Blank Pages in Word

For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that DO
NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the numbering.
ie.;
page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .

This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
facing page.

You will need to insert section breaks and then turn off the Same as
Previous setting to disconnect the headers/footers for those pages you want
to be blank. You will also need to then copy the header/footer information
to the next section where they are again wanted.

This article provides some useful tips for how to work with document
sections in Word:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/Formatting/WorkWithSections.htm

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"SijoZ" <SijoZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that
> DO
> NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the
> numbering.
> ie.;
> page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .
>
> This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
> facing page.

0
Herb
11/12/2009 2:06:57 AM
Although Herb has told you how to do this, note that this is entirely
contrary to convention, and Word will fight you all the way. The
conventional approach would be to use Odd Page section breaks, which will
insert a completely blank even page as needed (that is, when a section ends
on an odd page), but pages will be paginated continuously (as readers would
expect). In the example you gave, you would have:

Page 1, page 2, page 3, (blank page 4), page 5, page 6, page 7 (no blank
needed after 6 because 7 is an odd page).

If what you really want is pages that are blank on both sides and don't
interrupt the numbering, it would be easier just to insert blank sheets
after printing.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"SijoZ" <SijoZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that
> DO
> NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the
> numbering.
> ie.;
> page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .
>
> This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
> facing page.

0
Suzanne
11/12/2009 3:21:59 AM
I took him literally (1, 2, 3, blank, 4...), and yes... the approach I gave
will cause struggle, but can accomplish it the stated aim.

Of course, if he really does want the conventional approach, odd page page
breaks are a lot simpler, automatic, and lower maintenance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Although Herb has told you how to do this, note that this is entirely
> contrary to convention, and Word will fight you all the way. The
> conventional approach would be to use Odd Page section breaks, which will
> insert a completely blank even page as needed (that is, when a section
> ends on an odd page), but pages will be paginated continuously (as readers
> would expect). In the example you gave, you would have:
>
> Page 1, page 2, page 3, (blank page 4), page 5, page 6, page 7 (no blank
> needed after 6 because 7 is an odd page).
>
> If what you really want is pages that are blank on both sides and don't
> interrupt the numbering, it would be easier just to insert blank sheets
> after printing.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "SijoZ" <SijoZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> For double sided printing i would like to be able to add blank pages that
>> DO
>> NO include headers, footers or page numbers and do not disrupt the
>> numbering.
>> ie.;
>> page1 - page2 - page3 - blank - page4 - page 5 - blank - page 6 . . .
>>
>> This is to accomodate new sections, chapters and such to start on a right
>> facing page.

0
Herb

Export Publisher to Word
I need to export a publisher file from publisher to word. I need to bring the text and pictures across, is this possible? Appreciate any help. Rgds Olwen Copied this from 'Help' in Publisher 2002: Although you cannot export directly from Microsoft Publisher, you can cut and paste all or part of the text in a publication to another Windows-based program. Sorry. >-----Original Message----- >I need to export a publisher file from publisher to >word. I need to bring the text and pictures across, is >this possible? >Appreciate any help. >Rgds Olwen >. &...

change "save location" in MS Word 2007
I wish to change the save location to "my documents." It can't be done. If you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it. If you type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save. Please advise. And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this option. I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful. I also haven't found any helpful changes in Word 2007, but I think I know how to do what you're asking. Click on the Office button and select "Word Options." Click on "Adva...

Print labels by using Excel data in a Word mail into word
I can Print/create labels by using Excel data in a Word mail merge into MS Word. Can I take labels created from this and merge them back into an excel spread sheet ? Hi, Zoey. Graham Mayor tells us how to do that here: http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Zoey" <Zoey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F0EADE-9282-42E5-98F9-675CA05D8BE1@microsoft.com... >I can Print/create labels by using Excel data in a Word mail merge into MS > Word. Can I take labels created from this and merge them ...

How do you set titles to print on multiple pages?
I'm trying to get my column labels to print on multiple pages... How do I do that? Hello Enoira- Try File>Page Setup>Sheet and look for Rows to repeat at top. Set it to whatever row or rows you choose. NOTE: Don't try to get there directly from Print Preview because that feature will be inactive. HYH |:>) On 5/2/05 6:21 PM, in article 19766FAC-8320-4D1A-93BF-EE8AE8BC9F75@microsoft.com, "Enoira" wrote: > I'm trying to get my column labels to print on multiple pages... How do I do > that? -- generaltaz1@comSpaMcast.net ...

IE6/Outlook Default Page Orientation Is Landscape
When printing from IE6/Outlook the default page orientation is always landscape. When I set this to portrait it does not kepp the settings for new pages. I have no problems with any other application besides IE and Outlook. The orientation for the default printer is portrait so this should not be the problem. Rob See - http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser/browse_thread/thread/2ae223622febbfa5/ecb3e326cad97f76?lnk=st&q=default+print+orientation+Internet+Explorer&rnum=11&hl=en#ecb3e326cad97f76 It was possible to change the orientation ...

Replace text with page break
I have a spreadsheet parsed from downloaded data. In a row by itself have text that exists only in rows I want to replace with a page break I have tried find/replace and it didn't work because I couldn't us the ^m function like I can in Word. Can anyone tell me how to replace these characters with page breaks s I can print my spreadsheet on a form correctly? Thanks all -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't quite follow you, but might this help? Click <View> <PageBreakPreview>, And click and drag your page breaks anywhere to your hearts conte...

Help! Word Table to Excel #2
when I copy and paste the data is nonreadable. It comes over as boxes -- kaleb052 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kaleb0521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26427 ...

why is Word "not responding" whenever I try to print?
I have Windows 7, and a new HP Windows 7 compatible printer that was working fine for about a month. Now it will print pages off the internet, and will copy, but will not print when I open a word document saved on my computer - it says it cannot find the printer and then freezes up. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bellringer" wrote: > I have Windows 7, and a new HP Windows 7 compatible printer that was working > fine for about a month. Now it will print pages off the internet, and...

how can in insert increasing #'s on any project in MS pub. or word
Try the following. Type the number with which you want to start. (For example, 1) Then type the next highest number. (For example, 2) Continue typing in sequence (3 4 5 6 7 etc.) until you reach the number at which you want to stop. Now, a serious answer. Did you want to insert these on sequential pages? (For example, page numbers in a book or newsletter.) Or did you want them on successive cards on a single page? (For example, numbered event or raffle tickets.) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org TC wrote: > That would be the successive cards on a single p...

Send page as e-mail
Hello, I created a publisher file that I send out as an e-mail to recipients. I have it set to send it as a jpeg. However, whenever you place your cursor over the image text gets displayed (HTML Title). Is there a way to disable this? Thank you, Daniel P ...

How do I insert Appendixes into a Word 2007 document?
I am creating a policy manual with an automatic table of contents and must have a set of appendices. If you are referring to appendix numbering, the general principles are the same as they were for Word 2003. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/NumberingAppendixes.html. To customize heading numbering in Word 2007, place the insertion point in the first Heading 1 paragraph of the document, and then click Home tab | Multilevel List | Define New Multilevel List. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Donald Hardin" <Donald Hardin@discussions.micros...

export current page to excel
Hi everybody, I have a report with many pages. This report is based on a query and this query is based on 2 tables (one-to-many). When I goto page 5, I want to export only page 5 to excel but I can't. I know to print current page (page 5) using docmd.printout but can't expot it to excel. I need your help, thanks in advance ! Hungtano -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Word 2003
I am having trouble getting my changes to my autocorrect options and new autocorrect options to store. I have been using this feature for a few years now without issue. Recently I had a new computer install and now it doesn't work. Any ideas? -- Dawn ...

Full Page X-Report
Hello, Does anyone out there have a full page X-Report? I looked around on the Dynamics site and others, but I didn't find. I wound up just modifying the X-Report to be a 2 columned fullpage report. However, I would like to see if anyone else out there has done it differently. Yeah, Mine hasn't been tested extensively. I also removed the hourly sales in order to make it all fit on one page. Mine is on my website here <a href="http://www.nicholausmalone.com/">www.nicholausmalone.com</a>. Incase anyone wants to see it. "Jeff" wrote: >...

booklet centerfold as one page
I am preparing multi-page newsletter and want the centerfold page to be one item with images and text running across the center line. How to I lay it out so that there is no gap in the center? I am sending it to a commercial printer. Are you simply stapling the center or will there be a margin to consider for binding? If you are not considering a margin then the center page will be laid out as created. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "NewsPrep" <NewsPrep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

how to display all the code points in a code page ASMO-708
Hi! If I have for example code page 708 that is named ASMO-708 how do I write the code that can dispaly all the code point in this code page ? This code page is some kind of arbisk. //Tony On 03-06-2010 07:49, Tony Johansson wrote: > If I have for example code page 708 that is named ASMO-708 how do I write > the code that can dispaly all the code point in this code page ? > > This code page is some kind of arbisk. Try: byte[] b = new Byte[256]; for(int i = 0; i < b.Length; i++) b[i] = (byte)i; string s = Encoding.GetEncoding(708).GetString(b, 32, 224...

How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?
I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages. Is there an easier way? Thanks. You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print Selection, rather than simply Print. You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up. "Davbwalker" wrote: > I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. > I can filter the data to show only r...

opening old MS Word for Mac documents
I have many Word documents I cannot open on my present OSX.4.11 PowerBook G4 computer. All of them are from November 1992 and before. I can open all later documents. The earlier documents can open in Word or Text edit, but they only show the greeting of the letter or the first few words of the document and then revert to gibberish. Its hard for me to accept that all that historical material is now lost forever. Thanks You could buy MacLink Plus, as it can open older Word formats (all the way down to Word 4). Also, some older Word for Windows application might be able to open them. <h...

Word 2007
Hello, It would help to get the final word on this from Microsoft, but in Word 2007. Is there anyway to control the indent on automatic numbered lists? I would prefer for all automatic numbered lists to be flush to the left side like a normal paragraph. Thanks so much for any response! The only way to control this is to apply a style with the desired settings. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ITNoob101" <ITNoob101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0892C274-0993-46BE-9A...

Pivot Table 'page' field
I have a pivot table in which my Month field is placed in the 'page' location of the table. This allows me to click on Month to access a drop down list and choose which month's data I want to view. Is there a way to sort or arrange the way the items are displayed in the drop down list? How is the order of this list determined? Sometimes these lists are automatically placed in a logical order (alphabetic or numeric), but other times it is diplayed differently. Currently my month field is displayed in this order: 1 10 11 12 2 3 4... Any ideas? Jeff The month numbers...

Trying to open a blank document
Every time I open Word a particular document opens with it. I seem to be unable to open a blank document. I deleted the document that appears every time I open Word and still that same document is there when I open Word and /or a new blank page on Word. Any advice on how to correct this? See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Chairlady1" <Chairlady1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7D6D85F-9ED4-4D23-944A-8A977F9F672A@microsoft.com... > Every time I open Word a particular docum...

printing extra pages.
I designed a booklet using half page 8.5 X 11 (each page is 5.5 X 8.5) All went well until printing. On two different printers, a Canon inkjet and an HP laserjet it always prints an extra 8.5 X 11 page. I did all the usual checkings about margins etc. to no avail. I then started a new publication. I selected a 5.5 X 8.5 document in the form of a half page letter size with absolutely no text, pictures or anything. I tried printing this completely blank document on the two printers. Same problemm, an extra, unwanted page was printed. Any ideas? -- Bert Christensen, Toronto, Ontario we...

Moving text from a web page to Pub '03
How can I more easily copy text from a web page to Pub 2003? When I do it now, the text I try to insert appears in a different window, and does not entirely copy from there to the place I want to insert it in Pub. Thanks in advance. There is a tiny program that sits in the systray that will convert web page text to plain text. You can then paste into a Publisher text box. The nice thing about this application you don't have the tables that Publisher usually brings into the document with a paste. There is also Edit, Paste Special. http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/ -- Mary Sauer ...

Macro to delete all (and only) rows with cell value "" (blank) in column A
Hey Guys Still strugling here :( I want my macro to delet all rows as described in the subject. Will anyone give me a hand on this? In advance of the maco sequence I have sorted datatable and all theese rows are place in the bottom of the table. best regards Snoopy One way, sorted or not Sub DeleteBlanks() Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Snoopy" <blaksnm@jjuc.no> wrote in message news:306e8bd8-3ede-4f2d-9efa-e88a467241b3@l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.c...

Align Page Header Text to Bottom
Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap but I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the top. Arne, Usually... it's best to respond to previously posted questions... before starting a new one. On 2/14/2010 you posted the question "DLookup Different Values" Please see my response to that post, and let us know if that helped or not. Regarding this post, could you try to show a sample of what you're trying to do? ...