when filling out a form, the main text gets out of alignment?

I just designed a form.....When I "test" it and fill in the blanks, it moves
the main text out of alignment.  Is there any way to "lock" the main text so
it doesn't move but still be able to fill in the blanks on the form?

Set up your form as a table with fixed cell dimensions.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"enived2" <enived2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just designed a form.....When I "test" it and fill in the blanks, it
> moves
> the main text out of alignment.  Is there any way to "lock" the main text
> so
> it doesn't move but still be able to fill in the blanks on the form?

0
Doug

Using VLOOKUP and text
I am using a Vlookup function to find dollar values, dates, and names of vendors made within a department. The dollar values are appearing correctly, but the dates appears as "01/00/00" when the field is empty and all the text strings appear as "0" even though there is a name in the source sheet. I have changed the formatting of each cell to be correct to the appropriate format (accountancy, date, text) and even tried 'general' to fix this text problem to no avail. HELP!! If A1 is empty, and you put this in B1: =a1 You'll see it returns a 0. Same thing...

Fill Series 02-10-10
Hi The sheet isn't protected. The Series command is available but Excel doesn't allow me to click on it. Why is that so? Thanks ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Invalid or "unavailable"? Is the sheet protected? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:59:01 -0800, PL <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >Using Excel 2003 > >For a file, the fill series command is invalid, why is that so? > >thanks If the Series button is available as in not "grayed out...

Minimize form location
Is there a way to use the docmd.minimize in VB so that my form will minimize to the bottom right corner instead of the bottom left? Currently docmd.minimize will minimize my form so that it covers the record buttons on the report that I have open. hi, Prohock wrote: > Is there a way to use the docmd.minimize in VB so that my form will minimize > to the bottom right corner instead of the bottom left? Afaik, no. Cause it is the MDI default behaviour provided by Windows itself. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Form textbox refresh problem
Hello! I have two forms. One is bound to a table of volunteers, the other is bound to a table of their efforts. The effort form gets data about the volunteers in a one-to-many fashion (one volunteer, hopefully many efforts). In the effort table, we have fields for PeopleID, but that's it. In the people table, we have no identifiers for effort. I'd like to be able to display the volunteer's first and last name on the effort form, so that the user can tell what's going on "behind the scenes" and to prevent entry error. For the first volunteer I choose, there'...

excel not updating text boxes
i have several charts with textboxes lind to specific cells within my workbook. inside these cells are formulas that calculate values that I am trying to display on my charts in the text boxes. My calculations are set to automatic, but these text boxes are not updating unless i click in the formula bar for each of them and hit "enter." since i have several charts i don't want to be doing this hundreds of times a day. I have a total lack of confidence that my chart text boxes are displaying the correct values. is there some way to force them to update, maybe wit...

Look up tables vs. value fields via combo box on form
I have tables such as t_WeatherData in which I have fields such as Temperature, WindSpeed, WindDirection. The WindSpeed and WindDirection fields each have a lookup table with an ID (primary key/autonumber) and a field that holds a category ("N", "NE", "NW", "W", etc., or "< 5 mph", "5-10 mph", etc.). As I have it, the look up tables merely serve to populate a combo box on the data entry form... OR, is creating a combo box with a value list sufficient? What should be the factors in my decision on when to use a look...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

where can i get templates for a "how-to" manual?
I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they would like to be and I do't have time to create a "how-to" manual from scratch. What they need to learn is how to archive their email and get it off my servers and onto their local machines. We are literally running out of space and some of the users have emails going back to 1998! "Paul Telesco" <Paul Telesco@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CD40CCB-7606-49A5-9B36-0F83EEF1086F@microsoft.com... >I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they wou...

Stop getting spam from different address
Hello, I have Outlook 2003 and I am wondering "How can I stop getting other peoples e-mail address" I received e-mail address that does not belong to me for example info@comcast.net or other strange address. Is there a way to stop that using Outlook 2003 filters. If so how do I do it. Or do I need to buy a program that stops that? All I want is to received my e-mail using only my e-mail address. Any advice will be appreciate.Thank you. You can either set your Junk E-mail Filter to a higher level or configure a rule to move all messages that are not send to you direct...

Text Wrapping not working as desired.
I have a workbook containing several worksheets. The specific worksheet of concern is set up to allow the user to fill in information and as such will be protected to eliminate the risk of changes. All cells have been set as Protected except those where the user is allowed to fill in data, AND those cells have had Wrapping enabled (actually, the whole row (NOT the whole worksheet) has had wrapping enabled). However the row is NOT auto expanding when the data is entered, rather the row remains the height of a single row and never displays more than the first line of text. This is an iss...

Access 2K7
I followed the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285820 When I run it, I'm getting the error: "438 Object doesn't support this property or method" It looks like it's breaking on this bit of code: ".Picture = strImagePath" Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Module code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function DisplayImage(ctlImageControl As Control, strImagePath As Variant) As String On Error GoTo Err_DisplayImage Dim strResult As String Dim strDatabasePath As String Dim intSlashLo...

Change Text Case
Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet? Thanks! a formula =lower(a1) =proper(a1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Chel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09A9342E-9DED-4BB7-8C08-1DA31E7CEBCB@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet? Thanks! Chel, You can use a macro like the following: Sub ConvertCase() Dim Rng As ...

Main Form checkbox toggles many subform checkboxes
I have a main form / subform setup. The subform has a field that is a yes/no data type, represented by a checkbox in the field. How do I set up a control on the main form (possibly another checkbox) so that when I click the control, it will toggle ALL of the checkboxes in the subform on and off. Similar to a "select/deselect all"? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use the AfterUpdate event procedure of the unbound check box on the main form, to execute an Update query on the subform's table. This kind of thing: Private Sub chkSetAll_AfterUpdate() Dim ...

How large can the MS Money software ITSELF get, over time? (plz re
I've been using MS Money for years. The last time I upgraded it was to Small Business v 2006 as I run a small business from my home office. I have my pers and bus financials on there since the 90's (not sure of very 1st transaction...). Features-wise, there's no reason for me to upgrade or change anything, and, I also on occasion need to view certain Reports which by nature need to include data from old now-closed bank and credit card accounts so I do not want to "archive" anything at all. But.. I'm wondering, how long can this go on? that is, entering financia...

Check box on unbound form error
I have two check boxes that update a yes/no field in the rst field (using DAO). If left unchecked on save they return a data conversion error 3421. Any help would be greatly appreciated. hi Bob, Bob wrote: > I have two check boxes that update a yes/no field in the rst field (using > DAO). If left unchecked on save they return a data conversion error 3421. > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Checkboxes have three states: True, False, Null. I assume you are leaving it Null. You may set the default value in the property editor or use the Nz() function when updating your...

locking a text box in a subform
Hi there, I've got a form that looks like this: MAIN FORM SUBFORM1 SUBFORM2 SUBFORM3 I'm trying to code an event in a listbox in SUBFORM1 that locks a textbox in SUBFORM2 if the user picks a certain item from the list. However, I can't seem to get the code right in order to do it. I tried this: If whatever Then Forms!subfrm1.subfrm2!Listboxname.Locked = True End if However it keeps telling me it can't find subfrm1. Any ideas? jjmclell On Aug 22, 8:55 am, jjmcl...@lakeheadu.ca wrote: > Hi there, > > I've got a form that looks like this:...

Template form security issue
Hi I have created an order form in Excel 2000 on my pc on the network drive and saved it as a Template - I protected certain cells and now I have moved to other pcs in the company and am locating it on the server and trying to shortcut it to the other users. Each time the other users open this template they are getting a security warning. I have tried to go back to the original template but have noticed that the security on my pc is already Low. How can I overcome this problem??? Thanks in advance Ann Ireland If this is a macro warning, then the setting belongs with each user. E...

Reports icon disappears from the entity lists and entity forms
During the day the reports icon disappears and appears again to different users. However, the menu item in the workplace is always there. Have you any idea why does this happen? ...

Print report which matches current record on open form
Hi, I have placed a button on my form which automatically prints a report based on the table I am using on the form. I would like the report to match the current record only. So if I fill out the form and hit the Print button it will print a report for only the current record - in other words, matched to the "Requisition Number" field. Thanks, Connie On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:27:37 GMT, Connie wrote: > Hi, > > I have placed a button on my form which automatically prints a report based > on the table I am using on the form. > > I would like the report to ma...

get a char array from a _variant_t
I'm doing a little server that recieves data from a socket. I use WinSock for this purpose and his method: GetData( _variant_t , type, length ); My problem is I'm not able to get a char array from this _variant_t. I'm able to get a CString with: m_WinSock.GetData( &data, type, length ); CString cs = data.bstrVal; But this not solves my problem because I send empty chars through sockets and CString detects this as a final of string, ignoring the next bytes. That's because I need a char array... With char c = data.cVal; I get the first char only... What should I do??? ...

Returning to previous record on Scrolling form
I have a very long form with sometimes hundreds of records. For each record, there is a text box where the user can enter a quantity to be added/deleted to the existing quantity. Once the quantity has been added/deleted, the form requeries so that the quantity displayed is now accurate. Since the form is so long, I want a way for the form to return to the record that the user just updated. In Access 2003, I used this code: dim rst as recordset dim IntKeyVal as string IntKeyVal = idx_IDNumber Application.Echo False <<<other VBA code here to add/delete from existing quantity&g...

Align Second Signature to the right
Hello, I have a report that combines a series of text boxes, with text and fields to create a letter. The letter sometimes has a second signature. My problem is getting the second signature to be over to the right on the page, like this: [Name1] [Name2] [Title1] [Title2] Can I use a sort of tab function or assign the second signature to a column number to get it to be in the same place regardless of the lentgth of Name/Title 1? If I concatenate using spaces like this: [Name1] & " ...

How do I get menus back when I right click on an Excel Spreadshee.
I have a computer that when I right click on a spreadsheet tab I do not get the normal menu to pop up. What do I need to do to get the menus back and functional??? Try Application.commandbars("cell").enabled=true in the immediate window -- HTH RP "David G" <David G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74ED0D6B-958E-40E5-ACDC-2F46B98BC1FC@microsoft.com... > I have a computer that when I right click on a spreadsheet tab I do not get > the normal menu to pop up. What do I need to do to get the menus back and > functional??? hi Right clic...

Text Color Format Does not stick
I have text in a cell and I applied the color red but as soon as I go to the next cell, it changes back to orignal text formatting. What could be the cause? DISREGARD this posting. "Roberta" wrote: > I have text in a cell and I applied the color red but as soon as I go to the > next cell, it changes back to orignal text formatting. What could be the > cause? ...

Get name of active sheet
I have one sheet in my workbook named "Work Data". If this sheet is active, then the following expression Application.ActiveSheet.Name .... will return a string of "Work Data". However, I don't want the name of the string in the sheet tab, I want the name from my VBA project window (named Sheet1). How can I retrieve the VBA name of my sheet?? thank u Application.ActiveSheet.CodeName Be aware though that newly added sheets since the workbook was opened while the VBE is closed will not have a codeName. There are various workarounds to force one, ...