How can I reduce the white space in the footnote section?

Word 2007

When I make footnotes a section is automatically created above the footer
and with a short left-aligned horizontal line separating it from the main
text body of the page.
There is a large white space between the first footnote and the horizontal
line above it. How can I reduce this white space?
Thanks for any help you can give.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm for information on
formatting the footnote separator, which appears to have acquired some
Spacing After or perhaps an empty paragraph following.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Tod Levitt" <Tod Levitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2007
>
> When I make footnotes a section is automatically created above the footer
> and with a short left-aligned horizontal line separating it from the main
> text body of the page.
> There is a large white space between the first footnote and the horizontal
> line above it. How can I reduce this white space?
> Thanks for any help you can give.

0
Suzanne

Can I delete parts of Office?
I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinking about deleting all the MS apps except for Word and Excel. Can I do this without messing up Word and Excel to the point that I need to reinstall? I would just try it, but I'm away from home and don't have access to my Office install CD. Any help that could be provided would be great. Thanks <beau.keyes@gmail.com> wrote: > I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard > drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinki...

I can't open an Excel file sent via a PC

Can I Order My Collection?
All, If I want to build a collection in a specific order, and I'm filling it from a TableAdapter whose source query I can not change, how would I put it in the order of one of the columns in the underlying query? I've tried various things as spelled out in my book and other sources, but nothing seems to "recognize" a column name. Here's what I have; Me.QRY_ButtonsTableAdapter.ClearBeforeFill = True Me.QRY_ButtonsTableAdapter.Fill(Me.L55TimerDataSet.QRY_Buttons) Dim Row As Integer = 0 Dim ButRecds = L55TimerDataSet.Tables("...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

Can't uninstall Outlook 2002
Outlook 2002 quits sending email. I tried to uninstall Outlook to reinstall, but getting a patch error. Any suggestions? Yes, I suggest that you give a heckuva lot more details than what you have given. When did it stop sending mail? Did you use the Test Account Settings to see what the error might be? Have you changed ISPs? Does your ISP require that you log onto their incoming server before sending mail? Why do you want to uninstall Outlook? It never solves a problem, just takes up a few minutes of your time and returns you to the exact same settings. Try running Detect and Repair f...

Money 2007 Business Section
A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause definite problems. 1. When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took place on the invoice. So there is no way to show your client what date the service you're billing them for took place. There is no report in the system that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or reported on either. This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK since it was the same in 2006. That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed (per MS). 2. When invoicing tim...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

One or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed
I am receiving the following reminder when attempting to dismiss a stale reminder that only appears whenever I access my Exchange email account via Outlook Web Access: "one or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed" This reminder is for a meeting that occurred a couple of months ago. It was deleted by me in Outlook at my workstation in the office and does not physically appear on the Calendar when using Outlook at the office. It DOES appear on the calendar when accessing via Outlook Web Access from the internet but is not deletable or modifiable in any way...

can,t find my e-mail address
please help reply thank you "dc columbus robbins" <robbinsnest@localnet.com> wrote in message news:eJFE6ktBIHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > please help reply thank you This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. You need to find a newsgroup for the software you are using. And, just for your information, you have to be a great deal more specific about what you are doing, and what is happening, if you expect anyone to be able to give you a helpful answer. "Can't find my e-mail address" doesn't tell ...

Logo showing white background
I have created a logo but when I save it and paste it in a different publication, the white edges show up over the background of the new publication. How can I save the original logo so the white background does not appear over new/different publications? What format is the logo? If it is a vector, you can ungroup and delete the background. If it is a bitmap use the transparency tool on the drawing toolbar, click the white background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pappabake" <pappabake@discussions...

Newbie question, can't get a handle on the handles <g> ... ?
How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third, how do we do this? I'm sorry for such a simple question, but I've looked through the help and on the web and I think it's because I don't know what it's called. Anyhoo, pls advise! Tx. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Dylan56 <No@SpamAtAll.com> > How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., > when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third,...

Publisher has turned yellow. How do I make it white again??
When I open Publisher, it seems to have aquired its own colour scheme - the blank page is yellow. How do I make it white again? I have searched all the menus but cannot find anything that helps. It's driving me mad!! It only happened in the last few weeks, and I've no idea what I did to change it. I'm usung Publisher 2000. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from butterflyj <butterflyj@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When I open Publisher, it seems to have aquired its own colour > scheme - the blank page is yellow. How do I ma...

How can I change the program used when following a hyperlink
I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files, gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a gif file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in using IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop. But I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not editing, the files Anyone got any ideas JimR Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the hyperlink field): Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String) Dim browser As Vari...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

can not insert a mail model in a compaign mail activity ?
Hello, When I am trying to send a simple mail, I can insert an email template. but when I plan a compaign based on mailing I can't make an email based on template ... So what what should I do to enable this functionality knowing that it's very intersting ability in a CRM Thanks in advance ...

Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules
I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of the words are already there. So apparently the filter isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it. Can anyone help? The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a "readme" type file to sh...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

can I do a floor plan on Publisher?
can I do a floor plan on Publisher? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Do you dislike yourself so much that you'd want to even try? Programs that do plans like that are cheap - check your local Office Max or Staples. You can probably buy one for $30 these days. (I suppose you could conceivable do it. I have 22 yrs of drafting behind me and there's no way in hell I'd even attempt that. I'd use graph paper and a pencil before I tried using Publisher for that task.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fran" <fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Can this be done? #2
i have a list of about 10000 products that I'm trying to make a repor on, They are in excel and can easily be cut and pasted to a ne location, I am using crystal reports for the report and the repor requires me to take these products and list them in a way that th formula can work. as of now the products are listed in excel in a single row such as product1 product2 product3 etc etc for my formula to work i need it listed EXACTLY as is "product1","product2","product3" etc Is there any way I can automate this process, this is a very tediou job that ca...

can't get pc to hibernate
I have windows XP sp2, Sometimes in hibernation mode the shut down process gets as far as "preparing to hibernate" and then the screen freezes. I then have to use the on-off button to close the pc. Can anyone help in rectifying this problem? I can copy the system information details to here if that will help. -- laurence withau Laurence, check out this Excellent Shutdown Troubleshooter http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php "laurence withau" <laurencewithau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E97F9CA4-E8BA-41D3-81...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

Why can't I click on the signature section to change my signature
When I go into tools, options, and then the mail format tab, the signature option is greyed out and I can't click on it. I therefore cant edit my existing sugnature or create a new one. I've tried changing the format options to compose the message in, and still no luck. Are you perhaps in a corporate environment? Then you mail admin might have disabled that option as a corporate policy. Ask him/her or your manager for more information. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, ...

how can I set a scale drawing in visio?
I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... file => page setup => drawing scale al "Zvensk" <Zvensk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA340AB-58F7-45D1-83EB-369CC5F441B1@microsoft.com... >I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... ...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...