{ PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Press Alt+F9.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> numerical page numbering?

72
Suzanne
2/12/2010 11:30:05 PM
Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Press Alt+F9.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> > numerical page numbering?
> >

> .

right-to-left page order
I created a booklet and would like to change the order to a righ-to-left order (like a hebrew book). The document has both English and Hebrew in it and my computer's language setting is alreay set up for right-to-left languages. The Publisher instructions say that under "page setup" the "layout" tab will have a checkbox for "right-to-left" languages, but mine does not. There is no such checkbox and I'm frustrated. How can I get this to work properly? katzeyy wrote: > I created a booklet and would like to change the order to a > righ-to-le...

Printing Extra Pages to PDF
Im using the following code to print a FORM to PDF Private Sub PrtPDF() Dim strAppendix As String Dim X As Printer For Each X In Printers If (X.DeviceName = "Adobe PDF") Then ' Set printer as system default. Set Printer = X ' Stop looking for a printer. Exit For End If Next Me.Text71.SetFocus Me.Caption = Text71.Text DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection I prints the PDF fine, but with 3 extra pages. I have checked the Height and Width of the form, and all is fin...

Removing disabled Macro
I had been playing with some macros in a book I have. I didn't think I had saved any of them. Now when I open that workbook, I get a message that says macros are disabled because the security level is set to High... I'd like to delete these macros that somehow got stored but when I go to Tools, Macros, Macros the option to Delete one is not visible - it is grayed out. Does anyone know how to remove these macros that I was fiddling with and don't want to keep? Thank you. You need to remove the Modules as well as the macros they used to contain. -- Gary'...

inserting multi-page docs. into web site
Need to add a multi-page document into my website, but do not want to do the text boxes. I want the viewer to go to end of web site page and click on something like "next page" or " continued on next page". I'm using Publisher 2007. You could just upload the document to the server and provide a link to it, unless you need to include it in the content of your site. In which case you have to use text boxes for text, but you don't have to link the text boxes together so that the excess text flows to another text box. Just paste the amount of text from the d...

Removing excess CRM servers
Hi all, One of our development crew installed CRM on a development box in the same domain and using the same key and same SQL server as our production system. Now I have two CRM servers in the server manager, the production server active and the test version disabled. How do I remove the test server from the CRM server manager? David Hi David, you can install as many MSCRM server against one SQL server as you want.(Keep in mind the licences agreement). This should work. To solve your problem now, you should uninstall the CRM server from the development box. Otherwise all changes at ...

Published web-page not visible on Google/Yahoo Search
I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When I search for the content of the site using Google or any other search facility the site does not show up.Why is that ? It takes awhile for search engines to find new web pages. I do an organization web site that has been on the Internet for almost six years, it took two years to get recognized in a search engine unless one specific word was used in the search. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC3B047-F7A6-479D-A513-04...

print 2 or 4 work weeks per page?
I can't seem to print multiple work weeks on the same page. Is this a printer option or is there something in Outlook 2002 that allows me to do this? I don't see any option available. ...

Outlook 2003 duplicate remover
Has anyone used any of the apps. or add-ins for removing duplicates from "all" folders? Can anyone recommend a particlar package? MS Outlook 2003 / xp 2002 sp3 Thanks -- Bru http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Your login has been removed from the user activity file
I'm completing an install of GP9 on a client's system and this is they weren't previously using GP or SQL Server so everything is fresh. I've installed the server and the first client (on the server) without any problems. I also installed SP1 on the server without any indication of error. We've now come to the point where we are completing the installation on desktops and have hit the same wall on multiple desktops. After the install is complete (again without any indication of error) and it is time to login to GP for the first time, when the user hits OK on the &...

how can i remove workbook protection setting???
i try to work with data analayze and do a regression to my numbers but when i start this function there is an error and an instant message inform me that i should change my workbook protection setting! how can i change it??? Tools>protection>unprotect workbook, since you say it is "your" workbook I am sure you know the password? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "raviv" wrote: > i try to work with data analayze > and do a regression to my numbers > but when i start this function there is an error and an instant message > inform me that i should change my workb...

Page printing and checkbox protection
I have two questions: 1. I have a sheet. All the contents of this sheet fit to one page, but when I hit print preview, i still have two pages in queue to print ... Second is white ... How can I get rid of this white page? 2. I have a check box on my sheet. I want to check the checkbox and afterwards, I want to secure this checkbox, so only certain people can uncheck this checkbox) Is it possible? Thx in advance for your help -- balcovja ------------------------------------------------------------------------ balcovja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

New page
In some situations you may want to lock the fields on a form unless the user explicitly choose to update the transactions. While you could set the forms Allow Edits property to false this doesn't work for subforms. Other wierdnesses happen but I can't recall exactly what right at the moment. This solution shows how a call to a public subroutine passing a few parameters handles this situation. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/locking_fields_on_a_form.htm -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messag...

Page Numbers Out Of Sequence
Greetings! I am trying to create a 5 1/2 x 8" booklet (8 1/2 x 11 landscaped, folded in half, printed duplex) containing 26 printed pages (9 sheets of paper). In order to get the pages to end up in sequential order, I need (using 2-page spread) to print page 2 with 20, 3 with 24, etc. I can set page numbers with master page and move them around to appear to have the correct number, but that backs them up to the wrong facing pages. If I keep the facing pages correctly, they get numbered sequentially, which means they'll be out of sequence when printed and folded. ...

Compare cells on many pages
Hi, I would like to compare if a cell has the same value (text) on each spreadsheets. If on each sheet we get at A1 "ABCD" =Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1 --> Give me True =Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1=Sheet3!A1 --> Give me False. Any suggestions. Martin Martin, Try- =AND(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A1=Sheet3!A1) regards, JohnI "MartinFilteau" <martinfilteau@iquebec.com> wrote in message news:O95bSgkgDHA.1668@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to compare if a cell has the same value (text) on each > spreadsheets. > If on each sheet we get at A1 "...

Copying pages in publisher 2003
Does anyone know if I can copy pages from one publisher document and insert them into another publisher documents? Or to put it another way, is there a way to merge 2 publisher documents into one? Thanks. cooter3176 <cooter3176@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Does anyone know if I can copy pages from one publisher document and > insert them into another publisher documents? Or to put it another > way, is there a way to merge 2 publisher documents into one? Mary suggests using the catalog merge (I've not tried it myself, so I can't a...

Uable to connect to the home page metrics URL
I have GP2010 installed with SQL 2008. When I am in Report Manager I can see the SQL reports for the different modules. I do not have a folder for Charts and KPI for the company. When I go to select the metrics I am receiving the following error "Unable to connect to the home page metrics URL" How do I create these Charts and KPIs to be seen on the home page metrics? Thanks, Amy Amy, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What version of SQL is your reporting services instance? To use the new GP 2010 charts and kpis, you'll need SQL 2008. (The Dynamics GP da...

conditional report page footer
I have a report that I want to control the page footer such that it is NEVER printed on the last page of the report. If the report is only one page long (the last page is also the first page) the page footer won't be printed.Suggestions?Thanks. On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:14:00 -0700, John B. Smotherman wrote:> I have a report that I want to control the page footer such that it is NEVER > printed on the last page of the report. If the report is only one page long > (the last page is also the first page) the page footer won't be printed.> > Suggestions?> > Thanks.If you ...

How do I get rid of all of the blank pages?
Firstly, I am a Newb with Excel. I know how to do basic sorting an what not, but I havn't ever done anything with marcos. I have a document that has 9 pages of data, and then 25 pages of blan cells. I have tried highlighting all of the blank stuff and clickin on the delete rows button, and I have tried going to edit and delet with it as well. I know that I can just hightlight everything I wan and do a print selection, but it seems like I shouldn't have to -- stkelly5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stkelly52's Profile: http://www.excelf...

removing excel sheet password
hi i forgot password for my excelsheet. i have so many important things in that sheet. how can i open the document?. pls suggest me on this.. thanks in advance this will do it http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Mike "nag" wrote: > hi > > i forgot password for my excelsheet. i have so many important things in that > sheet. how can i open the document?. pls suggest me on this.. > > thanks in advance Password to open the file? Password to unprotect a sheet or the workbook? You mention "document" so I will assume you mean password...

Exchange 2003 corrupt message cannot be removed
Hi All, I have 3 corrupt messages in one user accounts sent items folder that cannot be viewed or deleted. Since these 3 corrupt messages are only affecting one user I'd rather not use ESUTIL. Anyone have any suggestions about how to remove these messages or repair them? Thank you, Steve (aka Hobby) On 16 Feb 2007 15:48:32 -0800, "Hobby" <hobbby3@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have 3 corrupt messages in one user accounts sent items folder that >cannot be viewed or deleted. Since these 3 corrupt messages are only >affecting one user I'd rather no...

Remove series from pivot chart
I have a pivot table linked to an OLAP cube with 10 data series and have created a chart from that data. However, I cannot remove any series from the chart - the "remove" (and all other) buttons are greyed out in the chart. What I need to do is have 3 charts in my sheet, each containg 3 series from my main pivot table. Any way to do that? Thanx A pivot chart has to show all the data in the related pivot table, and it cannot show data from elsewhere. Make yourself a regular chart from the pivot table data. Select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table, and sta...

Filter, Select, or Remove Info from Chart
Hello, I have a sheet of data that provides customer take rates of offers over a period of time. Customers receive offers every X minutes and either accept or reject them. There are several customers. I am able to create a chart that shows each customer on the chart with their take rate over the time period. I am unable to select which customers appear on the chart however. Is there a way to filter the series that appear on the chart or select them, say so that I only see Customer A or Customers A, C, and E for instance? Thanks, Tom You can either try creating a PivotChart (Data-...

Milo: Struggling with trying to create a 8.75 x 11.25 bleed page P
I've been trying all kinds of things with MSPublisher and Adobe Acrobat to create an 8.75 x 11.25 document so that the printer can truncate it to 8.5 x 11. I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a 1/8 border, but: 1) when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages because it exceeds 8.5x11 2) the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8 frame around and gives me just the document background color there. So it's not a true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of the backgr...

How to remove unwanted dots between words in HTML copies?
When copying HTML pages into Words 2003, the program has started inserting dots between words. Why? And how to prevent it? Do you _not_ see the dots in other Word files?? If you don't, then the problem isn't that you've turned on Show Non- Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8). On Mar 2, 12:04=A0pm, PoeteMaudit <PoeteMau...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When copying HTML pages into Words 2003, the program has started insertin= g > dots between words. =A0Why? =A0And how to prevent it? how do you get rid of them i tried to use (Ctrl+Shift+8) like 5...

Publisher can't add pages
Imported a saved file from external backup drive. When editing and trying to add pages, Publisher says, "Publisher cannot perform this function" or words to that effect. What's happening? More importantly, how do I change the importation so I can edit? Thanks How did you "import" it from the backup drive? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Walt" <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A563FFB2-392E-4A3A-BA8D-DF78FB7A4977@microsoft.com... > Imported a...