Centre align if less than one line of text

I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less
than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that
paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do
it manually each time? I imagine I am using Word for Mac 2008.

many thanks for any help in advance.

--
daved2424
0

No, you can't define a single style to work in different ways. Assuming you
are talking about an actual 1 line paragraph rather than the last line of a
multi-line paragraph you'd need to have a different Style or change the
alignment directly.

If you're referring to the last line of a multi-line paragraph the answer is
also no. Alignment is a paragraph formatting attribute & Word doesn't allow
mixing alignment within the same paragraph.

There may be some way of creating this sort of deviation using VBA or some
such in other versions of Word, but in Office 2008 there is no VBA
available. Even if possible, though, I'm not sure I'd want it to be my
default for Normal style.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/31/10 12:30 PM, in article daved2424.649c37c@wordbanter.com,
"daved2424" <daved2424.649c37c@wordbanter.com> wrote:

> I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less
> than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that
> paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do
> it manually each time? I imagine I am using Word for Mac 2008.
>
> many thanks for any help in advance.

0
CyberTaz
5/31/2010 8:46:35 PM
[WATCH WHAT THE THREAD HEAD IS SAYING]

'We'-- have 'Justified-from-the-left' (Shorts to the left);

'He'-- wants 'Justified-from-the-center' ... A 'fifth'-style, Not a change....

I don't have a direct suggestion, but his point is valid...

1st. I'd pseudo-suggest try-playing with a compounded object, one parameter
each.

2nd. I'd pseudo-suggest try-playing with the foreign-languages (Hebrew is
Right so Justified...shorts-right...? But, What, might be centered...?)

COMPARE: I did this in HTML to get a scrollbar on the left--! (heh, works)

Ray.
__

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> No, you can't define a single style to work in different ways. Assuming you
>
> If you're referring to the last line of a multi-line paragraph the answer is
> also no. Alignment is a paragraph formatting attribute & Word doesn't allow
> mixing alignment within the same paragraph.
> >
> > I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less
> > than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that
> > paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

structure alignment
Hello, I use VS .NET to compile my MFC applications. It seems that structures are aligned in some way I can't understand. For example: struct { int nCount; //4 bytes bool active; //1 byte char Str[13]; //13 bytes }MyStruct; I use 18 bytes, but doing a sizeof(MyStruct) returns 20 . How does my compiler handle this? And where are these 2 extra bytes added ? thx Structures are padded, by the compiler, to align with boundaries (even number of bytes, in general). This improves performance, trying to match the data size to a multiple of the compiler's native size. You need t...

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

Display Part Text In Report
I hv this sample report in my field 01-01-08ABCDE.................... I want to display ABCDE........and so on...and not the 01-01-08 What should i do... Thanks zyus, Try this in the Control Source of a text box on your report: =Mid([YourFieldName],9) Caution: The text box name must be different than the field name. If they are the same, change the text box name to txtYourFieldName. Good luck. -- Sco M.L. "Sco" Scofield, MCSD, MCP, MSS, A+, Access MVP 2001 - 2005 Denver Area Access Users Group Past President 2006/2007 www.DAAUG.org MS Colorado Events Administrator www....

How to remove the alternative text box from the publisher email?
Hi, I have created a publisher email and have email it to myself for testing view. I find there is a small alternative text box appearing whenever my mouse cursor station at any point of the email. How to remove this alternative text box from the publisher email? Help... -- Thank you, Cpviv Sounds like all the text has was converted to an image. Try to select the text and you will see it is an image. Go to tools > Options > Web tab and under Email options uncheck the option to send as an image. If that doesn't fix the problem, reference: Tips and troubleshooting for ...

Change from MS Outlook Rich Text to HTML
I use Outlook 98 and I want to change my message format to HTML so that I can have nice backgrounds etc on my mail. For some reason this facility doesn't seem to be available to me on the 'Mail Format' Tab. It is blacked out and I cannot change it from Rich Text to HTML. Is there anything I can do to sort this out? Could it be because I am on a network at work and they have disabled it? If so, how can I enable it? Cheers! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www...

If statement with formatted text
Hi, Is there any way to have an if formula such as: If (A1="Active", "KAE",KPE") where the two letters after the K are formatted as subscript? The best I've done is to paste a picture over the cell. The picture's formula refers to named formula that selects one of two cells, the one with correct string. One cell contains KAE and the other KPE with the subscript. However, it means that I'm using a picture and it would be much nicer if I could just do it in an If formula. I hope that makes some kind of sense, and thanks in advance for your help. D...

Trouble with hyhens within text when using LOOKUP
I have two columns, each containing a list of part numbers. Some of the part numbers contain hyphens. I am using LOOKUP and/or VLOOKUP to determine if the value in one column exists in the other. This works great on non-hyphenated part numbers. However, it will not find or return the hyphenated part numbers from the specified arrays. As a test, I did a quick if statement to compare the instances of identical hyphenated values that exist in both columns. Those statements did not have a problem with the hyphens. Can anyone offer any help? If hyphens cannot be used in conjunction with the ...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

Higlihting entire rows or lines?
Hi I was wondering is there any way of highlighting entire lines or rows in word? If you are talking about text lines, clicking next to the line in the left margin will select it. Similarly, you can click next to a table row to select it. (The mouse pointer will look like an arrow.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "D Shah" <D Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59141C31-9ABF-4A90-9908-C6E9ACBE8613@microsoft.com... > Hi I was wondering is there any way of highlighting entire lines or rows > in > word? Do you mean as ...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Change Backcolor for the selected line
I would like to be able to highlight or change the color of a single line on a subform formated as a continuous form. The user selects one line from many possible lines on a continuous form to respond to. When he selects the line another pop-up form is display which the user must complete. I would like to maintain some kind of highlight (backcolor?) so that the user can clearly see which line he is reponding to. Setting the backcolor after selecting a line sets the back color for the entire form, which really defeats the purpose. Any help? -- Message posted via AccessMons...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...

can lookup return cell reference istead of "text" for sumif?
I am trying to use a lookup-function to determine a different sum range for several criteria. Like so: =Sumif($A$7:$A$1447;"<"&X3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false)-Sumif($A$7:$A $1447;"<"&y3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false) The problem is that the vlookup returns text and not the cell reference. Is there a way to get the answer from the lookup expressed as cell reference instead of text, since sumif can't use text, just the cell reference? I use it to calculate the number of hours the staff should be paid, so it's different from weekdays to saturdays, holidays...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

Excel2000: Strange behaviour for one cell in workbook
Hi The situation: There is a Excel workbook used for registering working time in firm departments, created earlier. The worksheets are protected, and I don't have the password, as author isn't working here anymore. The workbook is stored as read-only on network resource, and monthly every department is copying it to local computer and filling the table. The table's body has 2 rows data for every employee with 31 columns for month's dates, and several protected summary columns. For every date, working hours or some code string is entered into according cell. One of codes, and ...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

Combine small documents into one master document
Hi, I currently have an "engagement letter" that is created for our clients to set the expectations for our business relationship (I work for attorneys). We have about 10 different paragraphs that may be inserted into the letter based on different factors (3rd party payor, if a retainer is required, etc.). So I start with the basic letter and then have a userform with checkboxes where you can select the text block options (stored in Autotext). When you click OK the various paragraphs are inserted at bookmarks. While this works, I find working with Autotext cumber...

Filter two columns with criterion applying to one or the other?
Hi, I am looking for a solution to the following filtering problem: I have two adjacent columns, so using a filter for both of them is no problem. But what I want to do and don't know how to do is this: I want to filter for values greater than x (a certain number, in my case 5000) in any of the two columns. I can filter both columns for x greater than 5000 but that filters out more than I want because there may be some cells with a value greater than 5000 in only one of the two columns. Is there a solution to this problem (using Excel alone or an add-on)? Peter Hi Peter you can use th...

imbed excel cell text in a shape
I need to insert a number into a shape that corresponds to a cell in excel. Kinda like the exploded parts view in a car repair manual. A callout shape with a text value "123" that is linked to cell A1 in file ***.xls. It would be nice to be able to auto generate the callouts from the excel file. shape 123 is cell A1, shape 124 is cell A2 and so on. Thanks what version of visio are you running? al "mystified" <mystified@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B4E390-190A-41D9-AC4A-F96C1DA6FB6E@microsoft.com... >I need to insert a number into a s...