Add and delete Word document Paragraph symbol

Working in word Office 2003, I have just done something to cause the
paragraph symbol to appear at the beginning and ending of each sentence in my
3 page document. Is there a path to deleting this problem?

Click the � button on the toolbar (again, since that's probably what
you did to turn it on) or press Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:12:28 -0700, Jbjr
<Jbjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Working in word Office 2003, I have just done something to cause the
>paragraph symbol to appear at the beginning and ending of each sentence in my
>3 page document. Is there a path to deleting this problem?
0
Jay

Deleting Data in Sample database Northwind traders
I would like to use the sample database Northwindtraders that comes with the software for my business but i need to delete all the data from all the connected templates especially the Inventory so i can enter my own data. Is this possible? or is thier others like it that don't come with the sample data included? I don't have months to learn how to use it Thanks Brad Dalton Create a brand new blank database. Then import all objects from the Northwind database into yours. On the import objects screen for tables make sure that you import "definition only." ...

Add a goal line to a column chart
I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any suggestions? The goal has to be represented as a line and not as a column. Thanks for your help! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Brandy" <Brandy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF99E151-13A4-461D-B9CA-DECE4E467904@microsoft.com... >I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any > sugg...

WORD vs. EXCEL: How to Optimize
Hi all... I have a fairly complex spreadsheet that also incorporates lots of legal text. The app allows reps to enter info about prospects, and it computes pricing, generates legal documents, and other info. Clearly, EXCEL handles the math, but is weak with text. Depending upon certain inputs, different blocks of text may be used. Ideal world: utilize the best of both. Question: should I make this a WORD_centric document or an EXCEL-centric document, and how to set up the links between the two. Many thanks... /Randy Randy, It depends in part on the layout you want. With Excel, you ge...

Saving documents to a specific location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Before my most recent hard disk crash, I used to get a good choice when saving documents. Now all I can choose is Mac HD. How do I expand that choice so I can navigate to where I want to save things? Click the 'Expand' button at the right of the Save As: file name box. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/30/10 11:31 AM, in article 59bb92a7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Geraldkimbo@officeformac.com" <Geraldkimbo@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Oper...

Add hours together
I'm trying to do up a timesheet - very basic mon-fri. I have time in and lunch and time out. At the end of each row I have a formula that calculates 7:15 hours i.e. number of hours worked that day. When I try to add up the five rows for the weekly total I get 12:15 but it should add up to 36:15 i.e. 36 hours and fifteen minutes. I've tried converting to serial number but can't seem to get it to work. There was a mention of a link to cpearson but that seems very complicated. I just want to add hours together to get a total number of hours. On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:22:05 -0700,...

Office Document Imaging TLB?
Howdy, I would like to use the MODI interface to manipulate some TIFFs. If I try to load the type library for this, I get nothing to load. ??? I get the Microsoft Office Document Imaging dll but nothing more. Where can I get the files to include this in my program? I understand it's only on Office 2003 and have 2003 loaded. So that's not the problem. The dll exists (MDIVWCTL.dll). -- Frank Perry LavaLeaf Software ...

add items to a contact
I would like to know if it were possible (and how, maybe with a plugin) to add items to a contact in outlook 2003. In concrete, as I have seen in Agilix Gobinder 2005 or Tabletplanner, in a contact one can add persons (spouse, sons, assistants, etc) and then add to each of them items (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). In the calendar view, these family celebration dates appear so one would be able to recall them. Gobinder and Tabletplannet can sync with Outlook , but unfortunatly, these added items have no counterpart in outlook, so they are missed in outlook. Any help, please? Jaume You...

importing data into a Word document
Say you have a Word document that is setup like a form in that it has lines for people to input data. It is technically not a form in that you don't click into a box and type data. Rather the blank lines indicate people should input something there. Is there a way to take data from a Excel file and import that data into the Word file in specific locations? If so would there have to be some formatting done to the locations where the data would import into? Look at Word help for Mail Merge file creation with Excel as the data source. I think that might be helpful to ...

Is it possible to add background sound to an email in Outlook 2007?
Is it possible to add background sound to an email in Outlook 2007? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201005/1 Outlook can't play active content so while you could embed it (using an HTML editor), it won't play. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...

Deleting rows #6
Hi all How can I delete rows below my work area? Someone's selected loads of rows (upto 6000) and saved the workbook. Any advice would be appreciated Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select entire row directly below your work area, Hit the delete key, save file. Though this will not actually delete the rows, it will reset the last row number used to assist in scrolling through your work area "Joey >" <<Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com... : Hi all : : How can I delete rows below my w...

Creating a self deleting executable using .NET
I am trying to create an application for the Windows Mobile 5.0 (or higher) platform. One of the features of the application is that it has a panic button that automatically closes down the application and deletes the executable. I have been trying to find a technical solution for this feature but it has proven to be much harder than I thought. The problem is that the physical executable file is locked and can't be deleted as long as the executable is running. I found some quite interesting articles explaining the problem in more detail and also explaining some possibl...

How do I change the size of a text form field box in Word?
I f more text is typed in the text form field box then its standard size the other form fill boxes to the right all move over to accommodate the additional text. Is there a way to increase the text form field box? Place your form fields inside (border-less) table cells whose dimensions are fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Blink" <Blink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:383D7E9E-5A0E-4F3A-9586-CAC98B0CD776@microsoft.com... >I f more text is typed in the text form field box then its standard size >the > other form fill...

delete pivot table
Hello, Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resides on. thanks bill Select the pivot table and do edit>clear>all -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "billq" <bill.quigg@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c7udneOu4-eac3bcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hello, > Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my > method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resid...

Symbol Scanner Hands-Free Problem
We have a Symbol 2208 scanner set up with RMS, which we like to use in hands-free mode. Sometimes, it won't scan in that mode - light just stays red and you have to pick up the scanner and use manually. Then, it will just start working again. Anybody know what the trick is to get it to work properly in hands-free mode? I checked the documentation, all it lists is how to set up the stand and how the mode works, but it doesn't say anything about troubleshooting that part. I also tried rebooting to no avail. Thanks for any input, Miranda in Madison, WI This is a multi-part message i...

Add Members to Marketing List and Resend Campaign Activity
We are studying how campaigns and marketing lists work and see that once you have sent a campaign activity, you can't send it again. If you are managing an event, it's likely that you will continue to add members to your marketing list after the email invitation has gone out. Is there a way to send the campaign activity to the newly added members, and exclude those that have already received it? ...

Can't delete Money investment; investment gets recreated after every download #2
Hi, I'm running into an annoying issue with Money 2006: A while ago I accidentally set up two investments for MSFT: one with an associated stock symbol, and the other obviously with no symbol. I would like to merge these two investments. I tried doing that by remapping all of the 'wrong' investment transactions to the right investment (the one with the stock symbol), and then deleting the wrong investment. However, every time I go to download account updates from Fidelity, I get a prompt saying "you've got xxx stock of Microsoft Corp. (the wrong type)". If I let Mone...

Deleted Messages...
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Microsoft Outlook 2000 Premium If a user deleted all their items from within their SENT ITEMS folder and then emptied the DELETED ITEMS folder, is there any way at all to recover those messages? Thanx. Deleted item retention stores these for a number of days.. Outlook -> Tools -> Recover Deleted Items. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Help inserting SYMBOLs in VBA
Using Insert -> Symbol, I am able to insert symbols into a worksheet. How can I do this programiatically from VBA? I've tried recording a macro to see but running that same macro inserts a question mark ("?") instead of the symbol I inserted when recording the macro. Thanks -Ed Take some notes when you do it manually--keep track of the codes you're using. This worked ok for me: With ActiveSheet.Range("e1") .Value = Chr(38) .Font.Name = "Wingdings" End With Ed Landau wrote: > > Using Insert -> Symbol, I am ab...

Advanced Find Add-on
We have MS CRM 3.0. As you know the advanced find does not display columns from related entities. Do you know any reliable add-on which does this job ? Thanx! On 9 =C1=D0=D2, 16:07, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have MS CRM 3.0. As you know the advanced find does not display columns= > from related entities. Do you know any reliable add-on which does this job= ? > > Thanx! Microsoft 4.0 allow to display in views colums from related entities. Recently we installed 3.0, so we are not thinking for now at least to go for 4.0 "bilyin@gmail.com...

Troubleshooting Delete #2
Roady - I thought originally I had said I was trying to delete an old message from Outbox in Outlook. It will not delete and says that "mapi spooler" whatever and has originally begun transmitting. I have tried to put Outlook in offline work mode, it will still not delete. I have tried to move the message to another folder, but it will not move. Outlook would go back online by itself. So, then, I tried disconnecting the cable for the internet, restarted, and tried to delete again. No go. I browsed other discussions and saw that you had recommended using a shift delete. This a...

DELETE IN External DB
Kinda like Suspicious SQL but this is DELETE... DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN '" & C:\RED\Reddy.mdb & "' " & _ "WHERE (((tblPay.PayNameID)=[Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID]));" DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) Where does the IN part go? Thanks DS I think you have the position correct, just not the syntax. DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN 'C:\RED\Reddy.mdb' " _ & "WHERE tblPay.PayNameID=" _ & [Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID] DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) You could also use...

explorer pops up automatically after openning excel or word doc...
Hello: I have a users, call them rso and lso, that only on this system this odd thing happens (using his account, this issue does not exist for admin account). I have tried the same steps on another system and same accounts, but can not repeat the problem... here is the issue: when either of them opens NT explorer then double clicks either Excel or word (the only 2 that I tried so far), the application opens, and about 4 secs later, the explorer window pops up in front of the application... very strange. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? TIA ...

Deleting emails
I am unable to delete a email I have received. I just get a message saying "an error has occurred". Can anybody tell me what to do please. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about using queries in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express? Windows Vista Mail?) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Chrissy" <christinebown@blueyonder.co.uk>...

Can Publisher 2007 produce the same cool picture effects as Word 2
In Word 2007, there are some really cool new picture effects such as * blurred edges, * an effect that looks like an actual photograph with white edge (with or without tilt) raised off the page with a shadow, * reflection shadows, * etc. I had Publisher 2003, which could not do these effects natively and furthermore wouldn't even correctly print an image effect I created in Word 2007 and then copy/pasted into Pub 2003. So I bought the Pub 2007 upgrade and I still can't figure out how to do it. I need to figure this out quickly because if I can't get it to...

Outlook 2007 using IMAP settings: Deleted files are disappearing
I am using Outlook 2007 (using IMAP settings) and Windows 7. When I delete an e-mail in Outlook, a line appears through the message and it disappears after a few seconds but the message does not get moved to the deleted (Outlook and IMAP) files folder. I have checked for the deleted message in my IMAP deleted files and/or trash folder via webmail as well as in the Outlook deleted folder. I have unchecked the auto archive and the option to purge the folder on exiting in Outlook. Can anyone tell me where these files have gone? Could it be something in my settings? Is this a bug? Thank yo...