do no split table across pages

How do I make a table NOT split across pages without adding a page
break?
The last row goes on the next page.
I might add text above so adding a page break is not a good solution.
0
jammer

Can we clarify - you DONT want a table to extend to a new page.
The following article has tips on how to control tables extending across
pages.
 http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH

On Dec 16, 4:16=A0am, DeanH <De...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Can we clarify - you DONT want a table to extend to a new page.
> The following article has tips on how to control tables extending across
> pages.
> =A0http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm
>
> Hope this helps
> DeanH
>
> "jammer" wrote:
> > How do I make a table NOT split across pages without adding a page
> > break?
> > The last row goes on the next page.
> > I might add text above so adding a page break is not a good solution.
> > .

Thanks, that is exactly what I want.
0
jammer
12/16/2009 6:39:54 PM
Glad it works for you.
All the best
DeanH

"jammer" wrote:

> On Dec 16, 4:16 am, DeanH <De...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Can we clarify - you DONT want a table to extend to a new page.
> > The following article has tips on how to control tables extending across
> > pages.
> >  http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > DeanH
> >
> > "jammer" wrote:
> > > How do I make a table NOT split across pages without adding a page
> > > break?
> > > The last row goes on the next page.
> > > I might add text above so adding a page break is not a good solution.
> > > .
>
> Thanks, that is exactly what I want.
> .

Money Canadian version
Unfortunately there is no deluxe version of the Canadian version of MS Money which means that that there is no built in support for performing "automatic" stock splits and mergers. Can anyone advise me the best procedure on how to do this manually? In microsoft.public.money, cdelarte@gmail.com wrote: >Unfortunately there is no deluxe version of the Canadian version of MS >Money which means that that there is no built in support for performing >"automatic" stock splits and mergers. > >Can anyone advise me the best procedure on how to do this manually? Whi...

Money 2006 home page: size of charts
I just upgraded from 2002 standard to 2006 deluxe and I'm not sure I like the size and the layout of the home page. I can customize it, but how do I make make home page charts - cash flow forecast and income & expenses - smaller? They take a lot of space and I just want to glance them. If I need details, I can always zoom in. I really don't see the point in having up to 30% of the home page occupied by the charts. They are resized as a function of the size of the home page. There is no individual size control. You can leave the section there and minimize it. "Zelenk...

Cannot edit an imported Access table
I just imported data from an excel table into an access 2002 database. I cannot, however, edit the table (ie. delete a record, add a primary key, etc.) Why? Carl, Did you 'link' the data or import it from an Excelfile. What steps did you take.. -- Maurice Ausum "Carl Gross" wrote: > I just imported data from an excel table into an access 2002 database. I > cannot, however, edit the table (ie. delete a record, add a primary key, > etc.) > > Why? I imported it. I tried importing direct from a Paradox table. I also tried exporting the Paradox ta...

Pivot table data refreshing too slow
Hi all, I have a pivot table which is compiled by another team. By selecting from the drop down list for quarter and country, I can view data accordingly. However, it takes a long time to refresh the data. Is there any way to make it faster? Many Thanks. Regards, Bora Hi, Pivot table refreshs are generally very fast. If it takes a long time it suggests that 1. It is a very large data source 2. It probalby is an external data source If this happens when you first load the spreadsheet into Excel it could be because the data in the cache was not save when the file was closed. Sometime...

Is it possible to create a table inside of a cell?
I am tring to create a Worksheet and within a cell I would like to have three (3) Fields display : name ID, Team, after looking I cannot find a way to do this own my own. Use concatenation to combine the fields together using the "&" symbol. "Jose" wrote: > I am tring to create a Worksheet and within a cell I would like to have three > (3) Fields display : name ID, Team, after looking I cannot find a way to do > this own my own. ...

change columns to full page format
I have scanned into Word an article in a column format. How can I convert it into a full page format? Switch to "print layout" view. Select the column text, click Format->Columns, under Presets choose "One Column." "terryc" wrote: > I have scanned into Word an article in a column format. How can I convert it > into a full page format? Do you mean you did OCR to the original, so you have a Word text file? (If what you have is a graphics file, you can't do anything with it in Word.) Your OCR application likely has a setting for ...

Tab pages load with improper link attributes
This problem has occurred a few times on a couple of different computers Live Messenger normally shows a "tab bar" at the bottom of its window No matter what tab I click on, said tab pages load with their links underlined and the font of said underlined links are of a larger size and of a different type then what you normally see after Messenger is first installed I have tried a few fixes - So far no luck in fixing the problem Please respond with some suggestions - Thanks in advance for your replies Howard Greetings Howard, I assume you mean the buttons at...

Page Break In The Details Section OF Report
Hi, I have one project in MS Access. In that I have one form in which I am using one combobox and one search button. Now when I select an item from that combobox and press the submit button then it will generate the report base on the selection of combobox. Now that report is generated by the using wizard whose source code is Table PRODCUTION. Now when I search and if there are more than 20 line in report than I want to force new page and next 20 line must come in new page.Rest like that. I want to put this page break in Details section of the Report. Plz Reply as soon as possible. Thanks. C...

Page numbers <0
I figured out how to add page numbers that increment properly. However, I want page 3 in my document to be numbered as "Page 1". (Start on page -1; hide numbers on page -1 and 0.) I know that I can choose a starting page other than 1, but I can't select something less than 1. In a similar thread, Mary Sauer advised another poster, "Insert, section...". I can't find anything about sections in Publisher menus or help. Is there a way to get page numbering started on a page later than 1? Where do I find out about sections? I'm using Publisher 2000. ...

Reading Excel data from web pages
How can I read Excel cells' contents from a web page (HTML, ASP, etc)? ...

go to the top of page in exel
how to navigate back to cell A1 or A3 or any other in the worksheet bu using keyboard Ctrl+home, end, arrow keys, to go to a cell , Alt+e, g, enter your cell ,enter -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CC037B5-F5A1-4359-98BF-31B04A31E38F@microsoft.com... > how to navigate back to cell A1 or A3 or any other in the worksheet bu using > key...

Front Page 2003
I have FP 2003 and when I want to edit my website MS Word opens for the editing. It doesn't do the job! I have a new computer with Windows 7 and MS Front Page installed alright but I can't edit when Word wants to edit. I have XP and Vista on other computers and they work super fine with FP. I open the website page and click on "Page" and the dropdown says edit with Front Page but Word opens automatically. Is there a default setting somewhere I don't know about? If there is, I need to know how to go about that - Please What happens when you open the...

Pivot table breakdown
I have a pivot table showing a top 10 from a list of 400 and i want to be able to produce 10 seperate sheets 1 for each of the top 10, I know i can do it by clicking on the totals but is there a way i can do it so i can include it in a macro ? I have tried using pages but this just runs off the whole 400 sites and kills my machine I admit i know nothing about VB so the simpler it is the better for me it will be Thnx in advance :) -- chris.howes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chris.howes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

PRINTING EXTRA BLANK PAGES
XP/2003 I have a document set up as a 12-page booklet, 11x8.5/landscape format. So I expect it to print as three 11x8.5 sheets of paper, print on both sides, which, when folded, results in a 12-page booklet with three blank pages at the end. When I view the document in print preview, this is exactly what I see. In normal view, when I look at the little map of the pages at the bottom of the screen in normal view that one uses to navigate to any page in the document, it indicates there are 12 pages and the last three are blank. However, when I print the document, it prints SIX letter...

Linking more than one access table to a form
Hello. I have a form that we're planning on using, for work orders, for our maintenance crews. On this form, I'm trying to automatically populate about 6 fields w/records that are already in Database(A) - these records aren't intended to be edited, but are used as a reference for our crews (ie: Map #, Manhole #, etc.). I'd like to be able to use a command button to search for the UpStream MH# and then that will automatically populate the other 5 fields, based on the information in Database(A) My form's control source is Database(B) - these are different fields...

layout changes when moving from page to page in Publisher
I have a 100 page document and when I go back to a page to make corrections or changes to the data, it messes up the format/layout of the other pages. I end up having to go back and edit all the data. Example: size of page will change, or text will move out of place, etc. Are your text boxes linked? If you change pictures around, the text will flow differently. How much virtual memory do you allocate? I don't know about pages changing, is this a booklet setup? Is your printer driver current? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews....

move column total in pivot table to begining
How can y ou move column totals to begining instead of the end ...

Pivot Table Help Needed!
Dear All I have a very complicated problem here which i need some advice an suggestions... I have 12 (Jan-Dec) monnths of data here. I need to run a pivot tabl and then charts from the pivot table. I need to run a pivot table because I need to count the data across th rows to get the %. The problem here is that is it possible for me to do what i'm going t explain below. First, I need to combine 3 months data to form the first month of data For example, the Mar point will need to be calculated from the combine total of Jan, Feb and Mar data. Hence, for the Apr point, I would nee to co...

Delete record if a matching record is present in another table
Dear Experts I have a query which is meant to delete any records in tableA which have a matching field in tableB, thus: DELETE TableA.*, TableB.ID_NO FROM TableA INNER JOIN TableB ON TableA.ID_NO=TableB.ID__NO; (The above was the SQL code generated by creating the delete query in Design view). As it happens, in this case there was only one such record out of a total of about 1200 records. The record came up when I viewed the query before running it. On running the query however, I got the message: “Could not delete from specified tables”. *However*, when I added the keyword DISTINCT...

Automatic update of employee rate table from pay codes
As additional functionality when a pay code is changed in Project accounting can this update the employee rate table. kind regards Jen ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

How to rotate /flip document page
How do I enter text for a four page one sheet document (program). When pageas are prepared printer prints in opposite vew upon folding. Set the printer to flip on the short rather than the long edge when duplexing. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "eureka" <eureka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E2E3287-0CCF-4556-9B7D-544F9533C286@microsoft.com... > How do I enter text for a four page one sheet document (program). When > pageas are prepared printer prints in ...

Money 2005's home pages' URL should le me access to my hard disk.
From time to time when i'm in Money, I need to consult an Excel document on my HD. I wish to use the URL dysplayed on the Money's pages to obtain an access to this documents. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

I have a problem with GP HOme page I get an error
The error is "EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION EXCEPTIONSUBCLASS -2147221164" AND "Unhandled object exception: 'Error calling method:creatprocessing instruction' and "EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION EXCEPTIONSUBCLASS 0" I am using SQL Server 2000 Can anyone help? PLease!! -- Gino S. GPK Computers I have a very similiar problem. Whenever a user tries to log into Dynamics 9.0 they get this error "Unhandled Object Exception. Operation Aborted EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION ExceptionSubClass:-2147467260" Where can we go to even research this s...

Distributing All Days Across Months by Chip Pearson
The formula below I have used in my worksheet is what I have copied from Mr. Pearson's site http://www.cpearson.com/excel/distribdates.htm (Many thanks to him and his great site), however it is based on the Start and End date being 15-Jan-00 and 12-Jun-00 in Cel B17 and C17 respectively. =MAX(0,(MIN($C17,DATE(YEAR(D$16),MONTH(D$16)+1,0))-MAX($B17,D$16)+1)) What would the formula be if I had several more intervals horizontally as 09-Oct-00 and 23-Dec-00 in cell D17 and E17 and 12-Feb-01 and 06-Sep-01 in cell F17 and G17. Ofcourse the MONTHS (Jan-00, Feb-00...Dec-00, Jan-01, Feb-01...Dec-...