Change the standard margins in Word to save paper.

Change the standard format settings for word documents so that the margins
are narrower.  This would result in users being able to fit more information
on a page and thereby use less paper.  I already reduce my left and right
margins from the standard 1.25 inches to just 1 inch each and I believe the
documents are just as easy to read. Additionally, in many situations, it is
more convenient to have just one page so you do not have to staple pages
together or turn the page.  If these reduced margins were the standards,
individuals would not need to make the change and many would most likely not
even notice the difference. I am unable to estimate the amount of paper this
may save, but I would venture that the difference could make a huge impact.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9fa206b3-2363-489c-a32f-d09200079b5a&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The default margins in Word 2007 are 1" left and right. Users of previous
versions, however, can easily modify Normal.dot to change the default
margins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CustomizeNormalTemplate.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"hgberg" <hgberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Change the standard format settings for word documents so that the margins
> are narrower.  This would result in users being able to fit more
> information
> on a page and thereby use less paper.  I already reduce my left and right
> margins from the standard 1.25 inches to just 1 inch each and I believe
> the
> documents are just as easy to read. Additionally, in many situations, it
> is
> more convenient to have just one page so you do not have to staple pages
> together or turn the page.  If these reduced margins were the standards,
> individuals would not need to make the change and many would most likely
> not
> even notice the difference. I am unable to estimate the amount of paper
> this
> may save, but I would venture that the difference could make a huge
> impact.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9fa206b3-2363-489c-a32f-d09200079b5a&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

0
Suzanne

Money 2005
Money likes creating new accounts... its appears "By Design". That being said, Money 2005 has created a new "Credit Card" account (for my Auto Loan) and a new "Bank Account" for my IRA Account (From a Credit Union). I of course, already have a real "Loan Account" setup and a real "Investment Account" setup for these accounts. Money won't let you merge accounts of diffenent types, and it won't let you change the type of a downloaded account. Is there any hope? || Aaron ...

In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change it.
The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is set to English! How can I change it to English in Outlook Express? Outlook Express has nothing to do with Office or Outlook settings. OE is a Windows program. Change OE's settings in Windows Control Panel, Regional & Language settings. "Herb" wrote: > The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in > French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is > set to Engli...

Changing the background colour on Visio?
Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003? I can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own colour. I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints out white so I must be doing something wrong. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Hi Marcia I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the background color? Thanks! Paul "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8734E84-40BE-429F-A403-5B193942AAA8@microsoft.com... > H...

XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time. Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of ...

Change Columns to Letters
I want to run a CountIf statement E.g =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"General queries") However, on the columns there are no letters, only numbers. So both the rows and the colums have letters. Does anyone know how i can change the columns from numbers to letters. Thanks for helping Dave -- David494 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391226 If anyone still knows how to do this then can you...

how to track changes from excel file?
saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes Only if you saved earlier versions under different names (or same name, but a different folder). angie wrote: > > saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view > earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes -- Dave Peterson ...

VC++6 Default EXE app Icon change
Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. Remember to change the icon for both 16x16 and 32x32 pixels. -- Bjarne Nielsen "Oliver Young" <none> skrev i en meddelelse news:eu6NJIVmDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words > mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. > > My question is: how can i change icon?? I tried right clicking it...

Outlook 2007: changing any attendee sends updates to all attendees
I have seen several questions pertaining to this problem, but did not see a resolution in any of them. Please help! When I make any changes to the meeting attendees (add/remove), I only have the options to 'Save and Send Update' (which goes to all attendees) or 'Do not save changes'. Adding isn't such a problem because I can forward the invite and it eliminates the problem, but I cannot find any sort of work around for removing an attendee. I am using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). I do not know if I have any add-ins, I do not k...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Password Change
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for permissions. When I attempt to make a change to the Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any longer to Outlook. That being said I have also made the necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as the new password for the administrator and I have also changed the password at the configuration level in Exchange. I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used to make the neccessary changes. Suggestions ???? Hi, Try this article http://www.m...

how to download from works to word or pdf
Can anyone help me download from works to word or pdf? ...

Changing trend lines with macro
Hi Has anyone ever worked out a way of changing trend lines (from sa linear to moving average) using a macro -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56345 Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), make the change through the UI, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. XL will have generated the necessary code that you can customize/generalize as ...

MS office Word, Powerpoint not working, HELP
I noticed shortly after the new year my MS Word and Powerpoint do not work, the programs ask for the Key code for installation. I plugged it in but it doesn't recognize it. My Excel works still and I noticed I have 2 versions of MS Office installed. Could that cause problems. I have MS Office Standard Edition 2003 and MS Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers. I am not sure what the difference is or if the latter is additional. Any thoughts why my Office would suddenly require a product code key and not load? Thanks! -- mangela ------------------------------------...

Changing layout to a CDialog
Hi to all. I'm trying to develop a CDialog subclass with to possible associated resource IDs, is it possible? I tried this code: CMyDialog dlg; dlg.Create(IDD_LAYOUT1); //create the dialog with first layout //... dlg.SetDlgCtrlID(IDD_LAYOUT2); //I want to change the layout, without to destroy the window and recreate it! dlg.UpdateData(FALSE); but nothing happens. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Bye Andrea Perhaps the CDialogTemplate class might be useful for what you are trying to do? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Acaccia" <andrea.cacciarru@~NOSPAM~email.it> w...

Date changes in data
I have a spreadsheet that has a date column which is required. The spreadsheet is then uploaded for a conversion into another software product we use. This date column is only for the year. When we enter the date such as 2010 and format the column as custom, yyyy, it will change the date to 1905. We have tried changing the format to text, general, all with the same outcome. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb 2010 is not a date. Excel treats it as the serial number for the date of July 02, 1905 which is 2009 days after 1/1/1900 Why not just leave 2010 as is with no formatting?...

auto-signature changes format on reply
What causes an autosignature to change format on replies? I have one user who is using Outlook 2000. When he replies to email, his auto-signature changes from single spacing to double spacing and loses some of its formatting. I tried creating a new auto-signature using word as his email editor, but the signature still changes on replies. Any suggestions or fixes? Thanks! Joann ...

Question on Storage Limit for Standard Server
I know Exchange Standard is limited to 16 GIG's. (for now, until SP2) But is that Actual DB size, or size of the 4 files. Different people tell me different things. And I am trying to get the actual word on that. I just deleted 2 users from our system. In the exchange admin program together they showed about 4 Gig's of emails. After I deleted them & Purged - the db size did not go down. When we did an Offline Defrag, it freed up 1.0 GIG. Is there something I am missing? The 4 files are around 13.0GIG. I don't want to have the server shutdown (again) Just trying t...

Making sure a replica of another node is not saved in the xml document
Hi, How do I iterate through the nodes of an xml file to check if the newly added node is a replica of another node(incl. innertext and each element of the node and values thereof) ? If there newly added node is a copy of another node I would then delete the new node and save the xml file. All this would be done from the click event of a button in a webform. What is a good way of achieving the above? A code sample would be great. Thanks a lot Anita, Yould run an XPath expression against the document before you insert a new element. The most generic case would be an XPath like this: //*...

Cannot make any changs on server
Every time I try and make a change, or publish something on my test server, I receive this error message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator" I have set the web config file to give more details on errors, but it does not give anything more than this for the error. I cannot find any problems in the event logs of the servers. I have even restarted the, to no avail. Does anyone know what could suddently cause this problem? Hi Saira, In the web.config, did you change <add key="DevErrors" value="Off" /> from &...

How do I change the action of button in Access 2007 contact list?
I need to change the email address manually when I click the "send email" button to create new email directly from Contact List of Access 2007 as the default email address is including the receiver name (name + emal address was recognized as wrong email address by Windows Live Mail). How to change the default setting of Access 2007? -- THANKS & BEST REGARDS, Nguyen Tung Director of Sales and Marketing --------------------------------------- THIENTHAONGUYEN TRANSPORTATION CO., No181 Dai Tu Str,Hoang Mai Dist,Hanoi,Vietnam Tel :(84.4) 36410 577 - 107 /...

change datasource before render report
I use SSRS on SQL Server 2008 to create reports from a report template and insert this into a word document. All datasources, reports and template are stored on reportserver. On reportserver I can change datasource of report and report template. Now I want do this in Word. I choose a report and then a datasource. Now I want get this report with choosed datasource. In this case I call webservice ReportExecution2005.asmx functions like this: Warning[] warnings; wsReportExecution2005.LoadReport2(reportName, null); switch (reportas.ToLower()) {...

3rds landscape form on word mac
I've been PC for so long the MAc is slowly winning me over though! How do I get my document to go in 3rd's for landscape form? G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to hold a successful meeting http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0059747f-8775-4965-b56d-cab220b2f1b9/how-to-hold-a-successful.aspx I think we need a bit more detail. Are you trying to create three columns on a landscape document or three rows? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <G Soil>...

How to make 1 change to many contacts?
I was making a "common change" to multiple contacts using the directions provided by Microsoft's site. I sorted the contacts by category, selected the grouping bar for the category I wanted to change, and dragged the contacts to the category I wanted it to become. Outlook is supposed to automatically apply the change to all of the items in the old category. It gave the contacts 2 categories. I will still have to open 300 contacts individually to get rid of the old category. Is there another way to make a the same change to multiple contacts? Veronica wrote: > I wa...

Saving .xls file as .exe. file
Anyway of saving a .xls file as a executable file. Have VBA code (i.e.PING)that needs to run for several hours and don't want to tie-up EXCEL for other use. Could run VBA code on separate PC, but then someone could start up another sheet and click the 'X' button stopping everything. TIA I don't believe there is any way to compile a VBA Macro. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Tom Rudski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1172401c3f5c9$0693d890$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway...

Outlook 2007 and Word XP
How do I know if Outlook 2007 is using Word XP as the Mail Editor and Viewer? If not is there a way to get it to do this? The mail format tab in options does not have the check boxes for Word as viewer and editor as you would expect. Jamie "Jamie" <jlawsonOMIT@THISmotorwheelcvs.com> wrote in message news:%23HEHUCdCJHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I know if Outlook 2007 is using Word XP as the Mail Editor and > Viewer? If not is there a way to get it to do this? > > The mail format tab in options does not have the check boxes for Word as > vi...

change in logon
I have Exchange 2000 installed on a Windows 2000 server. Up until about 2 hours ago that server was also an Active Directory Controller. I ran DCPROMO to remove the ADC and then I gave the FSMO rights to another server. Now, when a user logs into OWA, they have to type their entire e-mail address in the logon box as opposed to just their user name. For instance, before they could just type myname now they have to type myname@ourdomain.com Is there a way I can get it back so that they can just type myname in the logon box? I really want to keep Exchange and Active Directory on separate co...