Apply Section Break - Odd Page to Style.

Hi!

We can apply page break easily on style by click the "page break before" in
"Paragraph..." settings but how do you apply Section Break - Odd Page to a
customized style?

We are using Heading 1 as Chapter title and we want it to have Section Break
- Odd Page before so the Chapter title page always begins as a new section on
the odd page.

Thanks!

No, a section break cannot be made part of a style. Sorry!

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"gistahuang" <gistahuang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> We can apply page break easily on style by click the "page break before"
> in
> "Paragraph..." settings but how do you apply Section Break - Odd Page to a
> customized style?
>
> We are using Heading 1 as Chapter title and we want it to have Section
> Break
> - Odd Page before so the Chapter title page always begins as a new section
> on
> the odd page.
>
> Thanks!

0
Suzanne

Add page breaks after a certain number of cells in a column meet a condition
Hi I'm trying to insert a page break after a certain number (26) of cells, with length >=21, is exceeded I've grabbed snippets of code from here and there but can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ritchi Sub InsertPageBreak() 'insert a page break after the count of cells in column 1 with a defined length (>=21 by default) is exceeded (26 is the default count to trigger a page insert) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Activate Dim CountOfItems As Long CountOfItems = 0 Call PageBreaksHorizontalRemove lr = Ce...

Anyone Applied DST KB926666 Yet?
We are runnning W2K3 SP2 and I am reading the articles regarding the DST patch. Article KB912918 (mobile devices or shared mailboxes) has caught my attention. It appears that the new version of Store.exe that will be upgraded in the DST patch will change the way that permissions work. No longer is it enough to have full mailbox priviledges but you must also set a Send As permission too on accounts that open additional mailboxes. I am worried that this will blow up our BlackBerry Enterprise Server and our numerous people that open additional mailboxes. Has anyone updated their E2K3 se...

Fill entire page with printed area
I want an EASY way to fill the entire page with the printed.I adjust the margins to .25 all around. Now, I use large size font..i.e. 20--50 to help do this. I then adjust the columns/rows to fit. I have used 'Fit to page' etc and 'percents' to attempt to fill the page from top to bottom. Doesn't seem to do it. Easier way? ...

extract certain data for reports page
hi i am trying to build a program for basic accounting based on an ol dos program which i used to own 12 years ago! i cant find it anymore so im trying to build this program in excel an i have most of the work done but i need help sorting the basic data all the framework is there for inputing the data around a cashboo principle using item codes as keys for manipulating the data later on trouble is i dont know how to do the manipulating to get the seperat data out and sorted email me at al.foster@gmx.co.uk and ill give you details if you interested in helping me out thanks heres a picture o...

Excel 2007 Page Layout Selection Problem
I have a 19" monitor at a resolution of 1152 by 864. In page layout view, if I select a cell on page 1 by clicking just a little to the right of center in the cell, the cell and the one to the right of it are selected. If I click a little to the left of center in the cell, only the cell is selected. This behavior occurs with a zoom factor of 97% through 101%. With other zoom factors everything is fine. Also, if I scroll right so that column A disappears, there is no selection problem. This behavior does not occur on other pages, just page 1. Has anyone else noticed this kind of beh...

Can I copy a worksheet with its page setup and print formats?
Is there a way to maintain the page setup and print formats when copying a worksheet? Our admin assistant wants to be able to set up the print margins, header/footer, page orientation, etc. one time and then make multiple copies of the worksheet within the same workbook. When you copy a worksheet (not just the cells but the entire worksheet) you get the same page setup. To copy a sheet just hold Ctrl down and drag the worksheet tab to the right or left. Or right click on the tab and select Move or Copy. -- Jim "MSSAC_QA" <MSSAC_QA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Line break problem
I am using C# sendmail (cdosys.net) and can't get the lines to break in the MailBody part: Mail.Body = "Company: " + Request.Form["company"] + \n +"First Name: " + Request.Form["firstname"] + \n +"Last Name: " + Request.Form ["surname"]" + \n +"Category: " + Request.Form["category"] + \n +"SubCategory: " + Request.Form["subcategory"] + \n +"Zone: " + Request.Form ["zone"]" + \n +"Address: " + Request.Form["address"] ...

BUG: DPM 2010 RC
REPRO: -------- 1.) Setup 10 Hyper-V Childs on a High-End Server 2.) Install DPM2010 RA on these childs 3.) Wait for xx:00 / xx:30 and watch PerfMon 4.) DPM Service / TrustedInstaller will break RTC services for 1-5 seconds KEEP IN MIND: ----------------- - New Feature "Run a constistency check..." should be disabled for all PGs for RePro, because this generates well-known additional CPU load. This is out of focus. - No Issues if you use DPM 2007 instead. QUESTION: ------------- 1.) Is this a known Beta/RC issue which will be addressed with RTM? 2.) Can this &qu...

odd symbols and installing components
Hello, I have a user that has several issues when opening an MDE. 1. Upon the program launching, a window pops up saying "Installing components for Microsoft Office Access". This happens every time. 2. Late last week she had a problem opening reports or searching the DB. If she did either, she would get a prompt saying that she does not have enough memory. I think this problem may be solved as she isn't seeing that today, but I can't be sure. 3. Whenever she tries to search the DB, Access closes. I don't think it's a crash as it doesn't prompt her wit...

How do I e-mail 1 page of a multi page workbook
I have a multi page workbook and want to e-mail my managers their sheet only. How do I do this? Copy the page that you want to send to a new Workbook. Save that new Workbook under a new file name. Send it to recipients. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Lynne Hicks" wrote: > I have a multi page workbook and want to e-mail my managers their sheet only. > How do I do this? Hi, All the methods are here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that...

Applying corporate standards
The powers that be here have decided they want a particular look and feel to our emails. I've worked out a method where I keep the email signatures on the server and part of the login script uses RoboCopy to make sure the workstation local files haven't changed. Other parts of the request are a bit trickier to meet: 1. Ensure "Compose message in" is set to HTML 2. For both Replies and Forwarded messages, select "Include original message text" (no indent!) 3. Set font for new messages and replies to Arial, 10 pt, black 4. For re...

Breaking automatic link among Office Apps for User Information
Hi: Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically changes user information in MS Word. I need to break that link. I need a different user information for MS Word (for example) and another one for MS Entourage. Can someone point out how to do this? Thanks In article <1142638699.397871.141530@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, "Rodizurieta" <rodrigo@izurieta.com> wrote: > Hi: > > Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 > > I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically > changes user ...

Pivot Table Page Field
Hi There, I have a simple pivot table that shows sales by salesperson, per month. Months are represented by accounting period numbers (i.e. apr =1, may=2, .....march =12) The period numbers are the page field, so i select a period from the page field and it shows me the sales for that month by salesperson. However, I have the period in cell A1 that changes in real-time, can I link the page field to this cell, so instead of me having to increment the period. It simply picks it up from A1. Any help is appreciated Jim ...

sort report list on home page
In GP version 9, the report list on the home page sorts in the order the report was added. If you want to sort alphabetically or by series, you have to open the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

why can't I move page breaks in XP Office
after several install/reinstall I still can not move page breaks with mouse WHY????? ...

Access Page Setup
I'm building a form in Access that I want to be able to print out and mail. There are a few pages to the form, as there's lots of information I need. The page setup will not allow me to go past 22". I've tried to change the number in the columns tab under the Page Setup button, but it will not let me go above 22". Any help or suggestion is appreciated. I do not want to have to create the form in Access to enter information and then create another form in Word then PDF for printing and mailing. Waste of time. In Access you don't print Forms, you print Report...

having trouble making property pages reflect change in font
Hi All; I have an application that has a dialog. it was created in VS6 using C++. the Dialog contains a property sheet/status window pair and a property sheet with multiple property pages. using the resource editor i changed all the fonts in the dialog and property pages. however when i run the app only the status window shows the new font. i have attempted to pass the property sheet the font from the dialog using: GetFont()->GetLogFont( &fFont); fParentFont.CreateFontIndirect(&fFont); m_FMSPresetsPropertySheet->SetFont(&fParentFont); i then called : m_FMSPreset...

In Publisher 2002, how do I specify the printer to only print odd.
I have a document that is 16 pages. I want to only print the odd or even pages when I send it to print. I can't find a feature in the print setup that allows this function. Am I missing something? Hi geacea (geacea@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a document that is 16 pages. I want to only print the odd or || even pages when I send it to print. I can't find a feature in the || print setup that allows this function. Am I missing something? This is not a feature available in current version of Publisher. However, there is an add-in availabl...

Page Background Fill in Print Layout View? Word 2002
Using Word 2002 I would like to have a repeating background in my Word document ie. I have a 100 pixel tall graphic that I'd like to have repeat down the page as a background for the text on the page. I was able to get the effect I want by using Format-> Background -> Fill Effects -> Picture. I get the look I want. However, it only shows up with the background in Web Layout view, not in Print Layout. Is there any way to get this look in Print Layout? I would settle for creating a fixed graphic as many pixels tall as I need and using that, but it has to be a backdr...

How to add company name in activitylist of home page?
Thanks Chris Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or account name. therefore, when going to the home page all activities will start with "ABC Company - call Bob about deal " etc, etc Hi Mike Could you be a bit more specific? How can i do this? Thanks! Christian Mike wrote: > Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is > created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or > account name. therefore, when going to the home page al...

print "over flow" of details section on a second page
Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? THanks Page footers are rarely "disturbed". I can't imagine what you mean... :-( -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "kyle775" wrote: > Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. > Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page > without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? > THanks > > On 20...

styling in a gridview
I have a gridview that has a column that changes color onmouseover. But, I need to have the row return back to the original color in the onmouseout. The rows alternate backgroundcolor. Here is the code (_RowDataBound) that is currently in play; e.Row.Cells[4].Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.style.cursor='pointer'; this.style.backgroundColor='Gainsboro'; this.style.color='blue'"); e.Row.Cells[4].Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.style.color='black'"); I just added the Gains...

HQ lLient failing to complete style 401
Hi, Of my 11 stores, 2 do not complete auto generated 401 styles. HQ Client sits and waits until it hangs and dies. I upgraded to RMS 2.0 and all stores sit on hotfix 9 build 2.0.0109. HQ server sits on build 2.0.0105 I am reluctant to apply service packs or hotfixes as I know the carnage it causes or can cause and this costs my business a great deal. Can anyone give reasons, suggestions, actions as to what I Can do in order to resolve why the 401 hangs. If I delete the 401 and manually recreate it it seems to go fine Thanks in advance Dan HQ client and HQ server program should b...

Number Applying Value To Text Selection In List Box
undefined U N D E F I N E D undefined I have created a list box where the choice is either I or M. I need the selection to convert to 0 or 1 accordingly. I then use SUM to add up the total in a column. Can anyone help this beginner please? -- ANDYPAND ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ANDYPAND's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25351 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388333 Sorry i messed up the formatting on my initial post- i will try again: I have created a list box wh...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...