Problems Formating Non-bulletied lines below a below

I frequently need to have a bullet with text underneath it as in...

[*] Identify the four stages of Development
     Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text

Basically adding comments or text underneath a bullet.

But for whatever *FRIGGING* reason Word 2007 will not let me format the text
the way I want it. Specficially, instead of having single spacing, Word
forces double spacing between the bulleted line and the non-bulleted line. I
have tried to set the line spacing along with playing with the DO NOT ADD
SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE option. But I *cannot* get Word
to do anything other than double space betwen the bullet and non-bullet. As
in...

[*] Identify the four stages of Development

Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text

0
David

Have you tried using a line break (Shift+Enter) instead of a paragraph
break?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message
>I frequently need to have a bullet with text underneath it as in...
>
> [*] Identify the four stages of Development
>     Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text
>
> Basically adding comments or text underneath a bullet.
>
> But for whatever *FRIGGING* reason Word 2007 will not let me format the
> text the way I want it. Specficially, instead of having single spacing,
> Word forces double spacing between the bulleted line and the non-bulleted
> line. I have tried to set the line spacing along with playing with the DO
> NOT ADD SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE option. But I *cannot*
> get Word to do anything other than double space betwen the bullet and
> non-bullet. As in...
>
> [*] Identify the four stages of Development
>
> Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text

0
Suzanne
12/1/2009 11:37:55 PM
I ended using the 'Remove space before/after paragraph' to get it to work.
My only experience is hitting [ENTER].