Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)

Hi group,

I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how
can I achieve this?

For example, in Latex I could do something like this:

F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ...

Cheers
-Ralf
0
ralf

as a work-around I came up with a trick:

I used a single Matrix column with 3 rows - inserted the single "|" on
the right-hand side - I put the actual equation in the centre of the
matrix field and the other matrix fields I left empty ... the result
looks pleasing

Cheers
-Ralf

On Feb 1, 1:15=A0pm, "ralf.schaa" <ralf.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how
> can I achieve this?
>
> For example, in Latex I could do something like this:
>
> F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ...
>
> Cheers
> -Ralf

0
ralf
2/1/2010 2:30:05 AM
You can select the part of the equation you want to have bigger/larger, then
select 'Normal Text' from the Equations 'Design' tab and change the font
size on the 'Home' tab. There are two things to consider here, in case of
brackets, it might select everything up to the corresponding open/close
bracket. In such a case you will have to ensure that they don't act as
balanced brackets. Also, changing the size of parts inside an equation can
result in growing surrounding brackets.

Yves

"ralf.schaa" <ralf.schaa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi group,
>
> I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how
> can I achieve this?
>
> For example, in Latex I could do something like this:
>
> F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ...
>
> Cheers
> -Ralf

0
Yves

Adding automaticly recipents-Outlook 2007
Hi. I want to know how to do the next thing in outlook 2007: for examlpe- I have 20 diffrent files. when I drag a file to a new mail message,I want that outlook to automaticly add the recipent according to the file I attached. of course I need to define some kind of role to know each file will go to where. example: file named: "report.doc" will automatic send(add the recipent) to john@gmail.com and danny@yahoo.com. file named: "sales.pdf" will automatic send to dave@hotmail.com ,etc... thanks. See the AttachmentAdd event of the Mailitem. With that it shou...

Trying to reference MS Word from VB.NET
I am trying to make the below code work: Dim WordApp As New Word.Application() Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim thisDoc As New Word.Document() thisDoc = WordApp.Documents.Add With thisDoc ..Range.InsertAfter(“Printing with Word”) ..Paragraphs.Item(1).Range.Font.Bold = True ..Paragraphs.Item(1).Range.Font.Size = 14 ..Range.InsertParagraphAfter() ..Paragraphs.Item(2).Range.Font.Bold = False ..Paragraphs.Item(2).Range.Font.Size = 12 ..Range.InsertAfter(“This is the first line of the test printout”) .....

View Custom Toolbar in Excel 2007
I have an Excel 2003 file that contains a custom toolbar. In Excel 2003 the custom toolbar is displayed and I can just click the buttons on that toolbar to run my macros. When I open the file in Excel 2007 I can find no way to display that custom toolbar. In fact, the only way that I have found to access my macros is to go into View Macros and run them that way, which isn't going to cut it. Is there a way in Excel 2007 to re-create the Excel 2003 functionality, perhaps by building a custom ribbon and putting buttons for my macros on that ribbon? I just need some way to make the...

Looks like a bug with copy\paste from cmd to word.
WinXP 5.1.2600 SP3 Build 2600, and word 2007 v12.0 bulid 6514 When I paste from CMD to Word, space between letters and "%" symbol disappears; for example every time I copy from cmd something like "md %xxx%' and paste it into word, I get "md%xxx%" Is it a bug? or it is a kind of feature? Thanks "Dmitry" <Dmitry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1025A22-6BFF-486A-B92B-8FCBC7BB1E81@microsoft.com... > WinXP 5.1.2600 SP3 Build 2600, and word 2007 v12.0 bulid 6514 > When I paste from CMD to Word, space between letter...

Moving Office 2007 settings from an XP machine to a Windows 7 ma
Recently built a new machine, and want to move settings (including customizations and outlook rules, mailboxes and accounts) to the new machine. As noted in the title, the old machine is an XP Pro box, the new machine is running Windows 7. I’d rather not move macros and add-ins all at once (something is causing a problem and I’d like to install one at a time), but the Outlook set up and little tweaks (e.g., customization changes, style sets) will be a PITA to redo manually. I found a dizzying array of answers via Google, but none seemed to apply. Wasn’t there a built-in too...

export graphics & text to word or excel
Everytime I try to put my Publisher 2002 docment to Word or excel I get "goblty gook". I tried saving it as a jif, tif, bmp, etc. but none of them will open in Word or Excel 98. What am I doing wrong?????? I want to make a document with the post we made, plus a map, and a schedule and be able to e-mail it to people who do not have publisher. HELP!!! -- Ferret Mom Once you convert the Publisher document into an image, you then can insert it into the Word document. You can't open an image, you can view an image. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

How do I merge an Excel mailing List with Microsoft Word Document
I have columns or in the old DOS version "fields" where I have placed first name, Last name, street address, City, State and Zip. In addition I have a field for the Salutation which may contain more than one first name, i.e. Mary and Joe. I want to merge these individual rows in excel into a Word document. Kookie For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for c...

Remarks field character size
I have been looking at changing the caracter size of the Remarks field on the PO. I have been getting some feed back that I shouldn't do that because its going to make the database unstable. The current size of the Remarks field is set to 30 characters and it just don't cut it for the PO. If we have to add a special instruction we can't. Does any one know anything about the stability issue or how to increase the character size? Regards, -- Microsoft Partner Don't they explain this stuff when you become a "Microsoft Partner"? "Yaniv Zahavi" &l...

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

Exchange Email Size Limit Question
Is there any thread on bringing the server down if I remove the size limit on some of my Exchange accoutns?? I'll apreciate your comments. Isaias Formacio "Isaias Formacio Serna" <none@mail.com> wrote: >Is there any thread on bringing the server down if I remove the size limit >on some of my Exchange accoutns?? 1. You may exceed the 16GB database size limit on a standard server 2. You may run out of disk space on an enterprise server -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Global Template Message Pops Up When Opening Word 2007
I just made modifications to the Normal.dotm file in Word 2007. Everything seemed to be going well, up until I opened Word 2007 again. Now every time I start Word, a dialogue box appears with the following message: 'The Global template, NORMAL.DOTM, is already open as an add-in program'. My only option is to click on 'OK' and then it disappears. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message??? Sounds like you have a copy of Normal.dotm (or a shortcut to it) in the Word or Office Startup folder? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Ty...

How do I change the action of button in Access 2007 contact list?
I need to change the email address manually when I click the "send email" button to create new email directly from Contact List of Access 2007 as the default email address is including the receiver name (name + emal address was recognized as wrong email address by Windows Live Mail). How to change the default setting of Access 2007? -- THANKS & BEST REGARDS, Nguyen Tung Director of Sales and Marketing --------------------------------------- THIENTHAONGUYEN TRANSPORTATION CO., No181 Dai Tu Str,Hoang Mai Dist,Hanoi,Vietnam Tel :(84.4) 36410 577 - 107 /...

Secondary protection DPM 2007 11-12-09
Hi I have a primary and a secondary DPM server. All my 19 protected servers on my primary DPM server is backed up ok. When I try to enable secondary protection it goes ok on 17 server of those 19. There are two servers that I can't enable secondary protection. I get the following error code: DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from <Server name> Ensure that the Windows Management Information (WMI) service NO_PARAM is started and is accessible from the DPM server. ID: 346 The error code isn't published on TechNet so this makes it more ...

How do I make landline phone calls via Outlook 2007?
Outlook 2007 has the facility to dial the phone number of an Outlook Contact but I presume that this requires some hardware ( a phone modem?). Can anyone please explain, or point me to a URL that explains, how I can make the facility work? I sense that I will need to know:- 1. What hardware I will need. 2. Where I can buy that hardware. 3. Whether I will need software additional to Outlook 2007 Any help would be gratefully received. Outlook has no such facility. You must provide a voice modem and the software to support it to dial and talk from your PC. Whether that third party s...

How to change word back to normal from a simplyfied version?

how do i save a new address typed on an envelop in word 2003
i want to save the address i type on an envelop under the envelop and labels under tools. Save it where? You could add the envelope to a document and save the document or You could use an envelope template - see the link at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm and create and save an envelope document including the address. or You could save the address in Outlook and insert the address from the addressbook function in the envelope/label dialog, which stores recent addresses. To do this Outlook must be your default e-mail application. -- <>...

Money 2007 is not allowing manual match on transactions in the register
I have a credit card account that is setup to download transactions online. Some of the transactions I have downloaded appear in bold, and are duplicates of existing transactions which are not bold, and are not marked cleared or reconciled or even marked as 'E'. Money failed to match these transactions automatically. When I tried to click 'Change' to match up manually, the *only* transactions that appear as viable matches are coming from the 'Bills' list. None of the transactions already in the account are listed, so I can't actually match them. Even if ...

Can you use company address for Word mail merging
When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. Is that possible Hi, This is possible and can be achieved using .Net. Ram "KWalker" wrote: > When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the > address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer > "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. > > Is that possible ...

Outlook 2007: changing any attendee sends updates to all attendees
I have seen several questions pertaining to this problem, but did not see a resolution in any of them. Please help! When I make any changes to the meeting attendees (add/remove), I only have the options to 'Save and Send Update' (which goes to all attendees) or 'Do not save changes'. Adding isn't such a problem because I can forward the invite and it eliminates the problem, but I cannot find any sort of work around for removing an attendee. I am using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). I do not know if I have any add-ins, I do not k...

Workgroup Templates in Pub 2007
We are trying to add some Business card templates to all of our users. We have a workgroup template folder setup and the templates are located there. Word and Excel can read the workgroup templates folder but Publisher does not see the templates located there. Is there a way to get these templates to work for publisher in the workgroup templates folder? ...

Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public Folder
Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as data within those folders for test purposes? thanks in advance On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:09:20 -0800, RP <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as >data within those folders for test purposes? > >thanks in advance OUtlook is a good one. Its actually for performance purposes. I'm looking for a tool to create a large amount of test data. Is there a programatic way to do this through Outlook? "Andy David {MVP}&qu...

Using an equation to count non-duplicated items in column
I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this column by using a formula? Thanks for any assistance, Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com. Thanks, carla carla Try Chip Pearson's site........ http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique BTW. The customary response is to the News Group, not email. That way we all learn. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On 28 Aug 2003 14:30:58 -0700, cbr@saturnsea.com (carla) wrote: >I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as...

I want to pirnt the document in a smaller size.
I have 2 page in Document Imaging. I want to print those two pages in a single page. Can I do that and how? ...

Pass control name from Access to Word and save text in the control
I've posted this twice in Access forms coding and had no luck. Maybe someone here can help me. Thanks. Novice Word 2003, Access 2003, XP Pro I have some four subforms each with a command button that opens a document in MS Word and renames it. The user then enters or adds text to the Word document. When they close Word, I want to save the text in the Word document into a memo field in Access. I don't know how to pass the control name to MS Word and then save the text back to that control. I don't want to use the form names so that the subforms can be used in ...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...