Why does my office home and student 2007 Word say non-commercial u

I installed Office Home and Student on my HP laptop and the word program says
"non-commercial use" at the top and i cannot save my word files. Please help.
Thank you

It says "Non-Commercial Use" because the Home and Student Edition is
licensed for personal, home use only and cannot be used in a business or
commercial venture of any sort. This has no effect on your ability to save
files, however, as the HSE is otherwise identical to other editions.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"J-Man" <J-Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Office Home and Student on my HP laptop and the word program
>says
> "non-commercial use" at the top and i cannot save my word files. Please
> help.
> Thank you

0
Suzanne
4/21/2010 3:18:03 AM
If you cannot save files, it may be because you have not activated the
software.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"J-Man" <J-Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed Office Home and Student on my HP laptop and the word program
> says
> "non-commercial use" at the top and i cannot save my word files. Please
> help.
> Thank you

0
Doug

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

Word 2004 and kyocera printer issue
Hi, I am running a fully patched MAC OSX.4 machine with Office 2004 fully patched. I have installed the latest Kyocera OS X English 10.2 drivers from the kyocera website, for KM7530 model. The driver installs a job accounting feature in the printing presets for that particular printer. The function will work fine for every program other than word, word will not allow you the option to enter a pin code. all the features seem to be greyed out. If i reinstall and go immediately to anotherr program such as Eudora or Firefox or even Excel I can enter and lock the pin number in and it will print...

Are Office XP fonts freeware?
I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? serdar wrote: > I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any > web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? > > Why is this an Excel question? If you look at the fonts in the Windows fonts directory, usually c:\windows\fonts, you'll see that most of them are copyrighted. I suggest you do a Google or other search for freeware fonts. You should find some items that way. That said, yo...

Share Calender in Outlook 2007
In our organization, we have changed the the default data file path. This makes the "Share a Calender" option disappear. First of all, is there any anything to work around this? Secondly, if there is nothing that can be done in the above case, I tried sharing the calender by publishing it in Office Online. Apparently the calender is shared but when I sent it to my colleague's work e-mail address, he is unable to access it. It asks for authentication and cannot contact the web server when he enters his credentials. How to make this work? I don't want to go sharing my W...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...