check boxes

I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer using check
boxes. I sent that template to my laptop to complete working on the template
and the check boxes now show up like this:

{form check box}

How do I get this to go back to a check box?

Hi JOLOJO58,

Simple: Press Alt-F9 to toggle the field code view.

--
Cheers
macropod

"JOLOJO58" <JOLOJO58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C83A55C-B768-43BE-A171-762EEA78DEAC@microsoft.com...
>I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer using check
> boxes. I sent that template to my laptop to complete working on the template
> and the check boxes now show up like this:
>
> {form check box}
>
> How do I get this to go back to a check box?
0
macropod

Combo box to find records
Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. I have a form and wish to find records using a combo box. Which I know how to do. The problem is it takes me to "one" record. I would like to select, for example, employee name: John Smith and it return all records for John Smith while filtering out all other records. I would be thankful for any help. Thanks, Michael On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:24:04 -0800, Michaelchessking <Michaelchessking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. > >I have a form and wis...

CScrollBar box flicker problem
I put CScrollBar in CDialog and thumb button flickering all the time. Somone can help me? Tnx ...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

How do to enter data in a combo box on a worksheet?
Use the dropdown arrow? Shereen wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Disable 'Macro' dialog box...
Thanks Geoff, for the info on how to protect the VBA code. Have one further question; Now that the workbook and code is protected, I have sub routines that are run from command buttons. However, it is still possible to push ALT-F8 to list my routines, then click on a routine, then choose 'Run'... Is there a way to disable this option, so that users can not view or run the list of available routines (I need them to run the routines, only from the command buttons). Ruskin You can do what you want by making each macro a Private macro. This will preclude that macro from appearing...

Combo Box Moves
I have 4 activeX control combo boxes on an Excel sheet (2 on the left and 2 in the middle) and if I print the sheet the 2 boxes thatbare in the middle move over to the left hand side. I have gone into the properties menu and they show as locked but it does not make any difference. Also when I print the sheet the 2 boxes on the left which were made the same size as the underlying cells print out smaller than the underlying cells. Can anyone help please? Hi John, See MSKB Article # 838910 (Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002) http://support.micr...

After Add Record, Put Cursor in specific Text Box
Hi, I had the wizard set up a button to add record (it puts in the code below in the On Click property of the button). I'd then like to have the focus go to text box [ProjectType]. I don't know how to do that. TIA :) Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdAddRecord_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click End Sub Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False If ...

Word 2007, Spell Checking is not working
I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) Check Spelling as you type is - Checked. Why the spelling still not working ? - niladri Please read "Office Word 2007" (not Work..!) "niladri chatterjee" wrote: > I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. > Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. > > Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) > > Check Spell...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Check Box Sizing
Hi, When using check boxes, no matter how much I resize the area, the actual check box itself never gets larger (only the area for a description does). Is there any way to increase the size of the check box so that a larger check mark appears on the worksheet? Thanks, Brad. Brad, If you select "move and size with cell" (on the properties tab) then you can resize the checkbox by increasing the column width and/or row height. Give my regards to Boston. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "beantownbrad" <beantownbrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63B5725-...

Payroll Check comment
Is there a way to include a one time comment/note on payroll checks and direct deposit stubs? When we want to put a message on the check stubs, I go to the correct report in Report Writer and place it on the format of the check and direct deposit. After checks are completed you just need to go back to Report Writer and be sure to remove it. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > Is there a way to include a one time comment/note on payroll checks and > direct deposit stubs? Thanks...i was hoping for a better way like Paybles has. have a great weekend "Eleanor@fac" wrot...

Word spell check 04-21-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I skip all repeated words. My documents intentionally use repeat words but the spell checker always stops at each one. The ignore all and the add functions are not available The spelling checker will always stop at repeated words. Your only option is not to use Spelling. Cheers On 21/04/10 4:34 PM, in article 59bb736f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "amclean4@officeformac.com" <amclean4@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard...

Text Box Updating
I am having trouble getting a text box to auto fill from a choice made from a combo box. Combo Box Name is Address_21 Text Box Name is City_1 My code is as follows: 'Auto Fill CES Spec Written Office Private Sub Address_21_Change() Select Case Address_21 Case ""2306 Long Green Court" City_1 = "Valrico" Case ""3440 Oakcliff Road" City_1 = "Atlanta" Case "7015 East 14th Aveneue" City_1 = "Tampa" Case "1800 Taylor Drive" City_1...

Programatically creating text box
Hi all..I need help regarding creating the edit box programatically.. I have drawn a movable rectangle in a view.Now how i want to make that rectangle editable..can any body show me some pointer/sample code? I was cocoa programmer. i know how to do this in mac os..but i dont know how do i o it in MFC.. please help me I took the source code for drawing from following link : http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/diagrameditor.asp Thanks in advance CEdit editbox; when you need it editbox.Create(...parameters here...) and when you are done with it, editbox.DestroyWindow(); or if you want ...

Multiple selection list box...
I have a multiple selection listbox on a dialog box. When the user picks the listbox items and clicks "OK" my program draws to the main screen. If the user reopens the previous dialog box, I want the previously chosen listbox choices to be highlighted. How would I do this? Thanks, RABMissouri Store the selection in a common place like the Document or MainFrame or the App and do the selection in the OnInitDialog() member function of your dialog. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "RBert" <drbert@microcore.net> wrote in m...

Populating a field using a pull-down/combo box menu
Hello all, I'm working on MS Excel. I am trying to find the source code for something that will allow me to do the following novel procedure with a pull-down menu and a text box: There is a pull-down menu, and another text box right besides the pull-down menu. The pull-down menu has the names of all the states in the USA in it. When one state is selected, the text box is automatically populated with the capital of that state. In MS Excel, I've created a novel way to handle this issue using Boolean logic. Unfortunately, I can only have 7 states in my pull-down menu, and the sour...

folder dialog box
hi; i am learning mfc and i want to make gui application that user selects a directory and app writes all the file names in this directory to a file recursively. i am not sure where to start can anybody help me where should i start? thanks;) Have a look at BrowseForFolder()" API and 'CFileFind' class members. Have a look at http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/BrowseForFolder.asp for help with some sample code. -Seetharam Seetharam wrote: > Have a look at BrowseForFolder()" API and 'CFileFind' class members. That's SHBrowseForFolder(). -- David Wilkinson ...

Check for values that are not integer
How can I query a column to check for values that have a decimal value. I want to change the data type of a column in a table but I 1st want to confirm there are no values like 3.24 or any other decimal value. thanks in advance, bob On Aug 27, 9:08=A0pm, "Bob McClellan" <bob...@tricolift.RemoveThis.com> wrote: > How can I query a column to check for values > that have a decimal value. > I want to change the data type of a column > in a table but I 1st want to confirm there are no values > like 3.24 or any other decimal value. > > thanks ...

check if programme exist with HWND
Hello NG, so I have a HWND of an application. Sometime it crashes, and so my CopyData runs into unknown space. Is there a possibility to find otu, if an HWND is still alive or if the programme has crashed or was stopped in another way? (I can't find it in Task Manager then). Thanx for help Guido Guido Franzke wrote: > Hello NG, > > so I have a HWND of an application. Sometime it crashes, and so my CopyData > runs into unknown space. > Is there a possibility to find otu, if an HWND is still alive or if the > programme has crashed or was stopped in another way? (I can&...

formulas from a drop down box
I was wondering if it is possible to have a list of formulas in a drop down box so that when I pick a formula, that is the one that is applied to that cell. Any help would be great. Lisa, The following uses a Combobox from the forms toolbar. It assumes that Combobox has been assigned a single column list range where the formulas are shown. The first item in that list should be a title, such as "Formulas", while the rest of the list should be the actual formulas without the leading equal sign "=". The linked cell for the combobox must also have been assigned. '----...

Passwords not saves for checking emails
I am running Outlook 2002 on Win XP Home, and I cannot get Outlook to save passwords! Every time I select to save the password, it defaults back to not saving the password when I shut Outlook down. Thus, every time I restart Outlook, I enter passwords for the 5 POP3 accounts I am checking. Frustrating. I assume it is a security setting from elsewhere in XP, though can't figure it out! HELP! Thanks, Jaime Andersen andersenj**REMOVE**@comcast.net Jaime Andersen wrote: > I am running Outlook 2002 on Win XP Home, and I cannot > get Outlook to save passwords! Every time I...

Check Other User's Calendar Macro
Here is my scenario: I work for a not-for-profit company with no budget for purchasing any new apps or software. We do not have Exchange Server and use Outlook 2002. Two people in the office want to share there calendar info so that they can book appointments without having to always contact each other. We have Windows Server 2003 R2. Is there a macro that would copy user A's calendar to a folder on our server (N:) and have that same calendar accessed by user B? Any information would be greatly appreciated. We have limited technical knowledge and no money to purchase exchange se...

MDIChild like window from Dialog box
Hello, In a windows application, I have a dialog box that pops up on selecting a menu item. The Dlg has a button upon pressing which, I need to see a MDI like frame. How can I achieve it?? Thx John S ...

showing a dropdown list dependent on what's selected in the previos drop down box?
In Column 1 I have a drop down box with all of the makes of vehicle (Chevy, ford, dodge, etc...). In Column 2 I have a place to type i the model. I want to make a dropdown box in Column 2 that will show me all of th available models for a particular brand. (If Chevy is selected i Column1, then only Chevy models will be displayed in the dropdown bo next to it.) Like they use on web pages like kelleybluebook.com an cars.com. thanks -- lhernd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lherndo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

why will pandora's box not work on windows xp
why will pandoras box not work on windows xp because it requires a 16 bit operating system and XP is 32-bit operating system "bill" wrote: > why will pandoras box not work on windows xp ...