Saved to invalid directory-is there a way to access the document?

Hi There

I'm using Word 2007 and attempted to review an interview document only to
find I had saved it to an 'invalid directory'.  The document I need was saved
to a document I had been reviewing previously so now the file name has both
..doc and .zip listed in the file name.

Has anyone ever had this happen before?  Do you know if it's possible to
change the name of the file so I can access it?  Any help you can provide
would be appreciated more than you know.

LaniesMom wrote:
> Has anyone ever had this happen before?  Do you know if it's possible to
> change the name of the file so I can access it?  Any help you can provide
> would be appreciated more than you know.

If it is in Word format just open it in Word again and resave it. If it
was the last thing you were working on and it is in your document
history you can just do Alt-F and press 1. To rename it you can just
click on the file and hit F2 and type a new name for it as long as the
file isn't already open by Word or locked by another process (in which
case it will need to be closed first).

Regards,
Ben
0
Ben

Read Only Access Second time opening
I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and modify the file once but if I close it and open it again it wont allow me write access, but only read access to this file. Any ideas? Try cleaning up your windows temp folder and then reopen your workbook. You may have to reboot. Rebecca wrote: > > I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. > > I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and > modify the file once but if I close it and open it again > it wont allow me write access, but only read access ...

Best way to play Video files on an Access form?
Hello, My client has an Access front end with an SQL Server back end that will be storing Videos. The client wants to play those videos on an Access form. I know I can use Windows Media Player, but just wondering if anyone has experience doing this that has some insight on what the best way to handle this is. I know Media Player can be a bit of a pig, so if there is a better solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks! Rico ...

Disk Access
Hello to all. I just upgrade to Outlook 2003 from 2000. When it is left open for a few minutes my hard drive led starts to turn on and off. The hard drive is being accessed in the background in little spurts. I know it's Outlook because when I shut it down it stops. It has happened everytime I've launched Outlook. I've shut down my internet (thinking it was sending info. somewhere) and the drive keeps ticking. It is too uniform to be normal drive access. Almost keeps a steady '1,2,3,4-stop' beat. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks in advance. CP When Ou...

Active Directory Users in Outlook
Is there a way to use the Active Directory users as Outlook contacts? Since we must enter all of our users in Active Directory, it would be nice if we could also enter their email address in Active Directory (there's a place for it in the user properties), and have that available to everyone once they're entered. Thanks for the help! David Set up an LDAP directory using the AD as the source. ----- David wrote: ---- Is there a way to use the Active Directory users as Outlook contacts? Sinc we must enter all of our users in Active Directory, it would be nice i...

saving data as access97 format
Is saving data as access97 format possible using Access2002? If yes, how is it done? Or how would i modify the application so it would read Access2002 file? Hello, Yes you can convert an Access97 to Access2002 Format : Go to Tools-> Database Utilities-> Convert Database-> To Access97 File Format Regards, "James" <jtnchang@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:050e01c34f5a$7d59bd70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is saving data as access97 format possible using > Access2002? If yes, how is it done? Or how would i > modify the application so it would read Access200...

Missing "Save Embedded Files dialog box"
I am using Frontpage 2003 (portable). After replacing my harddrive and reinstalling Frontpage 2003 I am unable to upload pictures to my website. The "Save Embedded Files dialog box" is missing and does not come up after adding a new picture to a page and saving. Suggestions? Import your images into FP web/site first (into folder of your choice), then place them into your design...you will never have a problem doing it this way. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "USKDMMA" <USKDMMA@discussions.micro...

Preventing other users saving another version of protected workboo
I have protected a workbook with locked cells and unlocked cells that can be edited. I would like to prevent the user from "saving as" and abusing the protection. Is this possible? Saving As will not alter the protection. "Laura Cook" <laura.cook@strand.ltd.uk.(nospam)> wrote in message news:B8ED3CA2-108C-48D3-8D08-FA233E136A7B@microsoft.com... >I have protected a workbook with locked cells and unlocked cells that can >be > edited. I would like to prevent the user from "saving as" and abusing the > protection. Is this possible? ...

easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?
I just took on a client who sends me a multipage spreadsheet weekly with movie times for his 10 theatres. My guess is he just deletes the information from the previous weeks row and adds a new row. His sheet really only needs about 16 columns and maybe 20 rows. The sheets he sends have upwards of 1500 rows and columns. Many of the rows are in between the actual text rows as well. I convert this to a webpage and post to his site. Problem is the sheets are so large they take forever to clean up (in GoLive) and much too long to do by hand. Is there an easy way to delete all rows with no text in...

can only see local machine users when trying to add users allowed for remote desktop access
Hi, I have a windows 2003 server on my network(its actually a virtual machine running on windows server 2008), that I have enabled remote access to (via properties of 'My Pc/Remote') In the permission of the remote user tab, I can not find any domain users, if I try to change location it only allows me to see the local machine, and if i enter manually the domain\user name it always rejects it. I can see the entire network when I browse the network from file explorer and I can access shares on remotes machines with no problem, so I am on the network and authenticat...

save as,
hi, is there any way that i can save a copy of my document, in vba cod under a new name, and not change my open document to the new name /jock -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jocke Have a look at the SaveCopyAs-method. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "jocke >" <<jocke.155t56@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:jocke.155t56@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, is there any way that i can save a copy of my document, in vba code > under a new name, and not change my open document to the new name > &g...

Saving normal.pub?
I want to set default font size for new text boxes (publisher 2003). Where do I save normal.pub? JoelM <JoelM@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to set default font size for new text boxes (publisher 2003). > Where do I save normal.pub? C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Office -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Hello I also want to do this. I tried saving it there, it didn't work. (The new publication created did not retain the text box settings. I tested it by putting a text box on the page with &...

put 1/2 page merge on top of page, repeat at bottom to save paper
How can put 1/2 page merge on top of page, repeat at bottom to save paper If you have Word 2000 or above, your best bet is to use "2 pages per sheet" under "Multiple pages" on the Paper tab of Page Setup. This gives you two logical pages on a single sheet of paper. You can create a single page and then copy/paste the content into page 2 or (more simply), just put 1,1 in the Pages box in the Print dialog to print page 1 twice on a sheet. Please note that this is NOT the "2 pages per sheet" option in the Print dialog, which reduces a single page to fi...

Cannot access read-only document 'filename.xls'
I keep getting this error message, and am completely unable to open the file in question. It has happened on 3 files that I use regularly. They are not stored on a network drive - they are stored in My documents. They are not saved as read-only. What's going on? Help! Thanks. ...

Can't access 'accounts'
Until a week ago, I had three E-mail accounts coming into my Windows Mail. Now only one does but I get no error messages. In MS Mail I've tried to access Tools-Accounts but I get nothing - no window opens, no error message. 'Accounts' is not greyed-out in the menu bar suggesting I shoould be able to access it but MS Mail doesn't let me do it. Any suggestions (I'm accessing MS Mail from an administrator account) You can try compacting and repairing the database. See www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ steve "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

CRM with Access 2003
1.) I am trying to create a contact database. What insights and processes do you recommend? 2.) Can I alter the Templates we recieve from the Microsoft website? 3.) Can we transfer contacts from Outlook and information from Excel into Access? a. If so, how? 4.) Can multiple users be on a specific contact at the same time? 5.) Can we interchangeably use different Microsoft Access versions after we create a database (i.e., open a database that was created on Access 2003 on Access 2007) ? 6.) Can we mail merge? Best way to Query? Do we need to set up any macros or filters? --...

How do I view and edit two powerpoint documents at the same time?
Hello, i have just updated to office 2007. I am working on apresentation, and want to view two powerpoint documents at the same time. Eg, my version and the group version at the same time. Whenever i click on a document in the start bar, it just replaces the other document, I cannot view the two powerpoint documents side by side. I am sure this is just a setting I have not changed on my powerpoint, as in Word I can view two documents at the same time fine. Thank you for any help. In article <77EE398A-7971-46F7-9A6B-850CCF7105ED@microsoft.com>, Kaod55 wrote: > Hello, ...

Access
I would like to consecutively number an Access report each time it runs so that I know how many times this report has run. Can anyone help? You'll need to store the number of times each report is opened in a table, ReportLog say, with columns such as ReportName (text) and RunNumber (number). Initially enter a row for each relevant report with a zero RunNumber value. Each time the report is opened you can increment the number in the table. This could be done in the report's Open event procedure, but that would mean the code would execute every time the report is opened, so i...

Outlook removed access to attachments?
Hi, When I sent checked my sent messages and clicked on "open" there was a message saying that outlook had removed access to these attachments, I had tried to send a couple of pics but it looks like outlook won't allow me to send them? Any advice appreciated TIA. "Ray" <Ray@easynet.com> wrote in message news:c6m83s$413$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi, > When I sent checked my sent messages and clicked on "open" there > was a message saying that outlook had remo...

Data-Exchange between Excel and Word-Documents
Hello, I have the following problem. I need something, which generates a Word-Document with information from the Excel- sheet. Do you know some help? Tini How much information from Excel do you need? There are many options. The most simple would be to copy from Excel (Ctrl+C) then paste into Word (Ctrl+V). Or from the Word menu, you could try Insert/File, select All File types, browse for your Excel file, click OK then pick the sheet you want to copy over. Formatting is lost when you do this though. Another option is to drag the Excel file from Windows Explorer into a Word...

access denied when domain admin move organizational unit objects
Good Day Urgently need asistance in solving an access denied error when moving organizational unit objects from one OU to another , our active directory is windows 2003 forest with native mode and i am memeber of the domain admin group , i checked the following KB: http://blog.joeware.net/2005/07/17/48/ and the permission are ok Thanks for support and cooperation How are you moving the OU? Are you by any chance doing it from an another system running Vista/Win2k8 with UAC in place? Have you actually checked Effective Permissions? hth Marcin "ahmedgtech" ...

Access 2003/2007 Form Hang
I inherited an Access 2003 application (app and DB are separate files). In my quest to perform requested application updates (removing all references to Social Security number, etc), the application now hangs on one of the forms tabs. There was no reference to the now- removed SSN information. If I somehow manage to avoid clicking in a field in one of the other tabs, the tab can be accessed (viewed) and then another tab selected. However, if I've clicked on a field in another tab, or if I select the problem tab and then click on any field (date, for example), then I can no longer exit the ...

Excel is not asking to save a changed file when the file is closed
When I close Excel (Office 2003) I am not prompted to save a file that has been changed. This was working; however, something has changed in the last couple of months. I thought there might be a setting somewhere, but I am unable to see anything. Is it just one file doing this? Is the file a read-only file?Open a new blank file and enter something and close it and see what happens. HTH Otto "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4A65B16-5A7B-480D-80FB-0B11471BCB47@microsoft.com... > When I close Excel (Office 2003) I am not prompted to save a...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Getting Rid of "Ghost Field" on Access Report
Hello All, I'm hoping you can help me with a puzzling behavior exhibited by an Access report. When I attempt to run it I receive an error message asking for a value to a field that is not on the report or the underlying query. I have a report, which I will refer to as MyReport#1. It runs off of a MyQuery#1 without any error messages. I used MyReport#1 as the basis for a second repot, which I will call My Report#2. Everything, in MyReport#2 is identical as MyReport#1 except for one field. MyReport#2 runs off of a different query which I will call MyQuery#2. If I run MyQuery#2 by itsel...

How do I access the Numerical keyboard in Excel
Press <Num Lock> this toggles the number lock on and off. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "publicanhrb" <publicanhrb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD06A994-8D30-48F1-A03A-661B4496D0EC@microsoft.com... > What do you mean "access" the numeric keypad? Is your Num Lock key on? It should be. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "publicanhrb" <publicanhrb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD06A994-8D30-48F1-A03A-661B4496D0EC@mi...