{ PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Press Alt+F9.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> numerical page numbering?

72
Suzanne
2/12/2010 11:30:05 PM
Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Press Alt+F9.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "LFD3290" <LFD3290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I remove { PAGE   \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
> > numerical page numbering?
> >

> .

budget summary page
I'm a little confused when I look at my budget summary page for last month. For Total Income: It says 8000 But the budget category "Wages and Salary" shows 6000. (this is the correct amount). I have no other Income, and nothing else under Wages and Salary. So where is this 2K discrepancy coming from? Thanks. I thought the same thing but I had a transaction in my account that was an income that wasn't in my planned budget.... Look was what budgeted and the actual income.... and then try to find the transaction Good luck "CK" wrote: > I'm a little c...

Moving a page from one publication to another
I am using Publisher 2003. I have a page I wish to copy from one publisher file to another one. Merge might be the term. I have tried copying & pasting, but I can't seem to work with the new page like one I created. It acts like a picture. The page is quite complicated and would take a very long time to recreate it again in my new publication. An added complication is the page I wish to transfer to my new publication was on a CD & I have since 'saved' it to my hard drive. Does this make a difference? What to do? Thanks in advance for your invaluable help, Cora...

printing 100 pages of word file
I want to print 100 pages of a word file. I want to print two pages per sheet. I also want to use the front and back of the sheet. First i want to print odd pages (front of sheet) and then even pages (back of sheet). However when I do that the printed back of the sheet is upside down with respect to the printed front of the sheet. How to prevent this upside down problem? -- labview1958 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ labview1958's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32123 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

IE 9
I have Win XP3 / 64-bit......IE6 I have tried IE 8 but didn't like it, so went back to the tried and true. Seems now sites are not supporting IE6 so we user won't be able to see their sites without upgrading. Is there any spec page that will tell us what it's going to have and not have ? My dislike of IE8 was the way the favorites showed up when you wanted to save a link. IE6 it opened with just the folders and made it very easy to find where you wanted to put the link. IE8 opened "every" folder one has in their favorites. I would have to go up and d...

Removing Buttons
I copied buttons from a WEB page into an EXCEL spreadsheet. I tried to remove the buttons using edit/go to/special/objects -- but it says 'no objects found'. I also tried to 'right click' the button and cut - but it did not work either. I can send you a sample if possible. If there's no shapes you want to keep, maybe this'll do it for you. (Save your file first--just in case.) Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long Dim myErrNumber As Long With ActiveSheet .Shapes.SelectAll On Error Resume Next Selection.Delete ...

Remove Calendar items from Favorites Folder Outlook 2003
How do I remove the calendar, and notes items from my Favorite Folders navigation area under Mail? When I right click on the objects I'm not presented with a Remove from Favorites option. ...

Removed content in right columns and limited size of spreadsheet
I was trying to get rid of the contents in the columns to the right of my spreadsheet and instead I accidently deleted everything to the right (area is now grey). Now I can't insert new columns because I have limited the size of the spreadsheet. How can I recover columns to the right? I can't just click undo because I have saved and gone out of the spreadsheet. The data in deleted columns is lost I do not understand how you think you have limited the size of the worksheet That is not possible tell us more best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/...

each cell is printing as an individual page
I created a new spreadsheet and it was working just fine when I put it away. now when I open it and try to print it all the cells want to print as individual pages. does any one know what can cause this? hi, first time i ever heard of that. just reset the print area. high light the area you want printed goto file>print area>set print area >-----Original Message----- >I created a new spreadsheet and it was working just fine >when I put it away. now when I open it and try to print it >all the cells want to print as individual pages. does any >one know what can c...

-->edit -->clear -->all; Can removed from standard menu?
I have tried a dozen protection setups in an attempt to keep someone from using clear all to delete data in unlocked cells. (They need to change values in these cells thus the access). Clear contents is OK. Is there a vba way to remove this particular entry in the standard excel menu? Thank you. excel 2003 > I have tried a dozen protection setups in an attempt to keep someone > from using clear all to delete data in unlocked cells. =A0(They need to > change values in these cells thus the access). =A0Clear contents is OK. > > Is there a vba way to remove thi...

simple xsl for creating aspx page
Hello I know nothing of XSL but was wondering if it was possible to do the following: Given an XML template: <template> <register TagPrefix="whatever" TagName="Template" src="Common/Template.ascx" /> <page language="c#" /> <usercontrol tag="whatever:Template" ID="header" Runat="server" Type="header" /> <form id="form1" method="post" runat="server"> <h1>some text here</h1> testing </form> <usercontrol tag="whatever...

Excel 2000 under Terminal Services 2003
I am unable to drag and move page breaks in Excel page break preview under Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Any help please ...

How to Page Break correctly in Report Writer?
I have a customer statement modified report in GP and I am trying to get the report to Page Break when it goes to next customer record, because obviouslly I cannot have 2 customers on same page. So I created a additional footer in Section Options and set it to Page Break on Customer Number. That is working fine, it does page break when customer record changes. But when I have a customer that has 2 pages worth of invoices listed, on the 2nd page header it will list the Name of the following customer. Why is that? For example, I have a customer called ABC and XYZ. It will print the 1st ...

Mutliple Page Number sets
I'm setting up a book to go out to short run press. Using publisher because I get it through license for super cheap, so it didn't make sense to purchase an expensive publishing suite. But I want to do some things with the page numbers that I can't figure out to do. I want and intro and foreword to be in roman numerals, and then the main body of the text to have regular page numbers. What I really can't figure out though, is how to get the page numbers to start on "1" with the first page (currently starting on 11. I have Master Sheets applies to the differ...

To remove Microsoft pop up asking to send info on product
Word 3 every time I use it I get the pop up asking to send in or not. The pop up comes up with and without the Word 3 program. I have no idea how to eliminate it even if it does have Word on it from Microsoft. What is Word 3? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "petschools" <petschools@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA9BE8B-3993-4F79-B283-B47C8AC2C164@microsoft.com... > Word 3 every time I use it I get the pop up asking to send in or not. The > pop > up comes up with and without the Word 3 program. I have no idea how to > eliminate ...

Removing Corrupt styles in an excel workbook
Hello, How can I remove corrupt styles from an Excel 2000 workbook ? I've tried deleteing through the menus - but that doesn't work, and I've tried through VBA, but that fails with an error for the styles that are corrupt. (Delete method of style class failed) e.g. for i=1 to activeworkbook.styles.count:debug.print activeworkbook.styles.item(i).name:activeworkbook.styles.item(i).delete:next i Inspecting the names of the styles that are failing to delete displays a couple of non-printable characters show as squares, or Yen symbols. Any idea how to obliterate these styles ...

Removing Cash transactions
I use Money to track my investment transactions only. So, when I download a statement and reconcile the transactions, Money creates cash transactions. But, these transactions are negative and affect the totals in the Portfolio Manager. And if I delete them, then Money also deletes the transactions. How can I track my investments without tracking the Cash ? Is there a way to delete the cash transactions without deleting the actual equity purchase ? To me it seems the only way to do this is to enter all transactions manually. Why do retirement accounts have to have cash accounts ?!?!...

2 Page Master
I Want to split a 2 page master that i set up in publisher 2003. set up to print on 17x12 paper, page 2&14 our on the same page.3&12 are on the same page. How can i split them. Thank ...Merle ...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

Remove Ability to Create Contacts
We have a third-party plugin tool (which links with our CRM) for Outlook 2003 which has its own "Create New Contact" wizard we want people to use instead of creating a new contact with Outlook. The question is, how do we remove their ability to create a new contact using Outlook's default contact creation screen? It would be nice if we could remove the button(s) used for creating a new contact, but the problem is the multi-function button on the left-hand side of the toolbar - when you're on the contact screen it become a Create New Contact button. But removing the entire ...

SBS Forefront Removal & Exchange Transport Service
Hi I do hope someone can help me please I have an SBS 2008 system that is working fine apart from when I removed Forefront because the trial has ended & i wanted to install Sophos I followed the procedure of stopping the services before removing & then rebooted & alll seemed to be ok I then installed Sophos SBE & this is working fine but for some reason the Microsoft Exchange Transport service just stops everytime I start it, I can manually restart but this is no solution Has anyone else experienced this with forefront & if so do you know of any perman...

CTRL+PAGE UP/DOWN isn't working. Any advice? #2
Hi Rob, Sorry about the lagged response. I was away for a while. In Dell's communitybulletin boards, I found a suggested fix tha requires you to remove some screws from your laptop that would allo you to lift the keyboard and secure a connection from your keyboard t the (...I think) motherboard. You might try checking Dell's communit help boards for these and other bits of advice. Although I don't hav the heart to try it, it seemed to work for others. All in all, I'm inclined to believe that something's up with Dell' laptop keyboards. I hope this helps, tett...

print a certain row as the header on each page
I would like to print the same row on each page as the top row. It is not the top row on the first page. Michelle, Go to File/Page Setup Under Page Setup go the the Sheet tab For the selection - Rows to repeat at top, go the cell reference and select whatever row you want to repeat. hope that helps. Max -- MAX258 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MAX258's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476017 ...

IE 8,x How do I remove Ask.com Nero Toolbar.?
Operating System Windows XP SP3 ISP Earthlink.net Name: Nero Toolbar Publisher: Ask.com Type: Toolbar Version: 5.5.2.106 File date: Date last accessed: Today, March 09, 2010, 3 minutes ago Class ID: {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} Use count: 16 Block count: 3 File: GenericAskToolbar.dll Folder: C:\Program Files\Ask.com Should I edit the registry and delete the class ID? {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} -- ________ ...

Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook 2000. As I often receive long Emails containing the complete discussion thread, I somethimes only want to print the first page. However different to all other Applications, Outlook denies the Option to select or restrict the amount of printed pages, only 'even or odd' pages can be selected. Does anyone has a clue? Bye, Tobias ...