typing on both sides of a table/other

Hi!

I'd like to make "memory-cards" for my classes, where I put questions
on one side of a square-shaped table, and the answers on the other
side.

I'd like these square shaped parts of the document not too big so it's
room for several on one page. Then I can print them, and then cut them
making them equal in size.

BUT I can't figure out how to type on both sides.

Any help here?

Thanks in advance.

--
krusetruse
0

Insert a table on page 1 and an identical table on page 2. Make sure that
margins are equal all round. Set the table rows to exact height to fill the
page margin to margin. Format the borders to print (a very pale grey that is
just visible when printed). In the cells, type 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Print the paper in DUPLEX or if you don't have a duplex printer, print page
1 and then replace in the printer and print page 2 on the reverse.

The result will enable you to see if the tables are correctly aligned -
adjust table position if needed.
The numbers will show you which front cell matches which obverse cell. Enter
your data to match. If needed, you can rotate your text direction on one
page.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"krusetruse" <krusetruse.5b629bf@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi!
>
> I'd like to make "memory-cards" for my classes, where I put questions
> on one side of a square-shaped table, and the answers on the other
> side.
>
> I'd like these square shaped parts of the document not too big so it's
> room for several on one page. Then I can print them, and then cut them
> making them equal in size.
>
> BUT I can't figure out how to type on both sides.
>
> Any help here?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> krusetruse

0
Terry

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

password protected file with pivot table errors
Hey friends, We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file get ruined! In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to them). Fr...

Client-Side Lookup Question
Hello, We have a routine that runs when certain attributes on the order are filled in. So when the attributes are filled in and the users press the save button a message pops up confirming that they want to run this routine. One of the citeria for running the routine is that the opportunity that the order is associated to must be closed. Right now there is no checking for this. Is there a way through jscript that when they try to run the routine it will first go out and check if the associated opportunity is closed. If it is still open it pops up a message saying they must close ...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

How to create a table to qualify a qty discount in exel
Hi i'm creating a workbook to orginize stock, i'm not sure of how to create a table to give varying degress of discount according to the quatity bought ie: 5 items or less = no discount, 6 to 11 items =2% discount and so on, i have used an if statement so far but i'm not sure how it is meant to work in relation to the products and customers sheets, how does it all work together. Any help & guidence would be much appreciated. You can create yourself a lookup table, and use the vlookup formula. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_exce...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with?
why is there a maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with? is it really the count of indexes + statistics? I've seen plenty of documentation that states that typically DSS systems have twice as much index space as data space.. So I don't think that it's a case of 'over-indexing' I'm just tired of a crippled Jet front end and other people making me 'temporarily drop my indexes' so that they can link to my tables using Jet. has this bug gone away with Access 2007? Is it going away with Access 2010? ...

relationships of 3 tables
Greeings, I am creating a db to track who serves what function in what Sunday at church. So I think I need 3 tables. 1. people who serve 2. functions they serve 3. dates they serve Many people can serve many dates and many people can serve many functions on many dates. So do I have the three tables and then a join table for people/dates and a join table for people/function and a join table for dates and functions? And how do I structure them. I am thinking: tblPeople peopleID pk name tblFunction functionID pk functionName tblDate ...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Segment Description Table
I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup I then deleted the information from GL40200 opps need the account segments back I droped GL40200 and select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108 next step UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = ' ' I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information. Tool>Setup>financial>segment has no segment numbers i By the way version 9.0 The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry. You can either go to: Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or do a table import into the Segment Description Ma...

Chart
I currently am using Excel 97. I've created charts using links to source data that is in dollar and percent formats. But when they pull into the chart data table they do not show the proper format. For example: In the source data worksheet it shows 97%, but when it pulls into the data table for the chart it shows .97437373. If I open the link then it shows properly, but as soon as I close the link it goes back to the bad format. How can I fix this? -- lajohn63 It sounds like a formatting issue. You may need to add a step to round (see round function in help) "lajohn63" wro...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

Pivot table grouping problem #2
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl ...

IFS File Type Question
We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. Originally, the Information Store was located on the C: drive. We then installed a sepearate drive to house the Information Store and the log files are still written to the C: drive. In the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA directory, there are several files that are 256K each dating back to 11/2003 with a file extension of .IFS. There are also several of these files dating back to 4/2004 in the L:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\Employee Mailboxes folder on the L: drive where our information store is located. Can...

Cursor keeps repositioning itself when typing in Word
When I'm typing in Word 2007, on my laptop, using a mouse, the cursor keeps rempositioning itself if I stop typing for more than a second or two. It's an annoying problem as usually it repositions itself between some text I've already written. Anybody any ideas? Laptop Touchpad setting too senstive? DeanH "Gringo" wrote: > When I'm typing in Word 2007, on my laptop, using a mouse, the cursor keeps > rempositioning itself if I stop typing for more than a second or two. It's an > annoying problem as usually it repositions itself betwe...

how do i type a degree symble (like celcius)
1. Please use the large white space to ask your questions. 2. � is Alt+0186. Well, at least it is for Fahrenheit degrees. We don't do no stinkin' Celsius degree in these parts. I wish we did tho because then when my atomic clock says 32� (or lower) as it has done quite often the last week, I wouldn't be reaching for my woolen undies! ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD8FE725-2AD9-4D80-9F1D-3F0F53F1C175@microsoft.com... > 2103, alt+x (Arial Unicode) Otherwise, use the ...

Serializing array of objects of different types

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Copy data into a table (but not the formula)
Hi First of all I apologise if this has been asked before. What I want to know is it possible, and if so how does one do it, to d the following ? Copy data from a cell into another cell in a table but without having formula in the destination cell , e.g Say $b1 contains the name Fred and I want to place Fred into the $c cell but I don't want there to be a formula in $c5 asking for it tha will update the contents of $c5, if I change the value held in $b5, fo instance, I put Fred in $b1 and Fred appears in $c5, but then I pu another name, say Bert into $b1 and it goes to $c6, but the co...

SaveAs wk3 file type error message
I'm trying to convert an Excel worksheet to a Lotus 123, wk3, file format. I've had to use Excel 2003 as Excel 2007 no longer appears to offer the Lotus 123 file formats. When I do the SaveAs command in Excel 2003 an error is generated saying "You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting." Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? Ken Error message when you try to save a file in Excel 2007 or in Excel 2003: "You are attempting to save a file that is blocked by your registry policy setting" http://s...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

Possible to filter on attachment type?
Using Outlook 2003 Is there a way to enable Outlook to filter on attachments of certain types, such as .scr .pif & other undesireables? Thanks, Scott Kelley you can create rules that look for words in the header and it'll get some, but not all, of the messages with attachments. all undesirables are already blocked, so filtering only makes them easier to get rid of. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlo...