Centre align if less than one line of text

I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less
than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that
paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do
it manually each time? I imagine I am using Word for Mac 2008.

many thanks for any help in advance.

--
daved2424
0

No, you can't define a single style to work in different ways. Assuming you
are talking about an actual 1 line paragraph rather than the last line of a
multi-line paragraph you'd need to have a different Style or change the
alignment directly.

If you're referring to the last line of a multi-line paragraph the answer is
also no. Alignment is a paragraph formatting attribute & Word doesn't allow
mixing alignment within the same paragraph.

There may be some way of creating this sort of deviation using VBA or some
such in other versions of Word, but in Office 2008 there is no VBA
available. Even if possible, though, I'm not sure I'd want it to be my
default for Normal style.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/31/10 12:30 PM, in article daved2424.649c37c@wordbanter.com,
"daved2424" <daved2424.649c37c@wordbanter.com> wrote:

> I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less
> than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that
> paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do
> it manually each time? I imagine I am using Word for Mac 2008.
>
> many thanks for any help in advance.

0
CyberTaz
5/31/2010 8:46:35 PM
[WATCH WHAT THE THREAD HEAD IS SAYING]

'We'-- have 'Justified-from-the-left' (Shorts to the left);

'He'-- wants 'Justified-from-the-center' ... A 'fifth'-style, Not a change....

I don't have a direct suggestion, but his point is valid...

1st. I'd pseudo-suggest try-playing with a compounded object, one parameter
each.

2nd. I'd pseudo-suggest try-playing with the foreign-languages (Hebrew is
Right so Justified...shorts-right...? But, What, might be centered...?)

COMPARE: I did this in HTML to get a scrollbar on the left--! (heh, works)

Ray.
__

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> No, you can't define a single style to work in different ways. Assuming you
>
> If you're referring to the last line of a multi-line paragraph the answer is
> also no. Alignment is a paragraph formatting attribute & Word doesn't allow
> mixing alignment within the same paragraph.
> >
> > I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less
> > than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that
> > paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do

Mail sending fails to just one company
Hi all, We're using SBS Server 2003, and everything works just fine. Mostly. One (and only one) of our clients has problems receiving mail from us (but not sending to us). Examining the logs and so forth, the connection to the server being (EHLO/HELO MAIL FROM, RCPT TO) with no problems. Once a BDAT or DATA is sent (I tried changing modes just to see if it might just be a weird protocol bug) then nothing else appears to occur and after a while the connection times out and the message remains in the queue to retry, timing out after the configured time as expected (2 days) for a...

Showing x,y coordinates of a line
Hi, I have a graph of some data points and I was pretty sure that I should be able to run my mouse along the line and wherever I stopped it would show me the x,y coordinates. But instead I just get (series 1, 10) or something as unhelpful as that depending on there I am on the line. I really need this data for a chemistry lab I am doing and I would appreciate any help possible. Thank you. As a retired chemistry prof I cannot think why you would want to do this. I think you need to find the equation of the line and compute y for some given x, or x for some given y. Please tell us more...

Text #3
In Cell A1,2 ,3 ect i have the following info 12345BO 1234BO 123456BO How do i convert these in Cells B1, 2, 3 etc to : 012345 001234 123456 To create a 6 figure number with the BO dropped off? in column b put this formula find(a1,"BO",1) in column c put this formula mid(a1,1,b1-1) format the c column to numbers "Dava Sutts" wrote: > In Cell A1,2 ,3 ect i have the following info > > 12345BO > 1234BO > 123456BO > > How do i convert these in Cells B1, 2, 3 etc to : > 012345 > 001234 > 123456 > > To create a 6 figure number with th...

Excel 2000 Line Chart Problem...HELP !!!!
I want to plot a line chart of interest rate changes. The rates change a maximum of once a month on a pre-set day an sometimes may not change for several months. If I plot the line chart in excel the line it draws simply join together the points so I get diagonal lines between two periods as i the rate had changed progessively from one rate fixing to the next. This is not the case. The rate steps vertically from one fixing to the next. ie 1st May rate is fixed at 4% then 1st June rate fixes to 4.25% I only want to show months on my x-axis not all 365 days of the year. Excel will show a ...

Line Break in unbound text box with hyperlink
Hi. I have a text box that displays a generated hyperlink on a report. The problem is that sometimes the hyperlink is longer than the text box and it grows vertically and inserts a line break after the end of the first line. When the user clicks the link on the electronic PDF created from the report, it only picks up the first line of link. Is there a way to tell it to "wrap" to pick up the all the lines? Thanks, Cathy ...

Annotating line graphs using arrows
I am creating a line chart in Excel, and want to annotate various movements in the line. It is a share price graph, with price against date (and volumes on a secondary axis), and I want to explain the significant peaks, troughs, movements etc. Ultimately I want arrows to point to the line, with the arrows sequentially numbered - I will have a separate table which shows the date and narrative for each number (space is limited on the chart itself, as I'll have about 10-15 arrows). Rather than drawing the arrows on manually, and adding text boxes with numbers, is there any quicker way of ...

One thing the M05 update doesn't change
An M05+Update file upgrade still mangles Food:Dining Out and :Groceries, FWIW. It doesn't mangle it... this is a preferred setting... most users requested that Dining Out and Groceries were two separate things and did not want them in the same category... the default is setup this way... if you don't like it, change it. In the "Category" list select the "Groceries" category... right click it... click "Move" and then enter "Food : Groceries" as the destination. The same for the "Dining Out" category... move it to "Food : ...

Text Box Invisible
I have Word 2007 and have been using it for over a year. Recently, text boxes and drawings are invisible in all but Print Preview and Full Screen Reading mode. They used to be visible in other modes until the following sequence of events occurred: 1) I sent a Word 2007 document out for review. 2) The reviewer returned the document in compatibility mode with Track Changes on. 3) I accepted all changes. It appears my preferences and styles were changed. I looked for a way to show/hide text boxes and drawings, but couldn't find anything. On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:14:09 -08...

Scrolling Text Field
I am not sure if this is the correct forum or not. I use FrontPage to manage my personal website and I am one step above a novice. On several of my pages I post rather lengthy clips of VBA code. I would like to display this code in some sort of fixed sized text field where visitors could scroll to read or select and copy the text. I have found on the Insert menu a Form>Insert Text Area control that almost suit the bill if I could only figure out how "lock" it so that the content cannot be altered by visitors. Can this be done or is there a more appropriate type...

Access '03 Text Wrap print preview (and printer) issue
Whenever I try to print a form, the text box (be it memo or text) doesn't quite wrap completely in the print preview window, despite wrapping perfectly in the design and form views. I have tried pushing in the margins as a temporary solution, but that hasn't solved the problem at all. I still get half words lopped off by the printer (and print preview) before the text is wrapped onto the next line. Create a report for printing and leave your forms for data entry, navigation, etc. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "karateka.returns@gmail.com" wrote: > Whenever I...

Most Frequently used Text value in a column
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet used for daily entries for any given month. Some of the columns have text values instead of numeric. It is possible that the text entries would be the same for every day or they could vary between 2 or 3 different text values. I would like to know if there is a formula that would retrieve the most frequently entered TEXT. Ex: Jan 01 cat Jan 02 dog Jan 03 cat Jan 04 dog Jan 05 dog Jan 06 dog Jan 07 cat Jan 08 dog Jan 09 bird Jan 10 cat ============= Max dog ...

I'm creating a booklet. After creating page one how do you get t.
I'm creating a booklet. After typing page one how do I get to page two??? I can't find a button or anything that tells me how to proceed. Insert | New page Or look at the status bar and click on the next page. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MOB" <MOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F976CC8B-B903-4133-9A0E-E6AE5270F65F@microsoft.com... > I'm creating a booklet. After typing page one how do I get to page two??? > I > can't find a button or anything that tells me how to proceed. --- Outgoing mail is certified Vir...

How do I combine multiple org chart files into one Visio doc?
I want to take 9 individual Visio org chart files and combine them into one file for saving them all together as web page. New to Visio and just need a little help. Thanks. Steve Select everything on a page and then Copy / Paste it to a blank page in your other document. There really isn't a fancier way to do it. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NC_Steve" <NCSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE97552-E194-4EA5-B8CE-AEE8DD440D0B@microsoft.com... >I...

Contract Lines 09-25-06
Hi, I need to update values in the contract lines when new cases are created etc. I can't figure out how since I can't find the contract line in the workflow manager. I thought about using callouts but once again am stuck, any ideas? Thanks ...

How to: print out a FORM with only the one active record
I create a button in a FORM with VBA as: DoCmd.PrintOut However, it will print out as many as all the existing records I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the VBA? Thanks! Martin 2008-02-14 "Martin (Martin Lee)" <lajitong888@21cn.com> wrote in message news:%23C5Q$msbIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I create a button in a FORM with VBA as: > > DoCmd.PrintOut > > However, it will print out as many as all the existing records > > I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the > VBA? T...

Activating cursor in a text box
Hi, I have a problem that for sure is just a simple trap I got into. I need to relocate cursor to the first record (actually any record) in a subform and activate it (so it is blinking) to enable PageDown. I use of course SetFocus, I even select some text in the field like in the example below Me.NameAndFirstName.SetFocus Me.NameAndFirstName.SelStart = 0 Me.NameAndFirstName.SelLength = 5 /of course simple set focus is not working as well/ /I checked with fields enabled, disabled, locked and unlocked/ The problem is that the cursor is not blinking, so when I hit PageDown button, Access g...

Customizing Grid lines
Is it possible to customize the grid lines in a chart individually; ie different color gridline for each data point. You can't colour the individual gridlines, but Jon Peltier has instructions for adding lines to a chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine J Harold wrote: > Is it possible to customize the grid lines in a chart > individually; ie different color gridline for each data > point. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

combine three pages to one multipage tab
Hello, I created three totally different pages (dialogs). Now, I want to combine them to into one single multipage tab with three pages. Does there exist a simple way to do this or do I recreate all controls? bob bob wrote: > > Hello, > > I created three totally different pages (dialogs). Now, I want to combine > them to into one single multipage tab with three pages. Does there exist a > simple way to do this or do I recreate all controls? > > bob You can reuse the dialog template or you can even reuse the existing classes. To reuse the existing dialog te...

How to force recompile of one source file for every build?
context: Win2K -- VC++6 -- MFC -- SDI I want to have a build-date in my program and I'd like this to be automatically updated with every build. It's trivial to create a data item char BuildDate[32] = __DATE__; which the preprocessor modifies at compile-time to contain the current date. But I can't figure out how to make VC automatically compile the source file that compiles this with every build. I've looked at the Project | Settings property sheets but if it's there it's not easy to see. TIA Norm Use custom build step and delete all the r...

Bar-Line Combo Chart
This question is for Jon... I found your explanation of this (http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html) extremely helpful! But I noticed that the chart only works on the range of 3 to 10 data points. With less than 3 or with more than 10 data points, the lines get out of alignment with the bars (the bars and the vertical axis labels remain properly aligned, but the lines no longer do). If you know how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate your reply. Thank you so much. -- mjamromi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mjamr...

Tick Mark Label Line Wrap
I have an X-Y chart where the X-axis tick mark lables are dates in m/dd format. As data is added to where the tick marks become crowded, the labels wrap rather than automatically realigning at an angle. If I manually rotate them to anything other than +/-90 degrees, they become tiny dots. Other charts I've created automatically adjusted the angle to compensate for crowding but I can't figure out what parameter setting controls it. Can anyone help? It would be appreciated. Mike ...

Displaced text MS Publisher2002
When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- the text in one of them is displaced. Moving one or the other to the back appears to have no effect. Ctrl T, which works when placing text over a picture, doesn't however work with text over text. I'm almost certain that this operation could be carried out in earlier versions of MS Publisher Where am I going wrong? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity <pill@blueyonder.co.uk>... > When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- > the text in one of them is disp...

How do I copy and paste an Illustratorsketch with text into Excel
Any input from you would be great ...

Digits in text cannot format as Numbers ?
Hi, I receive a weekly report from our IT and the digits (in general format and align to the left though ) cannot be changed to ordinary numbers so that I can sort them in A-Z. When I highlight the whole digit column and format it to Numbers,nothing change. I am running Office 2000 and OS XP Pro. I once saw the latest Office 2003 having a feature to convert such digits to Numbers without any problem. Anyone has a solution or workaround ? Thanks Regards ST -- st24961 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ st24961's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

Live One Care and RMS
Hello, Will these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any compatability issues???? I am thinking of installing the One Care on our POS unless some one has a better and less expensive option. What do most 1 lane , 1 store owners use? Joe What's One Care? "Joeh" <Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8C323B-EDC0-41D7-8348-45091F529EB7@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Will these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any compatability > issues???? > I am thinking of installing the One Care on our POS unless some one has a > better ...