how do I omit a page number on the last page

we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems to
work.
Thanks.

{ IF { PAGE } < { NUMPAGES } { PAGE } } will do it if you haven't restarted
numbering.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Kristij" <Kristij@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
> research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems
> work.
> Thanks.

0
Suzanne
12/8/2009 4:33:11 AM
This is what I do
Under Page Layout add a section break in the next to last page.
Then go to last page, click in the footer.  The header/foot tools | Design
should appear - under Navigation, click highlighted button at top "Link to
Previous".  Delete any page number information in footer.  You should now
have pg number in all but the last page.

"Kristij" wrote:

> we need to delete a page number from the footer of the last page of a
> research paper.  We are using Word 2007.  None of the previous helps seems to
> work.
> Thanks.

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

Excel 2003 random number generator
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003 will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

Fixed Number of Columns
After manipulating data in Excel I would like to copy and paste the data in a text editor. The data should be in fixed format, for example integer numbers should end in columns with multiples of 5. The text is then used as input to an old fashioned program which requires that the data be aligned I changed the font in Excel to Courrier New and then selected a column width of 5. When I copy the data to a text editor it copies some tab marks and the columns do not align. How can I make things align in the text editor? Vino, You can use a macro: copy the code below, then paste into a module...

Picking Random Numbers
I have been tasked with coming up with a form that will automatically assign a random number to an individual with the click of a button. The number is 7 digits in length. Each element of the number can range from 1 to 9. Something simular to a lottery number picker. Does anyone have any sample code that I can refer to? Thanks in advance! Dwight Function GenerateRandomNumber() As String Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strResult As String Randomize For lngLoop = 1 To 7 strResult = strResult & Format((Int(9 * Rnd) + 1), "0") Next lngLoop GenerateRandomNumber = strResu...

format numbers in hexadecimal
I'd like to display numbers in hexadecimal and still be able t calculate with them. DEC2HEX() and HEX2DEC() are available as functions (I think they're i the Analysis ToolPak) but I'd rather avoid adding these to ever calculation. That is, for example, I don't want to have to change every formula "=A1+A2" to "=dec2hex(hex2dec(A1)+hex2dex(A2))". Any idea how to add "Hex" as another numeric format choice, so tha numbers are displayed directly in hex -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com stan_shepherd wrote... >I'd like to ...

how to use TrackPopupMenu last parameter
Hi, I need to make a menu that does not disappear. (Odd, yes. I need to let users edit menu resources at runtime and would like to display the menus as how they would actually look.) So I'm looking at CMenu's TrackPopupMenu function, whose last parameter is LPCRECT lpRect. I figure if I set this rectangle to be (0, 0, screen width, screen height), then even if the user clicks elsewhere on the screen, the menu won't disappear, right? I tried the following code and the menu still disappears when I randomly click elsewhere in the application. What am I doing wrong? void CMenuVi...

how to find numbers that give another number
hi all. I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and find the numbers that once summed give the number in cell b5 for example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!! You would need the solver http://tinyurl.com/4doog example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145464775.044405.243700@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > hi all. > I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and > find the numbers that once summed give the number in ce...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Adding Property pages from Dll?
Hi, I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my dialog box. I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via a dll? Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but I cannot find it. Any hint? Many thanks Simon. I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a CProp...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

PAGES DISAPPEARED
I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't insert a page without losing the preceeding page. I'm not sure they're gone, but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen that contain the page numbers are gone. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007). Any ideas? You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs back. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

Getting info from the last used cell
Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and "End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a total. I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used. Example: The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other cells. I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals". -- Ed Davis ...

How to generate dynamic XML from aspx page
Dear Friends, I was using the below code in ASP to dynamically generate XML from a SQL Query Does anyone knows how can I migrate this code to VB and ASPX? Regards Robson Machado Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write "<?xml version='1.0' ?>" dim RS, CN set CN = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") set RS = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") CN.ConnectionString = strConnect CN.Open RS.Open SQLStmt,cn Response.Write "<ROOT>" Response.Write RS2XML(RS,"RESULT") Response.Write "</R...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

Query about Last Cell reference.
I have 12 sheets, which holds monthly information. Data exists in Column A through K, row 1 down to row 500. I have a formula in cell AZ1 (done to ensure no one can find it and subsequently delete it). When I depress CTRL+END it takes me to AZ500 (as expected). The question I have is that as all my data is going to be in Columns A through K and rows 1 to 500, if I reset the Last Cell to say K500 would it achieve faster saves to a LAN?. Please note that the value from AZ1 is used in column G1 – G500. All views greatly appreciated. First, you can olnly "reset" the last cell ...

Set print area on several pages at once in Excell Workbook?
How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell workbook at one time instead of having to set it one page at a time? You would have to write a macro to do this. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "willow" <willow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A934EF4-AF5F-49F5-9F0A-1BB51A45F66C@microsoft.com... > How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell > workbook at one > time instead of having to set it one page at a time? When you have the workbook open, ther...

Page Numbers
I want to print just one page of my money file. Is there any way I can tell what the page number is of what I have on the screen? Thanks "one page of [your] Money file." I presume by that you mean one screen's worth of register view or something, not one page of a report??? You are going to need to do something like copy it to the clipboard (Alt+PrtSc) and then paste it into Word or WordPad. If you mean reports, then I'd check out Adobe Acrobat or some of the work-alike PDF file generating print drivers. The print your reports to a PDF file. From there, look at the gener...

number of cells
Hi there; 1-What is the equation to find the number of cells in a range which their values are more than 0.0? 2- How to count the number of cells in range which for every 3 consqueative cells are non 0.0, I mean if cells 1, 2, and 3 are more than 0.0, then count = 1 then next 3 cells, ... and if one 3 consequative cells have (even one cell) a 0.0 value then that 3 cells donot add to our count number? Appreciate any help. Best Darius Is this a homework assingment. look in help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Darius" <Darius@discussion...

Where do I configure OWA logoff Page?
Hello, Please can someone tell me how to change the logoff of OWA to something other than a page not found message? I cannot seem to find the solution to this problem, but every time I logoff OWA, I get a page that makes me feel like I did something wrong. Can someone please help? Thanks State your version of Exchange and ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Catherine&quo...

Odd-numbered Font Sizes When Composing
When composing e-mails, the font size selector in the formatting toobar only shows even-numbered fonts, i.e. 8, 10, 12. I need to compose in 11-point. I can go into Tools/Options/Fonts and set up new messages for 11-point, but when I go to compose a message, it always goes to 12. ...

I Made $1.25 million last year alone, I'll show you how!!!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Tony Stevens and for many years I worked for other people on the daily grind. 9 - 5 and much longer hours for what now seems like very poor pay. I suppose looking back on it now, I didn't really know how trapped I was until I discovered an easy way to make money using Ebay and the Internet. Since then I haven't looked back and have been making money consistently. For a long time now, I have been developing a number of interesting methods that can realize lots of money both on and off ebay. I am now offering you the opportunity to do the same. Each me...