Change default paging format

Hi,

  is there any way, how to change default paging formats?

Means - how to create my own paging format, which I can use in different
documents. I would like to use format like "Firts page, Second page.." etc.

You mean like a "page style"? No, you can't do that in Word. What you can do
is create a template for each format that you want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jukl" <Jukl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>  is there any way, how to change default paging formats?
>
> Means - how to create my own paging format, which I can use in different
> documents. I would like to use format like "Firts page, Second page.."
> etc.

0
Stefan
3/2/2010 2:05:29 PM
No page style. Just numbering the pages. Now I can choose from several paging
formats like 1,2,3... or I, II, III.. and I would like to create my own
format like "First, Second, Third.."

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> You mean like a "page style"? No, you can't do that in Word. What you can do
> is create a template for each format that you want.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Jukl" <Jukl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> >  is there any way, how to change default paging formats?
> >
> > Means - how to create my own paging format, which I can use in different
> > documents. I would like to use format like "Firts page, Second page.."
> > etc.
>

> .

You can add formatting switches to the PAGE field. The ones you'd need would
be \*OrdText  and \* FirstCap.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

> No page style. Just numbering the pages. Now I can choose from several
> paging
> formats like 1,2,3... or I, II, III.. and I would like to create my own
> format like "First, Second, Third.."
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> You mean like a "page style"? No, you can't do that in Word. What you can
>> do
>> is create a template for each format that you want.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Jukl" <Jukl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> >  is there any way, how to change default paging formats?
>> >
>> > Means - how to create my own paging format, which I can use in
>> > different
>> > documents. I would like to use format like "Firts page, Second page.."
>> > etc.
>>

>> .

0
Suzanne
3/2/2010 6:40:40 PM
But note that if you change the format by adding switches to the PAGE field,
that same numbering will not appear in a table of contents or
cross-reference fields.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> You can add formatting switches to the PAGE field. The ones you'd need
> would be \*OrdText  and \* FirstCap.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Jukl" <Jukl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> No page style. Just numbering the pages. Now I can choose from several
>> paging
>> formats like 1,2,3... or I, II, III.. and I would like to create my own
>> format like "First, Second, Third.."
>>
>> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>>
>>> You mean like a "page style"? No, you can't do that in Word. What you
>>> can do
>>> is create a template for each format that you want.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stefan Blom
>>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>>

>>> "Jukl" <Jukl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> .

0
Stefan
3/2/2010 7:20:01 PM
Which you probably wouldn't want, anyway.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> But note that if you change the format by adding switches to the PAGE
> field, that same numbering will not appear in a table of contents or
> cross-reference fields.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> You can add formatting switches to the PAGE field. The ones you'd need
>> would be \*OrdText  and \* FirstCap.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Jukl" <Jukl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> No page style. Just numbering the pages. Now I can choose from several
>>> paging
>>> formats like 1,2,3... or I, II, III.. and I would like to create my own
>>> format like "First, Second, Third.."

0
Suzanne
3/2/2010 9:31:30 PM
For this particular case, only the OP can tell. :-)

--

> Which you probably wouldn't want, anyway.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> But note that if you change the format by adding switches to the PAGE
>> field, that same numbering will not appear in a table of contents or
>> cross-reference fields.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> You can add formatting switches to the PAGE field. The ones you'd need
>>> would be \*OrdText  and \* FirstCap.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)