Two identical graphics, one visible in Draft view, the other not

A Word 2007 document contains several graphics (flowcharts) that were
created in Visio (2003), copied to the clipboard (Ctrl-C), and pasted
into the Word document (Ctrl-V).

I have been working on this document for some time as well as others
like it. I usually view these documents in Print View because the
graphics are not visible in Draft View (they display as empty white
space or the light blue field if selected).

Today, I happened to shift to Draft View and discovered that most, but
not all, of the graphics were visible. In one case, the same graphic
was in the document twice right next to each other. One was visible
and oine was not.

I did a little experimenting and discovered that the way it is pasted
in makes a difference. If I use Alt+Ctrl+V to paste and select
"Microsoft Visio Dreawing Object", it will be visible in both Print
and Draft View. If I select any other option, it is only visible in
Print View.

I discovered another anomoly. If I paste the graphic twice, one right
after the other, the first one will be visible in Draft View and the
second one will not.

Repeating this sequence, I copied the image from Visio, then used
Alt+Ctrl+V to paste it into Word taking the default option "Microsoft
Visio Dreawing Object". A second Alt+Ctrl+V shows only one option,
"Device Independent Bitmap".

Why do the paste options change?
0
Prof

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InvisibleGraphics.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in message
>A Word 2007 document contains several graphics (flowcharts) that were
> created in Visio (2003), copied to the clipboard (Ctrl-C), and pasted
> into the Word document (Ctrl-V).
>
> I have been working on this document for some time as well as others
> like it. I usually view these documents in Print View because the
> graphics are not visible in Draft View (they display as empty white
> space or the light blue field if selected).
>
> Today, I happened to shift to Draft View and discovered that most, but
> not all, of the graphics were visible. In one case, the same graphic
> was in the document twice right next to each other. One was visible
> and oine was not.
>
> I did a little experimenting and discovered that the way it is pasted
> in makes a difference. If I use Alt+Ctrl+V to paste and select
> "Microsoft Visio Dreawing Object", it will be visible in both Print
> and Draft View. If I select any other option, it is only visible in
> Print View.
>

> I discovered another anomoly. If I paste the graphic twice, one right
> after the other, the first one will be visible in Draft View and the
> second one will not.
>
> Repeating this sequence, I copied the image from Visio, then used
> Alt+Ctrl+V to paste it into Word taking the default option "Microsoft
> Visio Dreawing Object". A second Alt+Ctrl+V shows only one option,
> "Device Independent Bitmap".
>
> Why do the paste options change?

0
Suzanne

Update one table from another

Text to columns

Copying data from one chart to another

One Entry to Multiple Rows

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Viewing shared 2003 outlook calendar in 2007 Outlook
Shared calendars with colleagues who have 2003. I can see the calendar but not the info in the calendar. Nothing is provate marked from their side and is able to be seen by other 2003 users. is there a quick fix? ...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array one?
Hi, In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array? ....... CString strRst; unsigned short strOleChars[100]; strOleChars = strRst; //??? Thank you. Is ConvertStringToBSTR() what you are looking for? AliR. "David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6gbA3avFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short > array? > ...... > CString strRst; > unsigned short strOleChars[100]; > strOleChars = strRst; //??? > > Thank you. > > ...

Active Task View under Tasks
Hello. Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of my "Active Tasks" view. It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as the completed tasks (i.e. those that are lined out). Any help would be appreciated. -Lumas >-----Original Message----- >Hello. >Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of >my "Active Tasks" view. > >It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete >but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as t...

Identified problem printing graphics #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Well Can anyone explain this latest miserable problem with MS Word 2008? When I print a large document to my HP 6MP printer, the document prints fine BUT ONLY WHEN I PRINT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. The instant I print only a range of pages, it matters not if I start from the front or not, the graphics in the document do NOT print - even if they were generated by Word. Frankly I am sick with Microsoft's foisting off problematic software on us -- I only wish there were a real alternative choice! The real problem is that ...

Prevent copy and paste in one column
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying and pasting on the whole worksheet. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Application.CellDragAndDrop = False Application.CutCopyMode = False Else Application.CellDragAndDrop = True End If End Sub Works for me in Excel 2003 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42:01...

how do I turn off journal for one file #2
I have a number of excel files that run regularly. I how can I turn of individual files so they don't clutter my jouranl in Outlook? ...

about treeview in view window
hi I am trying to display treeview in view window.But unable to do that. When we call CTreeCtrl &tree=GetTreeCtrl(); it is giving error that GetTreeCtrl is undeclared idenifier.So any one can tell ,how i have done this. I don't want to use App Wizard step 6 Base Class TreeView Class. Arbind your view window should be a CTreeView,GetTreeCtrl() is the member function of CTreeView,but not CView. "Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:OOePU1iXDHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi > > I am trying to display treevi...

OWA/Exch 2k7 Sent email going directly to draft
Hello, I'm trying a test setup of Exchange 2007 with OWA. When I try to send an email, it going directly to the draft folder. No error, no message in queue when using the queus file viewer. Do you have any idea where to look to fing more information about this problem ? Ok found the problem. MSExchangeMailSubmission service was stopped... remi.giroux@gmail.com a =E9crit : > Hello, > > I'm trying a test setup of Exchange 2007 with OWA. When I try to send > an email, it going directly to the draft folder. No error, no message > in queue when using the queus file viewe...

Pivot Table from two worksheets
I am trying to create a pivot table from two worksheets. Each workshee represents different accounts from which I am tracking expenses. I hav these columns on both sheets: Type of Expense (labeled A, B, C, D) Date, Description, and Amount. I want the pivot table to organize all of the data from both sheet according to Type of Expense and show the Date, Description, and Amoun under each Type of Expense. I can get it to organize it by Type o Expense and show a total for each, but how do I get it to show thi additional information? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...

cannot receive incoming messages in one of my 2 mail boxes
Hello out there I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE for years without any problem. For the past week it's been total silence from one of my two OE mail boxes. No incoming mails whatsoever,but I can send mails from it. I'm awaiting important mails which have apparently been sent correctly. I've even tested sending mails to it from my other (functionning) mailbox. But nothing arrives. Can anyone suggest anything? Moira moira hamon wrote: > Hello out there > > I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2...

Doc/View architecture (SDI) first view
Hi, I would like for some reasons be able to create the first initial view of my SDI application and I don't know how to do it. For now here is the standard code : = CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), // main SDI frame wnd pViewClass ); if (!pDocTemplate) { return FALSE; } AddDocTemplate(pDocTemplate); // Parse command line for standard shell commands, DDE, file open CCommandLineInfo cmdInfo; ParseCommandLine(cmdInfo); // Dispatch commands specified on the command line....

Is possible to have two internet domains
I have two internet domains, domain1.com and domain2.com for example, i want to receive and send mail from both domains, is possible to make this configuration? Thanks Yes, it is but what your asking is vague. Are you setting up exchange, outlook, or what ? "Paul Hernandez" wrote: > I have two internet domains, domain1.com and domain2.com for example, i want > to receive and send mail from both domains, is possible to make this > configuration? > > Thanks In this moment i just thinking how to configure this, i have domain1.com and domain2.com, and i want t...