Continue page numbering from previous document while Indexing

Hi!
I have a very long document that I have split into several smaller documents
to work on and consequently, I have set the page numbering for each
subsequent according to the last page of the previous document:
"Document #1: Page 1-500"
"Document #2: Page 501-750"
"Document #3: Page 751-900"
However, when I do Indexing in Document #2, regardless of the page number I
have set up, it reverts to Page 1 when updating the Index and resets the
entire page numbering in that document. How can I 'force' the Indexing to
recognize the subsequent page numbering? I suppose it would be the same
situation as when using a TOC.

See this article (which includes instructions for both TOCs and indexes):

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=148

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"YukYuk" <YukYuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I have a very long document that I have split into several smaller
> documents
> to work on and consequently, I have set the page numbering for each
> subsequent according to the last page of the previous document:
> "Document #1: Page 1-500"
> "Document #2: Page 501-750"
> "Document #3: Page 751-900"
> However, when I do Indexing in Document #2, regardless of the page number
> have set up, it reverts to Page 1 when updating the Index and resets the
> entire page numbering in that document. How can I 'force' the Indexing to
> recognize the subsequent page numbering? I suppose it would be the same
> situation as when using a TOC.

0
Stefan

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Formatting four pages onto one 12x18 sheet
I'm trying to figure out how to format a 12 x 18 sheet with four individual 5.5 x 8.5 pages on it. Any ideas? The closest I can get is under page setup...selecting "postcards" and that will give me three pages per sheet, but I need four. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. If your printer can be custom setup to 12 x 18 then you can divide it into four parts. Are you sure you aren't trying to setup a 11 x 17 landscaped sheet? In any event, setup your printer first. File, Page Setup, Advanced on the right, type 18 width, 12 height or 17 width, 11 ...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Signature page not printed for Credit card transaction
Hello I have set up new POS system and the POS system does not print signature page for credit card use. I check 'require signarue' for the receipt from tender type window and print Z-out to apply it but it still does not printing out the signature page. Any Solution? Please be advised. thank you for your help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C92FBD.0CA0D0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Alex, Make sure the receipt is set to print it. Manager | Database | Register = Lis...

documental manage system
hello, anybody knows some documents or study about integration with sharepoint to have a documental manage system? thank you as starting solution i think about a simple integration with capability to store document from crm into sharepoint and some search capability to find these documents from crm. "Jim Daly [MSFT]" <jdaly@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:A9DAFCF2-E06A-4457-A0AC-209F22797BF8@microsoft.com... > What kind of business process do you have in mind? > What information do users need to see? > What kind of documents will they b...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

how to use a saved master page
I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved master file? Open the master file, copy, paste to your new publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colin" <Colin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3C59647-7D56-46B9-AA56-C707538ECDED@microsoft.com... >I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question > is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved mas...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

How do I publish to the web a 3 page web pubblication from Publis.
I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? Review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP www.publishermvps.com "Bazbo" <Bazbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B2BCFAD-8DB3-40C3-A0E2-B1EBDC60DE74@microsoft.com... > I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it > to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? ...

Converting string to number
hi, I have a set of data that is to be cut and pasted from an external source. A typical cell reads '32813.58 sq mm', without the speech marks. The cell could be formatted before the pasting; but how do I strip off the units to leave the number only? The number could be any size. thanks =LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-5) Will return your data as required as long as the text to be stripped is constant -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "kenppy" wrote: > hi, > > I have a set of data that is to be...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

blank page prints after group (sometimes)
I have report of students with the class_id defined as a group. "Force New Page" is defined "Before Section". Whether I have a page and a group header defined (they can be the same anyway) or just a page header defined, I am getting the same problem: 27 students can fit onto a page. However, if there is a class of 25 students, the next page is blank except for the header. (I have not seen a class of 27 students so I have not tested that yet). I can't seem to find a way out of it. Where I am I going wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.acce...

Editing phone numbers?
(Win XP, Outlook 2003) - I'm all of a sudden starting to have a problem when I add or change a phone number in a contact. I'm connected via LAN, not dialup, and no settings have changed. Yet when I put in a phone number I get the Location Information dialog box (this box: http://www.babcockancestry.com/storage/outlookproblemlocationinfo.jpg). I can NOT get out of it in any way except using the task manager to End Task, which of course does not save the contact. If I try to cancel in the dialog, it just keeps coming back. Any changes except phone numbers work fine. It's only when I...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Formatting Phone Numbers in a Merged Cells...
If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into 1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit format for the phone/fax numbers? The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and are hard to read. Currently using a formula like this: =A3&" Phone: "&B3&" Fax: "&C3 I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer here. Thank you in advance! One way: =A3 & TEXT(B3,""" Phone:...

Pagination on a Continuous Form
I would like to have one continuous form hold a list of 30 records per page, and be able to see the page numbers (and use them) at the top and/or bottom of the form, such that a total of a couple hundred records (or more) can be displayed in groups of 30 at the request of clicking the page number (similar to that of a webpage, but only an MS Access Form). On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:23:01 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You'll have to do all the work yourself, because such interface is not natively supported. Would be an interesting project though. -To...

Cell Number Format
Hi, when i type for example this any number with more than 15 digits, the first 15 digits appear like i wrote it but the rest of them are changed by zeros. EX: i write this 123456789123456789 and the number that is kept is 123456789123456000 Does anyone experienced this and knows how to resolve it. Thanks, Ricardo As you can verify in XL Help ("Specifications"), XL is limited to 15 decimal digits of precision for numbers. If you're entering, say, a credit card number, which doesn't require any math to be performed on it, you can preformat the cell as Text or prefix ...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

Displaying the number of unread items
I have just upgraded from Outlook XP/2002 to Outlook 2003 and noticed that the number of unread items no longer displays for public folders. I am in an Exchange 5.5 environment. Has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks! Are you using Public Folder Favorites or just the standard Public Folders? If you add the folders to your Favorites, they should display. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After search...