How do I leave the right margin open ended?

I am writing a paper, and for some reason, my right margin is set up so that
all of the text ends in the same spot. I've never had this happen before. How
to I get the document back to where the text is open ended in the right
margin.

I believe from your description your paragraph style is for Justified text,
change the alignment to left.
You probably hit Ctrl+J, which is the keyboard shortcut for Justified
alignment. Press Ctrl+L for Left alignment.
If this is not what you are asking, please reply with more details on how
the rgiht margin can be "open ended".
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Kelli" wrote:

> I am writing a paper, and for some reason, my right margin is set up so that
> all of the text ends in the same spot. I've never had this happen before. How
> to I get the document back to where the text is open ended in the right
> margin.

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Can't Open Recurring Appointment
I have a weekly recurring appointment that won't open. The MS Outlook error message says: "Can't open this item. You must enter a positive duration." What is this and how do I rectify it if I can't open the event? Thanks. ...

Can't open Outlook #9
For the last week every time I've tried to launch Outlook I get the message that program file addin "msspc.ecf" could not be installed...There is an error in the syntax or format of the file. I contacted Microsoft and the fixes sent to me didn't work. They included replacing the damaged extension, removing registry entries, and refreshing the extend.dat file. I also removed and reinstalled Outlook. Gosh I hope someone has figured this one out. I really need to get Outlook back. Mabe ...

auto open all columns to their maximum
I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. Since you have CSV file format, each person will need to highlight a row, Format - Columns - Autofit. "Paul" wrote: > I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the > CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. actually...to play it safe and avoid dropping leading zero's....the user should open in wordpad, not excel.... "Paul" wrote: > I ...

Outlook 2010 opens with calender
First started in Outlook 2007, I uninstalled 2007, but setting still transferred to 2010. I cannot find in either program, how to switch the default opening back to e-mail -- Art outlook 2007 and older: tools, options, other tab, advanced button - very top option. outlook 2010: file, options, advanced - second option down. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

Outlook won't open #13
Hi I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registry key or profile file. Any ideas? Dave Logan wrote: > Hi > > I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It > displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just > hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and > Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registr...

File not opening #2
I've got the same problem that I've been reading here and on the ExcelTips website. When I try to open 2 of the spreadsheets on my system, I get a " 'C:\Documents and Settings\........\spreadsheet.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and ..... (you know the rest)" I have tried the: excel /unregserver excel /regserver I have tried the: uncheck the ignore other applications I have tried the: regedit - remove dups (there were none) The directory with this spreadsheet (on my PC) is shared with 2 other computers (separate network - ...

Publisher 2007 open files problem with Server 2003
I have a very small network using Server 2003 and when we used Publisher 2003 It downloaded files from the Server to the Client Computers very fast. Now It takes 2-3 min. for small files and 3-5 min. for large files. There are a lot of pictures in these files but the same files opened in pub 2003 with no problems. Is there a solution for this issue. Thanks for your help. Maybe this article is your answer An Office program is slow or may appear to stop responding (hang) when you open a file from a network location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833041 -- Mary Sauer http://m...

Error opening subform/form
When i use an access database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are loaded before the main form as it should be. When i use an sql server database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are NOT loaded before the main form. Can anyone please help me? Laura Laura, you cannot alter the way Access fires its events, so you will need to learn to work with it. Typcially when Access opens a form, it fires the subform's Open event before the main form's. But that does not mean it loads the *records* of the subform before the ...

How to turn off maximizing other documents when opening a new word
When you have a few word documents minimizes and you open a new word document, one of the minimized documents maximizes too. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance? ...

How to use AdvancedFilter wildcard to match end of string?
Using AdvancedFilter, I would like to match fields whose text values END with a specific character. For example, I'd like *o to match 'hippo', 'banjo', but NOT 'support'. Currently, when I apply the *o criterion, I get results that include all fields with an 'o' in any character position. Can someone please show me how to restrict the match to the end of the string only? One caveat: I imagine this may require use of a formula criterion, rather than the more simple form using column headings in the criteria range. But if it's possible to accomplish this...

Outlook 2007 won't open at all
Outlook 2007 won't open when I click on the icon. Can you help? -- Have a good day! What happens when you try? Can you start Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch? See if this helps - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/tsol.htm#cls -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "godprayer" <godprayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6FDCF35-6F46-484F-842E-E922A140...

Excel leave calendar
Does anybody know where I can get or a tutorial to do a staff works annual leave calendar. Thanks Nigel ...

Opening a dialog in a more helpful position
I have the following line in a button event on FormA: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormB", WindowMode:=acDialog This opens FormB in the EXTREME upper left of the Access window, where the user will probably miss it. Is there a way to make FormB open in the middle of FormA? Thanks, Tom If you open the form in Design View, and go to properties, on the Format tab, there is an option to "Auto Center". Set that to yes and the form will automatically open to the middle of your screen. ...

Subform opens before main form
Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the sub-form when it opens? JimP wrote: >Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? > >Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the >sub-form when it opens? No. The usual way to do something like that is for the subform to pull the value from the main form in the subform's Open or Load event. Use the Load event is you want are assigning variable to a control's Value. Since the main...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #3
Not really what I am looking for. As I will be displaying differen sheets depending on what link is clicked, I don't need to have default sheet, instead I need to specify a different sheet to b displayed before excel is opened. i.e. A link for the prices sheet opens the spreadsheet on the price sheet, and straight after there is a link to the sales sheet, whic opens the spreadsheet on the sales sheet on the spreadsheet. Hope that makes more sense, Dav -- david.willi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

What antivirus on Front-End server?
Hi, can somebody recommend me an antivirus software what supports Exchange Front-End server? We use eTrust Antivirus with Exchange option, but it scans only mailbox store. I want to block viruses and some attachments on our FE server first. Tom. On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:13:03 -0800, "flyok" <flyok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >can somebody recommend me an antivirus software what supports Exchange >Front-End server? >We use eTrust Antivirus with Exchange option, but it scans only mailbox store. >I want to block viruses and some attachments on our FE se...

Outlook Hangs with Open dialog
Whenever I want to add an attachment and try to navigate the open dialog hangs for about 1 minute. Getting very frustrating. Please help... I have Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568 sp2) I'm having the same problem (file save as or open dialog freezes) with all Office 2003 applications. Did you ever solve this problem? "Lou" wrote: > Whenever I want to add an attachment and try to navigate the open dialog > hangs for about 1 minute. > Getting very frustrating. Please help... > I have Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568 sp2) > > > Are you accessing a network drive? ...

can't get my inbox to open
When I get to Outlook I can't get my inbox to open. the following message appears: C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook|Debbie S.pst. Quit all mailenabled applications, and use the Inbox Repair tool. When I try to use the repair tool it won't work Help! MY FRIEND TRY DETECT AND REPAIR OUTLOOK USE YOUR OFFICE CD .. AND TRY 2 SEE IF YOU CAN GET INTO INBOX OK.. GOODLUCK MICHAEL KHAN >-----Original Message----- >When I get to Outlook I can't get my inbox to open. the >following message appears: >C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application >...

Set sale price based on Sale start date and sale end date.
I want to change the sale price for items currently on sale by selecting the sale start date and sale end date in the Inventory wizard Task 110. Problem is that the filter option does not have these as options. How can I add these selections to the filter? The only way I've found to do it is to select a department, set the sale dates, delete all the items from the department off the worksheet, then add the items. I have a department set up with no items in it just for this purpose. Craig "LLoyd" <LLoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B1CCBB3-1FCF-...

size of window upon opening a spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open my spreadsheet, sometimes it opens to a window that only shows the cells I want to see. Other times it opens showing those cells plus several rows and columns larger. Why does it not always show the area that was shown when it was last saved? I'm not sure I have the 'absolute' answer because I experience the same sort of thing once in a while � not just with Excel or Office, but a variety of file types. However, the way it reputedly works is that the window size retained should be whateve...

Exchange front end and back end servers
I am about ready to install Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 as a front end > server. I am running Exchange 2000 as a Back end server. I would like to know what installation path should I take. First Exchange 2003 server on network? Or additional servers? Another question is do I have to run the Forest prep and domain prep as well? I will eventually be upgrading the back end Exchange 2000 server but not for a few months down the road. I can not find any bit of info in any of Microsofts pages in regards to this. Please help. Thank you --- Chuck Try MSEXCHANGE.ORG. They have an excellent...

open publication publisher 2002 in different versions of publishe
someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in different version of publisher say pub 2000 You should be able to open almost all versions of Publisher in Publisher 2002. Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gza" <gza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1A9535D-6C88-4AE7-A495-D704CC2D06DD@microsoft.com... > someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in > different versi...

Can't open any calendar items
This morning, I woke to discover that I could not open or create any appointments. I see them in Calendar view, the various Open and New commands show available, but invoking them does nothing. I can create new email messages, contacts, notes, tasks...but no appointments. I can point to nothing that has caused this, and am hoping that there is something I can try before resorting to a reinstall. Anyone...? Rick A. Pleasanton, CA Are you using a .PST file? If so, try running the Inbox Repair Tool against it to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called sca...

Outlook 2003 remains open.
I have installed Office 2003 Pro and I am having a problem with Outlook closing. When I close, it appears to do so. When I look in the right side of the Windows XP Pro Taskbar I see it still there. When I attempt to open Outlook again it will not. I then looked in the Task Manager/Processes and see two Outlook.exe's running. When I close them the Icons will go away. I can then open Outlook but the same thing happens when I close it. For some reason Outlook remains running. Please Help Thanks,Ray When you run a Microsoft Office XP program, the file Ctfmon.exe (Ctfmon) runs in th...