{ PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Press Alt+F9.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> numerical page numbering?

72
Suzanne
2/12/2010 11:30:05 PM
Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Press Alt+F9.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> > numerical page numbering?
> >

> .

can you install watermark behind words on pages in excel?
can you install watermark behind words on pages in excel? For visual but non-printable, use Format>Sheet>Background. For printing the watermark, see Bob Phillips' site for instructions and methods. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:58:04 -0700, David Siber <David Siber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can you install watermark behind words on pages in excel? Aaron Blood's link on that page gives me a "Webpage cannot be found" for me -- Regards, Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital ...

What happened to Pivot Table "Show Pages"?
What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet for each value in a Page Field? I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, indeed there are references to "show pages" in other threads in this group, but I can't find it in Excel 2003. Did it go away? -- Jim On the Pivot Table toolbar, choose PivotTable > Show Pages Jim Molter wrote: > What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet > for each value in a Page Field? > I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, in...

Want to remove ADDRESS BAR
I have upgraded my Internet Explorer 6 to 7, after upgrading internet explorer when i login to CRM on all the entity screen i see the address bar line below the Title bar e.i. http://servername/loader.aspx How can I remove that address bar. Can anyone help me ? Thanks... On Mar 28, 6:21 pm, jms...@gmail.com wrote: > I have upgraded my Internet Explorer 6 to 7, after upgrading internet > explorer when i login to CRM on all the entity screen i see the > address bar line below the Title bar e.i.http://servername/loader.aspx > How can I remove that address bar. Can anyone help me ? ...

Removing, Hiding Public and System Defined Views in 4.0
Does anyone know how to either remove or hide, Public and System Defined Views in 4.0? For example nobody wants to see "Accounts: No Campaign Activities in Last 3 Months" or "Accounts: Responded to Campaigns in Last 6 Months" Also, I have yet been able to see how you share views in 4.0 Thank you for the help! ...

Insert page in Link Sequence
I am using Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have a document that is linked all throughout it. My problem is that I'd like to add a page in the middle of the document and have the linking remain (with the new page linked as well). There does not seem to be any easy way to get this done... or is there Cheers! Pall what type of 'links' are these? We are talking here about a paper publication - we are yes? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Text Field link... where the overflow of one text field automatically goes i...

print a column across a page
A stamp seller's list has Country Name in column A and Scott Catalog # in column B. He wants to print customer order sheets of just the Catalog # in 8 columns across the page, and have the name of the country inserted whenever the country changes. The print-out would look something like this: ("#" would be replaced by the actual catalog number) --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Afghan # # # # # # Bahama # # # # Austra # # # # Antigu # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Argent # #...

print each record twice on a page
I am trying to set up a report to fill in a 1099 form. It requires each record to be printed out twice on each page of the form. I can't figure out how to accomplish that. Suggestions? -- Retired, playing around You could make the form twice as tall and duplicate all the controls so there are two sets in the detail section. Otherwise you can add any table or query that returns exactly 2 records to the report's record source query. I generally like to create a table tblNums with a numeric field Num and values from 1 to whatever. You can add this table to your record so...

Stupid attachment message
In microsoft Outlook 2002, Win XP, if I click on a Word document and select Send to Email Recipient, my email message has the following in it's body - EVERY time! I then have to go in to the body of the email and delete it. The message is: "The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:..." Does anyone know how I can disable this and stop it from happening? your input would be muchly 'preciated. Thanks! Darth To prevent this you need to create a new shortcut. Go to the the shortcut directory in Windows (eg in XP this is "C:\Documen...

error on page 08-22-05
hi, we are running crm on windows xp sp2 and cannot go back to home page from the bottom link bar. already installed the update kb892949. please help Seherish There is ahotfix needed on the server for SP2 clients. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:59:06 +0100, "seherish" <seherish.mughal@akhter.co.uk> wrote: hi, we are running crm on windows xp sp2 and cannot go back to home page from the bottom link bar. already installed the update kb892949. please help Seheris...

Removing e-mail accounts
I just changed web hosting accounts (inc. e-mail) I'm using Outlook Express 2003 as my mail client. When I reconfigured for the new mail server, I deleted the old mail server from the mail accounts list. I used the main Outlook, went to tools . mail accounts . change. Receiving mail fine from the new server; but when I log on or access mail the password pop up box for the old server comes up first. I can successfully cancel out of that, then then pop up for the new server comes up, I enter the password there and get mail. The old server is no longer in the list of mail a...

Force Details to New Page
I am splitting a report with headers. I tried putting the fields from the details line in the header and Keep Together. However it only displays the first record. Is there a way to force a new page if all the details won't fit at the end of a page? -- Thanks As Always Rip Rip, Not quite sure I understand because the Details of report always go to the next page if they don't fit on the first page. Perhaps you want the Details and the Header to go to the next page? In that case you would use the Page Header section, with the Details section, which would appear a...

Counting Manual Page Breaks Only
I have a very long spreadsheet where I've used vba to reset all page breaks and then manually insert page breaks before key cells. I'm trying now to count the number of manual page breaks using ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Count but it appears to be counting both the manual and automatic (those reinserted by excell between the manual breaks). Is there a way around this?? This function should return the value you want... Function NumberOfManualPageBreaks(Optional WS As Worksheet) As Long Dim HP As HPageBreak If WS Is Nothing Then Set WS = ActiveSheet For Each HP In WS...

Links to web pages from a spreadsheet
I attach URLs to GIFs or plain text in my worksheets so clients can link out to explanations of calculations posted at our website. I have just discovered that this only works 1) if I have a current session going in my internet browser in which 2) I have already visited the web page the link is pointing to. Otherwise I get a 'cannot find server' message Should I not be able to click something in Excel that opens the browser and finds the correct URL? It doesn't do the client a lot of good if he has to know in advance where the help is that he is looking for Thanx I've ne...

How to remove attachment from sended messages
Hello, I am using Outlook Express and want to keep the sended message but not the attachment(s). How can i remove them? TIA, S. "SliqM" <poorboy321###@hotmail#only 1st 10 chrs###> wrote in message news:4c47c7d2$1_3@news4us.nl... > Hello, > I am using Outlook Express and want to keep the sended message but not > the attachment(s). > How can i remove them? > > TIA, > S. Save the message to the Desktop. File | Save as | Desktop | Save. Open it with Notepad. Highlight and delete the attachment code and drag the message back...

O.E. removes attachments
Outlook Express is removing safe attachments to my incoming emails. How can I stop this and how can I retrieve these files? On 20 Apr 2004 14:34, "Agnes Flis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Outlook Express is removing safe attachments to my incoming emails. How >can I stop this and how can I retrieve these files? Tools | Options | Security... That said...This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.i...

Does Access integrate with web pages?
I am begiinning to look into creating a web page and I also need to learn how to create a database for my wife's clients. Is this two seperate projects or can they be integrated to work with each other? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I am begiinning to look into creating a web > page and I also need to learn how to create > a database for my wife's clients. Is this two > seperate projects or can they be integrated > to work with each other? A database created with Microsoft Access can be used on a website... that is, Tables...

how to remove the first exchange 2003 server
Can anyone please send me information on how to remove the first exchange 2003 server. I have two Exchange 2003 servers. Thanks "hanna chalhoub" <hannac@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote: >Can anyone please send me information on how to remove the first exchange >2003 server. I have two Exchange 2003 servers. > >Thanks > The title's a bit off but this should contain all the steps you need: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.u...

Removing a form
Does anyone know how to remove a form from an Outlook Task and get it to default to the original? When I upgraded from 2003 to 2007, the form attached to my tasks went missing, so all my existing tasks are defaulting to the original installed form. However, when I create a new form, it defaults to the form I created. This new form has extra fields in it that now do not show on the task after it is created. So I just want everything to go back to the default form for a task regardless of whether it's a new task or an existing task. I cannot find any *.oft files on my machine. ...

Remove duplicate enries with blank fields
I need to create a key word index for past issues of a magazine. Th index will be published on the publisher's website. Key words, title and issues are collected in an Excel file, and are alphabeticall sorted. One keyword can have multiple references to articles, but fo eastethic reasons I want to remove duplicate keywords while off cours maintaining the title and issue info. The result should look like this http://www.belastingzaken.nl/trefwoordenregister/P.htm (it's Dutch) I have deleted duplicate key words manually, but since I need to updat this index each month that's just ...

How do I remove a second similar option in Office Live beta
When I click on 'Open' or 'Save' for 'Office Live' in 2002 version of MS Word I have two identical drop down choices. How do I get rid of the second choice. (e.g. Open is clicked and two choices appear, both saying, 'Sign in to Office Live Workspace beta'. ...

Removing an xla?
Greetings, I just had Acrobat 6.0 installed on my machine, and it added PDFMaker.xla to my VBAProject lists. It also did a few other things that I find annoying, so I want to remove the add-in. However, when I go to Tools/Add-ins or Tools/COM Add-ins, I don't see anything Acrobat or PDF related there. How would I go about removing this? Would it be as simple as searching my drive for the PDFMaker.xla file and deleting/moving it? If I did that, would it remove the new toolbar, etc.? Thanks in advance for any help. Mike Mike PDFMAKER.XLA does not install in the Add-ins or Lib...

Removing overlap of bars when 2 Y axes are used
I made a chart with a secondary Y axis because my two data series had very different scales. This automatically overlapped the two data series bars so that not all of them are visible now (when I had them on one Y axis, distinct bars were present). I have tried to play with the "overlap" option, but it barely separates the bars -more than 90% overlap remains-, I cannot get them to be side by side. I do not want to make one or both series appear as lines. Thanks for any answer. PP74, I believe Jon Peltier's site has an example that you can use. You may need to adjust the...

change page size
Is there an easy way to change the page size in a Publisher document (for website). I have attempted adjusting the Page Setup, but this doesn't seem to work. If you have Pub 2003 then go to Edit > Page setup and click the Custom option. You can type in any width you want, but I generally would leave the length at the default length. When you Publish to the Web and produce your web pages, Publisher will automatically truncate the page length after the last design element on the page. This allows you to have custom length pages based on the content of the page. If you have other ...

page numbering 02-24-10
On microsoft word 2002 XP I want to have the pages numbered from 1 to whatever but I want to have number 1 on the second page of the document. The first page will be my cover page. Any ideas ? Omit numbering on the first page by enabling "Different first page" and leaving the First Page Header/Footer blank. Then set numbering to start at 0. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "excelguy" <excelguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E0E138-AB97-4C3B-B57C-AD19F3945B...

Please remove : Nick Berg alive
Hello All, Could you please remove the message abut Nick Berg the zip file has a virus. Posting of file: 8/3/04 In Excel Charts Forum ...