A red X is printed instead of the logo at header

A red X is printed instead of the logo at header. However, the problem is
resumed every times after restarted the machine.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RedX.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A red X is printed instead of the logo at header. However, the problem is
> resumed every times after restarted the machine.

0
Suzanne

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Printing large cells
I have a spreadsheet in which many of the cells are very large. When the spreadsheet is printed, not all of the large cell contents print. How do I get all of the cell contents to print? ...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

Excel XP will not print
I had to reformat my hard drive and I have reinstaled Office XP Pro and I can print any thing to any printer in my house but Excel will not print to the local printer. Everything else prints to it just fine. Outlook, Word, Access.... everything. It never pops up an error. I see it go to the printer and it never prints. If I try to print it to one of my other printers it will print about 10% of the time. Please, can anyone help me. Try (in Excel) going to File, Page Setup, and reduce the print quality to a lower dpi setting. Then print again... MRO "Chris" <cfshamblin@ne...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

Using DAO instead of ADO
I have an Access 2000 database that was converted from Access 97. On one of my users computers, her system was re-installed with Access 2000, and the database has not worked correctly since that time. If I remember correctly, we had to set up the computers for these users to use DAO over ADO. It's been over two years since we did this, and (I hate to admit it - but) I've forgotten to how to set up the DAO to take precedence over ADO. Can someone please remind me? I thought it was part of the Add-ins, but when I go into Add-in Manger, I have NO add-ins available. I've checked i...

Know how to print the paperclip icons for attachments in oultlook 2003.
Hello, I have been looking on Microsoft's website, and other resources, but have no found the solution. Situation: In oulook 2000, when you print an email - at the top is the TO:, FROM:, Subject, CC:, and attachment:. My problem is that in Outlook 2003, the print option for the attachment is missing. Does anyone have a work around? Thanks, Joe Cooper joe.cooper@geek.com ...

Borders not printing at all
Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border is not printing. Any ideas? guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. Borders for what? Explain. > I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border > is not printing. Any ideas? Printer make and model? hp t45xi officejet. Thanks! "Uncle Grumpy" wrote: > guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Publisher 2000, making ...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

print startup tab of msconfig
dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig "Smiles" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OIfsmfhvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig If you use a screen capture utility to get a PICTURE of the appropriate tab of msconfig, you should then be able to print the picture easily enough using the standard methods. I have Gadwin Print Screen on my computer and used it just now to capture images of the start tab of msconfig. The pictures created by the screen ...

Extra pages in form printing
I have a form that exceeds a single printed page. When it is printed extra pages are produced. The extra pages occur after the first printed page but before the rest of the page of the form is printed and another extra page after the rest of the page is printed. The extra pages contain the same background used in the form. In design view I've made sure to shorten up the background to be even with the footer but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the extra pages in my printout? Thanks. -- Linda I still do not understand why people print forms. For...

Excel: Allow to turn on / off automatic header selection in sorts
Is there a way to turn off automatic selection of header rows in Excel when sorting data? I routinely sort a section of data by the first three columns, and a majority of times Excel wants to make the first row selected a header row. Extremely annoying. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Printing Form 1096
This function should be included in the software! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20ff4f89-dda7-4896-96f2-6d18c0df63b1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains T...

Max Row Height not long enough to print
How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height (409) print? Hi Dee You can use a text box from the Drawing tool -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9531E0F9-61F8-4226-9459-2478595CE814@microsoft.com... > How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height > (409) print? Thanks Ron, The only problem is that most of the cells will have this problem. :) Dee "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi Dee > > You can use a text box from ...

Labels should be easier to print #2
There are almost a dozen steps needed to print just one barcode label. This could be simplified onto one window to select the printer, label type, and quantity. It would also be nice to always have the label printer as the default for this type of printing. ...

Convert Publisher files to PDF or PS for commercial printing? How?
I was interested in an exchange I just read here about converting publisher files to PDF or PS and then taking them to commercial printer. Is there anywhere in the manuals (or help files) that would shed a little more light on that? I do many brochures for various small clients and usually just print them at home using paper direct paper -- probably the MOST expensive, most labor-intensive way to go. But I have never really understood the concept of "pack and go" -- just as I've never really figured out how to use PS fonts on my cheapie HP home printer. Anybody who cou...

X.400 EVENT 290 Canoot deliver to alternative recipient.
Hi All, I cannot get exchange to deliver emails to "BOTH" the primary mailbox and the alternative recipient. I get a 270 error and a 290 error. This behaviour is only for e-mails coming from the outside (SMTP). If I send an e-mail from outlook to the mailbox that as the alternative recipient it works fine! I tried to setup a distribution list to send to both mailbox, same result 270 and 290 errors. Anybody have any idea? Here's a sample of the 290 error: A non-delivery report (reason code transfer-failure and diagnostic code invalid-arguments) is being generated for...

Why doesn't Office X recognize FileMaker Pro 7
Recently upgraded FileMaker Pro from from version 5 to version 7. But when I went to make labels, using the Data Merge Manager in Word, it only recognized the old FileMaker Pro files not the new databases. What needs to be done to have the new databases recognized by Office? Sorry, Microsoft Office's Data Merge Manager cannot read FileMaker 7 databases, because it uses a different structure than the previous versions of FileMaker with which the Data Merge Manager was designed for use. I don't know if there is an option to save in a previous version format; that sounds like it wo...