A tough one? Two page template with separate headers and rolling. - 122017

Hi,

I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:

I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format
for video and audio production.

I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder I
will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered
tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on the
left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the second
page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When I look
at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read from
left to right across the entire two pages.

When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items 1-10)
onto two NEW pages - pages 3 & 4!

Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a rolling
template.  Is there a way to do this?

I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing all
ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then just
cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large format
printer.

On 31/05/2010 4:09 PM, bmowell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:
>
> I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format
> for video and audio production.
>
> I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder I
> will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered
> tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on the
> left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the second
> page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When I look
> at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read from
> left to right across the entire two pages.
>
> When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
> template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items 1-10)
> onto two NEW pages - pages 3&  4!
>
> Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a rolling
> template.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing all
> ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then just
> cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large format
> printer.
It would be a lot easier to do this in Excel, with the columns sized so
that there was a page break between columns 5 and 6 and on the Sheet tab
of the Page Setup dialog, select the "Over, then down" option in the
Page order section of the dialog.

Inserting rows will then result in the output being modified in the
manner that you are after.

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Thanks!  That works great for pushing the bottom row and columns onto the
next two pages, however I still don't see a way to be able to carry the cells
that contain my column names onto the two new pages without doing it
manually. I have not been using headers because I couldn't figure out how to
have different headers (1-10) across the original two pages - it would only
let me have duplicate headers from page one to page two.

Any ideas?  lol.  :-)

On 31/05/2010 7:08 PM, bmowell wrote:
> Doug,
>
> Thanks!  That works great for pushing the bottom row and columns onto the
> next two pages, however I still don't see a way to be able to carry the cells
> that contain my column names onto the two new pages without doing it
> manually. I have not been using headers because I couldn't figure out how to
> have different headers (1-10) across the original two pages - it would only
> let me have duplicate headers from page one to page two.
>
> Any ideas?  lol.  :-)

Put the column headings as the first row(s) of the sheet and set those
rows as the "Rows to repeat at top" in the Print titles section on the
Sheet tab of the Page Setup dialog.  (Those rows should then be excluded
from the "Print area" that you can set via that same dialog so that they
are not duplicated on the first printed pages.)

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply to the newsgroup unless you want to obtain my services on a
professional basis.
0
Doug
5/31/2010 9:33:03 AM
You can do this from page setup e.g. In Excel 2007, the Page Setup is on the
Page Layout tab. Click the arrow in the bottom right corner of the section.
On the Sheet tab select row(s) to repeat at the top - probably $1:$1.

In page order check Over then Down. Odd pages will display the header row
from the first 'page'.  Even pages will display the header row from the
second 'page'.

Excel 2003 has a similar dialog accessed from the File menu and the settings
above are available and it works in the same way.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"bmowell" <bmowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doug,
>
> Thanks!  That works great for pushing the bottom row and columns onto the
> next two pages, however I still don't see a way to be able to carry the
> cells
> that contain my column names onto the two new pages without doing it
> manually. I have not been using headers because I couldn't figure out how
> have different headers (1-10) across the original two pages - it would
> only
> let me have duplicate headers from page one to page two.
>
> Any ideas?  lol.  :-)
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> On 31/05/2010 4:09 PM, bmowell wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:
>> >
>> > I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline
>> > format
>> > for video and audio production.
>> >
>> > I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder
>> > will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with
>> > bordered
>> > tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on
>> > the
>> > left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the
>> > second
>> > page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When
>> > I look
>> > at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read
>> > from
>> > left to right across the entire two pages.
>> >
>> > When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
>> > template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items
>> > 1-10)
>> > onto two NEW pages - pages 3&  4!
>> >
>> > Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a
>> > rolling
>> > template.  Is there a way to do this?
>> >
>> > I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing
>> > all
>> > ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then
>> > just
>> > cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large
>> > format
>> > printer.
>> It would be a lot easier to do this in Excel, with the columns sized so
>> that there was a page break between columns 5 and 6 and on the Sheet tab
>> of the Page Setup dialog, select the "Over, then down" option in the
>> Page order section of the dialog.
>>
>> Inserting rows will then result in the output being modified in the
>> manner that you are after.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you want to obtain my services on a
>> professional basis.
>> .

0
Graham
5/31/2010 9:42:06 AM
Wow!  You guys are great!  Thank you so much!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> On 31/05/2010 4:09 PM, bmowell wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:
> >
> > I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format
> > for video and audio production.
> >
> > I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder I
> > will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered
> > tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on the
> > left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the second
> > page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When I look
> > at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read from
> > left to right across the entire two pages.
> >
> > When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
> > template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items 1-10)
> > onto two NEW pages - pages 3&  4!
> >
> > Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a rolling
> > template.  Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing all
> > ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then just
> > cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large format
> > printer.
> It would be a lot easier to do this in Excel, with the columns sized so
> that there was a page break between columns 5 and 6 and on the Sheet tab
> of the Page Setup dialog, select the "Over, then down" option in the
> Page order section of the dialog.
>
> Inserting rows will then result in the output being modified in the
> manner that you are after.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you want to obtain my services on a
> professional basis.
> .

OWA 2003 LOGIN PAGE
Is there way I can customize OWA2003 Exchange so that I do not have to give http://localhost/exchange. instead it should just take to email by pointing to http://localhost. I do not want /exchange option. how to customize this in OWA? PLEASE URGENT HELP http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Configuring-Exchange2003-HTTP-Remote-Access.html Look about about 2/3 down the page for the "Enhancing the Configuration" section. It shows you how to customize the "default.asp" page to redirect to /exchange. Fredrick "ANDY" wrote: > Is there way I can customize OWA...

Workplace page
two questions Firstly, what is this folder supposed to contain. The End-user course says that it contains 'All inbound and assigned draft emails'. This seems to be true - if I assign an unsent email to a colleague, it shows up in his 'email' folder; and emails sent to him show up in his. So the first question is - is this a full description of what is supposed to be in there? We have some cases where emails are 'stuck' in there - they aren't inbound and haven't been assigned, so why do they show up? Secondly - and this is related to the first - what can I do ...

in box page lost send & rec. all?
On my in box page I had send and receive all with a drop down and it just went away. also on the contact page I had a look space at the top and that went away So I cant look up by name? Help J J W;146569 Wrote: > On my in box page I had send and receive all with a drop down and it > just > went away. also on the contact page I had a look space at the top and > that > went away So I cant look up by name? Help Did you try resetting the views? View menu, Toolbar, customize.. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP] Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www....

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Superimpose one chart on another
How do I superimpose one chart onto another so that I can see all of the data in both charts? One is a scatter graph and the other is a line graph using different sets of data in each graph. Hi, Well you can superimpose two chart but most of us would suggest that you chart both sets of data on the xy scatter and then for the one you want to be a line, you select its series and choose Chart, Chart Type and change it to an xy scatter with a line. If you want to supperimpose to charts put one over the other and right click the plot area, choose Format Plot area, and on the Patterns tab ...

Standard sheet header
I do most computation sheets in Excel. Works out well and looks fine in reports. But . . . there is a problem with the title and logo area. Cell widths vary from sheet to sheet as need dictates so any header copied in as a worksheet will take on the host cell dimensions, throwing it out of scale and proportion. I've tried two alternatives: an image and an OLE object. Neither one is particularly good for the purpose because some variables, like title or page number need to vary from sheet to sheet. What I'd really like to do is change cell dimensions within a bounding box right on...

Change Pivot Table Page Value
I have looked through the other posts on the subject and the combination of my low skills in VB and the other solutions not exactly covering my situation means I still need to ask for help. Scenario: Worksheet a = "Scorecard" FieldName = "CustomerNumber" Worksheet b = "Products Resume" PivotTable = "PivotTable2" PivotTable Page Field = "Account Number" When CustomerNumber value on worksheet "Scorecard" is changed I need the Pivot Table Page field "Account Number" to use this value to filter the pivot t...

How do I delete blank pages?
I have a problem when I go to print, I have lots of blank pages after my document. I need to know how to delete these from my documents. Any help would be most appreciated. There are instructions here for resetting the used range in Excel. That might eliminate the blank pages: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Pam Aquino wrote: > I have a problem when I go to print, I have lots of blank pages after my > document. I need to know how to delete these from my documents. Any help > would be most appreciated. -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.cont...

Can't open files on more than one computer
I created a template file of a Christmas card for My class, but when I tried to open the template on more that one computer at a time I received a error message. The error was telling me that the file was in use by another computer and would not open. I thought that was the reason I created the template file in the first place but I Guess I was wrong. Having told the children that we were going to make a Christmas card I needed to come up with a solution to this problem so I saved the card on a disk and went around the room and opened the file and to save time I made three copy’s o...

Can I change Headers and footers in selected Reports at the same .
maybe... If you're writing about worksheets in the same workbook, you can group the sheets (click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent tabs). Then File|page setup and change the headers/footers. Remember to ungroup the sheets (just rightclick on any of the grouped sheets and select ungroup sheets) or you may damage your workbook. Almost anything you do to a one sheet (of a group) is done to the rest of the sheets in that group. Tester wrote: -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave, but no, I need to change headers and footers in over a hundred different folders on a regular bas...

disappearing headers and footers on conversion from publisher to p
Hi, I am having the following difficulty: when converting a publisher document to a pdf document using Acrobat 8 the header and footer sections of the document do not appear in the finished pdf document. The header and footer have been created in the mater page of the template. If it is of any help; when I am watching the conversion process on screen, part way through this process the header and footer sections are moved outside of the main publisher document and appear in the external work area. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be and how to fix this? Thanks in advance for ...

Change Outlook today page
Is there a way to show my "Companyweb" whenever I open outlook? Also How would I push this down to my users with a group policy? Outlook11 SBS 2k3 premium Thanks ...

How do I copy a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet
Hi On sheet2 =Sheet1!A1 Regards Roger Govier skywriter wrote: ...

Changing default page margins
Can't find instructions on how to change the default PAGE margins in Publications. It seems changing default TEXT BOX margins is covered, but not PAGE margins. I can see how to change page margins in the current publication, but not how to change the default. Help? You cannot change the default. You can create a template, when the Getting Started screen opens, click My Templates, click the created template. A couple of extra clicks... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ThereseW" <ThereseW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:379EB1E2-3AD9-4438-B19...

{ PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with numerical page numbering? Press Alt+F9. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29CE5084-C857-43F7-AE2A-A78633C6FF71@microsoft.com... > How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with > numerical page numbering? > Tahnk you! "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: > Press Alt+F9. > > -- > Suzann...

Can I use a header or footer more than 255 characters in Excel?
What can I do if I need to insert more than 255 characters in a header or footer in Excel 2003? And can I make some grid lines for a header or footer in Excel 2003? Thank you for your help! The combined length of all third headers or footers (left, center and right) may not exceed 255 and you cannot change it. The only 'workaround' I can think of is to create them right in the worksheet itself. -- Jim "Jin Qingfeng" <Jin Qingfeng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4DF2013-2443-486E-9386-9C8862B96DB3@microsoft.com... | What can I do if I need to i...

How do I display unicode characters in a web page using an isapi dll?

No of Days between two dates and offset formula
I want to find the no of days b/w two days it should consider saturday as half day holiday and sunday as fully day holiday . and any holidays in that week I need ans at c1= 11 . In between 1 and 15, date 14 is holiday. A B C D E F G 1 1-Jan-10 15-Jan-10 One more thing In a1 = Project Start Month , b1= Jan-10 In a2 = Project Duration , b2= 10 ( which may change depend upon the project) I need a formula so that from it shows a5=Jan-10 a6= Feb-10 a7= Mar-10 ...... so ...

Setting a condition for MORE THAN ONE attribute to list ANOTHER di
I have a charter table containing : charter_nbr (numeric-pk), ... a charter_leg table containing : charter_nbr(numeric), cl_leg_nbr(nemeric-pk), cl_etd(date), cl_atd(date),... each charter flight may have more than one leg. and each leg has ETD(estimated date+time departure) and a ATD (actual date+time departure) here is the question: I need to desplay the charter nbr of the charters that ALL of its legs have the same ETD and ATD. meaning that any charter_nbr that ALL of its legs have this condition will be listed. notice that, the condition must be true for ALL the legs...

Complete headers
Hello I'm using Exch 5.5 SP3, is it possible to obtain the complete header from external e-mail in the client message? In advance thanks a lot Brice "Brice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >I'm using Exch 5.5 SP3, is it possible to obtain the >complete header from external e-mail in the client >message? > >In advance thanks a lot >Brice In Outlook, right click the message and select Options. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/r...

Creating a summary Page
I am a surveyor and am currently working out quantities of pipework etc. I have an electronic take off sheet that works out the various lengths and depths and sizes of pipe. I am trying to create a summary page for this. There are several different pipe sizes from 150, 200, 225, 250 etc. But i need to summarise these to various lengths and pipe sizes into depth ranges. So say for every length of 150 pipe at 1m to 1.5m in depth i need it to sum up the total length on a separate sheet within the same workbook. I have played about wth array formulas etc but with little success Can anyone he...

how do i place numbers in ticket template so that they increment?
i have downloaded a template for event tickets, that show only one ticket. I want to print more than 1 ticket to a page, and I want to have them numbered sequentially. Does anyone know how I can do this, with a macro perhaps? Use a mail merge. And print preview will fib to you - print a test page. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "david peters" <davidpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:720CC242-05A7-4552-80DB-6381E7E2A240@microsoft.com... >i have downloaded a template for event tickets, that show only one ticket. >I > want ...

Tab out of header
I have a "add record" button in my form header (looks nicer), when I press tab it only goes to objects in the header. How can I have it where the user presses the "add record" button and either has it go directly to the details section, or when they press tab after hitting the "add record button" it goes to the details section? I'm not good at all with code so being specific would be a great help? Noe -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200712/1 A simple solution would be to add a line to the &...

converting an access database to a web page in frontpage
i need help converting this database in frontpage....I have the database linked to a web page in frontpage. however it is only a table and I cannot convert the table to all input in the fields. YOU KNOW HOW THE $6.00 WILL GET YOU THOUSANDS STARTS, I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. WELL, I FIGURED THAT IT WAS A LOAD OF CRAP, I THOUGHT THAT WHY ON EARTH AM I GOING TO SEND ANY MONEY TO PEOPLE THAT I DON'T KNOW.FOR WHAT, TO BE ON SOMEONE'S MAILING LIST. COME ON FOR GOODNESS SAKE, I AM A FINANCE MAJOR, I THOUGHT NO WAY. SO AFTER ABO...

Hide or Protect Headers
How do I prevent others from changing the format of the header and footer. I tried protecting the sheet but people are still able to edit the header and footer. Did you lock the cells you want to be protected? Select all cells to protect, format cells, protection tab, check locked. Then protect worksheet & apply password then save. "RLD" wrote: > How do I prevent others from changing the format of the header and footer. I > tried protecting the sheet but people are still able to edit the header and > footer. I believe this can only be done through...