Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers

Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new
documents that includes the file name and path?  How?

Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not
advisable to do this in the Normal template, however.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com...
> Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all
> new
> documents that includes the file name and path?  How?

0
Suzanne

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

automatically naming files for savingb

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Cells Fill Automatically on Another Workbook
I've created what we'll call a seed worksheet to be used over and over for different clients. I have linked its cells to another workbook. As the originating seed worksheet directs its cell data to a specific cell on another workbook, how can I accomplish the workbook data not being overwritten but the new incoming data default to the next unused cell in the column? i.e. If the original seed worksheet cell B1 links to the worksheet cell A1, I would like the next instance of creating a new customer and his B1 information on his use of the seed worksheet to populate onto th...

formula to get sheet name
hi, can a formula retreive a worksheet name or does it need to be macro based? thanks, N.S. Hi Nigel, This formula that takes care of the possible situation whereby you have only one sheet in the workbook and its name is the same as the workbook's. Note: CELL("filename") will only work if the file has been saved at least once and if the file is opened in a different language system, the argument "filename" will need to be changed manually to the corresponding word (e.g. in Spanish "nombrearchivo"): =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),SUBSTITUTE(MID(CE...

changing a name in mulit parts of a document
I am setting up a word document. This will be used as a template In this document I wish to insert the same "name" throughtout this document. Is it possible to change the name in one spot and all of the others change automatically thanks See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

change exchange name suffix
Hi We need to change our exchange server 'name' suffix. The situation is that we have a local DNS domain 'bs.si' where all our company computers and server are (Win2k srv AD) We have also external domain 'bs-group.si' that is also for delivering mail (mx record). The Exchange server name is 'posta' Now when someone connects to Exchange server from outside via port 25 it responds like '220 posta.bs.si ...', but I want that the response will be like '220 posta.bs-group.si'. So that mail that is coming from our server will be seen like that i...

Automatic Number Sequence
I would like to make a form in excel that automatically generates a number of the form in one of the cells. How can I go about doing this, that everytime I print a sheet it automatically generates a new number in the sequence? I have tried playing around with macros and it doesn't seem to change, only stay at a specific number. Is there an easier formula that this can be done with or do I have to use macro's and how do I do it with macro's if that's what's required?? It's a product information form for new products that need entering into the system. Hi Awissa, ...

OWA and Domain Names
Hi, I added header fields so that users of my website would be directed to the default web site in IIS. However, now when trying to go to mydomain.com/exchange when I try to login as I did before it will not accept any logins. I tried KJM/loginname loginname mydomainname.com/loginname and always iwth the same password. But it accepts none of these. If I remove the headers and use the IP address it works fine. Is there a way to make teh authenticaiton work when using mydomainname.com/exchange What type of authentication are using? FBA? The use of host headers should not be causing...

Sales Document Inquiry Zoom
Has anyone ever seen after an order is fulfilled - the sales document detail inquiry zoom for the order is blank - doesn't even show the order information (which is standard gp). Header info on that window does have type id, document number; master number = 0; remaining subtotal=$; times repeated = 0 If i look at the sales quantity status inquiry zoom - qty to order = 1; qty to invoice = 1; Remaining qty=1 Quantity Allocated = 1 Quantity Fulfilled = 1 And the order will not transfer to invoice = no errors; the sales transfer log just says 0 documents transferred. Yes, I have seen...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Data in Fields Changing Automatically
We use a simple Access table to keep track of resolutions adopted by our City Council. It's always worked just fine until today. When I add information in the fields of a row and click in the next row, the information I just added changes. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern to how this happens. There is a column for the number of the resolution. Sometimes this will change to the number of the row above, or two rows above. I tried rebooting. Thanks in advance for any clues! ?Version of Access? ?Working directly in the table instead of, as recommended, in a fo...

Error, "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed".
Hi gurus, I have an Outlook 2002 client which talks to his mailbox on an Exchange 2000 server. Whenever he tries to go through the steps to add a second mailbox (in addition to his own, when opening Outlook), he receives the error: "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed". This error occurs as soon as he hits the "Add" button, before he even gets a chance to add in the mailbox name. For Outlook, this is an Exchange Server properties advanced setting. Very odd. Spin wrote: > Hi gurus, > > I have an Outlook 2002 client which talk...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

Combine multiple columns into one, automatically?
I'm trying to create a chart that will automatically combine into one column what are now several columns when displayed in an ordinary column chart. The columns I want to combine all have the same value on the Y-axis, but are shown (in an ordinary chart) as separate columns because they have different values along the X-axis. Is there any way to create a chart that will automatically add together the X-axis values and then display the results in a single column? Or, is this not really a "charting" problem, but instead a problem that requires me to recalculate my data bef...