Display last "Heading 1" in footer

Hi, I have 45 page document with a contents page using Heading 1 and Heading
2. The Heading 1 are my major titles and I would like them to also display in
the footer of every page. Is there a way to do this? For example, the first
Heading 1 is Contents so all pages (including the one with the Contents title
in it) should have Contents in the footer. The next one is Communications &
Performing Arts, so that page and all following pages should stop displaying
Contents and should start displaying Communications & Performing Arts instead
until we get to the next Heading 1 and so on.

Should have added that I'm using Word 2010 Beta.
In the footer, insert a StyleRef field that contains "Heading 1" in
the field code. Instructions are at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 12 May 2010 18:17:00 -0700, Styphon
<Styphon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, I have 45 page document with a contents page using Heading 1 and Heading
>2. The Heading 1 are my major titles and I would like them to also display in
>the footer of every page. Is there a way to do this? For example, the first
>Heading 1 is Contents so all pages (including the one with the Contents title
>in it) should have Contents in the footer. The next one is Communications &
>Performing Arts, so that page and all following pages should stop displaying
>Contents and should start displaying Communications & Performing Arts instead
>until we get to the next Heading 1 and so on.
0
Jay
5/13/2010 1:38:40 AM
Jay Freedman;468971 Wrote:
> In the footer, insert a StyleRef field that contains "Heading 1" in
> the field code. Instructions are at
> http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 18:17:00 -0700, Styphon
> Styphon@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
> -
> Hi, I have 45 page document with a contents page using Heading 1 and
> Heading
> 2. The Heading 1 are my major titles and I would like them to also
> display in
> the footer of every page. Is there a way to do this? For example, the
> first
> Heading 1 is Contents so all pages (including the one with the Contents
> title
> in it) should have Contents in the footer. The next one is
> Communications &
> Performing Arts, so that page and all following pages should stop
> displaying
> Contents and should start displaying Communications & Performing Arts
> instead
> until we get to the next Heading 1 and so on.-
Thank you, that worked nicely :).

--
styphon1984
0

Display last "Heading 1" in footer
Hi, I have 45 page document with a contents page using Heading 1 and Heading 2. The Heading 1 are my major titles and I would like them to also display in the footer of every page. Is there a way to do this? For example, the first Heading 1 is Contents so all pages (including the one with the Contents title in it) should have Contents in the footer. The next one is Communications & Performing Arts, so that page and all following pages should stop displaying Contents and should start displaying Communications & Performing Arts instead until we get to the next Heading 1 and...

How can I have Heading 1 include subsections?
I have a document numbered Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, then Chapter 3a, Chapter 3b, etc. How can I first of all make my Heading 1 show this and then how can I set up Tables and Figures to incorporated like captions (i.e., Table 3a-1, Table 3a-2, and Figure 3a-1, Figure 3a-2)? The whole idea of heading numbering systems is that they should be consistent and the system built in to Word is designed for creating consistent heading numbering systems. Your proposed system is not consistent. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroup...

Add an Appendix to the TOC same as Heading 1 style?
MS Word 2007, XP. I've created my styles and TOC, but need to re-do it so that I can add an Appendix style to the TOC. I went in to recreate the TOC, but don't see how to get it to let me add the Appendix level so that it will show up in the TOC. My first level (Heading 1) has "SECTION 1". I want the Appendix to show up as "APPENDIX 1" etc. HELP! First apply a unique style to the title of your appendix. Then, go to the References ribbon, click on Table of Contents and then click on Insert Table of Contents. When the window pops up, click on Options. Th...

Keyboard to Start List or Insert Heading 1 or 2?
Word 2002 Are there keyboard shortcuts to insert a bulleted list and/or to format to Heasing 1 or Heading 2 style? Alternatively, is there some way to program my own keys to do this. Thanks, You can use the built-in Ctrl+Shift+L shortcut to apply a bulleted list (it actually applies the built-in List Bullet style). On my system, Alt+Shift+1 applies Heading 1, and Alt+Shift+2 applies Heading 2, but this may not be universal. You can assign the shortcut(s) that you want in the Customize Keyboard dialog box. To display the dialog, click Tools | Customize, and then click t...

H1 or heading 1 formatting
How do I do h1. Publisher has heading 3, 4, 5, and 6 not 1 or 2. you'd have to Insert | HTML Code fragment <h1>Heading</h1> and it will be visible like that in design until you publish it as html -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA706BD4-286F-4C6C-9338-DC4369451F48@microsoft.com... > How do I do h1. > > Publisher has heading 3, 4, 5, and 6 not 1 or 2. > > Not all the font schemes have the entire list of styles...

Apply built-in style heading 1 to paragraphs where the word "Speaker" occurs
Dear Experts: I would like to have a macro that performs the following task: As soon as the macro hits the word "Speaker", built-in style heading 1 is to applied to the paragraph where the word "Speaker" occurs. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas A macro isn't required for this. All you need is the Replace dialog. In the Replace dialog, click the More button to expand the bottom half. Click in the Find What box and enter the word Speaker. I assume you wouldn't want to reformat a paragraph that contain...

Field Code For Heading 1
What is the field code for Heading 1? Thanks Word does not use Field Codes to invoke Headings. It uses Styles. For information about how to set up heading numbering, see the following page of fellow MVP Shauna Kelly's website: "How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft Word document" at: http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html If you create a template to hold your numbering scheme, you can use that template as the basis for new documents (using File > New) and the new documents will then inherit y...