A tough one? Two page template with separate headers and rolling. - 122017

Hi,

I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:

I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format
for video and audio production.

I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder I
will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered
tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on the
left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the second
page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When I look
at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read from
left to right across the entire two pages.

When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items 1-10)
onto two NEW pages - pages 3 & 4!

Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a rolling
template.  Is there a way to do this?

I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing all
ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then just
cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large format
printer.

On 31/05/2010 4:09 PM, bmowell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:
>
> I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format
> for video and audio production.
>
> I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder I
> will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered
> tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on the
> left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the second
> page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When I look
> at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read from
> left to right across the entire two pages.
>
> When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
> template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items 1-10)
> onto two NEW pages - pages 3&  4!
>
> Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a rolling
> template.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing all
> ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then just
> cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large format
> printer.
It would be a lot easier to do this in Excel, with the columns sized so
that there was a page break between columns 5 and 6 and on the Sheet tab
of the Page Setup dialog, select the "Over, then down" option in the
Page order section of the dialog.

Inserting rows will then result in the output being modified in the
manner that you are after.

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Thanks!  That works great for pushing the bottom row and columns onto the
next two pages, however I still don't see a way to be able to carry the cells
that contain my column names onto the two new pages without doing it
manually. I have not been using headers because I couldn't figure out how to
have different headers (1-10) across the original two pages - it would only
let me have duplicate headers from page one to page two.

Any ideas?  lol.  :-)

On 31/05/2010 7:08 PM, bmowell wrote:
> Doug,
>
> Thanks!  That works great for pushing the bottom row and columns onto the
> next two pages, however I still don't see a way to be able to carry the cells
> that contain my column names onto the two new pages without doing it
> manually. I have not been using headers because I couldn't figure out how to
> have different headers (1-10) across the original two pages - it would only
> let me have duplicate headers from page one to page two.
>
> Any ideas?  lol.  :-)

Put the column headings as the first row(s) of the sheet and set those
rows as the "Rows to repeat at top" in the Print titles section on the
Sheet tab of the Page Setup dialog.  (Those rows should then be excluded
from the "Print area" that you can set via that same dialog so that they
are not duplicated on the first printed pages.)

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply to the newsgroup unless you want to obtain my services on a
professional basis.
0
Doug
5/31/2010 9:33:03 AM
You can do this from page setup e.g. In Excel 2007, the Page Setup is on the
Page Layout tab. Click the arrow in the bottom right corner of the section.
On the Sheet tab select row(s) to repeat at the top - probably $1:$1.

In page order check Over then Down. Odd pages will display the header row
from the first 'page'.  Even pages will display the header row from the
second 'page'.

Excel 2003 has a similar dialog accessed from the File menu and the settings
above are available and it works in the same way.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"bmowell" <bmowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doug,
>
> Thanks!  That works great for pushing the bottom row and columns onto the
> next two pages, however I still don't see a way to be able to carry the
> cells
> that contain my column names onto the two new pages without doing it
> manually. I have not been using headers because I couldn't figure out how
> have different headers (1-10) across the original two pages - it would
> only
> let me have duplicate headers from page one to page two.
>
> Any ideas?  lol.  :-)
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> On 31/05/2010 4:09 PM, bmowell wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:
>> >
>> > I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline
>> > format
>> > for video and audio production.
>> >
>> > I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder
>> > will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with
>> > bordered
>> > tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on
>> > the
>> > left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the
>> > second
>> > page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When
>> > I look
>> > at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read
>> > from
>> > left to right across the entire two pages.
>> >
>> > When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
>> > template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items
>> > 1-10)
>> > onto two NEW pages - pages 3&  4!
>> >
>> > Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a
>> > rolling
>> > template.  Is there a way to do this?
>> >
>> > I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing
>> > all
>> > ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then
>> > just
>> > cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large
>> > format
>> > printer.
>> It would be a lot easier to do this in Excel, with the columns sized so
>> that there was a page break between columns 5 and 6 and on the Sheet tab
>> of the Page Setup dialog, select the "Over, then down" option in the
>> Page order section of the dialog.
>>
>> Inserting rows will then result in the output being modified in the
>> manner that you are after.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you want to obtain my services on a
>> professional basis.
>> .

0
Graham
5/31/2010 9:42:06 AM
Wow!  You guys are great!  Thank you so much!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> On 31/05/2010 4:09 PM, bmowell wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished:
> >
> > I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format
> > for video and audio production.
> >
> > I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder.  When I open the binder I
> > will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered
> > tables containing columns and rows.  The table on the first page (on the
> > left) will have headers that designate items 1-5.  The table on the second
> > page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10.  When I look
> > at the two facing pages in my binder it will be as if items 1-10 read from
> > left to right across the entire two pages.
> >
> > When I make revisions to a script and insert a another row, I want the
> > template to push the bottom row in all columns (on both pages, items 1-10)
> > onto two NEW pages - pages 3&  4!
> >
> > Basically, it's like the two pages are really just ONE page in a rolling
> > template.  Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > I've seriously thought about just saying to heck with it and printing all
> > ten columns in landscape mode on a single 11x17 piece of paper and then just
> > cutting it in half, but I'd prefer not to have to use such a large format
> > printer.
> It would be a lot easier to do this in Excel, with the columns sized so
> that there was a page break between columns 5 and 6 and on the Sheet tab
> of the Page Setup dialog, select the "Over, then down" option in the
> Page order section of the dialog.
>
> Inserting rows will then result in the output being modified in the
> manner that you are after.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you want to obtain my services on a
> professional basis.
> .

Printing Headers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Outlook 97 I used to be able to print an "Unsent" message and it would included the header information and subject line. But now in Outlook 2002 when I go to print a message in Draft form it doesn't print the Header information regardless of whether the message is in Plain Text, RTF or HTML format? Is this true and if so, is there a work-around? ...

how does one become an excel beta testor
i herd the new version of office in beta is do out next month - how cqn I sign up to be a testor. I am really only interested in excel - If I could get a hold of this new version of excel with it's 1.1 million rows i could shut down allot of plans to go to third party software at my firm and make much better use of excel. ( excel & access combined) I woul dprimarilyy be makin gextensive and advanced use of pivot tables. I would be glad to particpate in any feedback programs that thi sopportunity would require. Thanks for your time ...

simple guide to merging 2 worksheets into one request
Hi, I am a basic excel user with little knowledge! I have been asked to merge 2 worksheets together using a unique ID as the method to combine data, for example, WS 1 - membership no - address - phone no WS 2 - membership no - name - date of birth Required WS3 - membership no - name -address -phone no - date of birth I have found lots of VB code but to be honest I have no idea what it is, where it needs to go on the workbook or how to even start to use it. Is there a very simple way to achieve this other than cut and paste (I have over 10k records)? If someone code provide an idiot...

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

find a copy of a standard formal report lay out/template
looking for an example of a formal report template Hello pppe productivity placement program example wrote: > looking for an example of a formal report template You can find templates offered by Microsoft at the following URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx namely: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043361033.aspx HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | ...

Two network interface cards problem
Hi, In my machine,I have two network iterface cards.One for Internet,and the other for local area network.I want to bind the second card to send and receive data with UDP.I have try to use bind() function to bind its IP address,but failed because sometimes I can receive data.Who can help me,thanks in advance. bind() does not bind an IP address; it binds a port number, and "binding" means "publishes to the Internet as a connectable port number". There have been previous discussions of how to make a port available only on a particular network segment, but as far as I kn...

Headers & Footers with Ampersands
I have a footer I'm trying to add to my document. When I enter ST&T (my acronym) what ends up being displayed is ST&[Time] and then the time is shown on my documents. I've tried using a double ampersand like excel requires and as in older version of project, to no avail. Ultimately I end up not using the ampersand. How can I input my acronym correctly and not have the time be displayed on my documents where it should be. I am using MS Project 2007 Standard. Thank You, Sue Hi Sue, the way Mike described in your earlier post should work. I have no S...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

need a template to compare man hours to workload?
-- ace ace wrote: || -- || ace Why would you need a "template" to do that? One cell has hours, the next has workload and do your ratio in a third. QED. Thank you, I am very new at this. "Gordon" wrote: > ace wrote: > || -- > || ace > > Why would you need a "template" to do that? One cell has hours, the next has > workload and do your ratio in a third. > QED. > > > ace wrote: || Thank you, I am very new at this. || || "Gordon" wrote: || ||| ace wrote: ||||| -- ||||| ace ||| ||| Why would you need a "tem...

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

Where are internet headers in outlook 2010
In Outlook 2010 where did the Internet Header go? Message Options? In 2007 you could right click on any message in your inbox and see the Internet headers. IP address message info ect.... Thanks Nevermind. I found it. You have to actually open up the email, then go to "View" then Message options. It is only a menu item now. Hope this helps someone using Outlook 2010 "Brian" wrote: > In Outlook 2010 where did the Internet Header go? Message Options? > > In 2007 you could right click on any message in your inbox and see the > Intern...

java srcipt not working, getting about blank page
i have windows xp recently i have been getting a blank page behind the page im trying to open, mainly pogo games or playsite games, i have all new updates from microsoft installed, but i cant change calender set up either, what di i need to do This newsgroup is for questions related to Microsoft Publisher. You would be better off posting your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "the big bud man 8" <the big bud man 8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED6D77A-DD80-48B8-A58A-1FC98613ED2A@microsoft.com... >i hav...

How do I make cut-out of an animal separate from the background?
I am trying to cut-out an animal so all I have of the picture is the cut-out of the animal with no background. I used to be anle to do this on the old Publisher... Delphi wrote: > I am trying to cut-out an animal so all I have of the picture is the > cut-out of the animal with no background. I used to be anle to do > this on the old Publisher... ============================== Insert the picture and...on your Picture Toolbar...go to...Text Wrapping / Edit Wrap Points. Now you can place your pointer anywhere along the edge of the picture and drag the nodes to the position you require...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

Two formulas in on cell based on two numbers in another cell?
Hi, Not sure this is possible but...I have a cell that has a number range in it and based on an amount in another cell want to calculate a new range. For example: Initial Range: A1 = 10 - 12 Calc Amount: A2 = 5 Final Range: A3 = 50 - 60 I think I can get the results by concatenating two formulas I'm just not sure how to enter the original numbers (A1) or how to distinguish between the two in the final formula (A3) Using Excel 2003. Hope this makes sense. Thanks. I would put the range in two different cells (eg A1 and B1). Then the multiplication is easy. If you ...

Purchase Order Template won't open
I am trying to open the purchase order template in Excel 2000 and I get this error message: "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Securtiy Level." I have tried changing my security settings, but it doesn't help. Any ideas? Thank you, Kerri Hi Kerri! I can't test because I haven't got that template. You could send to address below. But why not get the latest template from: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx?CategoryID...

Mail header
Until few days ago when I received messages in which the "from" field, in the e-mail header. looked like this From: "Luisa T.B. \(CIMPA\)" <cimpa@something.com> in outlook it displayed "Luisa T.B. (CIMPA)", but recently it just writes CIMPA. I thought it was Outlook, maybe some patch or something, but older e-mails still display correctly (Luisa T.B.). Allso I think it could be an Exchange issue, when I look at the mails in OWA, mails allso display incorrectly the "from" field from recently, older mails look fine. It sounds like somethin...

Outlook 2003 asks for password two times
Hi All, i am using Outlook 2003 and one IMAP account is configured. everytime i start outlook it asks for the password two times. it really irritates the users. do anyone have any idea of why it is doing that. Thanks Regards akshat wrote: > > i am using Outlook 2003 and one IMAP account is > configured. everytime i start outlook it asks for the > password two times. it really irritates the users. Oh good! Someone else with the same problem. I believe I posted a question, but no reply. Same situation - Outlook 2003, one IMAP account, and it asks me the password twi...

how do i merge one workbook with another in excel?
hi i am wanting to merge data from 1 worksheet with another how do i do this? Copy/paste then manipulate. OR provide more detail on your layout and type of data to merge. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:33:04 -0800, "dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi i am wanting to merge data from 1 worksheet with another how do i do this? hi there thanks for your reply. i do not have exact data. it is for an interview question how do you merge spreadsheet A and spreadsheet B using excel ? and then how do you identify say for instance someones name who is ...

Lock pages in memory greyed out
I am trying to give the ability to a user to "Lock pages in memory" via local policy, and for some reason it's greyed out. I can't change this and it is needed on a version of our software running on SQL standard 2008 64. I've tried all of the ways listed on the internet but it's continued to be greyed out. Any info on how to get this to allow for a user to be placed there to do what I need done would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Jason Check to see what group policy is being applied. Jason Woodbury wrote: >I am trying to give the a...

How do I take two pictures put them side by side to create one
I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. Use a photo editing program then insert the picture into Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "coopskat679" <coopskat679@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EEB18D4-FB70-40AE-9CB6-AD40F8FD80A7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. coopskat679 wrote: > I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. Insert two pictures. Turn on the Snap to Objects option (Arrange > Snap > To Objects). ...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Separate commit for Qty and Cost in PO
We need the ability to commit the PO quantities separate from the PO cost. Since there is only one commit "event" in RMS, retailers often don't commit the purchase order until they've received and reconciled the invoice which may arrive days or weeks after the shipment arrives. This creates problems because the delay means that the on hand, on order quantities and the last received date aren't accurate. PLEASE add this feature/option. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote fo...

Joining two queries
Is there a way to join two queries together? In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total In query 2, I have the same fields. I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. "Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39EB571-0D64-4A8E-9107-351B10E1FE02@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to join two queries together? > In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total > In query 2, I have the same fields. > > I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. I believe what you're...