Add and delete Word document Paragraph symbol

Working in word Office 2003, I have just done something to cause the
paragraph symbol to appear at the beginning and ending of each sentence in my
3 page document. Is there a path to deleting this problem?

Click the � button on the toolbar (again, since that's probably what
you did to turn it on) or press Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:12:28 -0700, Jbjr
<Jbjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Working in word Office 2003, I have just done something to cause the
>paragraph symbol to appear at the beginning and ending of each sentence in my
>3 page document. Is there a path to deleting this problem?
0
Jay

Deleted Items in Inbox
How can I get Outlook to stop showing deleted items in the Inbox? What version of Outlook are you doing? Are you using IMAP and if so have you purged your deleted items yet? -- -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Jeffery Rehm" <jr@jrehmconsulting.net> wrote in message news:#nW#$NAoIHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How can I get Outlook to stop showing deleted items in the Inbox? > IMAP? Use a view that hides deleted items and purge the folder occasionally -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Your...

Add a Second Exchange Server
If I want to install a second exchange 2000 server (or 2003) can I just install it normally and then in the event that we lose our primary server (server A) can I take the most recent clean shutdown edb and stm files and mount them to the second server and then have the clients re-point their profiles to server B? Thanks! Hello, Actually the Active Directory will still have them pointing to the old server. You would have to run exchange tasks and remove exchange attributes and then reconnect them through Exchange System Manager to the mailboxes on the new server. They then would...

compare and merge documents in 2007
How do you compare 2 excel documents with track changes and merge them together after accepting the changes in Excel 2007? ...

undefined symbol error
I have a report that reads a table i created. When I attempt to run the report I get the following error: Undefined Symbol 'F22001D03924PO Number' I have looked at the table in SQL and in DEX and there are no apparent problems with it. There IS a field called 'PO Number', but it seems well defined. I don't have a problem with a stored procedure that runs prior to the report that fills the data in this table. The data is in the table and it is correct. Any idea how to find and solve this problem? Don This is a problem with the report itself, check the fields...

Word won't quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just installed Office 2008 for Mac, ran software update and installed version 12.2.3 -- Running OSX 10.6.2 on a MacBook Pro. <br> Word opens and seems to be working well, but when asked to Quit it gives an error message -- &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted and not defective. (Normal.dotm)&quot; -- When I click OK, I get a chance to report the problem. Then as long as I uncheck the option to recover my work and restart, it wil...

add a business unit picklist
Hello, I'm wanting to add a picklist of my business units to the Account and Contact forms. I found a newsgroup post from John O'Donnell posted on 12/13/2004 that mentions this is possible. (seach for "views or sort by business unit" in the CRM newsgroup to find the thread containing John's post). I'm hoping John or someone else will be able to further explain how I can go about doing this. See John's post below... Thanks! "one way would be to add a picklist field to your forms which contains your business units etc so you can then create views to filt...

Auto Add Textboxes in Forms
In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make a form which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one. My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one?" Thanks in Advance! Don't do it. The maintenance makes it more effort than it is worth. Just set them all up in design, and maybe hide them until needed. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...

Using Dependents
In a particular instance when I am using the dependents search facility, a small symbol like a table or an Excel sheet appears, (the dependent arrow pointing to it). It's as if it is indicating that some other sheet has data dependednt on the cell. But I can't find any other sheet with dependent data. Double-click the arrow to the sheet symbol and Excel will display the dependent cells -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zembu" <Zembu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352631A7-0BF4-451D-8781-669C26270BF6@microsoft....

Problems with CRM & Outlook add-ins
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with the CRM and Outlook add-ins. For some reason the CRM won't start correctly if some toolbars and add-in are installed (like Plaxo toolbar and iTunes add-in). I get the error that it couldn't connect to the microsoft crm server. If I disable these add-ins, the CRM works. I'd appreciate your help here, because some people in my company need these toolbars. Thanks, Guy ...

How can I add a CDaoRecordview and/or CDaoRecordset class to a project in VC2003?
Hello group I have a problem. I don't know how add CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class to a project in VC2003. In VC 6 I know,but with VC2003 I do: 1. Click Project. 2. Add Class 3. Click Category/MFC -> MFC class 4. I don't see the CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class in base class list. Please anybody, help me!!! Thank's in advance ...

EXCEL Decimal changes during WORD Merge
Why does Excel change 16 cents into .1599999 in a merge process Have not had this problem until we upgraded to 2003????? I have tried different cell formats in Excel Number - currency - accounting - custom - all with the 2 decimal places text - but rather not lose numeric functions (am re-entering figures by hand and using text format today to finish merged letters - - ugghhh!) Help? I have had a similar problem in previous versions of Excel as well, not just Office 2003. Is the data in Excel coming from an outside source like a non Microsoft database query? I run into this probl...

Delete duplicate Cells (formula)
Is there a formula that will delete duplicate Columns/ and or rows -- Ran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29049 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487802 Bumping up--- If it can not be done let me know -- Ran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29049 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Can't delete files
I have files on my desktop and in word that I cannot delete. The message says that the files are open in system, but nothing else is running. I am the only user on this computer. Please help! See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm and you may have to reboot to release the most stubborn files. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><&...

Word 2008 visual display is outdated.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac last year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up, like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer, which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The one with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different ...

search text files for a certain word
How do I search text files for a certain word using a macro. I need to look for the word "SerialNo" and return the following 10 characters. I will be repeating this for hundreds of files. For now, how do I do it for a single file. Excel 97 f = "c:\test.txt" filenumber = FreeFile Open f For Input As filenumber a = Input(FileLen(f), filenumber) Close filenumber LookFor = LCase("SerialNo") b = InStr(LCase(a), LookFor) If b > 0 Then MsgBox Mid(a, b + Len(LookFor), 10) End If Mishell "Fan924" <a924fan@yahoo.com> a �crit dans ...

Covert a document with Qualified elements to Unqualified Elements
Hi, What kind of XML jugglery will permit me to covert a XML Document with "Qualified" elements into an XML document without Qualified Elements. eg: The source document is something like <ns0:baseelement xmlns:"http://schemas.myorg.com/solutions/yabadaba"> <ns0:record1> <ns0:nelement1>value</ns0:nelement1> ... ... </ns0:record1> ... ... </ns0:baseelement> to something like <baseelement xmlns:"http://schemas.myorg.com/solutions/yabadaba"> <record1> <nelement...

maximiser documents
Hi, My client was using Maximiser. I have exported both the companies, contacts and notes with not problem. I cant find where the documents are stored in maximiser. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? I need to get some details from these docs to import into CRM. Thanks Mike ...

Body Text paragraphs within a List Style ?
Hopefully I will explain my question clearly. ;) If one has created a list style in MS Word 2008, how does one include "in that list" some paragraphs that are in one's Body Text style but are based on the indent rules of the list style? In other words, I start a list with list paragraph number 1. but after the first sentence I'd like to include several paragraphs with a style consistent with the list paragraph but not a new list number. Hope that is clear. Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: Investigate the "List Continue" series of ...

copy excel chart into Word
I'm trying copy an excel chart into a Word template. I'm not sure how to get it into the predefined labels within Word. Has anyone done this ? Thanks If you're trying to merge data from an Excel table into a Word document, there are instructions on the Word MVP web site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/ And David McRitchie has instructions on his web site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you can provide more details. CarolS wrote: > I'm trying copy an excel chart into a W...

Does anyone Actually Use Word's Table of Authorities Feature for Real Work
One of the groups I support is the law department. I saw them creating a table of authorities by hand. I asked why they were doing that because Word has a built in TOA feature. They explained that the Word's TOA feature is more of a pain than a help. So I decided to try and prove them wrong---and failed miserably. Over the past few month I had picked at the issues. During the past two weeks I had some time to seriously look at it. My conclusion is that the TOA feature is a check box feature only. It's there. We can say the product does it but the feature is incapable of ...

inserted symbols
The symbols I have inserted will not print and I cannot figure out why. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi Kerri, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and install the latest printer driver that is available. It's important to note that the CD-Rom that came with your printer will most likely NOT have the most recent driver for your printer. Popular P...

OL2K3
I'm looking for documented proof (article, posting, etc.) that what I'm seeing is actually "by design". Deleted Item from Junk Mail (DEL, not shift-DEL), it went to Deleted Items folder and I emptied Deleted Items.could not recover Item from Deleted Items, had to recover from Junk Mail. That was weird, and I assure you it did go to Deleted Items. Deleted Item from Sent Items, emptied Deleted Items folder.could recover item from Deleted Items AND Sent Items. On Sent Items folder, went to Deleted Items Recovery and PURGED the item. Could no longer recover item fro...

Word count but exclude superscript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This is a tough one. I have written a paper with citations and bibilography, created by Bookends. The intext citations are in the form of superscript numbers. I want to do a word count but exclude the superscripts in the count. Is there a way? No. Nothing quick and convenient. You could make a copy of the document, rip out all the citations, then count the words there. That's a bit of a fiddle. Why do you need it that accurate? Cheers On 29/12/09 7:39 PM, in article 59bafefa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIax...

Putting an Excel pivot report in a letter in Word!
I can't seem to put my pivot report in a letter in word without it looking too big and not transferring the same. Any suggestions? Hi, I tried to copy and paste a pivot table in both 2003 and 2007 without any problem. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "sumrgrl" wrote: > I can't seem to put my pivot report in a letter in word without it looking > too big and not transferring the same. Any suggestions? I can copy and paste but it is clearly too big and I want the pivot report to fit in the letter. Is there a paste s...

Email mail merge using Word 2003 and Outlook 2003
I initiated an email merge from Word 2003 and everything works fine till I click O.K. in the Merge to Email box. The computer "works" like it is sending the messages to Outlook 2003 but they are never sent. It seems to be a problem of Outlook and Word not properly working together?? How do I solve this problem? I know the messages are not being sent because I sent two messages to myself at two separate email addresses and neither was received. Do they show in your Sent Items folder or do they hang in the Outbox? Also, do you have a virus scanner installed which int...