adding background to document

I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added
backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background. Again
in word I see the background but in print preview it is not there. Can you
help.

Carol Ring wrote:
> I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added
> backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background.
> Again in word I see the background but in print preview it is not
> there. Can you help.

Go to Office button > Word Options > Display. In the Printing Options
section, check the option "Print background colors and images".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay
1/19/2010 10:24:49 PM
Do not that most printers will not print to the edge of the paper, so you
will have a white border all around; and printing background colours is a
good way to quickly exhaust your supply of ink. Better to print on coloured
paper.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Carol Ring wrote:
>> I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added
>> backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background.
>> Again in word I see the background but in print preview it is not
>> there. Can you help.
>
> Go to Office button > Word Options > Display. In the Printing Options
> section, check the option "Print background colors and images".
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so all may benefit.

0
Graham
1/20/2010 7:25:34 AM
I'm trying to add two colors to the background of my document so that it
would gradually change from one to the other (from top to bottom). However,
when I do this, I only get a wavy pattern in wich the colors change back and
forth.
I tried creating a .jpg-file and attaching it as a background to the
document. This resulted in a background where the picture is displayed
several times so that it fills the entire page.
So my question is, how can I get the picture stretched to fit the page?
And is the same option available for the background colors so that the color
would change only once over the entire page (from top to bottom)?
Backgrounds are primariliy for web page creation.
Insert a text box. Set its layout property to behind text and drag it to the
full page. You can then use a gradient fill in the text box.
It still won't print to the edges of the paper.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Tiia, Finland" <Tiia, Finland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to add two colors to the background of my document so that it
> would gradually change from one to the other (from top to bottom).
> However,
> when I do this, I only get a wavy pattern in wich the colors change back
> and
> forth.
> I tried creating a .jpg-file and attaching it as a background to the
> document. This resulted in a background where the picture is displayed
> several times so that it fills the entire page.
> So my question is, how can I get the picture stretched to fit the page?
> And is the same option available for the background colors so that the
> color
> would change only once over the entire page (from top to bottom)?

0
Graham

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Supersized documents
I do a 6 page newsletter that incorporates maybe 15 or so images (some clip art.... some snagged from the web). Copyright issues aside (this is a SMALL NEWSLETTER for local members of a craft club -- no money making involved), I am frustrated in that my document seems to grow to enormous sizes. Generally -- I take last month's document... do a save as... then delete nearly all of the content. This preserves the need for recreating several repeat features/headlines. Pictures are usually either jpg or gifs. I then rebuild next month's newsletter. I print it to PDF for easy di...

Change background / color of chart worksheet?
Need steps to change the color or backgound of the worksheet that is a chart. Have multiple tabs in workbook that are just the charts. Only option for background is to use Format-Sheet-Background. That changes background of chart, but not the grey areas around the chart on the chart tab. You need to select the Chart Area (what you call the, "grey areas around the chart") and format that. There are 2 separate, "parts" to a chart:- 1. The Plot Area (which you seem to have formatted OK) and the 2. Chart Area. You need to select each of them to format th...

Document Date vs. Batch Date
Can someone explain to me the difference between document date and batch date. The way I understand it, the document date refers to the date the item will hit the subledger and the batch date (if batch date is the posting option) refers to the date the transaction will hit the general ledger. Is this correct? Does this mean that if I have all my periods open for a year and I enter a cash receipt transaction with a document date of 05/01/04 in a batch with a batch date of 06/01/04 that my subledger will not balance to my general ledger for that month? Elizabeth, You've got it ...

Need help with printing Excel document
I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the cells and rows visable. Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File > PrintArea > SetPrintArea...........then do File > PrintPreview.......what you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print drivers and margins set etc......... If it still don't work, post back with more details. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jody mullis via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:507040B8C48C0@OfficeKB.com... > I want to print it out exactly a...

flashing background
I'm using conditional formatting for a background colour but I want too make it flash! Is this possible? Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can use a macro to do this, but you'll suffer a hit in performance (I wouldn't do it): http://google.com/groups?threadm=eBO4pmOQ%23GA.265%40uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net (One line in your browser) ahzulu wrote: > > I'm using conditional formatting for a background colou...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Copying dates between Excel documents
I have noticed that when I copy a date eg/ 23/02/04 (UK format) from on Excel document to another the date becomes 22/02/00. Has anyone comes across this, its really infuriating as I have t redate everything again Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com XL has two date systems, the Windows default 1900 date system, in which the 0-base date is 31 December 1899, and the MacXL default 1904 date system, in which the 0-base date is 1 January 1904. The systems differ by 4 years and a day. To resolve your issue, make sure that both workbooks have the same date system selected...

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

Adding company name to the "From" field
Hopefully this is an easy problem. We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 in a mixed domain. (Win2k and Win2003 servers) Lets say I am working for a company named "XYZ". The owner of the company wants the "from" line in the email client to say "Bill Smith, XYZ Company". Unfortunately I can not find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated. Bob Hi Bob, Just use ADModify to rewrite the Display name for every user in your company, or for users of that company (if companys are sharing and AD) ADModify can be found here: http://www.gotdotnet.co...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

Document Map showing
On one of my reports that I open via web server I get the preview display fine but it shows a "Document Map" section at the left that shows the ID number I am using as a link parameter in a subreport. How can I get rid of this when running the report? Thanks. -- David ...

ActiveX control being added to outgoing e-mail?
I have a user running Outlook 2003 via Exchange 2000. All outgoing messages sent by his system apparently have an ActiveX control in them. Any messages I try to open on another machine give the alert "Your current Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls..." Could this mean the user has a virus? Something else? Any help is appreciated, and a direct reply to me is appreciated as well. Thanks, John M John discovered this was due to bad signature or stationary files in Outlook. I had the same problem with a user and tested this theory. There was indeed some c...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?

Problem with AD-users
Hi, Ive done big mis-deleting. Ive tried to do one new DL-object for exchange. Its usually placed under users-coNtainer. The Distribution List I made, was false, so I had to be delete it. But, somehow Ive deleted a lot of objects from users-container! There did not existed many users they are in separate containers, but some were like administrator! I thin, it isnt possible to delete admin-account. The account still exist, but I think its properties arent now OK. I cannot add administrator account for administrator or any mailbox. Exchange system tool wont regocnize ay useraccounts. B...

Help with Document Merging
I am not even sure if this is possible....so I will give you some background to help you understand what I need... Thanks in advance for any help you can provide... I work for a staffing firm and we use various questionnaires to collect information about our candidates. Each questionnaire is targeted to a specific type of candidate, i.e. a questionnaire for accounting candidates versus a questionnaire for an HR candidate or an IT candidate. Each questionnaire has a set of questions that is specific for that job type, but each questionnaire also has a set of general question...

Preview Documentation?
Hi -- Our company is evaluating new accounting software and we are probably going to choose between Great Plains and Navision. I am curious to know if it is possible to get a copy of the documentation for both of these products before we make our final selection. We have had demos from the two companies who will sell us either of these products, but as the IT Director I would like to get a deeper look at these products. Since it did not seem possible to get a demo to run on our network, I thought the documentation might be a good way to try to get a better grasp on these products. Any...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

Cannot edit EXCEL Document
I'm reposting this question with a more precise subject . . . I've upgraded 15 locations to IE 8.0. At one of the sites, upon trying to edit a file in Excel, I get the message "Edit Document" requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application and IE 6.0 or greater". I'm running 8.0 and Excel 2003 is running like at my other sites. I did not get any "run Active X" bars that I failed to click on. I cleared the cache and rebooted the computer. Any ideas on what I should do? Does Microsoft have a telephone number for support that I ca...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Adding a Record
I have 2 Subforms on my Main form. Each Subform contains a combo box with drop-down list. Their tables are on the many side of the one-to-many relationship with the Main form. When I make a selection on Subform 1, Subform 2 automatically populates with a correlated item from its drop-down list. PROBLEM: when I make a SECOND selection on Subform 1, the item that was listed on Subform 2 gets replaced with the item correlating with the SECOND selection. How can I adjust my code so that the second item is ADDED to the list on Subform 2 instead of replacing the first item? A sample of...