move the INV from OPEN...

WORD : problem in normal.dotm ?
I am recently facing the follwoing problem : whenever I start a new word document, the new document has lost the standard header and footer margins, and cusror is on the top left corner of the doc. I have deleted the normal.dotm document form the templates directory, word has created a new onebut still theproblem is there. Are there any ideas how this can be cured back to real normal ? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups t...

Filtering data in Excel for mailmerge to Word
First of all, I apologize if the answer to this has already been posted. I am not exactly sure what to call what I am looking for. I am working on a temporary assignment and using Word and Excel 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional OS. I am more used to Office 2000 as that is what I have at home; however, I don't know how to accomplish this mail merge in 2000 either. What I need to end up with is a mail merge to 96 different schools, confirming their attendance at three of a total of 13 different events. In other words, there are 13 events and each school will attend only three. My data...

Address merge into Publisher 2003 Document
Hello All, I am trying to get my addresses from a csv file into Publisher 2003 to print newsletters. Is there a way to create an address field in Publisher that merges or pulls the data from the source, but does not make a new page for each contact as it merges? I am working on an 8 page newsletter and I need the addresses to be dropped into the last page without changing the number of pages in the document in order for it to print correctly. Is anyone aware of any way to do this? I am also working on postcards and when I do the merge it gives me hundreds of pages, but it also give...

Connecting Documents
I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also on Publisher. How do I insert one Publisher document into another? You wouldn't. You'd save the ad as an image and then place it into your Publlisher newsletter. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Samantha Jayne" <Samantha Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C6ABC0A-9031-421F-976F-525D1D92A776@microsoft.com... > I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also > ...

Input a signature into word document
How can I scan a copy of my signature and input it into a word document? Scan it, save it, insert it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gilty" <gilty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9650CF-BBA2-4A71-8D8B-5E6285E3ECA6@microsoft.com... > How can I scan a copy of my signature and input it into a word document? ...

Remove Public Folder email address's
Hi After a pulic folder is created in error as email enabled is it possible to remove this function, so that it is not email enabled. Cheers Paul "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:222C07F9-C163-4A4C-9E3F-AD536D258350@microsoft.com... > Hi > After a pulic folder is created in error as email enabled is it possible to > remove this function, so that it is not email enabled. > > Cheers > > Paul Right-click the folder in ESM. You should see All Tasks->Mail Disable. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook ...

how to enable a GP user to add/remove/change other users??
We have a GP 2010 user who wants to add, remove, modify users, including which companies they can see. For now I'm forced to give her sa access, which is not good... How can I modify this user account so she can add/remove/modify users and configure which companies they can work on?? She already has PowerUser privileges but this is apparently not sufficient. Then I can change the sa password and keep that account safe... Thank you, Tom Follow these steps to enable POWERUSER to add/modify users: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/04/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-pow= eruser-role.html ...

Removing macros from an Excel spreadsheet
I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains a macro and am trying to create a simplified version of it without the macro. I have tried to remove the macro and have resaved the file under a different filename. My problem is that whenever I try to open the new file (which no longer has the macro) I still get the "macro warning" box appearing each time. I have tried removing the macro in several ways: i) Using Tools, Macro, Macros, Delete and ii) also using Alt-F11 to open the VB Editor and then selecting the Module in the "projects" browser, right clicking and choosing...

Word Hyperlinks Malfunction
When I click on a URL hyperlink in a Word document, I get the following message - "An unexpected error has occurred". No link in my brownser is made. ...

Creating word documents in SharePoint
Not sure if this is an SBS question or SharePoint so I posted in both NG's. I got an SBS 2008 server using WSS3.0 for companyweb. I want clients to be able to create new Word documents as opposed to creating them then uploading them. however I do not have the "Word" option when I am in any of the Documents Libraries and select "new". All I see is "New Folder". How do I add this option. Thanks. ...

MS Word 2002
I have MS office 2002 programs on my laptop (Windows Vista) and for some reason, whenever I go to click something on the menu bar - for instance File, Edit, or View - the drop-down won't show up. All I get is a vague outline of the right-hand side of the drop down. Same with text color, font style, etc. I can still use it, sort of; if I know that the Save As option is n number of spaces down when I click File, I can use the down-arrow key to move that many spaces. The thing is, I don't have all that memorized, and I really want to fix this. It's on all the Windows p...

Adding documents to "File"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I the Top line of word, where the apple logo, Word-File-Edit and so on. How do I get the &quot;last 6 documents&quot; that I have recently opened to appear when you clicl on &quot;File&quot;? In article <59bb8f2b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I the Top >line of word, >where the apple logo, Word-File-Edit and so on. How do I get the "last 6 >documents" that I have recently open...