Standard toolbar

How can i setup my standard toolbar so that when i place the envelope
and labels icon on it, it will always appear in my toolbar after i
restart or shutdown my computer.  Every time i reopen word i have to
place the icon back on the toolbar.
0
Jason

It helps to know which version of Word you are using?

But it sounds like your normal.dot is not being saved when you close Word.
Make sure that 'Prompt before saving normal template' option is enabled and
then when you close Word, make sure you are getting the prompt and answer
YES.

If not, let us know which version of Word and how you are editing your
toolbar.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jason Marino" <jmarino@tekcoon.com> wrote in message
> How can i setup my standard toolbar so that when i place the envelope and
> labels icon on it, it will always appear in my toolbar after i restart or
> shutdown my computer.  Every time i reopen word i have to place the icon
> back on the toolbar.

0
Terry

CEdit in Toolbar VC 6.0 Question
Hello, I have a CEdit control in a toolbar. I am trying to change the value of a variable in the application's document and I think I am going about it the wrong way although it seems to work. Here is what I have in my MDI app: in CMainFrame I have the following message map that I had to add manually since I could not app wizard so that for me. ON_EN_CHANGE(ID_ROT_ANGLE_EDIT, OnRotAngleChange) void CMainFrame::OnRotAngleChange() { char str[3]; int nRotationAngle; m_wndToolBar.m_wndRotationAngle.GetWindowText(str,3); nRotationAngle = atoi(str); CFrameWnd* pFrame = (CFrameWnd...

Toolbar lowlights
I just installed Office 2003 and when I am in Outlook most of my toolbar is lowlighted (forward, reply, reply all, etc). How can I get these options turned on? Thanks did you activate it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups...

How to prevent "Reviewing" toolbar from "automatically" appearing?
Each time I open an existing file in Excel, the "Reviewing" toolbar shows up as a second rown of menu options at the top of my worksheet. I rarely use this toolbar and would rather it not automatically appear. I know how to go into "View:Tools" and uncheck the "Reviewing" toolbar box to make it dissappear for a single work session, but is there a setting that will allow me to turn off this toolbar permantly unless I specifically ask for it to reappear? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0009.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from th...

How to untick options in toolbars.
Hi All, i want to untick the standard,formating,Borders etc. options i toolbars list option. see the attachment. Thanks&Regards, Amar.. +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Untick Toolbar list option....doc |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3941 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- aredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2820 View t...

Albion 100-18 Air-Powered Standard Line
Price:$150.00 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000KUBJIW Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000KUBJIW 100-18 Air-Powered Standard Line - 20 oz Sausage w/ Teflon Piston. Industry: Serious Sealant Applicator. Pressure Generated: 120 psi Best for most popular size, Capacity: 20 oz Material Type: All Single & Slow Cure Two Component, Drive Type: Single Action Air. Barrel Diameter (inches): 2, Barrel Length (inches): 14 ...

Credit Detail Issue with 2005 Standard
There is a issue with Money 2005 standard - you can not access or change the credit details on your credit card accounts (interest rate, credit limit, etc.) The solution is to spend more on the Deluxe or Premium or to return the product - not really great solutions in my opinion! Okay, that was one of my future items to deal with. I agree it is pretty lame of them to lock out the fields (even if they don't allow you to do anything with it in the Standard Version). ...

Toolbar disappearing
Hello, I am having a problem when I close Outlook and re-open it and the CRM tool bar disappears. If I click on the Microsoft CRM folder it will display a Page Can Not be Displayed page. I have been instructed to remove the Microsoft add-in and to try and add it again (crmaddin.dll file) and it works but once you close outlook and reopen it will disappear again. Any suggestions. WinXP using Office2003. Have you installed the 47 patch rollup for the outlook client from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748a2&DisplayLang=en ...

toolbar #4
I would like to add something similarly to the VC++. I don't know what it would be called and maybe that will help if I did know. Anyway, in Visual C++ (older version) there is a bar below the toolbar that has CComboBoxes in them. What is this called and how can I add it to my application? Thanks Al -- Just Al I have been messing around and found that it called a wizard bar in VC++. I still need help in tring to add this to my application. Could someone please help Thanks! -- Just Al "Al" wrote: > I would like to add something similarly to the VC++. I don't kno...

How To Change the Caption of a ToolBar
Hey Friends I need to change the caption of a Toolbar for which i am using SetWindowText,but that does not causes the captiuon to change immediately.I have To Dock It and again Float it then i find that the caption is changed. May be I need to Invalidate the Non Client Area as well.Plz Help....... Try this instead: ::SetWindowText(m_wndToolBar.GetParentFrame()->m_hWnd, "Changed Title"); This would work for when it is floating. Check for floating condition before calling this, otherwise it will change the text of the mainframe. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com...

Chart Standard Deviation
I am trying to chart a bell curve, or what might be called the normal distribution of a set of data. I want to show the standard deviation of this data. I can calculate the standard deviation easy enough. Can I easily chart the data? Stephen - You need to add three vertical lines to your chart. One at the mean, and one each at the mean � the standard deviation. Use one of these techniques for the lines: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html I'd use the error bar approach, and use the values of the points as data labels to augment the existing X axis. - Jon ---...

how to add text to toolbar
To all, I have added a combobox to my toolbar for addresses, similar to IE. Now I want to say "address" to the left of the combobox. What is the best way to implement this? What is the easiest? Thanx in advance, Reza Just add a CStatic and put whatever caption you want. It will be similar to how you added a CComboBox. You also should look at example MFCIE which mimics an IE app using MFC. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "reza razavipour" <rrazavipour@stbernard.com> wrote in message news:eJrR$sXHEHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > To all, >...

Auto Increment the ToolBar date
Does anyone have an idea on how I can auto increment the date on the ToolBar each night at the stroke of midnight? I'v'e tried to use vba code to do this but I've not been successfull. The real problem I seem to have is that the "BeforeModalDialog" is not executing. I don't see my msgbox text ever... Any tips greatly appreciated! Kevin ===== Private Sub Window_BeforeModalDialog(ByVal DlgType As Long, PromptString As String, Control1String As String, Control2String As String, Control3String As String, Answer As Long) msgbox "Selected" If Left(PromptSt...

Viewing toolbar
In Excel 2003 how do you customize the toolbar to show all icons on screen without having it abreviated with some shown off screen (>>)? Thanks, Craig In Excel, click on Tools | Customize | Options | check the "Always show full menus" box | OK. Craig wrote: > In Excel 2003 how do you customize the toolbar to show all icons on screen > without having it abreviated with some shown off screen (>>)? > > Thanks, > > Craig > > ...

GTHRSVC Folder in exchange 2003 standard
Hi, On the root directory i have a folder named gthrsvc with temporary mails and various files (ppt, wmv, etc). It just keeps adding up... This foldes is related with Microsoft Search Service and with the indexing of PIS (Private Information Store). There is a hotfix for the 2000 version, not for the 2003 one. Do any of you know of a workaround for this issue or a hotfix for the 2003 version? Thank you in advance for you help. Anyone??? Please? :p "Ic4RuS" <Ic4RuS@microsoft.pt> wrote in message news:%23pKwHgf7GHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > On the ...

How to put back ZIGMA icon on the toolbar?
I had the icon before Before when and what version of Excel? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:05:04 -0800, Hamid Sarpash <Hamid Sarpash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had the icon before In xl2003 (and below)... You can reset the Standard toolbar (losing all your modifications to this toolbar) via: Tools|Customize|Toolbars tab select Standard Click Reset If you wanted, you could add that sigma icon back to any toolbar--including the standard toolbar via: Tools|customize|commands tab|Insert category (on the left hand side) Scroll...

How can I restore missing toolbar in Excel 97?
I have a problem, but only with my MS Excel program, that is a part of my Office 97 package. I run Win 98SE operating system. I cannot seem to find out how to get my Title bar back, or my Taskbar back, when I am in Excel. If I knew what I did to lose them, I think I would know how to retrieve them. I tried closing the file I was working in, and reopening Excel to another file, and every file in Excel is now without title bar or lower taskbar. All other programs still work fine. I'm not sure which toolbar you lost, but if you look for any files that end in xlb, as in *.xlb, and de...

Exchange 2003 standard
Greetings! How can I determine if SP2 is installed on a Exchange 2003 server? On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:53:04 -0500, TedN <tdstr@foadspammer.com> wrote: >Greetings! > >How can I determine if SP2 is installed on a Exchange 2003 server? Properties of the server object in ESM or run ExBpa against the server. Open Exchange System Manager, drill down and click on the Servers container. All servers will be listed along with details such as which SP is applied. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (R...

Key Product not being requignized for Office Product Standard Tri
Please help after I registered for free trial Office Project Standard it is not requignizing product key given to me ...

Assign a Custom Toolbar to only one WorkBook
Need Help: I am trying to assign a custom toolbar to only one workbook. The custom toolbar consists of several buttons each of which has a macros assigned. The macros are such that they only can be used in the one workbook. I CAN get the toolbar assigned to the workbook I want, but, the problem is that the toolbar is also assigned to every other existing workbook??? Any thoughts would be appreciated, ken Ken, the absolute best way to do this is to build the toolbar using VBA. http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=427 :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeAr...

Migration from Server 2003 Standard to SBS 2008
Hi, During the Migration I receive the following message on the destination server: Run the Migration Prep Tool on the Source Server I already did following on the source server: adprep /forestprep dprep /domainprep adprep /domainprep /gpprep execute sourcetool.msi What shall I do else on the source server to overcome this message during the migration on the destination server? (Run the Migration Prep Tool on the Source Server) Thanks O. On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:28:50 +0200, "Olaf Coolic" <1@2.3> wrote: >Hi, > >During the Migration I rec...

How to create a toolbar like Word 2000?
I want to add a toolbar including text aligning and font setting.I think MS must has predefined them,But I couldn't find them.I didn't get any help in MSDN too.I must implement them by myself totally? > I want to add a toolbar including text aligning and font setting.I > think MS must has predefined them,But I couldn't find them.I didn't get > any help in MSDN too.I must implement them by myself totally? Word and other office products do not use the standard toolbars. All that is internal to MSFT(at least so far). However, all that functionality can be reproduced us...

Toolbars for Word
Does anyone know how to extend (resize) the toolbars for Word in Mac? The toolbars I use only cover half of the screen width. I can see the desktop behind the toolbars. I have tried to click and hold the lower right side of the toolbar to drag it across the screen but that doesn't work. I am thinking that it is a simple fix that I am just not seeing. Thanks. The toolbars will stretch automatically if they need to: to make them longer, put more items on them! This, of course assumes that each toolbar is only one row high. If it isn't, drag the lower right corner up and to the righ...

Quick Access Toolbar
Thin Client (WYSE) does not save my setting for QAT. Each morning when logging in they have been reset to default. Is there a way to save the settings? ...

Is there a way via GPO to remove the "Reply to All" option on the Standard Menu but keep in the Drop Down
I am looking for a way via Group Policy to remove the "Reply to All" button in Outloook 2000 and 2003 but keep the option active in the Drop Down menu (Actions/Reply to All). I've tested via Sue Mosher's solution using GPO but the Control ID 355 ties both functionality together. Is there a way to do the above via policy? Thanks Ariel magic1_aad@yahoo.com No, there is no way to do that with Group policy. Why would you want to = remove it in one place but not in all?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Adm...

Toolbar missing in Excel
Hello, When I double-click on a .xls file the Excel app opens but the toolbar with File, Edit, View etc is not viewable. This occurs on ANY excel file I open in this fashion. However, when I open Excel from Start menu that toolbar is there as expected....Any ideas? Thanks, Steve - feeble attempt/ideas: tools, options, general: check file locations - right click empty spot in toolbar/top, customize, toolbars, reset (note, if sharing changes in tool bars, can make replica of main tool bars, by hand, and put your name to them: a ed edit... "Steve P." wrote: > Hello, Wh...