Use jpg as border - Word 2007

Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007
document.  This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document
with multiple copies of the picture.  In other words, the picture will be
copied around the entire border of the document.

I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this,
if indeed it is possible.

Thanks

Joe

0
Joe727

Hello Joe,

if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background
image.

Therefore you can have it as border as well.

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Joe727 wrote:
> Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word
> 2007 document.  This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the
> entire document with multiple copies of the picture.  In other words,
> the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document.
>
> I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do
> this, if indeed it is possible.
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

0
Jay

access 2007 crashes
when i change by code the controlsource of a textbox while opening the report, access crashes. is there a way to solve this (besides opening first in lay-out view)? michel Yes, this is one of the bugs in A2007. AFAIK, no resolution has been provided for this problem yet. Hopefully we will see it fixed when MS releases SP1 for Office 2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Michel Peeters" <michel@melsbroek.be> wrote in message news...

installed office 2007, 2003 calendar events did not appear.
I had a error 1311 on installation of office 2007. The error solution was to uninstall office 2003 and reinstall 2007. Everything came up fine except calendar. None of my events from 2003 showed up, however my reminder popups worked from the 2003 calendar. I can't find the name of the calendar file to try to reinstall. Thanks, Charlie The calendar is in your pst. Do you see the calendar if you use Folder list view? (Press Ctrl+6 to switch to the folder list. ) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Copying from Word to Publisher
One of our secretaries has recently started to get an error message in Microsoft Publisher. It reads "The Clipboard is busy." Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the Clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. She said this started about a week ago. She copies a short newsletter from Word and copies it into her Publisher document. She has been doing this for over a year. I can copy from Word to another Word document. I can copy from a publisher document into the same one. There is ...

Word 2000 as Email Editor for Outlook 2002
I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 software and I am trying to use Word 2000 as my email editor but under options it does not allow me to select Word as the email editor. Is there a patch to make this work? Tools>Options>Mail Format Check "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" -- Carol Haynes Reply address is set to vaporize - don't expect a reply! "alecshawp@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1287701c3f703$2bc63b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 software and I am > tryin...

Can't use my password in 2005
I know 2005 seems to have a lot of issues, but I can't find any answers for my problem. I installed Money 2005 from 2003. Now it tells me that my password or e-mail is incorrect, and I can't open my file I was running in 2003. I had no problems in 2003. I've done everything I can think of that seemed at all relevant from this newsgroup and microsoft support. Other relevant info: -I have the most updated version (14.0.120.1105) -I can't open my file or the backups (same error for all) -I used my passport for 2003, and I can still log into passport web site...

use the current time to return a value
Simple formula? if the time is >=07:00:00<15:00:00, G$1. = 1 if time >=15:00:00 < 23:00:00 G$1 = 2 if Time >=23:00:00 < 07:00:00 G$1 = 3 I have tried to do this a few different ways and have been unsuccessful. Could someone help please? One way: G1: =IF(OR(MOD(NOW(),1)<7/24,MOD(NOW(),1)>=23/24), 3, IF(MOD(NOW(),1)>=15/24, 2, 1)) In article <1133191901.819183.53950@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, sjd371@netzero.com wrote: > Simple formula? if the time is >=07:00:00<15:00:00, G$1. = 1 if time > >=15:00:00 < 23:00:00 G$1 = 2 if Time...

Outlook 2007 error 0X80040900
Task Mike Fussell@XXXXXXXX Receiving reported error (0X80040900) The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct. I have a HP Pavilion desktop running Vista Home Premium 64 bits system, It has been working for months and all of a sudden stopped. H E L P !!!!!! -- Mike Fussell Have you read this? It offers a multitude of reasons it can happen and solutions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514 "Mike Fussell" <MikeFussell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

changing tcp port used by exchange 5.5?
Hello, We are trying to find out if it is possible to change the tcp port that exchange 5.5 uses to send outgoing (internet bound) emails? specifically, we are trying to have our internal exchange 5.5 server send all outbound emails to our unix based/postfix server using a port other then 25. I have search both technet and google but seem to only find articles relating to inbound or client based issues. can you point me in the right direction/tech article? I have to admit I don't know if this applies to 5.5, but maybe it'll help if it's somewhat similar. This is how it'...

moving a single page in a Publisher 2007 booklet
My wife is using Publisher 2007 for a school directory. Love the fact that the "booklet" template fits the format we're looking for: simple to print, fold the pages in the middle, etc, etc. One thing we're struggling with is: "how do yo move a single page in the booklet...without automatically moving the other pages associated on that piece of paper?". I.e. when we go to the page sorter, and select one page, it always highlights both pages. We'd like to just move a single page (left or right) to the position we'd like. Help! View, turn off two...

automate 2dline with marker chart generation
In generating line charts with markers, I can change the color of the markers, but not the marker lines and series lines. The VBA code for the markers is: .SeriesCollection(1).Select With Selection .MarkerStyle = xlDiamond .MarkerSize = 9 End With .SeriesCollection(1).Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 200, 25) What are the references for the marker lines and the lines between the series points? Excel 2007 Chart Format markers and point line segments. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/10_31_09a.xlsm the "Herbert Sei...

How does the Word "lock anchor" function work for objects
I am trying to paste objects into a word document, but the objects move even though I have selected "in line with text" or "top and bottom" for formatting. How does the "lock anchor" function work for objects in a Word document? Anchors are only relevant for objects that are NOT "In line with text" because if an object is "In line with text" it behaves like a (large) text character. You can lock an anchor to prevent it from being dragged, but the anchor will still move if you cut and paste the object, or if you cut and paste th...

Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 - SMS to Groups Should this be possible? If selecting SMS to multiple users, SMS works. If selecting SMS to a group from GAL, all users get mail instead of SMS. All users in selected group have mobile phone numbers defined. Is this by design or is there a solution? Need some advice. Jordan I believe its by design of the Group - they always use the default email address. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-su...

is anyone using microsoft for order taking in a direct mail catal.
I am trying to see if anyone if using crm as a pure order taking function with a direct mail catalog/online catalog environment. In particuliar, has anyone modified Microsoft CRM to handle credit card processing via call center agents, links back to their online store etc. We have extensive customizations in place to accomplish this functionality. We use a combination of Great Plains, eConnect, the out-of-the box Integration, and our own credit card processing product to facilitate order entry in real time. This is highly customized to our operation but we do sell development kits for our...

Excel into Word
I have an Excel document that has a column for each section of an address (Name, Street, City, ect.) Is there any way for this to be put into block format in Word to print out an address list? Thanks! May work with a mail merge in word - that will read a excel spreadsheet "Jeni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13ce001c3f7e3$cdfde030$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Excel document that has a column for each > section of an address (Name, Street, City, ect.) Is there > any way for this to be put into block format in Word to > print out a...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

mde file in Access 2007
I have just converted a mdb database in Access 2007 to a mde file, but now the said database does not work correctly. When I opened up the mde database, I got a message from Access 2007 saying there was a potential security concern, and I clicked the ok button to open up the database. Now the combo box to find records does not function, as when I select a record from the list, it is not shown on the form. Thanks On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:00:40 +0100, Bob H <bob@despammer.com> wrote: Did you put the database in a Trusted Location (see help file)? -Tom. Microsoft Access M...

column/block/rectangular selection of text in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to the ability to select a column/block/rectangular selection of text by holding down the alt/option key in Word 2008? How do I make a vertical text selection? <br> Thanks in advance. <br> JBM "Nothing" and "The Same Way" :-) However various things may get in the way: Spaces is one, having the Toolbox open is another. Anything that distracts the focus from the document page can potentially interfere with the operation of this function. As usual, the ...

Sync'ing Outlook 2007 with Android Phones
I have ordered a new mobile phone. It's an HTC Desire which runs on the Android platform. According to the manual it can sync via USB with Outlook using a supplied program called HTC Sync. Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Android and Outlook and how it went. "Marts" <marts@ymail.com> wrote in message news:ej3at5tial21a3t3t0sfse95gtrvov87qu@astraweb.com... >I have ordered a new mobile phone. It's an HTC Desire which runs on the >Android > platform. > > According to the manual it can sync via USB with Outlook ...

Inserting today's date in Word 2007 document
Such a basic problem.....Word 2007.101 for sure. I am very new to Msft 2007 Suite. I cannot figure out where is the icon or link to simply insert the date at the top of a document. "Mort" <Mort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5091E35A-C90E-4429-8A4F-E3A0ECE20E0C@microsoft.com... > Such a basic problem.....Word 2007.101 for sure. > > I am very new to Msft 2007 Suite. > > I cannot figure out where is the icon or link to simply insert the date at > the top of a document. Errr "Insert" Tab (you want to INSERT some...

Money 2007 and Schedule D
Will Money deactivate my ability to do Schedule D (stock gains and losses) setups and printout if I own it for more that 2 years? The reason I'm asking is because this is the only thing I need from Money and would hate to have to buy this every 2 years because of some embedded time bomb that shuts this feature off. In microsoft.public.money, Relaxin wrote: >Will Money deactivate my ability to do Schedule D (stock gains and losses) >setups and printout if I own it for more that 2 years? > >The reason I'm asking is because this is the only thing I need from Money &...

Using one column to trigger an other
I know very little about spread sheets as you will soon learn. I am making a spread sheet to sort a grocery list for two different stores by aisle and department. The items to be sorted are in column A, the quantity to purchase in column B, the aisle #s in column C for one store and D for the other. I want to be able to impute in Column B and only sort the imputed cells row in Column C and D. This will produce a printable list of only the item want in a sorted list for either store. I have the spread sheet and can sort each column but when I sort it I also get the un-marked rows of colum...

Using Macros in custom touch-screen keyboard
I have a macro saved in the Alt-F1 spot. We use the custom touch screen keyboard. I see that I have all the macros available (it lists Macro 1 - macro 24) but I can not figure out how to get the macro that I have saved to show up on my custom touchscreen keyboard. If I use the regular touch screen keyboard I can see where it has saved my macro, but if I switch to the custom touch screen keyboard I loose it. Is there any way to link the macro that we have to one of the macros (1-24) listed on the custom touch-screen keyboard? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 SP2: Scheduled appts don't appear in some views
OUTLOOK 2007 SP2 - and up-to-date - running on Vista Ultimate SP2 & a very recent Dell studio desktop. Problem just started a week ago. Previously OK. Appointments created and set as 'all day' appear in Monthly view. Appointments created and set w/ scheduled times appear in Weekly or Daily view, but not in Monthly. Can get it one way or the other, not both, by changing from 'all day' to sched. times. Do not have this problem on work laptop which also runs Outlook 07, albeit on XP Pro SP3. Do not sync desktop with anything - at least not in past 2 months. Have...

Text alignment using ESC sequence
I am trying to print receipt using OPOS. I want to print Items on the left and the prices on the right. I tried the followings, but they don't work... printNormal "Item 1" + ESC|rA + "123.45" printNormal ESC|N + "Item 1" + ESC|rA + "123.45" printNormal ESC|N + "Item 1" + CR + ESC|rA + "123.45" + ESC|N printNormal ESC|N + "Item 1" ; printNormal ESC|rA + "123.45" + ESC|N The printer always print 'everything' on the right. I tried with bold, and wide characters, and they behave as it suppose to be. T...

word 2003 as email editor in outlook 2003
Hello I have word 2003 sp2, outlook 2003 sp2 and xp sp2 home edition. When I reply to an e-mail I'd like to use word 2003 as e-mail editor. So I checked "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages." in Tools > Options > Mail Format. But on clicking Reply button on the Standard toolbar I get the follwing message "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correc...