Why does header/footer (2007) fade when in the document?

In Word 2007, why does the information in the header and footer fades out?  I
put a legend, with different colors, in the footers but when I am in the
document the header and footer fade out instead of being full color like in
Word 2003.  The same for the header where I have a logo.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1f186e61-03a0-47d9-b265-5e3930840f3a&dg=microsoft.public.word.newusers

To distinguish it from the text in the body of the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Word 2007, why does the information in the header and footer fades out?
> put a legend, with different colors, in the footers but when I am in the
> document the header and footer fade out instead of being full color like
> in
> Word 2003.  The same for the header where I have a logo.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1f186e61-03a0-47d9-b265-5e3930840f3a&dg=microsoft.public.word.newusers

0
Doug

Importing a .cdr file in Publisher 2007
Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into Publisher? Thanks, Ulli You can import a .cdr file in 2007. Not sure about the version however. I cannot import CorelDraw 12 images into Publisher. Your sender can convert the .cdr in Corel to a .wmf or .emf or any other format. Try importing, Insert, picture, from file. If your sender cannot convert the file, send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ulli" <Ul...

Cannot view file after double clicking on a file with 2007
Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in the left corner it doesn't show up. Granted it is Windows XP, but we have 394 machines give or take and they all work fine in Office. And they are all identical software setups. "Chris" wrote: > Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in > the left corner it doesn't show up. Another thing, I called Microsoft support today and some woman named Vija answered the phone. She was telling me with the file not showing up until clicking the balloon this is how...

Visio 2007, Vista 64, VISIO.EXE 32 stays loaded, 100% CPU
Whenever I run Visio 2007 under Vista 64, it starts a process, VISIO.EXE 32 which takes about 50% of the CPU. Sometimes it starts two copies and then it takes 100%. I used this visio under XP and it did not do this. I have all the MS patches in as well as everything from Lenovo for the Thinkpad. It is running Core 2 Duo with 3 Gig of ram. ...

Outlook 2007 send group emails without disclosure of recipient details
i got an email, i cannot see the recipient details. when look into the email header, it seems come from X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510 Can i do it at Outlook 2007? Thanks a lot. Tony Sure, you can do it in any email clients if you put the senders in the BCC field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Print Tasks Outlook 2007 Q.
I would love to print out a listing of all my tasks. Unfortunatly, I cannot think of how to do this. I can select my desired list of tasks but when I print it out, they only print one page to a task. How can I print a listing of tasks that will be more like the display? Respectfully, Jonathan Morningstar Greenville, South Carolina USA How and where in Outlook are you "selecting my desired list of Tasks?" Have you made a filtered view of the Tasks Folder? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 us...

Outlook 2007, proofing options greyed out in Editing Options dialog
I've just uninstalled the Office 2007 trial and installed a retail copy of Outlook 2007. For reasons I won't go into I've reverted to Office 2000, with the exception of Outlook, which didn't work with Vista. While the Outlook editor still autocorrects spelling mistakes, I noticed it isn't underlining unknown words in red any more. When I go into the Editor Options and select Proofing, all the options in the Microsoft Office Section are available to me, but the Outlook specific ones are all greyed out. Moreover, in neither of these sections is there a "Hide spe...

Listbox headers
For my listbox control, I set the value of "ColumnHeads" to True, meaning that my listbox will contain headers for my columns. I can now see the headers in my listbox, I just dont know how to enter text into each header. how do i do that? thank u Robert Those headers come from the row above the range you use for the .rowsource. If your .rowsource is (say) A2:A10, then the column headings will be from row 1. Robert Crandal wrote: > > For my listbox control, I set the value of "ColumnHeads" to True, > meaning that my listbox will contain ...

Excel 2007
The charting function in my Office 2007 installation not working. When I click the Chart button, it shown following message. --------------------------- Information --------------------------- Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have both Office 2003 and 2007 installed in my system. Is this a compatible issue? I had try the chart function in Word, Excel and PowerPoint all not working. Thanks did you ever figure out the problem? i'm getting the same error in office 2007...

assigning categories to email in outlook 2007
I only get color categories when I right click the category column in my email. How do I get the subject category list to show up? Is this an upgrade version of Office? Did you have a prior versioh of Outlook installed? If yes, then right click on the root of the mailbox, select properties, and then under the General Tab. select the option to "upgrade to color categories." -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 ...

documental manage system
hello, anybody knows some documents or study about integration with sharepoint to have a documental manage system? thank you as starting solution i think about a simple integration with capability to store document from crm into sharepoint and some search capability to find these documents from crm. "Jim Daly [MSFT]" <jdaly@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:A9DAFCF2-E06A-4457-A0AC-209F22797BF8@microsoft.com... > What kind of business process do you have in mind? > What information do users need to see? > What kind of documents will they b...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search not working.
I installed Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2. The instant search does not work and desktop search can find everything except email messages. I have rebuilt the index and uninstalled and reinstalled Window Desktop Search 3.0. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I fixed mine by doing two things, not scientific, doing only one may have worked. I unchecked Outlook Express. (Maybe it only likes one email client) (It search OE fine by the way) I ran the repair option for Office 2007 in add remove programs. (I installed search after Outlook prompted me on its first use, maybe Search should be...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Date Header and Layout Questions
I have 1 table with headings of: TaskType SiteName StartDate EndDate On a report, I want the header to show every Monday's date going horizontally displaying every Monday from now until 2 years from now. Then I want the Vertical column to be the TaskType. Within the report I want the SiteName to be identified in both the Monday's Date Column and the TaskType Column. For example, 30-Nov-09 (Monday) TaskType-DSR SiteName - DC. The date being on the header, the TaskType on each row and the SiteName cross referenced between them. Does this make any sense? ...

Excel 2007 slow saving with defined names
Hello, I am using a worksheet with a lot of defined names. Saving this sheet in Excel 2007 takes about 5 minutes! In previous Excel-versions the same worksheet saves within 10 seconds. Does anyone have an idea to improve this performance? Probably Windows Vista has something to do with this problem, because: - Windows XP and Excel 2007: fast saving - Windows Vista and Excel 2003: fast saving - Windows Vista and Excel 2007: slooooow saving Any ideas? Greeting RI ...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

No smtp service in 2007 exchange
We are in the process of moving our 2003 exchange to a 2007 exchange environment. We have 1 server that acts as the hub server, mailbox server, and the client access server. We also have an edge transport server sitting in our DMZ. My problem is that hub servers and edge transport servers cannot have smtp service installed.My 1st question has to do with dns. When I add the new MX record to our dns do I list the name of the Mailbox/client access/hub server or the Edge transport server? 2nd question If smtp service is not running on the edge transport server how does it accept or send mai...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...