How do I add the file path as a footnote in word 2007?

I am trying to add the full file path on word footnotes. On Word 2003 there
was a button to click and it did it.. but I'm having problems finding how to
do it on 2007.

I do not have "2.	Locate the Building Block named File Name And Path" how do
I find it?

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300002951033.aspx

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"dmower" <dmower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to add the full file path on word footnotes. On Word 2003 there
> was a button to click and it did it.. but I'm having problems finding how
> do it on 2007.

0
Suzanne
11/9/2009 10:36:46 PM
MVP Suzanne S. Barnhill replied through the NNTP newsgroup, which is
currently not connected to the Web interface:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300002951033.aspx

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP          FAQ: http://word.mvps.org

"dmower" wrote:

> I do not have "2.	Locate the Building Block named File Name And Path" how do
> I find it?
>
> "dmower" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to add the full file path on word footnotes. On Word 2003 there
> > was a button to click and it did it.. but I'm having problems finding how to
> > do it on 2007.

Converting Publisher.pub to Micrsoft Word.doc
If I have a document that was created with Microsoft Publisher and need to convert it to Microsoft Word format with it's built=in graphics, how can I convert it or where? I am running Microsoft Publisher (Trial) and the response I get back when trying to save it as Word 97-2003: "The file type you selected only supports text. To save only the text of this publication, click OK. And, only allows me to save it as a .pub format to save the entire publication. Word and Publisher are not exactly compatible. Word will accept graphics reluctantly. You can copy/paste the images, you ca...

shared workbook in excel 2007
So many horror stories about shared excel workbooks crashing or losing data. I would like to have a shared excel workbook for our budget, shared among 30 people, who would enter in their budgets for specific departments. Are there users that have sucessfully utilized shared workbooks with 20-30 users? If so, what tips/secrets do you have to avoid the pitfalls of other sites, who have problems??? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to Create a Quiz with Free Quiz Template in Adobe Flash MX, Flash 8, Flash CS3, Flash CS4 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tuto...

converting from quicken 2004 to money 2007
I downloaded the Money 2007 for Windows free trial, and I can't convert my existing quicken file (15.8MB). I tried with a different quicken file (500 kB) and that converted immediately. Right after "Money is converting your file!", I am asked for my password, and then I get "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory." I tried this with nothing else running except Money, and I got the same problem. I have 10GB of free space on the drive I am using. I am using Windows...

.qfx file in excel
my bank for some reason will only allow me to download my statement in a qfx file (quicken) but i dont have any quicken programs i use excel to manage my finances how can i open this file up??? If the bank does not have .text (.txt) or comma separated variables (.csv), which would probably be listed as spreadsheet format, then I would complain to the bank. Meanwhile you could copy and paste from your checking activity HTML pages. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

.mdi Files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have some .mdi files (generated at work with some lab software). They seem to open okay on my work PC. Is there any way that I can get Office 2008 and a MAC to recognize / open these? No, .mdi is a Windows-only format exclusive to the Microsoft Document Imaging program... Even other Windows apps can't read or create them. If you can get them into a Windows box open them in MDI & then Save As TIFF to get a format that can be opened by graphics apps or inserted into other documents as a picture. TIFF files are ...

Unable to start up my Excel files
One of my users have this odd issue with his Excel 2003. He's unable to start the files directly but instead he must start a blank excel sheet then open his files from there. Is there a solution to this issue? Please advise. Thanks! Dell 170L P4 800mghz 1gbram Windows XP Pro SP2 Office 2003 SP2 Could the problem be that he cannot open files by double-clicking on them from Windows Explorer, but must open Excel (which will launch a blank sheet) and then open them directly from there using File / Open... If so then tell him to try Tools / Options / General / untick 'Ignore Othe...

File password override
I'm trying to restore a backup file. Money is asking for a file password. I enter the password that is appropriate for the Passport account used to lock the file, but Money will not accept that. I wonder if this file has a seperate file password and if so, I have no memory of what it may have been. Is there some way to reset it? Is there some other way in to this file? Thanks Though I sympathize with your problem, I certainly hope there's no back door. If there is, I'm going back to paper records. I shudder to think that a hacker could conceivably get an older backup file an...

Exchange 2007 and EFORMS REGISTRY
Hi, on technet I found the information that custom forms are de-emphasized. Does that mean that even if I create a public folder store in Ex2007 I cannot have an organizational forms library for my MAPI form definitions? If that is true, how am I supposed to manage the GUI of MAPI items of my message classes in the enterprise? Please don't tell me that MAPI form configurations have to be published to each and every mailbox where my message classes should be useable. That sounds like a deployment nightmare. Please don't tell me either that one has to keep a pre-Ex2007 server jus...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

Outlook 2007 (Trial) Tools->Options and Tools>Customize disabled
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2007 (Trial) (12.0.4518.1014) onto a fresh Vista Home Premium Platform. The install went fine, but when I accessed the Tools menu, I found the "Customize" and "Options" menu items to be disabled. I still have 2 weeks before my trial license expires. Is this a restrictions on the trial version? Thanks, Randy Trial versions of all Office programs are full versions limited only to = the 30 or 60 day trial limit. Have you tried running Office Diagnostics on your Office installation? = Where in Outlook are you seeing these items...

Outlook 2007 is a BIG CPU hog!
Is it just me, or is Outlook 07 a big hog of my resources? At times it seems to take like a full minute to "open" up the app, when I restart.... And sometimes I get that "sorry, the Personal Folders area might have been damaged, so we have to check that" and then the app churns and churns for like 5 minutes. Why does that happen when I just normally do the Start > Restart process...ie does it not close down properly? As you can tell btw, I'm an OE guy now since w2k....but wanted to move "up" to Outlook....but the cost in performance has me secong gue...

Access 2007 Ribbons
Hi All I am currently rebuilding one of my Access 2000 applications in Access 2007. On the Access 2000 application I had 2 Tool bars and a shortcut menu on most of the forms/reports 1. A "Print" tool bar and a "Print" menu for all Reports 2. A "Form" tool bar and a "Form" menu for all main forms 3. A Shortcut menu with Cut, Copy, Paste that could be used where needed. On Importing to the new Access 2007 database the shortcut menu is thankfully still available, although how you would rebuild or add to it is not clear. But, the toolbars and menus ar...

2007 Deluxe
I have Money 2007 Deluxe box version that is still updating. As per on line policy it should have expired yesterday. Also should have gotten a notice of expiration. I have received no notice. This is a positive sign for all users. Cindy On Sep 2, 10:06=A0am, "Cindy Conover" <ccono...@kwnospamtrucklease.com> wrote: > I have Money 2007 Deluxe box version that is still updating. As per on li= ne > policy it should have expired yesterday. Also should have gotten a notice= of > expiration. I have received no notice. =A0This is a positive sign for all > users. &g...

'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Server in the DPS Server Setup Window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C9BDE1.B1EBED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Issue 'Server XXXX not available' occurs when trying to add a process server = in the DPS Server Setup window.=20 Resolution If the Process Monitor is not running at the workstation you are trying = to add as a new process server, you will receive the message 'Server = XXXX not available'.=20 To start the Process Monitor, drag the Dynamics.set file on top of the = DPS.exe file in your...

Outlook 2007 Pro nd Quicken
I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and deposit reminders to the Outlook Calendar. Cool! Is there any way to configure how far out the reminders are sent or received from Quicken? Thx Jerry Windows Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 Pro Trial "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79AFBEA-7EFE-4977-97A7-0DE108500DF6@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that > Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and...

Set color for chart serie in excel 2007/2010
Hi! I want to do a macro that sets the color for the chart series to the color the company has desided to use. We have a theme but we can only set color for the first 6 series and we often use much more series. I have understod that this isnt so easy as to loop thru the series and set the color since the color is set on different ways depending on the charttype for the serie, or is it a way to do this so it works for all chart types? thanks As you say only six basic colours are available. However each subsequent set of six is a shade lighter, although each incremental differe...

Access 2007 date function not working
I had a database in Access 2003 that I imported into 2007 and all works well except the date function in Reports. I have tried to go into reports and repair by adding a date field, but when I try to open the report and error box comes up asks for update parameter value for the date. The currrent date will not display in my reports, just (#name?) is in the date field. You would think trying to put the current date in a report would be easy. -- Thanks, Mark Use this --- =Date() -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Mark K" wrote: > I had a database in Access ...

File set up query.
Can i set up an excel file to open automatically on pc start up? The easiest is to use the Startup folder available in the Start Menu. To access it go to Start - Programs - Startup. You can delete or add tasks here according to your needs. They will start after Windows logon. When you start Excel, all the files that are located in the XLStart folder are automatically opened. Additionally, if you specified an alternative startup folder for Excel, every file in that folder is also automatically opened. To specify an alternative startup folder, in Microsoft Excel 2002 or Microsof...

Sorting file list by date/time...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date and time, but contains only the filenames. Is there a MFC function or a shell function of the OS which could ease the job instead of doing it manually? Regards, Diana On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:39:50 +0200, "Diana Bulthaupt" <Diana.Bulthaupt(at)web.de> wrote: >does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a >directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date >an...

csv-file problems with different regions
I have imported an American csv-file into a German Excel XP. The American $-values are separated by a "." while the German currency values are separated by a ",". So now my spreadsheet reads a value of $ 18.01 as 18. January. All values above 18.12 are ok. How can I avoid this problem? Or, can I change the values tediously one cell after the other? I have not found a way yet as even when I try to format a cell user defined it automatically changes to the format used in the German region. Thanks. Hans Temporarily change the regional settings on your computer to the same f...

How to add columns?
I've looked and looked but cannot figure out how to add columns. It's probably right in front of me and I'm just blind maybe. Appreciate any help. Noodles, insert, column, if you want to put a column in between some, if you want more than 256 columns this can not be done in excel -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Noodles" <noodles@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b656a15dpsgqgmov453p69nq2l...

how to edit Adobe file
how to edit Adobe file Most certainly not in Word. pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed' files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can not be edited. If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a few simple conversions. There are ...

Can I access the previous version of a saved file?
I overwrote an excel file by mistake, using the save as command to an incorrect file. Is there any way to recover the previous file before I "saved as" over it? Hi! I'm using Excel 10 (XP)......WinXP....... If I have an existing file and open it, make some changes, then do a SAVE AS and give it a different name, the newly "saved as" file is a completely *NEW* file and the original is still in tact with the previous file name. Try looking for the previous file name. Biff "JCC" <JCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CAD1748-1D5C...

unable to do 1/4 page landscape postcard in publisher 2007
I am trying to do a 1/4 page LANDSCAPE layout in publisher where I can print 4 postcards per page in the landscape mode. I have done this for years with 2003, but now with the new 2007, I can do it in PORTRAIT mode, but not landscape. I do not like the looks of in portrait, but everything that I have tried, will not work. If I try to print in landscape, it will only do 2 per page, not the 4 needed. I have done custom pages, with multiple pages per sheet, but I cannot get it do in landscape. Help please! Use one of Avery's US postcard templates in page layout. They work every ...

Keep EPM 2007 Updated
It's quite difficult to follow all EPM updates : Cumulative Update, HotFix, for ProjectServer, Office Project, Windows SharePoint and so on... To get a clear view and save time in update process we've published a map showing all hot fix, and cumulative update since April 09. This document provides you direct link to Knowledge base article (description of resolved problems) and Download request. Access is public and free : hope this help. http://mind42.com/pub/mindmap?mid=4b8bbfe3-cf81-4d8d-aae6-bd1213d223f0 We'll try to keep this map updates. Xavier HOVASSE www.ixila.c...