{ PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Press Alt+F9.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> numerical page numbering?

72
Suzanne
2/12/2010 11:30:05 PM
Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Press Alt+F9.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> > numerical page numbering?
> >

> .

money 2003 home page #2
When I trasfer money between accounts IE: from a account being closed. How can I prevent it being recorded as income in the monthly reports as it is not extra income simply from one account to another You are using Transfer:[name of acct] as the "Category" for the transfer? You are seeing it as Income in the Monthly Report or in some other report? "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10B4683B-5C0B-45B8-8B75-EC81A3B71006@microsoft.com... > When I trasfer money between accounts IE: from a account being closed. How > can I prev...

global removal of a phrase
I have a very large word document, over 1000 pages. There are over 10,000 phrases within parenthesis that contain the word memo) I would like a macro that would look for all instances of parenthesis that contains the word 'memo' and removed the entire phrase including the opening and ending parenthesis. For example I need a macro that would remove the following groups: (red sunset memo) (memo san francisco) (edward the great memo), but would not remove (John Smith explorer) -- Butch Cassidy The solution is only slightly different from that to which you asked yeste...

removing email account
Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then click remove, but there's no "remove." "kim" wrote in message news:68298685-7DFF-41E4-A883-62366724FDF8@microsoft.com... > Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then > click > remove, but there's no "remove." Then you did not navigate to the correct dialog. Provide EXACTLY how you navigate to whatever window it is where you think there should be a Remove button. Different versions of a program exist because there are different features or changes in...

How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher
When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and arange to send to background the water mark disappears. and if I try other ways then my text on my original document dissappears. Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a watermark if you use the wash out feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0FCE3D-0A94-4908-BC33-2D9DA59DF614@microsoft.com... > When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and > arange to send ...

Page Numbering within Sections
I have a Word template document with 3 sections: The first section contains one page which is not numbered. The second section contains 3 pages which are automatically numbered via inserting Page x of y and then converting y to a SECTIONPAGES field resulting in Pages 1 of 4, 2 of 4, and 3 of 4. So all is good up to this point. However, the 4th and final page is in landscape format and thus becomes the third section, but is being numbered 4 of 1 even though the 1 is a SECTIONPAGES field and the section is linked to previous and is listed as "same as previous". ...

Why does my HP 5Si prints 1 blank page for every page I print
My HP Laser Jet 5Si prints 1 blank page for every page I print in publisher. I can not find out why, or how to correct it. HELP! Are you printing multi-page documents? Are you saying every other page is blank? Has the printer always printed this way? Have you looked at printing preferences to be sure you don't have a separation page enabled? You have an old printer, could be your driver is corrupt. It is always advisable to completely remove a driver before installing or re-installing. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsander...

Forcing Odd Pages
Can I force an odd page every time a "Title" style is encountered (the "Title" style is what I used for my chapter titles)? :)Thanks, Lyndie ...

remove last three characters of cell
Thanks, Access Expert! Your formula works really great! Now, I am trying to use the same formula to remove the last three characters which contain a comma, a space, and one letter (it varies, and a wildcard doesn't seem to work) (e.g. ", J"), how do I modify it to remove the last three characters. I've been playing around with it, but don't know how to specify the letter as a wildcard, if that's even possible. I want to to go from Doe, John, W --> Doe, John Thanks! "AccessExpert" wrote: > Mira, > > You can use a combination of the L...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

How to remove an Exchange 2003 server and its roles/folders?
Trying to uninstall the first Exchange 2003 server, since we now have replaced it with a new 2 node A/P cluster. I have tested to just shut it down, before actually uninstalling it, to see if it causes any problems... I have noticed a few System Folders that still belongs to it. Will these folders disappear automatically when I uninstall Exchange, or do I have to remove them now while the server is still available?? These are the System Folders: OWAScratchPad (there is one for each EX server) schema-root (sounds at least important!? But is not mentioned in the uninstall instructions KB...

Calendar: print Daily style, 2 pages/day, no TaskPad, no Notes
Hello -- The Notes component of the Daily format still prints, even after I uncheck the Notes area box. The setting for Layout: 2 pages/day does not work. I tried setting up a printer to print 2 pages / landscape page and that did not work either. Can anyone suggest what I can do to have 2 consecutive days print side-by-side on an 8.5" x 11" landscape page? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl ...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

How can i print sequential page numbers 1 to 10, if i have one wo.
I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100 times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this? DJN Code from Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/print�.htm#number Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1) For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount With ActiveSheet 'number in cell A1 '.Range("a1").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & Copi...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

Add previously created pages to book template
Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into a new template? Thanks With both files opened (two runnings of Publisher) you could copy/paste from one to the other. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Chatterless" <Chatterless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB18D39-B470-468A-82E6-38DB433D835A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into > a > new template? > > Thanks ...

Start label in middle of page
Hi Using labels for a laser printer I would like to instruct the report to start printing on a spesific row.. Reason, sometime you only print one or two rows. The next time that you print labels you must be able to instruct it on which row to start printing. Can it be done? Thanks Alfred On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "MultipleLabelsOffset.mdb" which illustrates one way to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Ema...

Removing Unregistered Library
Hi all, I'm currently going round in circles with this one: I have a workbook that has been created in xl 2000 and sends e-mail from outlook. However, when the file is opened and saved in Excel 200 the references to the Outlook v9.0 library change to Outlook v11.0 This would be fine except the file has to run in office 2000, xp an 2003. Help!!! When the file is re-opened in excel 2000 the outlook library doesn' change back from xp to 2000. I have been trying various forms of VBA t remove the reference library link but with no success. I keep gettin error "Object Library Not R...

Save single pages????
Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back together. thanks, L. Hi L/P (info@wabashrealty.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. || Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? || Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would || like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back || together. || || ...

How to remove invalid e-mail generation rules?
I have a client which I just migrated Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of the site addressing generation rules got transferred over from 5.5 into 2003 under recipient policies. There is an invalid entry in there that's causing the RUS service to stall. I would like to know how to remove this entry because the remove button is greyed out?? It seems that the remove button is only available if I custom create a new one. what's more perplexing is the fact that if I try to uncheck the entry then click ok, I get an error of "The specified directory service attribute or val...

Save as .csv file removes trailing 00 #2
Hi all. I have a XL sheet with one column containing tekst and values. It is partnumbers. Some of these starts with trailing nulls (the number 0). Like 00AB25 or 00056P-SDF. It is populated from SQL Server 2000 varchar(30) field. When I save as .csv file XL removes the trailing 0's and the partnumber in the csv file changes to AB25 and 56P-SDF. Any ideas how to avoid this? thanx. geir In the raw .csv file the leading nulls are preserved (try opening it with Notepad and you will see), but when Excel reopens the file it converts them to numbers. But only those partnumbers that do n...

Publishing to a Wbb Page
Is there a way to make the published htm, mht file to show up in the full screen like on the regular spreadhseet? Hi Chris, Do you mean F11 (Full Screen). Can you describe what you do see and what you really want ? --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Chris Chandler" <see@top.com> wrote in message news:Xns952F4BBBB4995nospmnet@207.46.248.16... > Is there a way to make the published htm, mht [HTML...

Mobile Express CRM4.0
Installed Mobile Express for CRM4.0. Customized & published the entity, but we are getting a "Page cannot be found error" at https://<CRM_server>/m. There is not a lot to configure so we are at a loss to explain why in our IFD environment we get this error (both internally as externally. Anyone else has this problem or better yet, figured this one out? Thanks, Hi Henricus, I installed it on my machine and it's working just fine, from where you are trying to call the url ? locally or remotely ? using IP address or dns name? -- Regards, Karim Mohamed "...

How do I print multiple pages on 1 sheet of A4 in Publisher 2002
Hi all, This is something that I have not been able to figure out but I expect is straight forward or impossible to do. I have a small page size (4" x 6") and so two of these pages will fit neatly onto an A4 sheet of paper. I can see how to print multiple COPIES of a page onto a single sheet, but I can't figure out how to print multiple pages onto a single sheet. If I choose to only print a single copy per page, Publisher decides to plonk the page in the middle on the A4 sheet. I can't see any option to get more than one page printed side by side. Any Ideas Chris ...

How do I remove the leading 1 from a nine digit telephone #
How do I remove the leading 1 from a nine digit telephone #'s stored in a column in excel. Eg. Get 17035551212 to be 7035551212 Hi one option is to use a "helper" column e.g. if your numbers are in column A, starting on row 1 in B1 type =right(A1,len(A1)-1) (as your phone numbers in the example don't appear to be 9 digits long) then move the cursor over the bottom right of cell B1 and when you see a + double click this will fill the formula down the column. When you're happy with the result select column B and choose copy click on A1 and choose edit / paste specia...

Excel Standard Toolbar button addition/removal problems?
When I add/remove buttons from the Excel Standard toolbar and exit Excel, the next time I reopen Excel the buttons are reset as before. This is not a problem with the Formatting toolbar. Hi Valerie Maybe you have a add-in that reset the Standard toolbar. Uncheck all add-ins and see if the problem stops -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Valerie Dyet" <Valerie Dyet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29ADDC6C-84DC-4889-A169-0D4B09A28171@microsoft.com... > When I add/remove buttons from the Excel Standard toolbar and exit Excel, the > nex...