How do I put a landscape table into a portrait report

I am writing a report in portait and want to place a table that is in
landscape into the report. . . how do I do this?

Thanks,

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm. Although the
stated purpose of this article is to explain how to put a portrait page
number (or header/footer) on a landscape page, it does start by explaining
how to create the required landscape section for your table.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am writing a report in portait and want to place a table that is in
> landscape into the report. . . how do I do this?
>
> Thanks,

0
Suzanne
5/27/2010 8:40:41 PM
Hello Gwen,

what you need is to turn your page(s) where your table will be located.

have a look at this tutorial:

http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/05/word-2002/how-to-set-document-pages-into-landscape-lengthwise-position-in-microsoft-word-2002/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

Pivot Tables #35
Hello All Is there a way to hide pivot items with a zero value? From Debra Dalgleish: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/c86f09fd8ed676a0/3b1644ae2db85083?q=pivot+table+hide+0+value+group:*excel*+author:dalgleish&rnum=2&hl=en#3b1644ae2db85083 or http://tinyurl.com/8phld If you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Tim wrote: > > Hello All > > Is there a way to hide pivot items with a zero value? -- Dave Peterson ...

Crystal Reports 9
Hi all, I am very new to Crystal Reports, and fairly new to the C++ world. I have an appliaction that used an older version of Crystal Reports, and used the Peplus.cpp and .h to implement the reports. The reports are all built, so I am not looking to re-create them, i would just like to know how to get them to open using Crystal Reports 9 ( which no longer supports peplus.cpp and .h) Any Help would be really appreciated. Thanks, CodeMonkey ...

Table relationship question
hi to all I'm fairly new at this but making great progress. I'm really struggling with part of a database I'm working on for a soccer club. Most of the work is done (contacts, registration, etc) but there is a part of the db that is giving me tons of trouble. This has to do with timetabling / scheduling. Basically, kids can sign up for classes that run in a Session (Fall, Winter, Spring, etc). Some of these classes run once a week at set times (eg, Tiny Tots), others run multiple times a week at varying times (eg, Junior Kicks). (this is deternmined by the le...

Allow mulitpul users to see a linked excel table at once?
I have an excel sheet that gets refreshed each day. I've linked a table to it. I've split the database and have a copy of the front end on other users desktop computeres so various users can look at the data at the same time. However, when one user is looking at the linked excel file no other user is able to see the linked excel data files. I thought the excel link would be read only and all users could see the data at the same time. ...

Put control above all other
Hi, Iam trying to make one window appear always above other in my dialog. I need it to my custom combobox. I know I can do it the way standard comboboxes are done, but maybe this is not the only possible approach. Currently Iam making my listbox (drop down list) to be child of desktop window. Iam a bit confused by how z-order of controls works, I thought that if I use BringWindowToTop() then this window should be rendered above all others, but actually this does not happen. Any hints would be very welcome. thanks. Hey Martin, The method I would use to use overlapping is as follows....

VBA to delete 200 Reports from MDB
I was given this code that would delete Queries starting with ~. And I thought maybe I would be able to use it to delete 200 reports, but I obviously do not understand this well enough, would someone please provide me some insight?? I looked at the MSysObjects table and figured that since all Reports are of TYPE = -32764 maybe I could change this line If VBA.InStr(Qdef.Name, "~") = 1 Then to If VBA.InStr(Qdef.TYPE, -32764) = 1 Then I have discovered that Qdef.name does not represent the fieldname NAME ??????? Thank you to anyone who helps.. This is what I started with>...

Table DROP Misfires
Programming in Acc2000/XP. I use the following code snippet to create 4 local tables: sSQL = "SELECT * INTO " & sTableName sSQL = sSQL & " FROM tblIndex " < tblIndex is replaced with tblDetail, etc sSQL = sSQL & "WHERE FALSE;" DoCmd.RunSQL sSQL, False That is the basic code. There are 4 routines; each creating a different table (copy of linked table structure). The 4 routines have the ability to create 2 different sets of tables. I end up with 8 tables which are temporary tables in a split db. The program collects and proce...

DATA > TABLE -- 2 variable data tables?
I have an excel s/s and several cells contain the same formula, "{=TABLE(E15,E9)}". How can i find out what TABLE(E15,E9) is doing? think it's performing some type of calculation. Is it a table array? any help is greatly appreciated -- efarha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- efarhat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39870 ...

Data Source in Pivot Tables
I am working in Excel 2003. I have a bumch of expense catergories that I would like to put into a pivot table. I also have a month and year column. So I put my year in the column part of the Pivot Table Chart Wizard and my month is the row part, and then all my expenses in the data portion. This works to a point. As soon as I go to my Pivot Table and change my dad to only view 1 or 2 expenses I lose the rest of the data. I have to go back in and add the rest again. Why is it doing this?? Is there a better way?? What am I doing wrong? When you clear a checkbox in a data field d...

Selectively Update Field in Table
I need to selectively update a field in my master table with new data. By selective I mean only records that meet a particular criteria need to be updated. My new data is in a different table, and they are related by repair order. This is the SQL code that Access generates: UPDATE RepairData LEFT JOIN DallasData ON RepairData.[Repair Order] = DallasData.[Repair Order] SET RepairData.[Material Out] = [DallasData].[Material Out] WHERE (((RepairData.Plant)="1103")); I know there are approx 75k records that need to be updated, but when I go to run this query Access ...

Report Print Preview in Access 2007
Problem is I can set up a report under properties to open in Print Preview as the default, but when I add it to the switchboard, it opens in Report view instead. How can I get it to use Print Preview mode when users open the report? Thank you for your time and assistance. Check the switchboard code. Look at the HandleButtonClick() routine. My switchboard was originally created in an older Access version. That routine contains a Select Case statement to process the various commans. The relevant one in my code reads: ' Open a report. Case conCmdOpenReport ...

Get rows from a queue table ?
I have an application where agents type in trouble tickets that they get via phone and email. Now there is to be a web portal that inserts rows to a ticket queue table. There will be a queue count displayed on the agent's screen along with a GET button. When this button is clicked, the first item in the queue must be populated on the screen and removed from the queue. Since there are multiple ticket agents working simultaneously, how can I code this to ensure that no two agents grab the same row or grab different rows but remove the wrong one? ...

Offline Terminal DataBase + Custom Table #3
Hello, I use the terminal database offline withe my POS (rms 1.3R). I create my database with Pos administrator, specifie the server for offline database. When I generate Z report , the database synchronize items and customers. But my problem is : I have a custom Table with Price connected to the Item's table, and this table doesn't synchronize with the offline database. Is it a solution to my problem ? or a tips ? Thanks Sorry for my english. Math ...

moving average of figures from separate tables
I have values for Jan to Dec for Year 1 in Table 1 and values for Jan to Dec for Year 2 in Table 2. I want to calculate averages in a 3rd table using source data from Tables 1 and 2. Table 3 also has columns Jan to Dec for Year 2 but the value for each month is based on values 6 months after the respective month and 6 months before the month. So in Table 3, column 1 under "Jan", I want the average value of Jul to Dec in Year 1 and Jan to June in Year 2. For column 2 "Feb" in Table 3, it would be the average value of Aug to Dec in Year 1 and Jan to Jul in Yea...

Copy setup tables to different great plains version
Hi, There is a techknowledge (KB872709) wherein you can copy setup tables from one company to another in Great Plains. Can I use this if the Great Plains version is different? I'll transfer the setup tables from Great Plains 6 to Great Plains 9. Or should I extract the data from Great Plains 6 then use Integration Manager to integrate it to Great Plains 9? Thanks, Mel It's difficult to give a blanket yes or no answer. You would need to compare the fields from table to table to determine if there are changes. For example, GL definitely has additional fields so you couldn't...

Why can't I see my OLE data in form view but can in table view
I have an icon on a subform which I have linked word/pdf documents to in order to view them. This has been performing well until recently and now I can't save any new data in the subform let alone inserting a new file. However when I go to table view the data is in fact there and I can also double click in the appropriate field to view the word/pdf document whilst double clicking on the icon returns ' OLE object is empty' - I'm confused !! ...

SSRS 2008 report parameter issue
We upgraded from 2005 to 2008 version and all existing reports were migrated with no issues. Most of these reports had date parameters and they all seem to be working fine. Then we developed a new report, with two date parameter, and deployed it on the server. This new report doesn't render the date parameter on the screen. As a matter of fact, we changed the parameter type to text and still user can't see the parameter on UI. We also removed the data source entirely, and just had the parameter on the report, to see if the parameter will show up on the UI, and that yielde...

The clipart I put in my Publisher document has disappeared! Why?
We put together a calendar with lots of clip art inserted in each month. Even though we have made numerous changes to it throughout the year, the clip art pictures have always stayed in place....until today. Suddenly, when I opened the document, they were all gone, except for the last two clip art items I added. When I went back into the document several minutes later, even those last two were gone. (??) How do I get the pictures back? I believe they are still there, but just hidden behind a layer or something similar to this. Help? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/s...

putting data into multiple tables
Using Access 2002 and would like to enter data into form which will then send to fields in multiple tables and update them. Can this be done and how need basic explanation Why do you want to send the data to different Tables? If The Tables all belong to the same Database. ie you're not dealing with different back-end systems, you probably have a serious normalization problem. Data should normally only have to be in one table in a relational database. Pieter "Phillipa" <Phillipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:994354EC-1216-4EEB-9CA9-D9F0880B03C5@mic...

Putting PST files back on Outlook 2003
I had to wipe the computer due to a virus. Now, I need to put back the PST files hoping the 4,500 contacts & data are still in tact. How do I put them back in Outlook? I need step-by-step instructions! Copy the data files to Documents Folder first. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Grey Goose" <greygoose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23mpIZ8IOKHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I had to wipe the computer due to a virus. Now, I need to put back the PST >files hoping the 4,500 contacts & data are still in tact. How do ...

Toolbars In Access 2007 Reports
I have reports that I created in 2003 with custom toolbars. I open the reports from a form command button. I opened the program in 2007 and all seems to be well until I open a report. It opens with the banner and the pane with all the objects and the report shows up in the lower right hand corner like the objects in design view. I use the shrinker/stretch on all the forms to get them to fill the screen. There is no way to use this on the reports. Is there a way to get these reports to open as a full screen with the toolbars present? Thank you. On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 05:11:01...

MS CRM contacts should be linkable to a reports too for org chart
Mapping relationshps is key to account planning. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20b4c74b-bbf4-4a9e-8175-550557febb4b&dg=microsoft.public.crm On Jun 14,...

Crystal Reports 9.2.2 07-06-04
Anybody know where I can download Crystal Reports update 2 9.2.2, I have CR 9.0 Thnx.... Here you go: http://www.workopia.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi? ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000047 Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Anybody know where I can download Crystal Reports update 2 >9.2.2, I have CR 9.0 > >Thnx.... >. > Thnx my friend >-----Original Message----- >Here you go: > >http://www.workopia.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi? >ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000047 > > >Frank Lee >Workopi...

Crystal Reports 08-24-04
Does anyone use the Crystal Reports that comes with Visual Studio .NET for CRM? I am trying to find the most economical way to try Crystal Reports with CRM as a proof of concept. Barry Barry: They are very specific as which version of Crystal you use with CRM. It is my understanding that it has to be version 9.2.2. The Professional Edition of this version can be downloaded at: ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip The Developer Edition of this version can be downloaded at: ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRDev922.zip You will need a key to activ...

Report from MVP Summit
Please just reference this message the next time one of those insane "MFC is dead" discussions starts up... Microsoft has admitted they have not publicized well their commitment to MFC and native code, but it is there and they will make this more apparent in the future. .NET has not killed MFC, nor is there anything in the plans through the next two releases to kill MFC and native code. Rather the opposite: there is a commitment to support them and enhance them. The technical people feel that the perception that MFC is dead is the result of poor publicity, not anything rooted in ...