Could someone please help me with using Columns?

I am working on a Word document, and I need to set up 4 columns in several
parts of the document.

In one example, in the first column I need 2 rows of text, in the second
column I need 4 rows of text, in the third column I need 4 rows of text, and
in the fourth column I need 3 rows of text.

I sketched out an example of what I need it to look like in the following
image:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6574/wordexamplelayout.png

I need to be able to specify the number of rows in each column and the text
shows up in each column.

Can I do this using columns in Word?  Or is there another way I can do this?

I cannot see anything at imageshack, but maybe just a four column table will
allow you to do what you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"AKMMS" <AKMMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am working on a Word document, and I need to set up 4 columns in several
> parts of the document.
>
> In one example, in the first column I need 2 rows of text, in the second
> column I need 4 rows of text, in the third column I need 4 rows of text,
> and
> in the fourth column I need 3 rows of text.
>
> I sketched out an example of what I need it to look like in the following
> image:
> http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6574/wordexamplelayout.png
>
> I need to be able to specify the number of rows in each column and the
> text
> shows up in each column.
>
> Can I do this using columns in Word?  Or is there another way I can do
> this?

0
Doug
4/20/2010 9:41:37 PM
You need a four-column, four-row table. You can leave some of the cells
empty.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"AKMMS" <AKMMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a Word document, and I need to set up 4 columns in several
> parts of the document.
>
> In one example, in the first column I need 2 rows of text, in the second
> column I need 4 rows of text, in the third column I need 4 rows of text,
> and
> in the fourth column I need 3 rows of text.
>
> I sketched out an example of what I need it to look like in the following
> image:
> http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6574/wordexamplelayout.png
>
> I need to be able to specify the number of rows in each column and the
> text
> shows up in each column.
>
> Can I do this using columns in Word?  Or is there another way I can do
> this?

0
Suzanne

if cell is text move left one column

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Character Length in a column
I have a column where every cell must have 14 characters. Lets say have the name Angel. I need 9 more charcters. Next cell down have the word cake. I need 10 more charcters.How do I automatciall insert the spaces I need to have 14 charcters. HELP PLEASE!!!!! GOIN NUTS ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements One way: Do you care about what characters are added? I'l...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

Bank One Download is not working

help #2